Famous Quotes About Shine
Browse 1528 famous quotes and sayings about Shine.
Top Quotes About Shine
1. "[Baseball] breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall all alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops."
Author: A. Bartlett Giamatti
2. "Westward on the high-hilled plainsWhere for me the world began, Still, I think, in newer veinsFrets the changeless blood of man....There, when hueless is the westAnd the darkness hushes wide,Where the lad lies down to restStands the troubled dream beside.There, on thoughts that once were mine,Day looks down the eastern steep,And the youth at morning shineMakes the vow he will not keep."
Author: A.E. Housman
3. "Therefore i live for today-certain of finding at sunriseguidance and strength for the way.power for each moment of weakness,hope for each moment of pain,comfort for every sorrow,sunshine and joy after rain!"
Author: Billy Graham
4. "Arizona is gorgeous. The sunshine in Arizona is gorgeous red."
Author: Cecilia Bartoli
5. "Hope itself is like a star- not to be seen in the sunshine of prosperity, and only to be discovered in the night of adversity."
Author: Charles H. Spurgeon
6. "You can be as happy as you've ever been in your life, and shit is still going to happen. But it doesn't just happen. It knocks you sideways and crashes you into the ground, because you were stupid enough to believe in sunshine and roses."
Author: Chevy Stevens
7. "False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."
Author: Christian Nestell Bovee
8. "Such a profound occurrence, when the priorities of those in our lives shine so brightly a path away from who we once thought they were. This light sears insights onto us and helps us along our way. I wonder at times if my old friend hope is my only. She is a relentless presence who will never cease to be--a lone wanderer meeting me time and time again along this road."
Author: Christopher Hawke
9. "If I could shine like the sun all over the world, then I would be special."
Author: Cindy Fisk
10. "We stand dead still and we listen to the night. The city drones. An owl hoots and a cat howls and a dog barks and a siren wails.We let the stars shine into us."
Author: David Almond
11. "Just as stars shine brightest in the darkest night, your joy blazes brilliantly through life's problems when you count them as joy."
Author: Elizabeth George
12. "Spring comes to the Australian Alps like an invisible spirit. There is not the tremendous surge of upthrust life that there is in the lowland valleys, and no wild flowers bloom in the snow mountains till the early summer, but there is an immense stirring of excitement. A bright red and blue lowrie flits through the trees; snow thaws, and the streams become full of foaming water; the grey, flattened grass grows upwards again and becomes greener; wild horses start to lose their winter coats and find new energy; wombats sit, round and fat, blinking in the evening sunshine; at night there is the cry of a dingo to its mate."
Author: Elyne Mitchell
13. "I cut myself because you wouldn't let me cry.I cried because you wouldn't let me speak.I spoke because you wouldn't let me shine.I shone because I thought you loved me..."
Author: Emilie Autumn
14. "When Warren Buffett says the sun shines out of somebody's backside, it's worth paying attention."
Author: Guy Spier
15. "About midnight excited hails were heard from a boat about a couple of miles out at sea to the southeast of Sidmouth, and a lantern was seen waving in a strange manner to and fro and up and down. The nearer boats at once hurried towards the alarm. The adventuresome occupants of the boat, a seaman, a curate, and two schoolboys, had actually seen the monsters passing under their boat. The creatures, it seems, like most deep-sea organisms, were phosphorescent, and they had been floating, five fathoms deep or so, like creatures of moonshine through the blackness of the water, their tentacles retracted and as if asleep, rolling over and over, and moving slowly in a wedge-like formation towards the southeast.("The Sea Raiders")"
Author: H.G. Wells
16. "Tastykakes are just another of the many advantages of living in Jersey. They're made in Philly and shipped to Trenton in all their fresh squishiness. I read once that 439,000 Butterscotch Krimpets are baked every day. And not a heck of a lot of them find their way to New Hampshire. All that snow and scenery and what good does it do you without Tastykakes?"
Author: Janet Evanovich
17. "Healing is achieved through turning on the light of your soul and allowing it to shine."
Author: Janet Gallagher Nestor
18. "One enjoys friendship most when times are good, when the sun shines and the world is kind. But it is the sharing of adversity that knits men together."
Author: John Christopher
19. "Batter my heart, three-person'd God ; for youAs yet but knock ; breathe, shine, and seek to mend ;That I may rise, and stand, o'erthrow me, and bendYour force, to break, blow, burn, and make me new.I, like an usurp'd town, to another due,Labour to admit you, but O, to no end.Reason, your viceroy in me, me should defend,But is captived, and proves weak or untrue.Yet dearly I love you, and would be loved fain,But am betroth'd unto your enemy ;Divorce me, untie, or break that knot again,Take me to you, imprison me, for I,Except you enthrall me, never shall be free,Nor ever chaste, except you ravish me."
Author: John Donne
20. "The Mologai. The sun shines less in the Mologai, but heat gathers there in the shade and smoke. Steep cramped dwellings, shops oldish. Oddly, smoke pervading the whole area. The streets cling to contours. You clamber up steps from one narrow alleyway to the next, among the stalls. It's an antique hunter's paradise - or rather purgatory, because the promise of heaven takes time to realize."
Author: Jonathan Gash
21. "Outside, the sun shines. Inside, there's only darkness. The blackness is hard to describe, as it's more than symptoms. It's a nothing that becomes everything there is. And what one sees is only a fraction of the trauma inflicted."
Author: Justin Ordoñez
22. "We are definitely living in dark times. We must shine the light upon mans heart to alleviate the suffering of our souls!!!"
Author: Kenneth G. Ortiz
23. "Just to love! She did not ask to be loved. It was rapture enough just to sit there beside him in silence, alone in the summer night in the white splendor of moonshine, with the wind blowing down on them out of the pine woods."
Author: L. M. Montgomery
24. "[...] but just as formerly these pursuits and ideas had seemed petty and insignificant in comparison with the darkness that overshadowed all existence, so now they seemed as petty and insignificant in comparison with the brilliant sunshine in which the future was bathed. He went on with his work but now he felt that the centre of gravity of his attention had shifted, making him look at his work quite differently and with greater clarity. Formerly this work had been an escape from life: he used to feel that without it life would be too gloomy. Now he needed it so that life might not be too uniformly bright."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
25. "They always looked back before turning the corner, for their mother was always at the window to nod and smile, and wave her hand to them. Somehow it seemed as if they couldn't have got through the day without that, for whatever their mood might be, the last glimpse of that motherly face was sure to affect them like sunshine."
Author: Louisa May Alcott
26. "Go out more, keep cheerful as well as busy, for you are the sunshine-maker of the family, and if you get dismal there is no fair weather."
Author: Louisa May Alcott
27. "Whether they are raised in indigenous or modern culture, there are two things that people crave: the full realization of their innate gifts, and to have these gifts approved, acknowledged, and confirmed. There are countless people in the West whose efforts are sadly wasted because they have no means of expressing their unique genius. In the psyches of such people there is an inner power and authority that fails to shine because the world around them is blind to it."
Author: Malidoma Patrice Somé
28. "Thinking he knows can be a trap. An ex-professor once told him he had a diamond-hard intellect and he'd been flattered at the time. Now he considers the nature of diamonds. Although sharp and glittering and useful for cutting glass, they shine with reflected light only. They're no use at all in the dark"
Author: Margaret Atwood
29. "It is only those who believe in their ability who shine when it matters."
Author: Maurice Greene
30. "But sometimes it's the sunshine that frightens us more than the big black shadows."
Author: Megan Hart
31. "Tell me again was it love at first sightWhen I walked by and you caught my eyeDidn't you know love could shine this bright?Well, smile because you're the deer in the headlights."
Author: Owl City
32. "Sail on silver girl, sail on by...your time has come to shine all your dreams are on their way...see how they shine..oh and if you need a friend. I'm sailing right behind......"
Author: Paul Simon
33. "No matter how u r feeling, get up every morning and prepare 2 let ur light shine forth, ^-^"
Author: Paulo Coelho
34. "Chelsea, I knew when you showed up on my porch that you were going to be trouble. You were bossy and annoying and you brought sunshine into a very dark time in my life. You saved me when I didn't even know I needed saving. I love you for that. I will always love you for that." He raised her hand to hislips and kissed the backs of her knuckles. "Please say you'll stay in my life and maketrouble with me forever." -Mark Bressler"
Author: Rachel Gibson
35. "Remain still, with the conviction that the Self shines as everything yet nothing, within, without, and everywhere."
Author: Ramana Maharshi
36. "What is the point in talking to people you like when you know you will never going to be someone number one? That you will never be the one? When you know they will get bored of you after a while? Even when you are still smiling at their replies. I want to make someone feel the way I feel, to live like the world is going to end tomorrow. I want to make someone feel alive. I want to make someone's heart sing and make their eyes shine, when they look at me. I just want someone to believe in me, the way I believe in them..."
Author: Rhyan Roads
37. "I wish you sunshine on your path and storms to season your journey. I wish you peace in the world in which you live... More I cannot wish you except perhaps love to make all the rest worthwhile."
Author: Robert A. Ward
38. "The Atlantic is a stormy moat, and the Mediterranean,The blue pool in the old garden,More than five thousand years has drunk sacrificeOf ships and blood and shines in the sun; but here the Pacific:The ships, planes, wars are perfectly irrelevant.Neither our present blood-feud with the brave dwarfsNor any future world-quarrel of westeringAnd eastering man, the bloody migrations, greed of power, battle-falcons,Are a mote of dust in the great scale-pan.Here from this mountain shore, headland beyond stormy headland plunging like dolphins through the grey sea-smokeInto pale sea, look west at the hill of water: it is half the planet: this dome, this half-globe, this bulgingEyeball of water, arched over to Asia,Australia and white Antarctica: those are the eyelids that never close; this is the staring unsleepingEye of the earth, and what it watches is not our wars."
Author: Robinson Jeffers
39. "Humility is a grace that shines in a high condition but cannot, equally, in a low one because a person in the latter is already, perhaps, too much humbled."
Author: Samuel Richardson
40. "Inspirational quotes are dances of light that shine in dark places during your life."
Author: Shannon L. Alder
41. "Teenage girls today need strong, positive role models that can show them how to be independent thinkers and confident decision-makers. Dana is proud and self-confident, which is good, but she does not always make wise decisions. Rather than make her a super woman, I balanced her with difficult situations that could have been handled better. Her strength, however, shines through. This way, a young woman can read the book, discuss Dana's actions, and reflect on the decision-making in her own life."
Author: Sharon M. Draper
42. "And you, my best friend on earth, my soul sister who shares Chunky Monkey scoops and beefcake e-mails at the drop of a hat, the woman who made me wear a frothy, ruffled lime-colored bridesmaid dress that added fifteen pounds to my hips, are going to spill your guts to me, aren't you? (Sunshine)No fair and the dress wasn't lime, it was mint. (Selena)It was lime-icky green and I looked like a sick pistachio. (Sunshine)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
43. "Fear melts like ice when we allow love's divine light to shine upon our ignorance."
Author: Soul Dancer
44. "I work so much, I miss the sun shine away. I sleep so little, Watch the stars fade into day."
Author: Tegan Quin
45. "We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let's not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine... forever.-Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach)"
Author: Tite Kubo
46. "To be able to shine brightly, ones light must first fade."
Author: Tracey Anne McCartney
47. "Years pass by, calender pages change, and we realize the known past, sunshine clear present and the unpredictable future....#upasana"
Author: Upasana Banerjee
48. "Every day has its great grief or its small anxiety. ... One cloud is dispelled, another forms. There is hardly one day in a hundred of real joy and bright sunshine."
Author: Victor Hugo
49. "Therefore, let the moon shine on thee in thy solitary walk; And let the misty-mountain winds be free to blow against thee."
Author: William Wordsworth
50. "She's got those big black eyes with plenty shiny white in them that makes them shine like brand new money and she knows what God gave women eyelashes for, too. Her hair is not what you might call straight. It's negro hair, but it's got a kind of white flavor. Like the piece of string out of a ham. It's not ham at all, but it's been around ham and got the flavor."
Author: Zora Neale Hurston
Quotes About Shine Pictures