Famous Quotes About Scary Things
Browse 34 famous quotes and sayings about Scary Things.
Top Quotes About Scary Things
1. "You never heard me tell you that I want everything, not just the perfect pieces, not just the sparkling, charming snapshots of you. You never let me tell you that I want every piece of you, even the broken ones, even the dark places where scary things hide."
Author: Amy Reed
2. "So, who's going to tell Mrs Beale she's got a month to plan a wedding feast ?"Hell's fire. Mrs Beale was a marvelous cook. She also had what he considered an unnatural relationship with her meat cleaver. Since he'd inherited SaDiablo Hall, he had gained a finer appreciation of why his father had stayed away from anything to do with the kitchen unless cornered. The woman was downright scary at times.The fact that she and Beale, the Hall's butler, were happily married was something he tried not to think about because it made him wonder things about Beale he'd rather not wonder."If we both went to Amdarh, we could just write her a note," Jaenelle said.He looked at Jaenelle. She looked at him."Good idea," he said."
Author: Anne Bishop
3. "I don't know why life isn't constructed to be seamless and safe, why we make such glaring mistakes, things fall so short of our expectations, and our hearts get broken and out kids do scary things and our parents get old and don't always remember to put pants on before they go out for a stroll. I don't know why it's not more like it is in the movies, why things don't come out neatly and lessons can't be learned when you're in the mood for learning them, why love and grace often come in such motley packaging."
Author: Anne Lamott
4. "Because we build the worlds we wouldn't mind living in. They contain scary things, problems, but also a sense of rightness that makes them alive and makes us want to live there."
Author: Anne McCaffrey
5. "I wanted to hold everything in place with my thin little arm and weak spirit. I wanted to do what I could with my unreliable body to try and deal with the many scary things that were going to start happening from now on. I wanted to try."
Author: Banana Yoshimoto
6. "It's almost scary how good things are right now. I've been engaged now for about a year, and it's the first time anything like that has happened to me."
Author: Bryan White
7. "Scary as this was...telling her these things was like a bloodletting. The initial cut hurt like hell, but with it done he could feel the toxins escaping, making room for relief. And all at once he wanted to give in. With a blinding bolt of understanding, he realized he'd had it all wrong, blaming his fetish all this time, thinking of it as some twisted, fucked-up force that lived inside him. A thing to be drowned in liquor, glass by glass, night by night, year after year. It wasn't his desire that had poisoned him. It was his shame."
Author: Cara McKenna
8. "It's a scary thing; moving on. Part of me wishes life were more predictable and part of me is excited that it's not. I think it's impossible to tell the good things from the bad things while they're happening."
Author: Chris Crutcher
9. "I keep a bedside journal. I am very affected by dream information. They might be scary to other people, but they're mine, so they don't feel scary. I'd wake up in a cold sweat if I didn't dream these things..."
Author: Clive Barker
10. "You want to hear it? Fine. It's a simple story really, about a pretty girl who was pretty stupid. She let a man touch her because she was scared to say no, and then she told her parents because she was scared to say nothing. Then they were scared to do anything that might ruin their pretty little lives, so they told the girl that it was nothing. That just being touched wasn't enough to fight for. Too scared to prove them wrong, she kept going like it was nothing, and she let more people touch her, never knowing that she was handing out pieces of herself. Or, hell, maybe she knew deep down, and she just hated herself so much that she was glad to be rid of them. And life wasn't pretty, but it also wasn't scary until she met a man with two names who touched her without taking and made her miss the pieces she had lost. And now things aren't just scary, they're fucking terrifying, and I can't do it. I can't live like this, knowing all that I've ruined and that it can't be fixed."
Author: Cora Carmack
11. "We put God in front of terrifying things, and we knocked three times, and we took drugs and shopped too much and obsessed about success, so that the scary stuff would look farther away than it was. We worried, because maybe if we worried enough, it would act like a spell of safety. All those things, superstitions and addictions and anxiety, they were all about hiding from what scared the shit out of us."
Author: Deb Caletti
12. "There are always scary things happening in the world. There are always wonderful things happening. And it's up to you to decide how you're going to approach the world...how you're going to live in it, and what you're going to do." —Jo Ellen Chapman"
Author: Deborah Wiles
13. "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."
Author: Fred Rogers
14. "Light our fire and protect us from the dark, blah blah, light our way and keep us toasty warm, the night is dark and full of terrors, save us from the scary things, and blah blah blah some more."
Author: George R.R. Martin
15. "It a dude and a girl, and the house and wooo scary things happen and then they kill everything."
Author: Ilona Andrews
16. "I have scars on my hand from touching certain people. Once, in the park, when Frannie was still in the carriage, I put my hand on the downy pate of her head and left it there too long. Another time, at Loew's Seventy-second Street, with Zooey during a spooky movie. He was about six or seven, and he went under the seat to avoid watching a scary scene. I put my hand on his head. Certain heads, certain colors and textures of human hair leave permanent marks on me. Other things, too. Charlotte once ran away from me, outside the studio, and I grabbed her dress to stop her, to keep her near me. A yellow cotton dress I loved because it was too long for her. I still have a lemon-yellow mark on the palm of my right hand."
Author: J.D. Salinger
17. "What I've found - and the older I get, the more I understand this and stand behind it - is, my whole life has been an exploration of telling the truth. It's scary to be truthful, and it's scary to reveal yourself, and I'm very attracted to doing things that scare me."
Author: Jane Wiedlin
18. "I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane."
Author: Jim Butcher
19. "Peter sighed into the water, and his breath sent a small circle of it into tiny ripples. "It seems cowardly, getting old. Don't you think?" She rolled onto her side to look at him, pillowing her ear with her right arm, and letting her fingers dangle in the water beyond her head. "How is it cowardly?"Peter kept his eyes on his reflection. "You just curl up around yourself, and sit by the fire, and try to be comfortable. When you get old, you just get smaller inside, and you try not to pay attention to anything but your blankets and your food and your bed.""Being comfortable is not a bad thing."Peter shrugged and turned his head to look at her as if it was a matter of fact. "Of course it is. Old people lock out all the scary, wild things. It's like they don't exist." She wanted to say that she would have liked for those things not to exist, either, but she held her tongue, because she didn't want to sound like a coward."
Author: Jodi Lynn Anderson
20. "Jenks's gaze was even and calm, wise and even a bit sad. The wind ruffled his hair, and the sound of the pixies grew obvious. "No," he said. "I don't think you do." I glared, and he added, "I think it would kill you quicker than going to see Piscary wearing gothic lace. I think managing to find a blood balance with Ivy is going to be the only way you're going to survive. Besides…" He grinned impishly. "…no one but Ivy will put up with the things you need or the crap you dish out."
Author: Kim Harrison
21. "Then he looked at her.That connection again. It seemed to be drawing them together-an almost physical feeling of attraction. It was exciting, but scary.Eric got up very slowly and crossed the room. He sat by Thea. Neither of them looked away.And then things just seemed to happen by themselves. Their fingers were intertwined. Thea was looking up and he was looking down. They were so close that their breath mingled. Thea shivered with the electricity.Everything seemed wrapped in a golden haze."
Author: L.J. Smith
22. "I love horror, I love scary movies, I love thrillers. If things creep you out and spook you? I love it."
Author: Lana Parrilla
23. "We're divorced from my father because he did some mean and scary things to us."
Author: Mattie Stepanek
24. "Why aren't you still scared of me Solomon?" Theodore asked."I don't know. I guess because I really looked at you, and saw you for what you were, rather than what others told me you were. After I got to know you, you weren't so scary after that.""So people are scared of things they don't look at closely?""Or maybe people and things they just don't want to look at. It is like they are wearing goggles that they see what they have been told, rather than what they really are seeing" answered Solomon. "They see something or someone strange, and make up their mind about it without really looking. Then they tell others, and soon everyone agrees that they should be scared of that thing or person and no one ever really tries to find out why."
Author: Michael Delaware
25. "I will believe.I will believe!It's scary...but I have to do it. If I believe, maybe I'll be saved...But who knows? It might not happen immediately.Maybe things won't change today, or even tomorrow. Good things don't happen right away...because I don't deserve them, right? But I'm starting to think maybe I'm just not noticing them. If I don't believe good things will happen...why would I look for them? I think...that I'll never find them if I don't have faith. If I don't believe in myself, then..."
Author: Miyoshi Tomori
26. "Koturovic somehow came up with the idea there were some kind of creatures—big, smart, scary alpha predators—living in these higher dimensions. Telepathically-sensitive people sensed them all through history and that's where all our myths about demons and monsters come from. It's their presence leaking through. When the dimensional barriers were shattered, according to him, these things would come through and eat everything they could until the barriers reasserted themselves. Kind of the universe's method of population control."
Author: Peter Clines
27. "What they had was rare, imperfect and beautiful and scary all at once. It was hard to say those things out loud and know the right words to use. But that was okay. Because when two people found each other, two people who were meant to be, words didn't even matter anymore. They just knew. And that was the luckiest thing of all."
Author: Piper Vaughn
28. "He's the thrilling, scary Boyfriend who's going to dare you to do things you'd never dreamed of, shower you with unreasonable presents, and show up uninvited at the most embarrassing times. Then he's going to stick with you, refusing to take the hint when you don't answer his calls."
Author: Sara Miles
29. "I am Death and no one defeats or escapes Death. (Thanatos)You know, I'll bet most people shit their pants in terror when you hand them that line. But you know what, Mr. I-want-to-be-scary-and-am-failing-miserably? I'm not a person. I'm a Dark-Hunter and in the grand scheme of things you don't mean shit to me. Now I can sit here and play with you, but I'd rather just put you out of both our miseries. (Zarek)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
30. "And speaking of scary things, I need to leave. My guides are fading even as we speak. (Talon)I hate when you commune with the dead in front of me. (Kyrian)Are you the asshole who sent the 'I See Dead People' T-shirt to me? (Talon)That would be Wulf. (Kyrian)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
31. "I choose work that is hard to pull off. And it's scary how things can go wrong. But if there's no risk involved, it's not challenging. A good idea will survive any process."
Author: Steven Holl
32. "I'm a character and relationship guy, and even with the 'Saw' films, it's special-effects people's jobs to create these scary things. It's not my job. My job is to bring some sense of humanity to the character, no matter how evil he may be. The script is going to take me there."
Author: Tobin Bell
33. "Scary, how easy it is to forget bad things."
Author: Victoria Schwab
34. "I loved going to Vancouver. While working, I did my schoolwork in the attic of this house we were shooting in. It was kind of scary up there with creaking floors and all! That was probably the scariest part for me. I think attics are terrifying anyways, but to be shooting 'The Haunting Hour' of all things, and doing my work there, that was scary!"
Author: Willow Shields
Quotes About Scary Things Pictures