Famous Quotes About Scream
Browse 1538 famous quotes and sayings about Scream.
Top Quotes About Scream
1. "Every heartbeat screams your name"
Author: Amy Lane
2. "And now Kit's cock—which had mostly been used for taking a leak before that moment—woke up and screamed I WANT! FEED ME ASSHOLE! And Kit had given it a good handshake until it threw up."
Author: Amy Lane
3. "Her screams, as always, were silent."
Author: Annette Gisby
4. "I can see him now in his cart pulled by two deer, followed by a couple of servants. Once carried enough wine to kill Liu Ling, and the other carried a spade to bury him on the spot – so much for Confucian ceremony. When I came to call, he'd greet me stark naked and I can still hear him scream, "The universe is my dwelling place and my house is my only clothes! Why are you entering into my pants?"
Author: Barry Hughart
5. "What do you do?' she asks, holding out the vest.'What do you do?''What do you do?' she asks, her voice shaking. 'Don't ask me, please. Okay, Clay?''Why not?'She sits on the mattress after I get up. Muriel screams.'Because... I don't know,' she sighs.I look at her and don't feel anything and walk out with my vest."
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
6. "At times I think I can hear my brain screaming, "I am reading here, so please, all other body parts, do your best to keep up!"
Author: Camron Wright
7. "Glass shattered, vampires roared, humans screamed. The noise battered at me, just as the tidal wave of scores of brains at high gear washed over me. When it began to taper off, I looked up into Eric's eyes. Incredibly, he was excited. He smiled at me. "I knew I'd get on top of you somehow," he said.Are you trying to make me mad so I'll forget how scared I am?"No, I'm just opportunistic."I wiggled, trying to get out from under him, and he said, "Oh, do that again. It felt great."
Author: Charlaine Harris
8. "They're not really homes. More like houses where we sleep.Where we eat—if we're lucky. Where we cry and fight.Where we bleed and break. Where we cower and scream.Where we give up. Where we sigh.Where we barely survive."
Author: Chelsea Fine
9. "And looking up at him right now, half of me doesn't even want to fight him. I don't know if I should scream for help or rip off my clothes."
Author: Colleen Hoover
10. "I will not make you a vampire," Mr. Crepsley insisted. "You must forget about it. Go home and get onwith your life.""No!" Steve screamed. "I won't forget!" He stumbled to his feet and pointed a shaking ringer at the tall,ugly vampire. "I'll get you for this," he promised. "I don't care how long it takes. One day, Vur Horston,I'll track you down and kill you for rejecting me!"Steve jumped from the stage and ran toward the exit. "One day!" he called back over his shoulder, and Icould hear him laughing as he ran, a crazy kind of laugh."
Author: Darren Shan
11. "The dark side is when you are with family and friends, and you have paparazzi screaming at you - that's been hard to deal with."
Author: Dev Patel
12. "Whether it's food or women, the ones on front street are supermodels. Big hair, big tits, big trouble, but the one you come home to is probably something like cavatelli and red sauce. She's not screaming for attention because she knows she's good enough even if your dumb ass hasn't figured it out yet."
Author: Eddie Huang
13. "Take a trip in my mindsee all that I've seen,and you'd be called abeast, not a human being...Fuck it, cause there'snot much I can do,there's no way out, myscreams have no voice nomatter how loud I shout...I could be called alow life, but life ain'tas low as me. I'm in juvenile hall headedfor the penitentiary. George Trevino, sixteen, "Who Am I?"
Author: Edward Humes
14. "When the little mouse, which was loved as none other was in the mouse-world, got into a trap one night and with a shrill scream forfeited its life for the sight of the bacon, all the mice in the district, in their holes were overcome by trembling and shaking; with eyes blinking uncontrollably they gazed at each other one by one, while their tails scraped the ground busily and senselessly. Then they came out, hesitantly, pushing one another, all drawn towards the scene of death. There it lay, the dear little mouse, its neck caught in the deadly iron, the little pink legs drawn up, and now stiff the feeble body that would so well have deserved a scrap of bacon.The parents stood beside it and eyed their child's remains."
Author: Franz Kafka
15. "Words are alive--when I've found a story that I love, I read it again and again, like playing a favorite song over and over. Reading isn't passive--I enter the story with the characters, breathe their air, feel their frustrations, scream at them to stop when they're about to do something stupid, cry with them, laugh with them. Reading for me, is spending time with a friend. A book is a friend. You can never have too many."
Author: Gary Paulsen
16. "He was a Lannister of Casterly Rock, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard; no sellsword would make him scream.Sunlight ran silver along the edge of the arakh as it came shivering down, almost too fast to see. And Jaime screamed."
Author: George R.R. Martin
17. "A man who finds himself among others is irritated because he does not know why he is not one of the others.In bed next to a girl he loves, he forgets that he does not know why he is himself instead of the body he touches.Without knowing it, he suffers from the mental darkness that keeps him from screaming that he himself is the girl who forgets his presence while shuddering in his arms."
Author: Georges Bataille
18. "Kill me then,' panted Harry, who felt no fear at all, but only rage and contempt. 'Kill me like you killed him, you coward-'DON'T-' screamed Snape, and his face was suddenly demented, inhuman, as though he was in as much pain as the yelping, howling dog stuck in the house behind them- 'CALL ME A COWARD!"
Author: J.K. Rowling
19. "Rosie flicks out her second knife and takes aim. It spins out of her hand like a star, straight at the Alpha's chest. But the Alpha knocks it away easily. He raises a clawed hand at my sister and I feel a scream erupting in my throat, recognizing the motion from seven years ago. The swing will take my sister's eye. I storm through the still-transforming Fenris, swinging my hatchet as if I'm hacking at tree limbs. Rosie's eyes widen in horror as the Alpha's claws being to descend. I grit my teeth and force my body forward, now ignoring the other wolves, desperate to reach her.A roaring scream, all human but as fierce as any Fenris howl, echoes through the parking lot. My head snaps to see its source: Silas is running toward Rosie, hunting knives in one hand, axe aloft in the other. His eyes burn brighter than any hellfire. He swings out just as the Alpha's claws are about to reach Rosie's face, knocking the monster out of the way."
Author: Jackson Pearce
20. "I got out of the tub and had to squelch a scream when I saw my reflection in the vanity mirror. My hair looked like it had taken 2000 volts and been spray starched"
Author: Janet Evanovich
21. "You could hear the wind in the leaves, and on that wind traveled the screams of the kids on the playground in the distance, little kids figuring out how to be alive, how to navigate a world that wasn't made for them by navigating a playground that was."
Author: John Green
22. "I'll tell ya one thing -- the jail house is jus' a kind a way a drivin' a guy slowly nuts. See? An' they go nuts, an' you see 'em an' hear 'em, an' pretty soon you don' know if you're nuts or not. When they get to screamin' in the night sometimes you think it's you doin' the screamin'--an' sometimes it is."
Author: John Steinbeck
23. "I whirled to see the snake springing up from the ferns and bouncing towards us, fast. This time we turned and ran. Every time I looked around, the snake was still there. I wanted to laugh and scream at the same time. The little creature was ridiculous. It was terrifying, and it was also gaining on us."
Author: Kenneth Oppel
24. "Dreaming was easier than screaming, and screaming was easier than worrying, and worrying was easier than crying, which was what she knew she would be reduced to if she didn't keep a hard eye on herself."
Author: Kevin Brockmeier
25. "[Roland] jerked back too fast to see, and his fist was suddenly connecting with my chin. I didn't pass out, but my body went limp. Part of me was screaming silently. The other part was saying, 'Oh, what pretty trees."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
26. "...ultimately, eventually, we let go. We do this not because we're ready. We do this not because we've mended. We do this not because we've mourned and come to terms and gotten over it and moved on. We never move on. We don't let go so much as lose our grip and fall because remembering is not enough..memory is imperfect. It is full of holes. It is more space than matter, like lace. It is at once sodden with sorrow and desiccated from lack of blood flow, the obvious result of a broken heart. It makes things up in hopeless attempts to comfort itself. It fills fissure with fantasy. It screws shut its eyes and balls up its fists and flings itself to the ground in a kicking, screaming, blind-rage temper tantrum against reality. But mostly,..memory keeps taking on more."
Author: Laurie Frankel
27. "I am happy the leaves are growing large so quickly. Soon they will hide the neighbor and her screaming child."
Author: Lydia Davis
28. "Quotes ain't all that useful. Fact is, there's more concise ways to express what you're feelin', like screams and moans."
Author: M.C. Humphreys
29. "Cooper had been at a scene once where a car had collided with an agent and pinned him against a metal barrier, shattering everything from the ribs down, severing both legs at midthigh. Massive physical damage, unsurvivable. What had haunted him most, though, was that the man was calm. He didn't scream, didn't seem to feel any pain. Some wounds were too enormous to feel."
Author: Marcus Sakey
30. "Remove your hands, brother!" Raistlin said in a flat, soft whisper. "I'll see you in the Abyss!" "I said remove your hands!" There was a flash of blue light, a crackle and sizzling sound, Caramon screamed in pain, loosening his hold as jarring, paralyzing shock surged through his body. "I warned you," Raistlin straightened his robes and resumed his seat. "By the gods, I will kill you this time!" Caramon said through clenched teeth, drawing his sword with trembling hand. "Then do so," Raistlin snapped, looking up from the spellbook he had reopened, "and get it over with. This constant threatening becomes boring!"
Author: Margaret Weis
31. "Possibly the only good to come out of these nightmares was that it brought Hans Hubermann, her new papa, into the room, to soothe her, to love her. He came every night and sat with her. The first couple of times, he simply stayed - a stranger to kill the aloneness. A few nights after that, he whispered, "Shhh, I'm here, it's all right." After three weeks he held her. Trust was accumulated quickly, due primarily to the brute strength of the man's gentleness, his thereness. The girl knew from the outset that Hans Hubermann would always appear midscream, and he would not leave. (36)"
Author: Markus Zusak
32. "Those are pretty. Did he leave you your dignity after he cut you up?""Asshole." Shelby didn't flinch. There was no pity in his voice, just the familiar shit talk. "You got a lot of room to talk. Looks like someone tried to cut your dick off but missed.""Good thing too or I wouldn't be able to make your mother scream every night."
Author: Mercy Celeste
33. "I'll dissolve when the rain pours in,When the nightmares take me,I will scream with the howling wind,'Cause it's a bitter world and I'd rather dream."
Author: Owl City
34. "And I put my hand on her arm to stop her rowing.Aaron's Noise roars up in red and black.The current takes us on."I'm sorry!" I cry as the river takes us away, my words ragged things torn from me, my chest pulled so tight I can't barely breathe. "I'm sorry, Manchee!""Todd?" he barks, confused and scared and watching me leave him behind. "Todd?""Manchee!" I scream.Aaron brings his free hand towards my dog."MANCHEE!""Todd?"And Aaron wrenches his arms and there's a CRACK and a scream and a cut-off yelp that tears my heart in two forever and forever.And the pain is too much it's too much it's too much and my hands are on my head and I'm rearing back and my mouth is open in a never-ending wordless wail of all the blackness that's inside of me."
Author: Patrick Ness
35. "His scream was more of a roar, pouring out of him in a great torrent. Screaming for his loss, venting his pain."
Author: Phillip W. Simpson
36. "Give us privacy," James told him, his voice sharp. The man beat a hasty retreat. James shut and locked the door behind him. Handy that, a lock. He started loosening his tie. When it was untied, he hooked a finger into the hoop at my neck. He pushed my back to the wall. Or rather, the door. He reached above my head and I looked up. There was a coat hanger above me, hooked over the top of the tall door. James was tying his tie to it with swift, sure motions. He pulled my arms up and together, wrapping the tie around them, tying more swift knots around my wrists. This took longer, and I watched those skillful hands with rapt attention. "This is going to get loud, Bianca. I'm going to fuck you so hard that you scream my name. And you are going to scream so loudly that nobody will doubt just why you're screaming. Would you like to tell me what you and Roger were talking about before I'm inside of you? Or will this be a mid-fuck confession?"
Author: R.K. Lilley
37. "The stores along Hollywood Boulevard were already beginning to fill up with overpriced Christmas junk, and the daily papers were beginning to scream about how terrible- it would be if you didn't get your Christmas shopping done early."
Author: Raymond Chandler
38. "Keeping love buried was a lot like jeeping anger pent up, I'd learned. It just ate you up insides until you wanted to scream or kick something."
Author: Richelle Mead
39. "I am a greaser," Sodapop chanted. "I am a JD and a hood. I blacken the name of our fair city. I beat up people. I rob gas stations. I am a menace to society. Man, do I have fun!" "Greaser...greaser...greaser..."Steve singsonged. "O, victim of enviornment, underprivelaged, rotton no-count hood!"Juvenile delinquent, you're no good!" Darry shouted.Get thee hence, white trash," Two-Bit said in asnobbish voice. "I am a Soc. I am the privelaged and the well-dressed. I throw beer blasts, drive fancy cars, break windows at fancy parties."And what do you do for fun?" I inquired in a serious, awed voice.I jump greasers!" Two-Bit screamed, and did a cartwheel."
Author: S.E. Hinton
40. "I suspect this is all gonna end in screaming and drowning"
Author: Scott Lynch
41. "An open Facebook page is simply a psychiatric dry erase board that screams, "Look at me. I am insecure. I need your reaction to what I am doing, but you're not cool enough to be my friend. Therefore, I will just pray you see this because the approval of God is not all I need."
Author: Shannon L. Alder
42. "The razor-edge bit into my skin as a warning and seconds later, a small, warm trickle of blood slithered all the way down between my breasts. I froze solid, unable to move, scream, or breathe; once again reminded of the glaring truth: becoming a vampire didn't mean there was nothing to fear..."
Author: Sharon Ricklin Jones
43. "Life is messy, Ren. It's not easy and it's definitely not for the timid. Everyone has a past. Things that stab them right between the eyes. Old grudges. Old shame. Regrets that steal your sleep and leave you awake until you fear for your own sanity. Betrayals that make your soul scream so loud you wonder why no one else hears it. In the end, we are all alone in that private hell. But life isn't about learning to forgive those who have hurt you or forgetting the past. It's about learning to forgive yourself for being human and making mistakes. Yes, people disappoint us all the time. But the harshest lessons come when we disappoint ourselves. When we put our trust and our hearts into the hands of the wrong person and they do us wrong. And while we may hate them for what they did, the one we hate most is ourself for allowing them into our private circle. How could I have been so stupid? How could I let them deceive me? We all go through that. It's humanity's brotherhood of misery."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "The concept of dreaming is known to the waking mind but to the dreamer there is no waking, no real world, no sanity; there is only the screaming bedlam of sleep."
Author: Stephen King
45. "My wife gets asked all the time, 'Ugh, how can you be married to that guy?' She's like, 'Hey, he's not yelling and screaming at me!'"
Author: Steve Wilkos
46. "I always hated it when TV reporters stuck a microphone in the faces of people who'd just lost a home or a loved one, wanting to know how they felt. They felt like shit. They hurt, and they didn't know how they were going to get through the night. They wanted to scream and cry and hit the guy with the microphone."
Author: Suzanne Johnson
47. "Let's face it: I'm scared, scared and frozen. First, I guess I'm afraid for myself... the old primitive urge for survival. It's getting so I live every moment with terrible intensity. It all flowed over me with a screaming ache of pain... remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I've taken for granted. When you feel that this may be good-bye, the last time, it hits you harder."
Author: Sylvia Plath
48. "I just drove past Brad Paisley jogging down the side of the road. I rolled down the window and screamed RUN FORREST RUN. I live for….. little moments…..like that."
Author: Taylor Swift
49. "The guitar filled with rain, rain softened the paper sacks, the sacks split and perfume spilled on the pavement, pearls rolled in the gutter: while the wind pushed and the cat scratched, the cat screamed -- but worse, I was frightened, a coward to equal Jose: those storming streets seemed aswarm with unseen presences waiting to trap, imprison me for aiding an outlaw."
Author: Truman Capote
50. "Here i go, scream my lungs out trying to get to you, you are my only one. I let go, because there's no one who gets me like you do. You are my only, my only one!"
Quotes About Scream Pictures