Famous Quotes About Scout Innocence In To Kill A Mockingbird
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Scout Innocence In To Kill A Mockingbird.
Top Quotes About Scout Innocence In To Kill A Mockingbird
1. "I'm simply acting according to my current circumstance." Logan blew a smoke ring, scenting the air with tobacco and cloves. "I thought prisoners were always granted a cigarette before their execution. And since you all keep threatening to kill me, I believe I should always have this small luxury afforded to me as long as my life is a risk. Don't you?"
Author: Andrea Cremer
2. "I wanted to kiss her, she was beautiful again to me. But I dared not risk it. It wasn't only that I would have frightened her, it was that the desire to kill her was almost overpowering. Some fierce purely male instinct in me wanted to claim her now simply because I had claimed her in another way before."
Author: Anne Rice
3. "I'm not going to kill you, Nora. I don't kill people who are important to me. And you top the list."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
4. "It's not that fact of him telling me he's not going to kill me that assures me I've got some time to breathe. Predo could look me in the eye and tell me whiskey's good and cigarettes are better and I'd still need a drink and a Lucky to believe he's not lying. The man breeds lies. He spawns them asexually, with no need for any assistance. He exhales and lies fill the air. Alone in a room, he mutters lies to himself to keep from falling into the trap of truth-telling. In the day, sleeping in his bed, deep in the safest heart of Coalition headquarters, he dreams in lies. The better to keep his left hand from knowing what betrayals his right has planned.Stretched on the rack and burned with hot irons, Dexter Predo will be in no danger of revealing the truth. Living so far beyond its borders."
Author: Charlie Huston
5. "Leave him alone!" Debbie shouted."Shut up, please, or I'll kill you," Mr Tiny replied."
Author: Darren Shan
6. "There is always a danger that in our asceticism we shall be tempted to imitate the sufferings of Christ. This is a pious but godless ambition, for beneath it there always lurks the notion that it is possible for us to step into Christ's shoes and suffer as he did and kill the old Adam. We are then presuming to undertake that bitter work of eternal redemption which Christ himself wrought for us. The motive of asceticism was more limited--to equip us for better service and deeper humiliation."
Author: Dietrich Bonhoeffer
7. "Don't panic. Panic will kill you when nothing else wants to."
Author: Elizabeth Haydon
8. "He was pleased that she should see death in his face at once. His mother, at the age of sixty, was going to be introduced to reality and he supposed that if the experience didn't kill her, it would assist her in the process of growing up. He stepped down and greeted her."
Author: Flannery O'Connor
9. "Jack sheathed his knife, tied the dressed hare to a stick, and slung it over his shoulder. It wouldn't do for the meat to touch his school uniform. Might make the kill dirty."
Author: Ilona Andrews
10. "She tried to kill me. The problem is she did it slowly, almost invisibly, so the whole murder would take about 50 years."
Author: Jarod Kintz
11. "When people decide that a certain way of faith is destined and inevitable, hatred and intolerance follow. Instead of saying, 'The Light is within you, choose the Light,' the message becomes 'Agree with our version of history or we'll kill you."
Author: John Twelve Hawks
12. "That's blackmail on top of attempted murder, Kye. I can officially kill you"
Author: Keri Arthur
13. "Jesus," Dante interjected when the heavy quiet in the vehicle seemed endless. "All this touchy feely is making me itchy to kill something. How about we quit jerking each other off and go blow the roof off this mutha?"
Author: Lara Adrian
14. "Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
Author: Margaret Atwood
15. "Yeah, fucknuts, its you. You're me. To get into this place, You're gonna have to kill me. Which is not gonna happen 'cause I'm not so cool with dying. What is gonna happen is that i'm gonna kick your ass and kill you dead."
Author: P.C. Cast
16. "Where's Lover Boy? Oh, I see. You were gonna help him, right? Well that's sweet. It's too bad you couldn't help your little...friend. That little girl? What was her name again? Rue? Well, we killed her. And now...we're gonna kill you." -Clove, The Hunger Games"
Author: Suzanne Collins
Quotes About Scout Innocence In To Kill A Mockingbird Pictures