Famous Quotes About Scout And Jems Innocence
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Scout And Jems Innocence.
Top Quotes About Scout And Jems Innocence
1. "Writing novels preserves you in a state of innocence - a lot passes you by - simply because your attention is otherwise diverted."
Author: Anita Brookner
2. "I feel like I'm a much better person when I'm developing my imagination and my innocence and my vulnerability. I like that version of me better than the version where I'm just working on my analytical mind."
Author: Brit Marling
3. "And so it is becomes important to protect the innocence in children, to prolong their understanding of the two worlds, because innocence like any other thing does not have a lastingness and so the idea is to bring them up beyond the concepts of truth and falsehood, leave it to time for it is a valuable teacher and ensure that they come out of it, all of it unscathed."
Author: Chirag Tulsiani
4. "Kyle's shrill voice interrupted their moment. "Figured you two would turn this into a scout meeting. Will you get your asses up here? People are waiting. I mean Beckett here has maybe a fewhours before he's bent over a metal toilet getting it up the ass from aguy named Bubba. Do you want him to have fun now or not?"The streetlight illuminated Beckett as he appeared next to Kyle. "Why would I be the bitch? I don't think that's a fair f*cking assumption."Kyle refused to look at him and crossed her arms. "Of course you'd be the bitch. You have dimples. Bitches have dimples. And I bet your ass is soft like two pillows. Bubba's going to love bouncing off of you."Beckett stormed away, dragging Kyle with him. "I'll be the f*cker," he told her. "Not the f*ckee. The f*cker.""Fine, a$$hole, you're the f*cker," Kyle's voice faded away as they returned to the party."
Author: Debra Anastasia
5. "I feel I lost my innocence to cancer."
Author: Delta Goodrem
6. "Allow me to give my lord one last piece of counsel," the old man had said, "the same counsel I once gave my brother when we parted for the last time. He was three-and-thirty when the Great Council chose him to mount the Iron Throne. A man grown with sons of his own, yet in some ways still a boy. Egg had an innocence to him, a sweetness we all loved. Kill the boy within you, I told him the day I took ship for the Wall. It takes a man to rule. An Aegon, not an Egg. Kill the boy and let the man be born." The old man felt Jon's face. "You are half the age that Egg was, and your own burden is crueler one, I fear. You will have little joy of your command, but I think you have the strength in you to do the things that must be done. Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born."
Author: George R.R. Martin
7. "I enjoyed the innocence of unhappiness and of helplessness; could I blame myself for a sin which attracted me, which flooded me with pleasure precisely to the extent it brought me to despair?"
Author: Georges Bataille
8. "Art is the fatal net which catches these strange moments on the wing like mysterious butterflies, fleeing the innocence and distraction of common men."
Author: Giorgio De Chirico
9. "I didn't like what that word-'childhood'-conjured up, or rather, I didn't like the way most people use it: that presumption of innocence and starry-eyed wonder. The only good thing about childhood is that no one really remembers it, or rather, that's the only thing about it to like: this forgetting. What else could possibly lie beneath that blissful oblivion but shame: a dark knowledge of that terrible badge of weakness, that inescapable servitude (bearable only thanks to the slow revelation that we could inflict cruelty and evil on the weaker kids), a sickening awareness that just about everything there is to understand was beyond us, made even worse by the lies and inaccuracies that adults feel entitled to spread around, deliberately, or because they don't know any better, about themselves or about the nature of reality?"
Author: Jean Christophe Valtat
10. "Only on Sundays do you come across political scout troops with sandals, walking sticks, and knives. In the woods they do round dances, they rave about nature, and have big brawls with each other. It's a strange, baffling young generation. It covet's the poet's eye in a fine frenzy rolling, but not his shy piety and love of nature."
Author: Joseph Roth
11. "Children are meant to grow up, and not to become Peter Pans. Not to lose innocence and wonder; but to proceed on the appointed journey: that journey upon which it is certainly not better to travel than to arrive, though we must travel hopefully if we are to arrive."
Author: JRR Tolkien
12. "Innocence cannot be lost or takenit is not vulnerable or fragile Innocence is a child exploring the forest boldly finding the face of God -- in everythingfalling asleep with lions and lambs dreaming of peace in Jerusalem..."
Author: Kate Mullane Robertson
13. "I didn't know how much I could love until you were gone. Until your laughter no longer filled my home, your wicked high jinks no longer made me crazy. Until I stood in that damned club and knew, without you by side, my life was as empty as my bed was without you in it. I didn't know what love was, until I saw my refusal to admit it drown all the sweet innocence in your eyes. I love you."
Author: Lora Leigh
14. "Maybe I don't really want to know what's going on. Maybe I'd rather not know. Maybe I couldn't bear to know. The Fall was a fall from innocence to knowledge."
Author: Margaret Atwood
15. "People Power is too often an inverted fairy story - the triumph of innocence coming at the start and the Ugly Sisters of intrigue and ambition coming on stage in triumph for the final curtain."
Author: Mark Almond
16. "It's innocence when it charms us, ignorance when it doesn't."
Author: Mignon McLaughlin
17. "Becoming an Eagle Scout is just about the only thing you can put on your resume at age fifty that you did at age fourteen--and it still impresses."
Author: Randy Pausch
18. "Why then you're as mad as me. No, madder. For I distrust 'reality' and its moron mother, the universe, while you fasten your innocence to fallible devices which pretend at happy endings."
Author: Ray Bradbury
19. "You lose a certain kind of innocence when you experience this type of kindness. You lose your right to be a jaded cynic. You can no longer go back through the looking glass and pretend not to know what you know about kindness. It's a defeat, in a way."
Author: Rob Sheffield
20. "A Scout is never taken by surprise; he knows exactly what to do when anything unexpected happens."
Author: Robert Baden Powell
21. "With the innocence of the dead, who no longer mind being observed, the people in the photographs gazed out on the professors' barely contained enthusiasm."
Author: Roberto Bolaño
22. "A tip for you-Little Miss Innocent routine only works when there's a credible belief that innocence is possible."
Author: Sarah Mayberry
23. "I felt sort of sad that I couldn't remember the last time, before tonight, that I'd paid such close attention to the sky. It felt like that must be some kind of sign that I'd lost my innocence and grown up without even realizing it."
Author: Tara Altebrando
24. "God made the angels to show Him splendor, as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But Man He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of his mind."
Author: Thomas More
25. "How but in custom and in ceremony are innocence and beauty born?"
Author: W.B. Yeats
Quotes About Scout And Jems Innocence Pictures