Famous Quotes About September 11th
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about September 11th.
Top Quotes About September 11th
1. "The prompt assimilation of that intelligence will be essential if we are to avoid another September 11th."
Author: Adam Schiff
2. "The tragedy of September 11th was so sudden, so enormous, and so horrendous, both in terms of lives lost and global consequences, that this country and the world went into immediate and prolonged shock."
Author: Allen Klein
3. "Any attempts at humor immediately after September 11th were deemed tasteless."
Author: Allen Klein
4. "I am certain that I speak on behalf of my entire nation when I say: September 11th we are all Americans - in grief, as in defiance."
Author: Benjamin Netanyahu
5. "NEW RULE: 'Kidiots' Leave the children behind. At least until they learn something. A new study has shown that half of American high schools agree that newspapers should only be able to publish government-approved material. Almost one out of five said people should not be allowed to voice unpopular opinions..This is the first generation after September 11th, who discovered news during a 'watch what you say' administration...George W. Bush once asked, 'is our children learning.' No, they isn't. A better question would be, 'is our teacher's teaching?"
Author: Bill Maher
6. "This president has been reluctant to hold anybody accountable. No one was held accountable after September the 11th. Nobody's been held accountable after the clear flaws in intelligence leading up to the war in Iraq."
Author: Bob Graham
7. "In the aftermath of September 11th, it is critical to secure our borders."
Author: Bobby Jindal
8. "Legislation passed in the aftermath of September 11, 2001 enhanced our intelligence capabilities and strengthened our national defense, but until now our nation's immigration policies have not adapted to the needs of a post-September 11th world."
Author: Chris Chocola
9. "America has survived and grown stronger through September 11th and subsequent wars with Afghanistan and Iraq and those who seek to do us harm. We have faced - and met - tremendous challenges ramping up a public health and safety system to protect Americans from future threats."
Author: Christopher Bond
10. "And here we are, so different from who we were on September 10th. And also different from who we were on the 11th. And the 12th. And yesterday. Sometimes you see the before/after. And sometimes it's as soft as saying hello."
Author: David Levithan
11. "In remembering those who lost their lives in the London attacks and the September 11th attacks we continue our commitment to fighting for freedom, democracy and justice."
Author: Doc Hastings
12. "To win the war on terror, we must know who our friends are and where our enemies are hiding. We can't continue fighting terrorism using the same foreign policy blueprints that were in place before September 11th."
Author: Evan Bayh
13. "It is a very real concern and my view is that everything changed on September 11th and the procedure, the policies that were in place prior to September 11th no longer should apply."
Author: George Pataki
14. "After the horrific attacks of September 11th, it was evident that our Government needed to be transformed to meet the new challenges of this dangerous world."
Author: Jim Ryun
15. "The September 11th tragedy forced us all to look at the world in a different way, and it reminds us all of the importance of living every moment."
Author: Joanne Woodward
16. "As the third anniversary of the September 11th attacks draws near we must ensure our nation is prepared to handle the continued threat of violence and terrorism on our country."
Author: Leonard Boswell
17. "Jerry Falwell said that the reason that September 11th happened, the reason that God allowed it to happen, was because of certain people in our country. People like, and I'm quoting, 'the pagans,' which is a motorcycle group. Feminists; he brought up feminists. [...] And I couldn't believe it, he said that God had actually talked to him and said, these were the people. That was the reason. It was those people, and that was the reason God allowed this to happen. And I thought, 'That's odd.' Because God had called me twelve hours before, and He said the reason He was upset was because of people like Jerry Falwell."
Author: Lewis Black
18. "Both the Obama and Romney campaigns said they pulled all their political ads today in observance of the September 11th anniversary. But politics wasn't very far offstage. The Obama campaign sees foreign policy as an advantage this year."
Author: Mara Liasson
19. "Last week, the House of Representatives passed a resolution honoring the victims and heroes of September 11th. As we commemorate the anniversary of 9-11, we must also remember that the threat is still very real today."
Author: Michael McCaul
20. "During our visit, we noticed she was mixing up words. She started referring to Muslims as Mormons. After 9/11, she told Jon and me how it was important for America to stop the radical Mormons because they had perpetrated the attacks on the Twin Towers.There was no way we could convince her of the difference. We'd just smile and not. "That's right, Grandma, all the Mormons got together on September 11th and ran their bicycles into the Twin Towers!"
Author: Mollie Gross
21. "The killing of Americans and their civilian and military allies is a religious duty for each and every Muslim... We--with God's help--call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill Americans and plunder their money whenever and wherever they find it.[The September 11th attack] gave a harsh lesson to these arrogant peoples, for whom freedom is but for the white race... God willing, America's end is near.(bin Laden's appeal to Muslims in a video tape from fall 2001)"
Author: Osama Bin Laden
22. "Many of us saw religion as harmless nonsense. Beliefs might lack all supporting evidence but, we thought, if people needed a crutch for consolation, where's the harm? September 11th changed all that."
Author: Richard Dawkins
23. "What happened on September 11th is at least, theoretically, small stuff compared to what can happen."
Author: Robert D. Kaplan
24. "Even though I was concentrating on that two-week period from September 11th to September 20th, I was seeing the policy for real, happening, that we were talking about in the film."
Author: Timothy Bottoms
25. "We must never allow September 11th to become a time for protest and division. Instead, this day must remain a time for promoting peace and mutual respect."
Author: Timothy Dolan
26. "September 11th was a moment when America had the sympathy of the world."
Author: Tom Ford
27. "Initially, the horrific images of September 11th triggered an enormous wave of solidarity."
Author: Ulrich Beck
28. "For twenty years, Islamic Jihadists have been attacking American interests around the world and we did not take them seriously until September 11th, 2001."
Author: Zach Wamp
Quotes About September 11th Pictures