Famous Quotes About Shout
Browse 1123 famous quotes and sayings about Shout.
Top Quotes About Shout
1. "The MRI has a repertoire of noises that resemble, in no particular order: a game-show buzzer for a wrong answer, urgent knocking, a modem from 1992, a grizzly-bear growl, and a man with a raspy voice shouting what sounds like "mother cooler!"
Author: A.J. Jacobs
2. "At the Theatre: To the Lady Behind MeDear Madam, you have seen this play;I never saw it till today.You know the details of the plot,But, let me tell you, I do not.The author seeks to keep from meThe murderer's identity,And you are not a friend of hisIf you keep shouting who it is.The actors in their funny wayHave several funny things to say,But they do not amuse me moreIf you have said them just before;The merit of the drama lies,I understand, in some surprise;But the surprise must now be smallSince you have just foretold it all.The lady you have brought with youIs, I infer, a half-wit too,But I can understand the pieceWithout assistance from your niece.In short, foul woman, it would suitMe just as well if you were mute;In fact, to make my meaning plain,I trust you will not speak again.And—may I add one human touch?—Don't breathe upon my neck so much."
Author: A.P. Herbert
3. "Only two kinds of daughters, she shouted in Chinese. Those who are obedient and those who follow their own mind!"
Author: Amy Tan
4. "Are you gloating inside? That's what this is about, isn't it? Getting me to trust you so you could blow it up in my face!" [...]"I get that you're angry—," said Patch."I am ripped apart!" I shouted."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
5. "Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
Author: C.S. Lewis
6. "Strauss! Oh yes, he was so-so. He wrote pretty music- The Blue Danube and Tales from the Vienna Woods. But what is that compared to Mozart?'Suddenly, Bess and George spotted Nancy coming towards them. 'Nancy!' the cousins chimed simultaneously and raced toward her.'I see our bus driver is still at it.' Nancy grinned.'All the way from Salzburg." George groaned.'Did he run off the road again?''Not once but many times,' Bess said. 'It was awful. Once he got so angry because someone compared Beethoven to Mozart that he actually stopped the bus, ran outside, and shouted into the valley, Beethoven is a bore. Mozart is sublime. Over and over. The professor had to go out and drag him back to the bus."
Author: Carolyn Keene
7. "You!" I shouted. "What's wrong with you?"He blinked at me."I thought you got turned into a fern.""Oh. Oh, Ananna, I'm sorry I didn't think-"
Author: Cassandra Rose Clarke
8. "Shaselle?""What now?" I incredulously exclaimed."Do you have plans tomorrow?""What?""I have a day off duty. We could-""No!" I shouted. "What is this?"
Author: Cayla Kluver
9. "A prayerless soul is a Christless soul. Prayer is the lisping of the believing infant, the shout of the fighting believer, the requiem of the dying saint falling asleep in Jesus. It is"
Author: Charles H. Spurgeon
10. "Ask questions then talk over answers, shout loudly you love everyone, try and hug people, confide in them that you are a sheep, offer them the last grass in your pockets.Then watch with a smile as they pretend you aren't there, and whisper you must be crazy, because you want to make friends."
Author: Craig Stone
11. "She overheard one of them shout, "This is Dr. Hartt's daughter!"Eve had no idea why those words came back to her at night. Over and over her brain repeated, "This is Dr. Hartt's daughter!"Not "Eve, we aren't showing a heartbeat on the baby."Not "David Statford was pronounced dead at the scene."Not "We can't stop the bleeding. She's hemorrhaging."Not "If the infection continues, we're not going to have any choice. Eve, we're recommending a hysterectomy."Maybe it was because she'd still had hope when she heard those words. Maybe because she'd thought she'd be protected since her father was a surgeon at the hospital where the ambulance took her."
Author: Debra Anastasia
12. "Get the hell down here!" the bride shouted. "You're stealing my thunder."
Author: Debra Anastasia
13. "On my way home that evening I felt an effervescence of spirit which built up inside me until I felt like shouting out loud for the sheer hell of it. The school, the children, Weston, the grimy fly-infested street through which I hurried - none of it could detract from the wonderful feeling of being employed. At long last I had a job, and though it promised to tax my capabilities to the full, it offered me the opportunity - wonderful word - of working on terms of dignified equality in an established profession."
Author: E.R. Braithwaite
14. "He smiled affably at the burglar, a burly fellow whom he continued to hold with one hand, as easily as if he had been a child. The entire household had been aroused, and a good number of them had joined in, shouting questions and brandishing various deadly instruments. The burglar glared wildly at Emerson, bare to the waist and bulging with muscle - at Gargery and his cudgel - at Selim, fingering a knife even longer than Nefret's - at assorted footmen armed with pokers, spits, and cleavers - and at the giant form of Daoud advancing purposefully toward him. 'It's a bleedin' army!' he gurgled. 'The lyin' barstard said you was some kind of professor!"
Author: Elizabeth Peters
15. "The fiesta was really started. It kept up day and night for seven days. The dancing kept up, the drinking kept up, the noise went on. The things that happened could only have happened during a fiesta. Everything became quite unreal finally and it seemed as though nothing could have any consequences. It seemed out of place to think of consequences during the fiesta. All during the fiesta you had the feeling even when it was quiet, that you had to shout any remark to make it heard. It was the same feeling about any action. It was a fiesta and it went on for seven days."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
16. "I did not say anything. I was always embarresed by the words sacred, glorious, and sacrifice and the expression in vain. We had heard them, sometimes standing in the rain almost out of earshot, so that only the shouted words came through, and had read them on proclamations that were slapped up by billposters over other proclamations, now for a long time, and I had seen nothing sacred, and the things that were glorious had no glory and the sacrifices were like the stock yards at Chicago if nothin was done with the meat except to buy it."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
17. "Lex surfed wicked, like the devil. He wasn't afraid of anything, seemed like. He grinned at West as the waves came up toward them like towers of green glass, an emerald city. We're off to see the wizard, he shouted. He whooped. His body crouched ready to fly. He shone against the sun."
Author: Francesca Lia Block
18. "If I fight, they must do the same, or they are less than dwarfs. "You won't hear me shout out Joffrey's name," he told them. "You won't hear me yell for Casterly Rock either. This is your city Stannis means to sack, and that's your gate he's bringing down. So come with me and kill the son of a bitch!"
Author: George R.R. Martin
19. "Braveggia, urla! T'affretta a palesarmi il fondo dell'alma ria!''''Shout, braggart! What a rush you're in to show me the last dregs of your vile soul!"
Author: Giacomo Puccini
20. "It struck me as pretty ridiculous to be called Mr. Darcy and to stand on your own looking snooty at a party. It's like being called Heathcliff and insisting on spending the entire evening in the garden, shouting "Cathy" and banging your head against a tree."
Author: Helen Fielding
21. "The emperor is naked!"The parade stopped. The emperor paused. A hush fell over the crowd, until one quick-thinking peasant shouted:"No, he isn't. The emperor is merely endorsing a clothing-optional lifestyle!"
Author: James Finn Garner
22. "They can shout down the head of the physics department at Cal Tech."
Author: James Stockdale
23. "You can't tell mewhat to do anymore, Travis! I don't belong to you!"In the second it took him to turn and face me, hisexpression had contorted into anger. He stomped towardme, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face."WELL I BELONG TO YOU!" The veins in his neckbulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to evenflinch. He looked at my lips, panting. "I belong to you."
Author: Jamie McGuire
24. "Your daily war chant: ( screaming it is mandatory! )Ooooooooh today, today I will see,what a happy place the world can be!I will make someone smile,refuse to being vile!I will share what I love,take someone high above,in the sky, between the cloudswith joyful shouts!Today, today even you will see,What a happy place the world can be!Make it happen, enjoy your day,Remember it is a temporary stay,here on earth, this single hour,today I give my love a flower!YEAAAAAH! Today I kick life's behind,making good what is unkind!Making smile who is not grinning!And this is only the beginning!Today.I.am. AAAAAAALIVEE!"
Author: Janosch Fingerhut
25. "You don't love me!" Agatha shouted. When she said that, I said I couldn't agree more. Of course I completely disagreed with her, and that is why I simply could not agree more. It took all my effort to agree to the degree that it took to even be disagreeable about it."
Author: Jarod Kintz
26. "I…I was just excited.""Yeah, I'd say you were," Dee said, grinning like an idiot.Daemon was staring at me like he's just won the lottery. "I kind of like this level of excitement. Makes me think of—""Daemon!" both of us shouted."What?" He grinned, tousling Dee's hair. "I was only suggesting—""We know what you were suggesting."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
27. "Tavi looked wildly around the courtyard, and when his gaze flicked toward them, his face lit witha ferocious smile. "Uncle Bernard! Uncle Bernard!" he shouted, pointing at Doroga. "He followed me home! Can we keep him?"
Author: Jim Butcher
28. "Objection!" Metz shouts.Grounds?" the judge asks.Well...he's my witness!"
Author: Jodi Picoult
29. "All those days had been removed, simply and precisely, whole weeks brimming with cloudless blue skies neatly severed and discarded. We needed Beth's name shouted not whispered."
Author: Karen Foxlee
30. "Bug?" Jenks shouted, incensed. "You sack of sweat stink. I've got farts that smell sweeter than you. Think you're better than me? Poop ice cream cones, do you?"
Author: Kim Harrison
31. "The wife correct " Lorelei prompted. "She makes sure her husband is treated with the proper regard and she is the one who sees after his care just like you would do a treasured pup." Annabeth frowned. "I suppose that's true." "Thank you " Lorelei said. "Now if you wish to train a man to listen to you you never shout you whisper. They take extra special care to listen to a quiet tone while they automatically shut out loud ones. And just like you would a dog when he comes at your bidding you reward him. That way he'll always come instead of ignoring you or putting you off."
Author: Kinley MacGregor
32. "Any man can be kind when he is comfortable. I'd always thought kindness a trivial virtue, therefore. But when we were hungry, thirsty, sick, frightened, with our deaths shouting at us, in the heart of horror, you were still as unfailingly courteous as a gentleman at ease before his own hearth."
Author: Lois McMaster Bujold
33. "I admit at the beginning that 'popular religion,' 'demotic religion,' the pieties of the common folk, tends to sink to the lowest common denominator, be it in syncretizing saints with old, half-forgotten pagan godlings, or in preferring the nasal whine and the revivalist shoutin' to solid sense and learning, regarding intellect as positively inimical to the workings of the Holy Ghost. But it is in American religious life, especially Protestant American religious life, that things bottom out completely."
Author: Markham Shaw Pyle
34. "Soft and small voice communications with our associates make priceless friendships possible. I am appreciative of people who find no need to raise their voices as they try to impress or convince. It seems most people who argue and shout have ceased listening to what the small voice could powerfully contribute."
Author: Marvin J. Ashton
35. "When Seymour saw me seated at the piano at that first rehearsal, he shouted: 'What's that kid doing here? Call your piano player and let's get started.'"
Author: Mary Lou Williams
36. "And why would she do that?" Hadrian shouted to the upper story."She told you herself. Farlan was going to have the sheriff investigate." "Yeah, investigate you!" "But I didn't kill anyone. Well, not anyone in Vernes … well, not recently."
Author: Michael J. Sullivan
37. "That is what worship is all about. It is the glad shout of praise that arises to God the creator and God the rescuer from the creation that recognizes its maker, the creation that acknowledges the triumph of Jesus the Lamb. That is the worship that is going on in heaven, in God's dimension, all the time. The question we ought to be asking is how best we might join in."
Author: N.T. Wright
38. "A toast to the birthday boy!' Myrna shouted. 'Welcome to the adult world, hon. It's lonely, it's miserable, and God help you. But there are bright spots, and nights like tonight are one of them."
Author: Natalie Standiford
39. "But every time I go to church with you, I feel like everyone's trying to trap me in a room and convert me.' Which, in truth, they are. 'I want you, and your family, to love me for who I am,' he shouts, 'To let me be who I am."
Author: Nicole Hardy
40. "I nearly died with the peritonitis, but not the heart attack. The heart attack was like bad indigestion and two weeks later I was back in shouting at people. I was shouting at people during the heart attack. I had it for three days without realising what it was."
Author: Nigel Lythgoe
41. "I read you guys your bedtime story, go to bed!" my sister shouted as she put water into the kettle."But Mom," a small voice whined. I smirked, ready for what my sister was about to bestow."But nothing, you two bet—-"I interrupted, unable to control myself. "Get back into bed before the monster tries to bite your ankles!"
Author: Ottilie Weber
42. "To some, the image of a pale body glimmering on a dark night whispers of defeat. What good is a God who does not control his Son's suffering? But another sound can be heard: the shout of a God crying out to human beings, "I LOVE YOU." Love was compressed for all history in that lonely figure on the cross, who said that he could call down angels at any moment on a rescue mission, but chose not to - because of us. At Calvary, God accepted his own unbreakable terms of justice.Any discussion of how pain and suffering fit into God's scheme ultimately leads back to the cross."
Author: Philip Yancey
43. "Behind them, Leo heard the Maenads laughing and shouting, urging Leo to come back so they could rip him to shreds. For some reason, Leo wasn't tempted."
Author: Rick Riordan
44. "Writers shouldn't fear criticism. Instead, they should fear silence. Criticism is healthy. It gets people thinking about your work and, even better, it gets them talking and arguing. But as for silence -- it is the greatest killer of writers. So if you hate a book and want to hurt it -- don't talk about it. And if you hate my books -- please, for God's sake, shout it from the hills!"
Author: Robert Fanney
45. "You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it's going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kinds of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt."
Author: Robert M. Pirsig
46. "I'm not ill like that," she groaned. He sat on her bed, peeling back the blanket. A servant entered, frowning at the mess on the floor, and shouted for help."Then it what way?""I,uh..." Her face was so hot she thought it would melt onto the floor. Oh you idiot. "My monthly cycles finally came back!"His face suddenly matched hers and he stepped away, dragging his hand through his short hair. "I-if...Then I'll take my leave," he stammered, and bowed. Celaena raised an eyebrow, and then, despite herself, smiled as he left the room as quick as his feet could go without running, tripping slightly in the doorway as he staggered into the rooms beyond."
Author: Sarah J. Maas
47. "The same rightists who decades ago were shouting, 'Better dead than red!' are now often heard mumbling, 'Better red than eating hamburgers."
Author: Slavoj Žižek
48. "Biting enemies seems to be acceptable in a surprisingly narrow range of circumstances, or so a ninja shouted at me once"
Author: Steve Aylett
49. "After the torchlight red on sweaty facesAfter the frosty silence in the gardensAfter the agony in stony placesThe crying and the shoutingPrison and place and reverberationOf thunder of spring over distant mountainsHe was living is now deadWe who were living are now dyingWith a little patience"
Author: T.S. Eliot
50. "What was it then? What did it mean? Could things thrust their hands up and grip one; could the blade cut; the fist grasp? Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle, and leaping from the pinnacle of the tower into the air? Could it be, even for elderly people, that this was life?—startling, unexpected, unknown? For one moment she felt that if they both got up, here, now on the lawn, and demanded an explanation, why it was so short, why was it so inexplicable, said it with violence, as two fully equipped human beings from whom nothing should be hid might speak, then, beauty would roll itself up; the space would fill; those empty flourishes would form into shape; if they shouted loud enough Mrs. Ramsay would return. "Mrs. Ramsay!" she said aloud, "Mrs. Ramsay!" The tears ran down her face."
Author: Virginia Woolf
Quotes About Shout Pictures