Famous Quotes About Seuss
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Seuss.
Top Quotes About Seuss
1. "Dr. Seuss provided "ingenious and uniquely witty solutions to the standing problem of the juvenile fantasy writer: how to find, not another Alice, but another rabbit hole."
Author: Clifton Fadiman
2. "This was like no library I had ever seen because, well, there were no books. Actually, I take that back. There was one book, but it was the lobby of the building, encased in a heavy glass box like a museum exhibit. I figured this was a book that was here to remind people of the past and the way things used to be. As I walked over to it, I wondered what would be one book chosen to take this place of honor. Was it a dictionary? A Bible? Maybe the complete works of Shakespeare or some famous poet. "Green Eggs and Ham?" Gunny said with surprise. "What kind of doctor writes about green eggs and ham?""Dr. Seuss," I answered with a big smile on my face. "It's my favorite book of all time."Patrick joined us and said, "We took a vote. It was pretty much everybody's favorite. Landslide victory. I'm partial to Horton Hears A Who, but this is okay too."The people of Third Earth still had a sense of humor."
Author: D.J. MacHale
3. "So you're the little smart ass from Poleglass."I wanted to point out he sounded like Dr. Seuss but bit my lip and remembered the warning the old lady gave me."
Author: David Louden
4. "The bluff on which Natchez sat was huge, and the road zigged and zagged and curled and twisted and dropped— like something Dr. Seuss might have imagined in a book titled The Cat in the Hat Drinks Blood."
Author: Faith Hunter
5. "Ultimately, so much Dr. Seuss is about empowerment. He invites us to disappear into our imagination and then blows the doors off what that can mean."
Author: Gary Ross
6. "'Oh, the Places You'll Go!,' by Dr. Seuss, is still one of my favorite books ever."
Author: Hilary Swank
7. "Mooo," she said... "I mean mmmm," she moaned. Louder this time. Goddamn Dr. Seuss is ruining my sex life."
Author: Jennifer Weiner
8. "I always imagine that if I met Dr. Seuss, he would be very similar to Crispin Glover."
Author: Jim Gaffigan
9. "We began reading books together. He loved Dr. Seuss. I read those books so often I could turn the pages and say the words from memory. I became bored with repetition, and I began to make subtle alterations. The story turned into:One fishTwo fishBlack fishBlue fishI eat you fishAnd:See them allSee them runThe man in backHe has a gun"
Author: John Elder Robison
10. "I always loved strange stories like the Dr. Seuss stuff. 'Go, Dog. Go!' was one of my favorite stories - it still is. It's just such a bizarre yet true book. And I did well reading and writing as a kid throughout school. I think early on that's what made me realize what an advantage that is."
Author: Jon Scieszka
11. "I like to tell kids that I started thinking about stories when I first started reading stuff like Dr. Seuss and 'Go, Dog. Go!,' thinking, 'Oh yeah, that's funny. I'd like to do that.' And then writing throughout school, but at the same time I was studying pre-med stuff, because my mom told me I should be a doctor."
Author: Jon Scieszka
12. "I sounded like Horton the Elephant. "A person is a person no matter how small." What the hell was I doing standing in the middle of a cave, in the dark, surrounded by wererats, quoting Dr. Seuss, and trying to kill a one-thousand-year-old vampire?"
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
13. "Nerd herd, focus. You're here to help the fledglings. Dour One and Dour Two aren't important," said Aphrodite."Dr. Seuss reference. I like it," Stark said, giving me a check-me-out-I've-always-read-books hottie grin.Aphrodite frowned at him."I said focus, not flirt."
Author: P.C. Cast
14. "Baby, you keep doing that and we are going to need Giana to get her ass in here to take care of baby girl." He palmed my ass."Giana is already here." She knocked on the counter behind us."Thank you, Jesus!" Though, Chris pronounced it Hey-Seuss.Bending, he lifted me onto his shoulder and took long strides to the staircase."
Author: Sadie Grubor
15. "I would read the Shel Silverstein poems, Dr. Seuss, and I noticed early on that poetry was something that just stuck in my head and I was replaying those rhymes and try to think of my own. In English, the only thing I wanted to do was poetry and all the other kids were like, "Oh, man. We have to write poems again?" and I would have a three-page long poem. I won a national poetry contest when I was in fourth grade for a poem called "Monster In My Closet."
Author: Taylor Swift
16. "Had Dr. Seuss been a slightly insane pornographer, he might have written a book like this.--reviewing Nicholson Baker's House of Holes"
Author: Tom Bissell
Quotes About Seuss Pictures