Famous Quotes About Scorpions
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Scorpions.
Top Quotes About Scorpions
1. "Unless you are here: this garden refuses to exist.Pink dragonflies fall from the airand become scorpions scratching blood out of rocks.The rainbows that dangle upon this mist: shatter. Like the smile of a child separatedfrom his mother's milk for the very first time.--from poem Blood and Blossoms"
2. "If you'd lie with scorpions, you need a taste for poison."
Author: Aleksandr Voinov
3. "If you lie with scorpions, you'd better have a taste for poison."(Kendras)"
Author: Aleksandr Voinov
4. "A host of scorpions crawl out from under the wetnurse's dress and start swarming in her vagina which swells and splits, becomes transparent and shimmers like the sun"
Author: Antonin Artaud
5. "Torveld favoured Laurent with another of those long, admiring looks that were starting to come with grating frequency. Damen frowned. Laurent was a nest of scorpions in the body of one person. Torveld looked at him and saw a buttercup."
Author: C.S. Pacat
6. "From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment."
Author: Charles Manson
7. "It wont be long now it wont be longman is making deserts of the earthit wont be long nowbefore man will have used it upso that nothing but antsand centipedes and scorpionscan find a living on it....what man calls civilizationalways results in deserts....men talk of money and industryof hard times and recoveriesof finance and economicsbut the ants wait and the scorpions waitfor while men talk they are making deserts all the timegetting the world ready for the conquering antdrought and erosion and desertbecause men cannot learn....it wont be long now it wont be longtill earth is barren as the moonand sapless as a mumbled bone"
Author: Don Marquis
8. "What color was the scorpion? I remembered the question Henenu had asked me years ago. The answer was vital: brown scorpions didn't have the power to kill humans, but white ones did.'Brown.' He summoned up a wobbly smile. 'Not very big, either. I shouldn't be carrying on like this. You'll think I'm a child.''Not many children know the kind of words you were using,' I replied dryly."
Author: Esther M. Friesner
9. "Yes, ma'am, I like raspberry cake, only I like it better with no poison or scorpions in it."
Author: Frances Hardinge
10. "...She would get up at eleven o'clock, completely nude, in the bathroom, killing scorpions as she came out of her dense and prolonged sleep."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
11. "I could fall in love with a cruel desert that kills without passion, a canyon full of scorpions, one thousand blinding arctic storms, a century sealed in a cave, a river of molten salt flowing down my throat. But never with you."
Author: Henry Rollins
12. "A king who feared wasps once decreed that they were abolished. As it happened, they did him no harm. But he was eventually stung to death by scorpions."
Author: Idries Shah
13. "Maybe there was something in the van that could help me. I felt around cautiously on the floor with my hand to my left but didn't find anything useful, just some discarded fast food wrappings. I felt around to my right and ditto, until my hand came up against a metal box secured to the wall of the van. I moved my fingers up its side until they hooked onto a lid,slightly ajar. I opened the box and carefully felt inside,hoping it wasn't full of mousetraps, cacti or scorpions.Hmm, tools, I realized as I cautiously ran my fingers over the contents. A toolbox. Tools are handy – there's a lot you can do with tools. You can make things, you can fix things, you can use them as weapons.- heller 1"
Author: J D Nixon
14. "The princess stood in the center of the cabin, her brilliant red robes and the rubies at her throat and her bloodred eyes all the color of hatred. With her stark hair twisted up off her neck, and her pale skin, and the live albino scorpions she wore as earring, she was an exquisite horror, a Kabuki doll constructed by an evil hand. And she was evil, her darkness coming to him in waves, emanating from the center of her chest even as nothing about her moved and her moonlike face remained unmarred by a frown."
Author: J.R. Ward
15. "Scorpions are quite ruthless, you know. That is why Artemis bid one of them to kill her foe Orion. And as a reward she set the scorpion on up in the sky. I'm not ruthless. I merely do whatever it takes to achive my goalsThat's not ruthless?"
Author: Lisa Kleypas
16. "The broken pink pillars, in the half-light, might have been waiting to fall down on him: the pool, covered with green scum, its steps torn away and hanging by one rotting clamp, to close over his head. The shattered evil-smelling chapel, overgrown with weeds, the crumbling walls, splashed with urine, on which scorpions lurked - wrecked entablature, sad archivolt, slippery stones covered with excreta - this place, where love had once brooded, seemed part of a nightmare."
Author: Malcolm Lowry
17. "Jerome was a marvelous advocate of chastity: yet hear his confession: "O, how often have I thought myself to be in the midst of the vain delights and pleasures of Rome, even when I was in the wild wilderness." Again, "I, who for fear of hell had condemned myself to such a prison, thought myself oftentimes to be dancing among young women, when I had no other company, but scorpions and wild beasts. My face was pale with fasting, but my mind was inflamed with desires in my cold body: and although my flesh was half-dead already, yet the flames of fleshly lust, boiled within me, etc."
Author: Martin Luther
18. "I ain't movin' to Arizona! Dammit, there is nothin' there but gravel and scorpions."
Author: Mary Doria Russell
19. "If you are in a band like my brother, Rudolf, who is in the Scorpions, then you have a kind of umbrella and you cover each other. You have five people to discuss things with and you are all in the same boat, and therefore make much wiser choices."
Author: Michael Schenker
20. "Once I was chased by the king of all scorpions. I have the most notorious animal stories."
Author: Rachel Hunter
21. "I kept having dreams all night. I thought they were touching me with their fingers. But dreams don't have fingers, they have fists, so it must have been scorpions."
Author: Roberto Bolaño
22. "He flipped the channel to another view of the scorpions swarming over a road downtown toward people who were screaming and running to get away from them.' "Welcome to the apocalypse. Ain't she pretty?" – Sundown"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
23. "Please nothing, she's a vicious piranha. She looks all cute and cuddly, then she opens that mouth and lets loose so much venom she could double as a nest of scorpions. (Leo)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
24. "To Renard's suspicious eye, Elizabeth's nebulous role at court had taken on a new and sinister signifiance. This unspoken Protestant heir presumptive was suddenly the greatest obstacle to Prince Philip's path to England and Renard had already resolved to dispose of her at his earliest conveneicne. Accordingly, he invited her to dance and tried his hand at a little subtle flattery. They manoevered delicately down the Hall, like two scorpions locked in mortal combat, but no matter how he tried, he could not get close enough to sting."
Author: Susan Kay
25. "I have snakes, three sharks, moray eels, piranhas, five scorpions and a bird spider. All of them are predators. They are dangerous but it's cool to have strong and powerful pets."
Author: Tracy Morgan
26. "O, full of scorpions is my mind!"
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Scorpions Pictures