Famous Quotes About Seeking Wisdom
Browse 9 famous quotes and sayings about Seeking Wisdom.
Top Quotes About Seeking Wisdom
1. "Almost I feel the pulsebeat of the ages, Now swift, now slow, beneath my fingertips.The heartthrobs of the prophets and the sagesBeat through these bindings; and my quick hand slipsOld books from dusty shelves, in eager seekingFor truths the flaming tongues of the ancients tell;For the words of wisdom that they still are speakingAs clearly as an echoing silver bell.Here is the melody that lies foreverAt the deep heart of living; here we keepThe accurate recorded discs that neverCan be quite silenced, though their makers sleepThe still deep sleep, so long as a seeker findsThe indelible imprint of their moving minds."
Author: Grace Noll Crowell
2. "Guilt is a manifestation of condemnation or aversion towards oneself, which does not understand the changing transformative quality of mind.'Seeking the Heart of Wisdom"
Author: Joseph Goldstein
3. "She pulled away to gaze into his eyes with a startling vulnerability, desperately seeking a harbor in the storm. In his eyes lay wisdom far beyond his years, shades of ocean waters traced within lakes of finely ground cobalt.""I am a Cowboy"
Author: Ken Alexopoulos
4. "It is through our communion with the Holy Spirit that we are able to apprehend the things that God has given us, through our union with Jesus Christ. If you haven't taken the time to invite Him in, I advise you to do so now . Begin by seeking God specifically concerning marriage. Ask Him to prepare and position you, so that when it is time, you will be found in the right place, doing the work of God. Believe in His willingness to guide you. Trust in His wisdom and power in bringing His promises to pass. Ask Him to 'speak on' concerning your mate and your future. You may be surprised at how eager He is to answer."
Author: L.E. Green
5. "The greatest Emotion is Love.The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.The greatest gift is your own Life.The greatest pleasure is CHOCOLATE!The greatest thing you'll ever learn is that there's always something new to learn.The greatest virtue is temperance.The greatest meditation is a peaceful mind.The greatest practice is to be Kind.education.The greatest challenge is to let go. The greatest wisdom is to be in the NOW"
6. "In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool."
Author: Philip Dormer Stanhope
7. "The brutes, which have only their bodies to conserve, are continually occupied in seeking sources of nourishment; but men, of whom the chief part is the mind, ought to make the search after wisdom their principal care, for wisdom is the true nourishment of the mind; and I feel assured, moreover, that there are very many who would not fail in the search, if they would but hope for success in it, and knew the degree of their capabilities for it."
Author: René Descartes
8. "Wolf is the Grand Teacher. Wolf is the sage, who after many winters upon the sacred path and seeking the ways of wisdom, returns to share new knowledge with the tribe. Wolf is both the radical and the traditional in the same breath. When the Wolf walks by you - you will remember."
Author: Robert Ghost Wolf
9. "When one tries to increase his knowledge by doing mental gymnastics over books without waiting upon God and looking to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, his soul is plainly in full swing. This will deplete his spiritual life. Because the fall of man was occasioned by seeking knowledge, God uses the foolishness of the cross to "destroy the wisdom of the wise."
Author: Watchman Nee
Quotes About Seeking Wisdom Pictures