Famous Quotes About Short Term Memory
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Short Term Memory.
Top Quotes About Short Term Memory
1. "One by one he would conjure up the world's major electronic papers; he knew the codes of the more important ones by heart, and had no need to consult the list on the back of his pad. Switching to the display unit's short-term memory, he would hold the front page while he quickly searched the headlines and noted the items that interested him."
Author: Arthur C. Clarke
2. "As for your punishment, Midwife, you'll receive the standard penalty for treason. We're disbarring you from Our psyche. Put him on the next neurotransmitter bound for the temporal lobe. He can spend the rest of his days quivering in fear and wavering between short and long-term memory."
Author: Benson Bruno
3. "Estriol—Estriol is the weakest of the three estrogens and has a protective role in breast tissue. It is believed to protect vaginal tissue too. Estriol helps to reduce hot flashes in women, protects the urinary tract, and plays a role in retention of bone density. It can help increase "good" HDL and decrease "bad" LDL cholesterol. One compelling study showed that taking estriol can reverse brain lesions in women with multiple sclerosis. Estrogen is particularly needed in women to make serotonin function at its best in the brain. Serotonin is one of the brain's feel-good hormones. With no estrogen, your mood can change to anxious and depressed. Cognitive functions, such as critical thinking and short-term memory, are also eroded with the loss of estrogen production. Below is a list of symptoms related to low and high estrogen levels:"
Author: Daniel G. Amen
4. "Schemata are our necessary instruments for making the surfaces of what we read connect significantly with the background knowledge that is wittheld from immediate conciousness by the limits of short-term memory."
Author: E.D. Hirsch Jr.
5. "Kiss me goodbye now. And make it impressive. I have issues with my short term memory. - Lily, Seers of Light"
Author: Jennifer DeLucy
6. "Short term memory is not good."
Author: Jim McMahon
7. "I have short-term memory loss. I know that some of the memories of the Super Bowl championships are fading."
Author: Pat Bowlen
8. "My short-term factual memory can be like water; events are a brief disturbance on the surface and then it closes back up again, as if nothing ever touched it. But it's a strange fact that my long-term memory remains strong, perhaps because it recorded events when my mind was unaffected. My emotional memory is intact too, perhaps because feelings are recorded and stored in a different place than facts. The things that happened deeper in the past, and deeper in the breast, are still there for me, under the water. I won 1,098 games, and eight national championships, and coached in four different decades. But what I see are not the numbers. I see their faces. 'Pat should get a tattoo!' The kids laughed. 'What kind should she get?' 'A heart. She should get a heart.' Little did they know. They are the tattoos."
Author: Pat Summitt
9. "As we get older it is our short term memory that fades rather than our long term memory. Perhaps we have evolved like this so that we are able to tell the younger generation about the stories and experiences that have formed us which may be important to subsequent generations if they are to thrive.I worry though, about what might happen to our minds if most of the stories we hear are about greed, war, and atrocity"
Author: Philippa Perry
10. "The best pitchers have a short-term memory and a bulletproof confidence"
Author: R.A. Dickey
11. "Whether you're a quarterback and you just threw a pick, or you're a corner and you just got beat for a touchdown, you've got to have a short-term memory, shake it off and play the next play."
Author: Steve Mariucci
12. "Old age breeds the miracle of recall. You have no short-term memory atall; you can't remember what you did minutes ago, but you can recall with exquisite clarity what you did on your fifth birthday and how it all felt."
Author: Vicki Covington
13. "Always carry a notebook. And I mean always. The short-term memory only retains information for three minutes; unless it is committed to paper you can lose an idea for ever."
Author: Will Self
Quotes About Short Term Memory Pictures