Famous Quotes About Seeing With New Eyes
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Seeing With New Eyes.
Top Quotes About Seeing With New Eyes
1. "Without much accuracy, with strangely little love at all, your family will decide for you exactly who you are, and they'll keep nudging, coaxing, poking you until you've changed into that very simple shape."
Author: Allan Gurganus
2. "The surface of the pond was green with fallen leaves. "How could you have been happy there? I know what you thought, but Valentine was a terrible father. He killed your pets, lied to you, and I know he hit you- don't even try to pretend he didn't."A flicker of a smile ghosted across Jace's face. "Only on alternate Thursdays."
Author: Cassandra Clare
3. "Mr. Fresh sat down on the stool behind the counter and stared into the eyes of the cardboard cutout of Cher, hoping to find answers there. But the bitch was holding out."
Author: Christopher Moore
4. "You're the one with almost an MBA," Barry, the short balding one, said to Lash."You should know what to do.""They don't cover what to do with a dead hooker," Lash countered. "That's a wholedifferent program. Political science, I think."
Author: Christopher Moore
5. "My head is in another dimension. My feet are talking to their soles. My nose is detecting a hint of sweaty, overpumped poon. There's a spider corpse perpetually hanging on the wall next to my pillow that I don't have any desire to correct. My breath smells like Kuwait. My arms are doing the Crazy Granny Dance, and my hips are just plain jealous. I was born across the pond from a heretic's womb, and fathered by an equally atrocious Sinatra-obsessed lion tamer. If these are all the symptoms of a world-famous record producer whose lover has just ditched him for a career in straight porn, then becometh I the sum of all homoerotic fears. Now fetch me more scotch and someone to make use of my erection, preferably with their mouth."---Wolfgang Stephanopolis"
Author: Dave Matthes
6. "Given the ease with which health infuses life with meaning and purpose, it is shocking how swiftly illness steals away those certainties…Time unused and only endured still vanishes, as if time itself is starving, and each day is swallowed whole, leaving no crumbs, no memory, no trace at all."
Author: Elisabeth Tova Bailey
7. "Mine," he whispered against my mouth. He kissed me again. "You are mine." In the shadows I stared into the eyes of a vampire, grazed his mouth with my finger. "No, you?re mine."
Author: Elle Jasper
8. "Luxury as beauty" has nothing to do with a particular place or an object's price tag. It is seeing with eyes for beauty. Once we cut the automatic but learned connection between buying stuff and pleasure, we can actively cultivate new connections - a sense of freedom as we shed draining habits and discover new pleasures in seeing and creating beauty all around us."
Author: Frances Moore Lappé
9. "Is it really true that the only good thing a Blackman can offer in a relationship with a white woman is thunderous sex?Of course, sex plays a vital healing role in every loving relationship. That is a fact of life. But, as we discover in the story of Glasgow Kiss, sex is not always the only thing that occupies a Blackman's mind. On the contrary, when a man is as passionate, dedicated, committed and determined as Mamadu is to fight and hold onto his true love, irrespective of the numerous challenges he faces, he is able show that it is far more important to pay attention to his heartbeat than the growing erection in his trousers!"
Author: Frank McChebe
10. "I tend to always carry a camera with me. I live next to a fire station, and I've got lots of photos of the hook and ladder coming out of the house. And I like food, so I tend to photograph wonderfully presented food all the time. To me those are very pleasant memories."
Author: Gordon Bell
11. "I am cool with people. I am not the one at the top of the water tower with the rifle at all. I am cool when they are cool. I am not a people person. I live alone and don't visit much with people. I do answer all the mail and meet anyone after the show though. I have no problem with this. These people took the time out to check me out, there's no way I am blowing that off or in any way disrespecting that. The Black Flag years were turbulent and it took a lot of work to be cool with people after that. I have never been one to go to clubs or events unless I am performing or on business. It's just not me."
Author: Henry Rollins
12. "Dr. DeMarco nodded, motioning toward Carmine. "I'm thankful for the Mazda— damn thankful you didn't return it scratched," he said, glaring at his father. "I'm thankful to be out of that ridiculous boarding school. Thankful for music and my gun... I fucking love my gun." Haven looked at him with surprise as Dr. DeMarco laughed. "It's a nice gun. I checked it out. A 1911 .45 ACP. Where'd you get it?"Carmine shrugged. "Maybe I don't recall." "Fair enough," Dr. DeMarco said. "Are you done?" "Uh, I'm thankful for you all, even if you get on my nerves sometimes," Carmine said. "Oh, and orgasms... definitely thankful for those." "That's enough," Dr. DeMarco said, shaking his head as he turned to her. "What are you thankful for, child?" She hesitated, her nerves running amuck. "Having food to eat. A bed to sleep in, too."
Author: J.M. Darhower
13. "Click. The door swung open."Three," James said with a slightly self-satisfied smile."Well done," Caroline said.He smiled back at her. "I've never met a woman or a lock that didn't love me."
Author: Julia Quinn
14. "That's when I saw you, really saw you for the first time. I didn't intend to look at you, it just happened. It was like those pictures, you know, those optical illusions. You can gaze at them forever and see only one thing. Then when you relax your eyes for just a moment, another picture magically appears. The funny thing with that kind of visual trick it that it's really hard to go back to seeing the original picture once you've seen the new one."
Author: Kimberly Sabatini
15. "The real art of discovery is not in finding new land, but in seeing with new eyes."
Author: Marcel Proust
16. "It was like a new kind of vision, seeing with eyes as keen as scalpel blades, that cut away desires and emotions and wishful thinking and left only what was fact."
Author: Marcus Sedgwick
17. "And this evening when I close my eyes against the darkness and think about her, I'll imagine iridescent wings fluttering, if only for a moment, against cloudless blue skies."
Author: Nancy Stephan
18. "With passion pray. With passion make love. With passion eat and drink and dance and play. Why look like a dead fish in this ocean of God?"
19. "[A]ngling or float fishing I can only compare to a stick and a string, with a worm at one end and a fool at the other."
Author: Samuel Johnson
20. "This was always the problem with my mother and me, I suddenly realized. There were so many things we thought we agreed on, but anythign can have two meanings. Like sides of a coin, it just matters how it falls."
Author: Sarah Dessen
21. "She set the coffee down beside him with a thud that made the liquid slosh over the rim and sat down a couple of stairs behind him.He reached for the cup and took a swallow without acknowledging her. She waited. Nothing."You're, uh, welcome," she prompted.He didn't speak. He didn't nod. Wow. Breathtaking. It took balls to be that rude."
Author: Shannon McKenna
22. "I used to be good friends with my depression, saying oh I'm so depressed, or life is terrible."
Author: Tony Curtis
23. "I once waited on Sean Connery. A long time ago. This was at the Caledonian Hotel in Edinburgh. They closed down the restaurant for him, and when he walked in with his morning paper, all the waitresses started squealing. He was a big guy, bigger than in the movies."
Author: Tony D'Souza
24. "A BIRTHDAY Something continues and I don't know what to call itthough the language is full of suggestionsin the way of languagebut they are all anonymousand it's almost your birthday music next to my bonesthese nights we hear the horses running in the rainit stops and the moon comes out and we are still herethe leaks in the roof go on dripping after the rain has passedsmell of ginger flowers slips through the dark housedown near the sea the slow heart of the beacon flashesthe long way to you is still tied to me but it brought me to youI keep wanting to give you what is already yoursit is the morning of the mornings togetherbreath of summer oh my found onethe sleep in the same current and each waking to youwhen I open my eyes you are what I wanted to see."
Author: W.S. Merwin
25. "I meet new Walt Whitmans everyday. There are a dozen of them afloat. I don't know which Walt Whitman I am."
Author: Walt Whitman
26. "And when she at last came out, her eyes were dry. Her parents stared up from their silent breakfast at her. They both started to rise but she put a hand out, stopped them. ‘I can care for myself, please,' and she set about getting some food. They watched her closely. In point of fact, she had never looked as well. She had entered her room as just an impossibly lovely girl. The woman who emerged was a trifle thinner, a great deal wiser, and an ocean sadder. This one understood the nature of pain, and beneath the glory of her features, there was character, and a sure knowledge of suffering. She was eighteen. She was the most beautiful woman in a hundred years. She didn't seem to care. ‘You're all right?' her mother asked. Buttercup sipped her cocoa. ‘Fine,' she said. ‘You're sure?' her father wondered. ‘Yes,' Buttercup replied. There was a very long pause. ‘But I must never love again.' She never did."
Author: William Goldman
Quotes About Seeing With New Eyes Pictures