Famous Quotes About Seeing The Soul Through The Eyes
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Seeing The Soul Through The Eyes.
Top Quotes About Seeing The Soul Through The Eyes
1. "In fact, this is a world without future. In this world, time is a line that terminates at the present, both in reality and in the mind. In this world, no person can imagine the future. Imagining the future is no more possible than seeing colors beyond violet: the senses cannot conceive what may lie past the visible end of the spectrum. In a world without future, each parting of friends is death. In a world without future, each loneliness is final. In a world without future, each laugh is the last laugh. In a world without a future, beyond the present lies nothingness, and people cling to the present as if hanging from a cliff."
Author: Alan Lightman
2. "Shaquille and I kind of joke we were the Christopher Columbus of social media. We're kind of out on a boat by ourselves going through these uncharted waters. But it's become more understood, embraced and accepted, and now it's pretty much expected by fans for athletes, leagues and teams to be there."
Author: Amy Jo Martin
3. "He knows that there will be days ahead, long, tedious days which have no real beginning or ending, but which run together into night and out of it without changing color, or sound, or meaning. He will lie in his bed feeling the minutes and the hours pass through his body like an endless ribbon of pain because time becomes pain then. Light and darkness become pain; all his senses exist only to receive it, to transmit to his mind again and again, with ceaseless repetition, the simple fact that now he is dying."
Author: Beryl Markham
4. "I have a vision. In this vision, I see men not being distrustful of women and I see women not being distrustful of men. I see a world wherein people don't say, "I want to win, I want to control, I want to make him/her..." when talking about a potential lover. I see men believing in women and women believing in men, believing in each others' dreams and ambitions. And I have another vision. In this vision, I see women looking at other women with eyes of love and men looking at other men with eyes of acceptance. In these two visions, I see all people looking at all other people and remembering that we are all children on the inside. We all don't want to be hurt, we all don't want to be left behind and we all want to know where home is."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
5. "I do a one-hour workout called Drenched, a cardio-boxing fitness routine, Monday through Friday. There are usually between twenty-five and fifty people there - everyone from stay-at-home moms and professional martial artists to teenagers and seniors. They play great dance music. When I can, I take two classes back-to-back."
Author: Carrie Ann Inaba
6. "Those who have entirely lost the ability to see the transcendent reality that shows itself in all things, and who refuse to seek it out or even to believe the search a meaningful one, have confined themselves for now within an illusory world, and wander in a labyrinth of dreams. Those others, however, who are still able to see the truth that shines in and through and beyond the world of ordinary experience, and who know that nature is in its every aspect the gift of the supernatural, and who understand that God is that absolute reality in whom, in every moment, they live and move and have their being—they are awake."
Author: David Bentley Hart
7. "When it all come down to it, the thing that matters most in a relationship is principles [...] We have the same idea what's right and what's wrong, and that's got us through any number of things. If you can have that with someone, then you're most of the way toward love. Not just lover-love. Any kind of love."
Author: David Levithan
8. "...one thing has always been consistent: Everyone wakes up tired. In truth, most of us go through the day tired, as if all of the information swirling through the air, all of the thoughts battling within our mind, leave us in a state of perpetual exhaustion. I don't know if it was always like this, but I'm pretty sure it's more like this now."
Author: David Levithan
9. "I'll have mine [The Book-Lovers' Anthology] till the day I die - and die happy in the knowledge that I'm leaving it behind for someone else to love. I shall sprinkle pale pencil marks through it pointing out the best passages to some book-lover yet unborn."
Author: Helene Hanff
10. "I never listened to the Grateful Dead as a teen; the only exposure I got was what came through the walls when my sister was listening to them."
Author: J. K. Simmons
11. "I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race."
Author: James Joyce
12. "I curled into a ball underneath my thick comforter, and inhaled through my nose; Travis' scent still lingered on my skin.The bed felt cold and foreign, a sharp contrast to the warmth of Travis' mattress. I had spent thirty days in a cramped apartment with Eastern's most infamous tramp, and after all the bickering and late-night houseguests, it was the only place I wanted to be."
Author: Jamie McGuire
13. "And you're everything I don't want." Julie pushed away, breaking his embrace, and shook her head. "If you loved me, you couldn't have done this. You couldn't have been so careless with me. You know pain, and loss, and hurt better than anyone." She hated each word as it came out of her mouth. "And that's what you gave me. I know that it's not the same. I know yours is worse. I'm so sorry for you, Matt. For your whole family. You've all been through hell. And you've been braver than anyone could. But I hurt now, too. And I can't love you."
Author: Jessica Park
14. "In order to forgive, one must have lived through what I have lived through, and may God spare her that."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
15. "Into darkness will I fade,Into a night that Man has made,But through that gloom shall gleam the sunWhen I am lost, and again am won.Release! Release! I call to theeIn new lands across the sea:Let, another on narrow pathways, come to me.Furthest and Highest,yet not beyond reach.Choose thou well a path that will teachHow the sunken is raisedand emptiness is filledand a wandering heart can finally be stilled.Seek the great stone! Mark it well,with a sign.That the one who shall followShall see it is mine,and seeing, shall ponder and certainly knowAs the Ancients have writ: "As above, so below."And I shall guard the Source of Greatness;Waiting by a teardropFrom neither joy nor sorrow born,In silver bound, beneath the ground,I am the spiral horn."
Author: Michael Green
16. "Whatever thing the mind can imagine, the eyes can see, the hands will soon handle."
Author: Ogwo David Emenike
17. "A cad of the lowest order with a soul as black as his fingernails."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
18. "I mustered all my strength, drew back, and swung.The sword's blade hit the side of her neck, hard and deep. She gave a horrible, sickening cry, a shriek that made my skin crawl. She tried to move toward me. I pulled back and hit again. Her hands clutched at her throat, and her knees gave way. I struck and struck, the sword digging in deeper into her neck each time. Cutting off someone's head was harder than I thought it would be. The old, dull sword probably wasn't helping.But finally, I gained enough sense to realize she wasn't moving. Her head lay there, detached from her body, her dead eyes looking up at me as though she couldn't believe what had happened. That made two of us."
Author: Richelle Mead
19. "I smiled at the giant. "Actually, Cacus, I have another secret weapon."The giant's eyes lit up with greed. "Another weapon? I will steal it! I will copy it and sell the knockoffs for a profit! What is this secret weapon?""Her name is Annabeth," I said. "And she's one of a kind."
Author: Rick Riordan
20. "I wanted to crawl in between those black lines of print, the way you crawl through a fence, and go to sleep under that beautiful big green fig-tree."
Author: Sylvia Plath
Quotes About Seeing The Soul Through The Eyes Pictures