Famous Quotes About Sense Of Humor
Browse 303 famous quotes and sayings about Sense Of Humor.
Top Quotes About Sense Of Humor
1. "Personally, I want to die in dignity but my passing celebrated jollity. I've told my executors that I want a stand up comedian in the pulpit telling amusing anecdotes, and the coffin to slide into the incinerator to the sound of Marlene Dietrich. If the booze up can begin right away, so much the better, and with a bit of luck the crematorium will never be gloomy again. Anyone mourning should be denounced as the representative of a credit card company and thrown out on their ear. Snowballs if in season (tomatoes if not) can be thrown at anyone uttering even worthy cliches like "the struggle goes on" and should anyone be prepared to dodge pieces of concrete confrontation.If I have miscalculated, as a worthy clerical friend assures me I have, and there really is a God, I'd like to feel if he's got any sense of humor or feeling for humanity there's nobody he would sooner have in heaven than people like me, and if he hasn't, who wants in?"
Author: Albert Meltzer
2. "The sense of humor has other things to do than to make itself conspicuous in the act of laughter."
Author: Alice Meynell
3. "I love poking fun at myself. I have a rather mean sense of humor."
Author: Alton Brown
4. "I like men who have goals, something that they are passionate about and work hard to achieve. A good sense of humor is important too. And I like tall guys!"
Author: Ana Ivanovic
5. "The lighthearted man takes his coffee black. The grave man uses creamer – he lacks the sense of humor to taste the coffee for what it is. The bitterness of coffee is its strength. It teaches us to endure the bitterness of life."
6. "What a strange world this would be if we all had the same sense of humor."
Author: Bernard Williams
7. "If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Author: Betty White
8. "CALVIN:Isn't it strange that evolution would give us a sense of humor?When you think about it, it's weird that we have a physiological response to absurdity. We laugh at nonsense. We like it. We think it's funny.Don't you think it's odd that we appreciate absurdity? Why would we develop that way? How does it benefit us?HOBBES:I suppose if we couldn't laugh at the things that don't make sense, we couldn't react to a lot of life."
Author: Bill Watterson
9. "Jazz can be so serious, no sense of humor."
Author: Chad Smith
10. "I think that sense of humor is important in marriage. A sense of humor gets people through marriage."
Author: Connie Britton
11. "I think it's a brilliant tool to have, not only to have a sense of humor, but to be able to use humor to help one navigate life, and I tend not to be that type of person. I wish I were."
Author: Delroy Lindo
12. "When you're in Hollywood, you get sort of jaded about what you think the sense of humor of Hollywood is supposed to be, so you can't think outside the box."
Author: Diedrich Bader
13. "I started out of course with Hemingway when I learned how to write. Until I realized Hemingway doesn't have a sense of humor. He never has anything funny in his stories."
Author: Elmore Leonard
14. "I like people with a good sense of humor, like Jennifer Aniston. She is amazing and is a great actress."
Author: Helio Castroneves
15. "The white man comes, pale as the dawn, with a load of thought, with a slumbering intelligence as a fire raked up, knowing well what he knows, not guessing but calculating; strong in community, yielding obedience to authority; of experienced race; of wonderful, wonderful common sense; dull but capable, slow but persevering, severe but just, of little humor but genuine; a laboring man, despising game and sport; building a house that endures, a framed house. He buys the Indian's moccasins and baskets, then buys his hunting-grounds, and at length forgets where he is buried and plows up his bones."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
16. "I have been a little embarrassed always. But less so the last time. It will all disappear. You have such a delicious sense of humor--I adore that in you. I want always to see you laughing. It belongs to you. I have been thinking of places we ought to go together--little obscure places, here and there, in Paris. Just to say--here I went with Anais--here we ate or danced or got drunk together. Ah, to see you really drunk sometime, that would be a treat! I am almost afraid to suggest it--but Anais, when I think of how you press against me, how eagerly you open your legs and how wet you are, God, it drives me mad to think what you would be like when everything falls away."
Author: Henry Miller
17. "The thing is, it's really hard to be roommates with people if your suitcases are much better than theirs--if yours are really good ones and theirs aren't. You think if they're intelligent and all, the other person, and have a good sense of humor, that they don't give a damn whose suitcases are better, but they do. They really do."
Author: J.D. Salinger
18. "The thing about For Better or Worse is the only thing that made me an okay director for that is that I have a sense of humor, and it was supposed to be funny."
Author: Jason Alexander
19. "If someone is genuine, compassionate and kind, that is a turn-on. A sense of humor is a huge turn on, and that goes hand in hand with intelligence."
Author: Jennifer Nettles
20. "I used to be neurotic. I didn't like myself very much. But somewhere in my mid-40s, my neuroses stopped seeming so important. I developed a sense of humor."
Author: Joanne Woodward
21. "I have wit in my work and a sense of humor, but I do not use irony in any way."
Author: John Zorn
22. "Rats have a sense of humor. Rats, in fact think the world is very funny. And they are right, dear reader. They are right."
Author: Kate DiCamillo
23. "I try to give all my characters a sense of humor, so I guess I feel like I have done comedy, but maybe I'm better known for drama."
Author: Kathy Baker
24. "Okay, sense of humor: plus one. Being able to laugh at yourself: plus one. Being able to laugh at other people without being mean: plus one. Vanity: minus one."
Author: Katie Aselton
25. "Men love it. They have a sense of humor, whereas a lot of women are threatened or just don't get it."
Author: Lara Flynn Boyle
26. "One doesn't have a sense of humor. It has you."
Author: Larry Gelbart
27. "I've had a very laughable career and what has seen me through is my sense of humor."
Author: Linda Gray
28. "Once you hold the hand of Death, the only thing in life that can scare you is a sense of humor."
Author: Lionel Suggs
29. "It's good to be able to laugh at yourself and the problems you face in life. Sense of humor can save you."
Author: Margaret Cho
30. "I think in my case, I had no choice but to have a good sense of humor. I grew up with my dad, Danny Thomas, and George Burns and Bob Hope and Milton Berle and Sid Caesar and all those guys were at our house all the time and telling jokes and making each other laugh."
Author: Marlo Thomas
31. "I am a candid interview and I have a dark and dry sense of humor - a very Canadian sense of humor and I am only learning now stupidly that you can't read tongue. When I say something funny in a newspaper and I meant it to be funny, it doesn't read that way."
Author: Michael Buble
32. "I love the Swedish people for their detective novels, their archipelago, their sense of humor, their carbonated vodka, and most especially, for their wonderful hospitality."
Author: Michael Levitt
33. "A sense of humor is a major defense against minor troubles."
Author: Mignon McLaughlin
34. "Ty:Damn, he's fine.Damn, he's a good quarterback.Damn, he's nice and sweet.Damn, he's a good kisser.Damn, he's buff.Damn, he's great to his family.Damn, now that I know about Henry,I'm not sure Ty and I are right for each other.Henry:I love the way his curls flop around and hang across his forehead.I love how he never just lets me win. I have to earn it.I love how he touches me just because.I love his loyalty.I love how when we sleep head-to-toe,he always finds a reason to sleep head-to-head instead.I love his unconditional support.I love his spontaneity and crazy sense of humor.I love his stupid dances.I love....him."
Author: Miranda Kenneally
35. "I need to end up with someone who is strong, intelligent, independent, someone I really admire - sensitive, sensuous, warm, a sense of humor."
Author: Pam Dawber
36. "It did not look like the work of God, but it might have represented the handicraft of a God with a joyous sense of humor, a dancing God who loved mischief as much as prayer, and playfulness as much as mischief."
Author: Pat Conroy
37. "Without a sense of humor, you don't have much sense at all."
38. "We grow up opposing our parents only to become like them enough to oppose our children who behave as we once did—a reminder of how dreadful we were toward those now vindicated grandparents. And you thought God had no sense of humor."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
39. "I wanted a boyfriend who was a Christian but who wasn't uptight about it, who was good-looking and intelligent and had an interesting job and a sense of humor, who said "fuck" when the situation warranted it, who had attempted to but been unable to finish St. Augustine's City of God, who could argue politics with my mother and talk business with my father, who liked Indian food and had nice friends and knew how to dress and would like someday to live abroad."
Author: Sarah Dunn
40. "But if you read Jane Austen, you know that she had a wicked sense of humor. Not only was she funny, but her early writing was very dark and had a gothic tone to it."
Author: Seth Grahame Smith
41. "He was through playing games. When it came to Soteria, he had no sense of humor whatsoever. Anyone who threatened her, ended their life. It was that simple."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
42. "Humor can make a serious difference. In the workplace, at home, in all areas of life – looking for a reason to laugh is necessary. A sense of humor helps us to get through the dull times, cope with the difficult times, enjoy the good times and manage the scary times."
Author: Steve Goodier
43. "I just think it's fortunate that Sir Isaac Newton didn't share the sense of humor of a member of the public, because had he done so, he would of been so amused by the simple effects of gravity, that he would of never gotten round making a comprehensive study of it's causes. That's the punchline! 'a comprehensive study of it's courses'! I worked for that! Will you be telling this joke at work? I don't think so!And yes, I am aware that I say this to you while hanging precariously of this art-deco balcony. And I do so deliberately in the hope that I will fall to my death, and that you will learn about the thin line between slap-stick and tragedy."
Author: Stewart Lee
44. "Has a sense of humor. (Preferably warped.) We know who we are"
Author: Susan Scott
45. "You can't make a person, a human being with a first kiss and a sense of humor and a favorite sandwich, and then expect her to dissolve back into scribbled notes and whiskeyed coffee when she no longer suits your purposes. I think I always knew she would come back to find me, someday."
Author: Tana French
46. "I think I'm too cynical for L.A. My sense of humor doesn't go down well here, which probably affects my love life. I need to have a laugh track following me around so people know I'm trying to be funny."
Author: Teddy Thompson
47. "She handed Lord Payne a steaming cup, and he took an immediate, reckless draught. A devilish smile curved her way. "Gunpowder tea? Well done, Miss Finch. I do enjoy a lady with a sense of humor."Now this one…he was a rake. It was written all over him, in his fine dress and flirtatious manner. He might as well have had the word embroidered on his waistcoat, between the gold-thread flourishes. She knew all about men of his sort. Half the young ladies in Spindle Cove were either fleeing them or pining for them."
Author: Tessa Dare
48. "Whatever you see you gotta keep a sense of humor; you gotta be able to smile through all the bullshit."
Author: Tupac Shakur
49. "Confidence is at the root of so many attractive qualities, a sense of humor, a sense of style, a willingness to be who you are no matter what anyone else might think or say and it's true, I do have a certain fondness for women that have dark hair."
Author: Wentworth Miller
50. "One thing my family has shown me is that having a sense of humor is everything."
Author: Zoey Deutch
Quotes About Sense Of Humor Pictures