Famous Quotes About Says
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Says.
Top Quotes About Says
1. "Second Corinthians 4:13 says, "It is written: ‘I believed; therefore I have spoken.' With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak." If you are in Christ, you have been given that "same spirit of faith." The original word for spirit is literally translated "breath." When you speak God's Word out loud with confidence in Him—rather than your own ability to believe—you are breathing faith. Believing and speaking the truth of God's Word is like receiving blessed CPR from the Holy Spirit. Father, so often I feel like the boy's father who first exclaimed, "I do believe!"
Author: Beth Moore
2. "Doesn't it honor Him more when His children no longer see themselves only as sinners saved by grace, but now as heirs of God? Isn't it a greater form of humility to believe Him when He says we are precious in His sight when we don't feel very precious?"
Author: Bill Johnson
3. "Friendship exhibits a glorious "nearness by resemblance" to Heaven itself where the very multitude of the blessed (which no man can number) increases the fruition which each has of God. For every soul, seeing Him in her own way, doubtless communicates that unique vision to all the rest. That, says an old author, is why the Seraphim in Isaiah's vision are crying "Holy, Holy, Holy" to one another (Isaiah VI, 3). The more we thus share the Heavenly Bread between us, the more we shall all have."
Author: C.S. Lewis
4. "Everybody said so.Far be it from me to assert that what everybody says must be true. Everybody is, often, as likely to be wrong as right. In the general experience, everybody has been wrong so often, and it has taken in most instances such a weary while to find out how wrong, that the authority is proved to be fallible. Everybody may sometimes be right; "but that's no rule," as the ghost of Giles Scroggins says in the ballad."
Author: Charles Dickens
5. "Scratching Yogi's ears Michelle says 'That's just part of his job, the comforting. That's what I mean by the bhatisvata. That he's more concerned with comforting and helping, even more than his own well-being." This is a trait that more "people" should encompass."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
6. "Be famous. Be a big social experiment in getting what you don't want. Find value in what we've been taught is worthless. Find good in what the world says is evil. I'm giving you my life because I want the whole world to know you. I wish the whole world would embrace what it hates. Find what you're afraid of most and go live there."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
7. "Dorothy's coming up. I think she's tight.""That's great." I picked up my bathrobe. "I was afraid I was going to have to get some sleep."She was bending over looking for her slippers. "Don't be such an old fluff. You can sleep all day." She found her slippers and stood up in them. "Is she really as afraid of her mother as she says?""If she's got any sense. Mimi's poison."Nora screwed up her dark eyes at me and asked slowly: "What are you holding out on me?""Oh, dear," I said, " I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell you. Dorothy is really my daughter. I didn't know what I was doing, Nora. It was spring in Venice and I was so young and there was a moon over the...""Be funny. Don't you want something to eat?"
Author: Dashiell Hammett
8. "Hundreds,' Joe says. 'Hundreds and hundreds. But then again, I'm old.'So old, Jesus was in your math class,' I say. I crack myself up."
Author: Deb Caletti
9. "Cat rescue is like a virus," says Des placidely about the cat obsession that has taken over his life. "And once you're infected, it's incurable."
Author: Denise Flaim
10. "To enter the Buddha Way is to stop discriminating between good and evil and to cast aside the mind that says this is good and that is bad."
11. "Long day today,' she says.'Every day's the same length, sweetie."
Author: Doug Dorst
12. "I'm a wonderful disaster. So are you. We're all a mess. We're in this culture that says take this pill and you'll be happy, go on this diet and you'll be thinner, have your teeth whitened, people will love you more."
Author: Emilio Estevez
13. "Uncle Drew?""Yes?""Is you gonna die alone?"i smirk. "I don't plan on dying for a long time, honey""Momma says you're gonna die alone. She tol' Daddy that you gonna die and it be days till a Cleanin' lady find your rottin' corpse."lovely. Thank you, Alexandra"Wha's a corpse, uncle Drew?"Wow."
Author: Emma Chase
14. "Kat and Kropp get in an argument over the war as they rest from an hour's worth of drill (occasioned by Tjaden's not saluting a major properly). Kat believes the war would be over if leaders gave all the participants "the same grub and the same pay," as he says in a rhyme. Kropp believes the leaders of each country should fight each other in an arena to settle the war; the "wrong" people currently do the fighting."
Author: Erich Maria Remarque
15. "Fear-Dog told me . . . we must return to our camp," he growled, his voice throaty with drool. "Now?" whimpered the little brown dog. "Now. Immediately." Terror swiped a trembling paw at her face, though this time he missed. "He says . . . we are to kill any strange dogs. Kill them all. Kill them on sight. Now go!"
Author: Erin Hunter
16. "You look like a ghost," Bailey says. He can think of no better way to describe it. "You appear the same way to me, so which of us is real?"
Author: Erin Morgenstern
17. "Each of us has a call on our lives. This call says, ‘It's time to get your act together, then take it on the road.' This call says, ‘Put on your traveling shoes so that you can be of use to others... so that you can wear your soul on the outside, light the way for others, and pass it on."
Author: Gloria Burgess
18. "When anybody says, 'Why me?' Why is 'me' exempt?"
Author: Gloria Vanderbilt
19. "I think being a woman is like being Irish. Everyone says you're important and nice, but you take second place all the same."
Author: Iris Murdoch
20. "I smiled to fight the tears. "Fifty bucks says you'll be thanking me for this when you meet your future wife." Travis's eyebrow pulled together as his face fell. "That's an easy bet. The only woman I'd ever wanna marry just broke my heart."
Author: Jamie McGuire
21. "All my stories were usually titled, 'White House Says,' 'President Bush Wants,' and I relied on transcripts from the briefings. I relied on press releases that were sent to the press for the purpose of accurately portraying what the White House believed or wanted."
Author: Jeff Gannon
22. "Nick!' I flinch. 'What?' Jo widens her eyes at Mom. 'Forget it, Jo,' Mom says. 'He's not ready.''Yes, I am,' I tell her. 'I know I don't have a dad. Kenny DiPoto doesn't have a dad either because his dad got knifed in jail.''Geezus,' Jo breathes. 'What kind of neighbourhood is this?"
Author: Julie Anne Peters
23. "Yes, he's my psychiatrist," I say quietly as I stare out at the road. I can't meet his eyes right now. I don't want to see judgment there."And why are you seeing a psychiatrist?""My unruly sex drive?""Irish..." the way he says my nickname makes me glance in time to catch him lift in his seat and tug at his jeans slightly, as if to make himself more comfortable. "Tell me."
Author: K.A. Tucker
24. "Behind us, the man laughed. "Looks like we aren't the only ones looking for a little diversion. There's an empty office right over there, guys." Marsten raised his hand in thanks. The couple moved on. I let the kiss continue for five more seconds, then pulled away. "They're gone," I said. Marsten frowned, as if surprised-and disappointed-that I'd noticed. I tugged my hair from his hands. "Okay, coast clear," I said. "Let's go." He let out a small laugh. "I see I need to brush up on my kissing." "No, you have that down pat." "She says with all the excitement of a teacher grading a math quiz..." "A-plus. Now let's move. Before someone else comes along."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
25. "Yes you're getting your tattoo." I threw my arms around Dad's neck. "Thank you!" "Hey," Mom said. "I'm the one who had to persuade him it wasn't turning his little girl into a streetwalker." "I never said that," Dad said. "No?" I said. "Cool. Cause I've decided to skip the paw print. I'm thinking of a tramp stamp with flames that says 'Hot in Here.' No wait. Arrows. For directionally challenged guys"
Author: Kelley Armstrong
26. "I want one!" Em Calls out. I look just in time to see Jaxon's face freeze with his own terror. "You want one what? You want a puppy? I can get one of those. You want a bigger ring, baby, I'll do that too. How about a nice long vacation, anywhere you want to go," he says, obviously trying to distract her."
Author: Kimberly Lauren
27. "?'let me in, she says!' pete laughs, hysterically. 'let me in so i can chew on your arm! would you like fries with that? i dont think so.' he cackles to himself, wicked crazy-- undead kirsty mckay"
Author: Kirsty McKay
28. "Our frog lies on her back. Waiting for a prince to come and princessify her with a smooch? I stand over her with my knife. Ms. Keen's voice fades to a mosquito whine. My throat closes off. It is hard to breathe. I put out my hand to steady myself against the table. David pins her froggy hands to the dissection tray. He spreads her froggy legs and pins her froggy feet. I have to slice open her belly. She doesn't say a word. She is already dead. A scream starts in my gut—I can feel the cut, smell the dirt, leaves in my hair. I don't remember passing out. David says I hit my head on the edge of the table on my way down. The nurse calls my mom because I need stitches. The doctor stares into the back of my eyes with a bright light. Can she read the"
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
29. "Nash says you bartend, right?"My eyes open to his. He's staring down at me, so close I can see the vague line where black pupil stops and nearly-black iris begins. Those eyes are amazing!I see his eyebrows rise, prompting me."Pardon?" I ask."Nothing. I don't even think it matters. If you're this adorably sexy all the time, no one will care how fast you get them their drinks."
Author: M. Leighton
30. "Rilke says: Verweilung, auch am Verstrautesten nicht, ist uns gegeben - We are not allowed to linger, even with what is most intimate."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
31. "Just say after Wednesday we never see each-""Don't" he says, angry. "Jonah, you live six hundred kilometres away from me," I argue. "Between noe and when we graduate next year there are at least ten weeks' holiday and five random public holidays. There's email and if you manage to get down to the town, there's text messaging and mobile phone calls. If not, the five minutes you get to speak to me on your communal phone is better than nothing. There are the chess nerds who want to invite you to our school for the chess comp next March and there's this town in the middle, planned by Walter Burley Griffin, where we can meet up and protest against our government's refusal to sign the Kyoto treaty."
Author: Melina Marchetta
32. "Any other vexations to report?" he asks."I love the word 'vexations.'""It's the 'x.' Nice to jump off a 'v' and bite into an 'x' like that.""Just the usual ones," she says."How was the weekend?""Vexing. Not really, I just wanted to say it. You?"
Author: Michael Cunningham
33. "I can see a sticker on the back of that truck! Would you like me to tell you what it says? I just want to be normal again! Like you!"
Author: Michael Scott
34. "He was a wild one as a lad, and there's a look about him that says he could be again." Kathy sighed. "I've always had a soft spot for a wild heart in a man. Have you no sweetheart in the States then, Jude?""No." She thought briefly of William. Had she ever considered her husband her sweetheart? "No one special.""If they're not special, what would the point be?"
Author: Nora Roberts
35. "I'm now convinced that I'm a doctor. I mean, if someone says they have a pain, I'm like, 'Well, that's your spleen.'"
Author: Olivia Wilde
36. "As a Christian, I'm passionately opposed to American pretensions that we have special standing with God; to political office-seekers who play on our religious differences; and to the religious arrogance that says, 'Our truth is the only truth.'"
Author: Parker Palmer
37. "Life Teaches You Several Things,It says 'Hi' & Gives You 'Good',It Says 'Hello' & Gives you 'Better',It says ''Wait" & Gives You "The Best"
Author: Pritam Ganguly
38. "Mr. Lockery—my biology teacher—says if dinosaurs were magically brought forward in time today, we'd have nothing to worry about. Dogs, wolves, and bears would make short work of tyrannosaurs." She nodded at Schrödinger, who was now padding across the floor in the opposite direction. "Big cats, too. They're faster, tougher, and brighter than anything that existed seventy million years ago. Everything is always ramping up, always escalating."
Author: Robert J. Sawyer
39. "I narrow my eyes at him. ‘Don't try to take me on with sarcasm. I am the queen of it. I've studied it, perfected it. I come from a land where we own sarcasm and the use of it. There is nothing you can teach me about sarcasm.' ‘OK,' he says, grinning up at me, ‘Professor Emeritus Sarcastus. You can own the sarcasm. What I meant was you might learn how to change the chain on a bike, for example."
Author: Sarah Alderson
40. "But really it says everything that's wrong about the publishing industry, that a quarter of a million people bought and read a sex and shopping novel that wasn't even written by one of those footballer girlfriends, and yet most of the shortlisted titles on the Orange Prize, which is an award for women writers, don't even sell ten thousand copies. It's just not right."
Author: Sarra Manning
41. "Well, I know a guy, he's from far far awayHe's a songwriter, he got something to sayHe says, "People in this city are too busy to hang outThis town's so spread out, no one would hear you if you shout"Everyone's got a script to sell and someplace else they want to beThere's always a lock that would open if you could just find the key"(It Ain't Easy Being Green)"
Author: Shannon McNally
42. "There are girls who are so fierce that wearing pink makes them look that much cooler (especially when paired with black-and-white-striped tights or a skull choker). On those badass vixens, pink becomes an in-your-face dare that says "hey, world, even in the girliest of colors, I'm still cool as hell, so don't fuck with me."
Author: Shauna Cross
43. "I have to protect you," he says softly."
Author: Simone Elkeles
44. "A man who doesn't say what he means or do what he says, craves attention and misuses it when he gets it, doesn't share what he knows and earns,deserves death."
Author: Sister Souljah
45. "Readers have the right to say whatever the fuck they want about a book. Period. They have that right. If they hate the book because the MC says the word "delicious" and the reader believes it's the Devil's word and only evil people use it, they can shout from the rooftops "This book is shit and don't read it" if they want. If they want to write a review entirely about how much they hate the cover, they can if they want. If they want to make their review all about how their dog Foot Foot especially loved to pee on that particular book, they can."[Blog entry, January 9, 2012]"
Author: Stacia Kane
46. "Only my dead body would allow her to walk out that door." Warner exercises his jaw and spits blood on the floor. "You I would kill for pleasure," he says to Adam. "But Juliette is the one I want forever."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
47. "I liked my house. I liked my stuff. I had to start over once. I don't want to have to do it again. But life says, ‘Tough bounce,' and what are my options? Take it on the chin and keep marching."
Author: Tami Hoag
48. "Addiction," I say simply. "It can span an entire lifetime if untreated.""What's the treatment?""I don't really care.""Me neither," she says."
Author: Tarryn Fisher
49. "...looking back, has this journalism experience been a nightmare for you?''Not entirely.''Did you enjoy any of it?''I liked going to the library,' he says. 'I think I prefer books to people -- primary sources scare me."
Author: Tom Rachman
50. "A blind bloke walks into a shop with a guide dog. He picks the Dog up and starts swinging it around his head. Alarmed, a shop assistant calls out: 'Can I help, sir?' 'No thanks,' says the blind bloke. 'Just looking.'"
Author: Tommy Cooper
Quotes About Says Pictures