Famous Quotes About Shaking
Browse 486 famous quotes and sayings about Shaking.
Top Quotes About Shaking
1. "Most people in politics draw energy from backslapping and shaking hands and all that. I draw energy from discussing ideas."
Author: Al Gore
2. "Knowing that you love me is not a source of amusement." Sebastian realized that his hands were shaking with the force of the emotion that was pouring through him. "It is my salvation"
Author: Amanda Quick
3. "Stop a minute, right where you are. Relax your shoulders, shake your head and spine like a dog shaking off cold water. Tell that imperious voice in your head to be still."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
4. "What do you do?' she asks, holding out the vest.'What do you do?''What do you do?' she asks, her voice shaking. 'Don't ask me, please. Okay, Clay?''Why not?'She sits on the mattress after I get up. Muriel screams.'Because... I don't know,' she sighs.I look at her and don't feel anything and walk out with my vest."
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
5. "Mom?'' ''Its your first bank heist, son. I couldnt sit at home and worry. I had to come and help''''But ... but... How did you get here? How did you know''''A mother knows these things, Jimmy. You put your favorite ski mask in the wash. And I heard you talking to Mikey'' ''Mom! Dont use our real names!'' hissed JimmyBrenda had to look away. Her body was shaking with silent laughter. She had to cover her mouth with a hand. 'You put your favourite ski mask in the wash'. Brian had excelled himself"
Author: Chris Dolley
6. "She says, "I'll swear by the rose tattooed on my ass, that old man raped me."Here, the funeral parade stops. At this point, Comrade Snarky is a victim among victims. The rest of us — just her supporting cast.Mrs. Clark, leading us, she looks back and says, "He what?"And from behind his camera, Agent Tattletale says, "Me, too. He raped me first."Saint Gut-Free says, "Well what the hell...He poked me, too."As if poor skinny Saint Gut-Free had enough ass left to poke.And Mrs. Clark says, "This is not funny. Not in the least.""Tough," the Matchmaker tells her. "It's wasn't funny, either, when you raped me."Shaking his ponytail, the Duke of Vandals tells the Matchmaker, "You couldn't pay to get raped."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
7. "I was reading an old text on the exploits of Belgarath the Sorcerer, and I –" Senji stopped, going very pale, turned, and gaped at Garion's grandfather."It's a terrible letdown, isn't it?" Beldin said. "We always told him he ought to try to look more impressive.""You're in no position to talk," the old man said."You're the one with the earthshaking reputation." Beldin shrugged. "I'm just a flunky. I'm along for comic relief." "You're really enjoying this, aren't you, Beldin?""I haven't had so much fun in years. Wait until I tell Pol.""You keep your mouth shut, you hear me?""Yes, O mighty Belgarath," Beldin said mockingly."
Author: David Eddings
8. "Skulduggery.""Fletcher."Fletcher stuck out his hand. Skulduggery observed it for a moment."I'm sorry, what are we doing now?""Shaking hands," Fletcher said. "Like adults. I just want you to know that this past year has changed me. I've grown, as a person. I'm not the same Fletcher you used to know."You look a lot like him.""Well, yeah, but-""And you have the same ridiculous hair.""Can we just shake hands?""Of course we can," Skulduggery said, and they shook. "Now what?""I, uh...I don't really know. What do adults usually do after they shake hands?""Generally, the first thing they do is let go.""Oh, right," Fletcher said, and Skulduggery took his hand back. "So, Skulduggery, how have you been? You're looking well. That's a really nice tie."It's blue.""And such a nice shade."Skulduggery looked at Valkyrie. "You promised me he wouldn't be annoying."
Author: Derek Landy
9. "You're shaking … so am I. It's because of Jerusalem, isn't it? One doesn't go to Jerusalem, one returns to it. That's one of its mysteries."
Author: Elie Wiesel
10. "She has no idea who I am, not really. She's just someone who's noticed me because the video and she'll forget what she's said before the day is over. Me? Not so much, but I go on, my legs shaking and a mix of anger and despair burning inside me."
Author: Elizabeth Scott
11. "When the little mouse, which was loved as none other was in the mouse-world, got into a trap one night and with a shrill scream forfeited its life for the sight of the bacon, all the mice in the district, in their holes were overcome by trembling and shaking; with eyes blinking uncontrollably they gazed at each other one by one, while their tails scraped the ground busily and senselessly. Then they came out, hesitantly, pushing one another, all drawn towards the scene of death. There it lay, the dear little mouse, its neck caught in the deadly iron, the little pink legs drawn up, and now stiff the feeble body that would so well have deserved a scrap of bacon.The parents stood beside it and eyed their child's remains."
Author: Franz Kafka
12. "Look at the rain long enough, with no thoughts in your head, and you gradually feel your body falling loose, shaking free of the world of reality. Rain has the power to hypnotize."
Author: Haruki Murakami
13. "Not my finest hour," he says, shaking his head."You realize you did it for no reason," I say. I tell him about talking to my dad and explain that I was crying because of that."That information would have been useful BEFORE I shoved him in the pool."
Author: Heather Hepler
14. "The hands of those I meet are dumbly eloquent to me. The touch of some hands is an impertinence. I have met people so empty of joy, that when I clasped their frosty finger-tips, it seemed as if I were shaking hands with a northeast storm. Others there are whose hands have sunbeams in them, so that their grasp warms my heart. It may be only the clinging touch of a child's hand; but there is as much potential sunshine in it for me as there is in a loving glance for others. A hearty handshake or a friendly letter gives me genuine pleasure."
Author: Helen Keller
15. "The childish and savage taste of men and women for new patterns keeps how many shaking and squinting through kaleidoscopes that they may discover the particular figure which this generation requires to-day. The manufacturers have learned that this taste is merely whimsical. Of two patterns which differ only by a few threads more or less of a particular color, the one will be sold readily, the other lie on the shelf, though it frequently happens that after the lapse of a season the latter becomes the most fashionable. Comparatively, tattooing is not the hideous custom which it is called. It is not barbarous merely because the printing is skin-deep and unalterable."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
16. "YOU CHEATING SCUM!" Lee Jordan was howling into the megaphone, dancing out of Professor McGonagall's reach. "YOU FILTHY, CHEATING B —" Professor McGonagall didn't even bother to tell him off. She was actually shaking her finger in Malfoy's direction, her hat had fallen off, and she too was shouting furiously."
Author: J.K. Rowling
17. "Harry — I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!"And she sprinted away, up the stairs."What does she understand?" said Harry distractedly, still looking around, trying to tell where the voice had come from."Loads more than I do," said Ron, shaking his head."But why's she got to go to the library?""Because that's what Hermione does," said Ron, shrugging. "When in doubt, go to the library."
Author: J.K. Rowling
18. "I… What are you saying, Zsadist?" she stammered, even though she'd heard every word.He glanced back down at the pencil in his hand and then turned to the table. Flipping the spiral notebook to a new page, he bent way over and labored on top of the paper for quite a while. Then he ripped the sheet free.His hand was shaking as he held it out. "It's messy."Bella took the paper. In a child's uneven block letters there were three words: I LOVE YOUHer lips flattened tight as her eyes stung. The handwriting got wavy and then disappeared. "Maybe you can't read it," he said in a small voice. "I can do it over." She shook her head. "I can read it just fine. It's… beautiful.""I don't expect anything back. I mean… I know that you don't… feel that for me anymore. But I wanted you to know. It's important that you knew."
Author: J.R. Ward
19. "I sleep during the day. I still dream about drinking and drugs. Sometimes I wake to a hang-over, sometimes I wake to a trickle of blood from my nose, sometimes I wake scared and shaking. I read, go to museums and visit Lilly in the afternoon. Sometimes I read to her, sometimes I talk to her, sometimes I just sit and remember the times, remember the times, remember the times." (James Frey, pg.119)"
Author: James Frey
20. "We walk – or shuffled along – about a yard and then I walked straight into a mailbox. I grunted. "Son of a bitch jumped right out in front of me!"Kyler stopped, shaking his head. "You are a hazard to yourself right now.""I'm fine." I waved him off, edging around the tricky inanimate object as I shot it a dark look. "I'm watching you."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
21. "Poor Persephone." He stared down his nose at the god. "That must be hard on her if that's what gets you off."I wrinkled my nose."If her name drips from your forked tongue one more time, I will rip it out," Hades promised, voice deadly low.Was his tongue really forked?His lips curled up on one side. "What? You don't like me talking about your wife?" He looked over at the three of us. "Is abduction as a means of marriage still all the rage these days?"Seth arched a brow."Uh… no," I said, shaking my head. "It's really frowned upon."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
22. "I had Sophie in my arms when Eric came in. He went straight to Delia and kissed her on the mouth, then bent his forehead against hers for a moment, as if whatever he was thinking my be transferred by osmosis. Then Eric turned, his eyes locking on his daughter. "You can hold her," Delia prompted. But Eric didn't make any move to take Sophie from me. I took a step toward him, and saw what Delia must have overlooked--Eric's hands were shaking so hard that he had buried him in his coat pockets.I pushed the baby against his chest, so that he'd have no choice but to grab hold. "It's okay," I said under my breath-To Eric? To Sophie? To myself?-and as I transferred this tiny prize to Eric's arms, I held long longer than I had to. I made damn sure he was steady, before I let go."
Author: Jodi Picoult
23. "The same teen who can't legally operate a four-wheeler, or [ATV]...in a farm lane workplace environment can operate a jacked-up F-250 pickup on a crowded urban expressway. By denying these [farm work] opportunities to bring value to their own lives and the community around them, we've relegated our young adults to teenage foolishness. Then as a culture we walk around shaking our heads in bewilderment at these young people with retarded maturity. Never in life do people have as much energy as in their teens, and to criminalize leveraging it is certainly one of our nation's greatest resource blunders."
Author: Joel Salatin
24. "If time and fear aren't enough to dissuade people from their revenge, then there's always authority, softly shaking its head and saying, 'We understand, but you're the better man for letting it go. For rising above it. For not sinking to their level. And besides,' says authority, 'if you try anything stupid, we'll lock you up in a little room.'"
Author: Jonathan Nolan
25. "Is that how tall you are without those ridiculous shoes?' he said derisively. I think I was born bigger than that.''I bet you were. Five feet of fat head and two inches of a**,' Claire muttered, standing up.'Claire!' Helen blurted out, shocked. Lucas's shoulders were shaking with laughter. Jason pretended to take the joke OK, but Helen suspected his feelings were hurt."
Author: Josephine Angelini
26. "If I ever think you are even considering leaving me again, no matter how good you reasons, I'll have you locked in your rooms and the doors barricaded, so help me God." He lifted her foot and began to dry it.Her voice shaking, Whitney asked, "Will you stay locked in there with me?"He raised her dainty foot to his jaw and tenderly laid his cheek against it, then turned his head and kissed it. "Yes," he whispered.-Clayton Westmoreland"
Author: Judith McNaught
27. "Mum had a Charles-and-Diana wedding mug that had survived longer than the marriage itself. Mum had worshipped Princess Di and frequently lamented her passing. "Gone," she would say, shaking her head in disbelief. "Just like that. All that exercise for nothing." Diana-worship was the nearest thing Mum had to a religion."
Author: Kate Atkinson
28. "Got it all scheduled," he noted."Yes," I returned. "What's a huge-ass wedding?""Don't ask that," I advised. "Just show up."His grin turned wicked and I liked it. That was, I liked it until he enquired, "You askin' me to marry you, Red?"I wasn't even sipping coffee and, still, I chocked. Then I pushed out, "What?""I accept."I shook my head and kept shaking it when I requested clarification, "Let me get this straight. Did you just accept my non-marriage offer?""Non-marriage?""I didn't ask!" My voice was rising. "So you just wanna shack up?" he asked but didn't wait on my answer. "I'm good with that too."Gah!"I'm getting my huge-ass wedding," I declared."So you are askin' me to marry you," he noted. Gah! Gah! Gah!!Sharp as a tack.Someone kill me."
Author: Kristen Ashley
29. "Oh, trust me, sugar, having your tight, naked ass cradled against my dick was damn alluring." He steps closer to me and tips my chin up with his fingers. "But I wouldn't take advantage of you when you don't have your wits about you. When I take you, you'll know exactly what we're doing, what you're feeling, and I won't stop until your legs are shaking and the neighbors know my name."Holy fucking hell."
Author: Kristen Proby
30. "But Thierry was shaking his head. "It doesn't matter." His voice was still quiet, but it was filled with the authority of absolute conviction, a kind of bedrock certainty that held even Hannah mesmerized."
Author: L.J. Smith
31. "Grace. I held on to that name. If I kept that in my head, I would be OK.Grace.I was shaking, shaking; my skin peeling away.Grace.My bones squeezed, pinched, pressed against my muscles.Grace.Her eyes held me even after I stopped feeling her fingers gripping my arms.Sam," she said. "Don't go."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
32. "Finally, Cinder gulped. "I'm sorry I had to --" She gestured at the unconscious wedding coordinator, then waved her hand like shaking it off. "But she'll be fine, I swear. Maybe a little nauseous when she comes to, but otherwise...And your android...Nainsi, right? I had to disable her. And her backup processor. But any mechanic can return her to defaults in about six seconds, so..." She rubbed anxiously at her wrist. "Oh, and we ran into your captain of the guard in the hallway, and a few other guards, and I may have scared him and he's, um, unconscious. Also. But, really, they'll all be fine. I swear." Her lips twitched into a brief, nervous smile. "Um...hello, again. By the way."
Author: Marissa Meyer
33. "I mean, by such flightiness, something that feels unsatisfied at the center of my life — that makes me shaky, fickle, inquisitive, and hungry. I could call it a longing for home and not be far wrong. Or I could call it a longing for whatever supersedes, if it cannot pass through, understanding. Other words that come to mind: faith, grace, rest. In my outward appearance and life habits I hardly change — there's never been a day that my friends haven't been able to say, and at a distance, "There's Oliver, still standing around in the weeds. There she is, still scribbling in her notebook." But, at the center: I am shaking; I am flashing like tinsel. Restless. I read about ideas. Yet I let them remain ideas. I read about the poet who threw his books away, the better to come to a spiritual completion. Yet I keep my books. I flutter; I am attentive, maybe I even rise a little, balancing; then I fall back."
Author: Mary Oliver
34. "He knows no other way but ugliness," Sir Topher said quietly. "He was taught no other lessons but those of force. His teachers have been scum who live by their own rules. No one has ever taught him otherwise.""Am I to forgive?" she said, her voice shaking with anger."No," he said sadly. "Pity him. Or give him new rules. Or put him down like a wild animal before he becomes a monster who destroys everything he encounters."
Author: Melina Marchetta
35. "So apart from writing letters home to your fantasy girlfriends,"Ben says, walking backwards, "what do you guys do out here without television and phones?""Men's business. Bit confidential," Griggs says patronisingly."Wow, wish I were you," Ben says, shaking his head with mock regret. "All I'll be doing tonight is hanging out in Taylor's bedroom, lying on her bed, sharing my earphones with her, hoping she won't hog all the room because it's such a tiny space."
Author: Melina Marchetta
36. "Kingsley smiled his Cheshire smile. And without a word, he called up the white darkness—the subvertio—a spell that unlocked what could not be unlocked, that destroyed what could not be destroyed. There was a rumbling, a shaking, like the strongest earthquake, and the iron gate crumbled, and the path began to melt. the demon shrieked, but Kingsley just looked at Mimi the entire time."Azrael..."
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
37. "Part of you is the wind," he murmured. "Oui, that is true. But even the wind sometimes rests."Shaking her head, she slid her hand around the back of his neck, soaking in the intrinsically male heat of his skin. "Then consider me an endless storm."
Author: Nalini Singh
38. "I'm going to be shaking my booty when I'm 55."
Author: Natalie Merchant
39. "Good-bye, Mrs Bartholemew," said tom, shaking hands with stiff politeness; "and thank you very much for having me.""I shall look forward to our meeting again," said Mrs Bartholemew, equally primly. Tom went slowly down the attic stairs. Then, at the bottom, he hesitated: he turned impulsively and ran up again - two at a time - to where Hatty Bartholemew still stood...Afterwards, Aunt Gwen tried to describe to her husband that second parting between them. "He ran up to her, and they hugged each other as if they had known each other for years and years, instead of only having met for the first time this morning. There was something else, too, Alan, although I know you'll say it sounds even more absurd...Of course, Mrs Bartholemew's such a shrunken little old woman, she's hardly bigger than Tom; anyway: but, you know, he put his arms right round her and he hugged her good-bye as if she were a little girl."
Author: Philippa Pearce
40. "You're broke, eh?"I been shaking two nickels together for a month, trying to get them to mate."
Author: Raymond Chandler
41. "You are bruised.''Am I? I hadn't noticed.''Lucrezia says you killed the bastard.'... Cesare's hands were shaking. Hard, sun-darkened hands made to hold a sword or lance unflinchingly, but they trembled against my pale skin."
Author: Sara Poole
42. "Blue was standing over her, shaking out his wet hair like an annoying blue dog. Beads of water clung to the muscle of his chest. He was wiry, not buff like Henley, but his body made up for size with definition. Nothing could make up for his personality. "Stop dripping on me," Mira snapped."
Author: Sarah Cross
43. "Which is completely out-of-line behavior. Then you are wholly within your rights to stomp on their foot." "No," Delia said, over her shoulder. "Actually, you're not. Just excuse yourself as politely as possible, and get out of arm's reach." Kristy looked at me, shaking her head. "Stomp them." she said, under her breath. "Really"
Author: Sarah Dessen
44. "He rrraped herrr," the beast within him shrieked from deep in his gut, shaking everything but my resolve.Pietr stepped back, putting his hands up. "Tear him apart," he agreed."Shit, Pietr!" I snapped. "It's murder!""Justifiable homicide," Pietr returned."
Author: Shannon Delany
45. "Certain situations need a Jedi-like approach. One of these is when you are in a strange environment, usually where you feel unsure of yourself. You would be surprised how, if you walk with confidence and meaning, people will see this as a mark of confidence, yet you are perhaps shaking inside but outwardly you have the gait of a confident Jedi Knight."
Author: Stephen Richards
46. "Afraid of a needle." he muttered to himself under his breath, shaking his head. "Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs off to meet him. An IV, on the other hand..." -- Edward Cullen"
Author: Stephenie Meyer
47. "He felt around desperately for a weapon. What did he have? Diapers? Cookies? Oh, why hadn't they given him a sword? He was the stupid warrior, wasn't he? His fingers dug in the leather bag and closed around the root beer can. Root beer! He yanked out the can shaking it with all his might. "Attack! Attack!" he yelled."
Author: Suzanne Collins
48. "Attention, Sector 45," I say, the words rough and loud and mottled in my ear. "The supreme commander of The Reestablishment is dead. The capital has surrendered. The war is over." I'm shaking so hard now, my finger slipping on the button as I try to hold it down. "I repeat, the supreme commander of The Reestablishment is dead. The capital has surrendered. The war is over."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
49. "The summer came to life. It burst from gray to fierce blue and gold in the blink of an eye; the air pealed with grasshoppers and lawnmowers, swirled with branches and bees and dandelion seeds, it was soft and sweet as whipped cream, and over the wall the wood was calling us in the loudest of silent voices, it was shaking out all its best treasures to welcome us home. Summer tossed out a fountain of ivy tendrils, caught us straight under the breastbones and tugged; summer, redeemed and unfurling in front of us, a million years long."
Author: Tana French
50. "Sound doesn't carry as well through gills. You have to use a different level of your vocal chords." I point to the spot just above his Adam's apple. "Higher."He just stares at me, looking confused——but breathing like he was born to it."Pretend you're talking like a girl."No way, he mouths, shaking his head.Stupid male ego."
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Quotes About Shaking Pictures