Famous Quotes About Shrinking Yourself
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Shrinking Yourself.
Top Quotes About Shrinking Yourself
1. "The heart," he said, "is half criminal. The trick is to be vigilant. To keep your eyes open, so if you get a look at this side of yourself you can make a positive ID."
Author: Adam Ross
2. "You can't imagine fame. You can only ever see it from an outsider and comment on it with the rueful wisdom of a non participant. When it happens to you, it doesn't matter what age or how, it is a very steep learning curve. The imprtanot thing to realize in all of it is that life is short, to protect the ones you love, and not expose yourself to too much abuse or narcissistic reflection gazing and move on. If fame affords me the type of ability to do the kind of work I'm being offered, who am I to complain about the downsides. It's all relative. And this are obviously very high class problems. The way privacy becomes an every shrinking island is inevitable but also manageable and it doesn't necessary have to get that way..."
Author: Benedict Cumberbatch
3. "When you're growing up, it takes a long time for you to realize that there's something different about you. On one level, you know there's something strange, but on another, yourself is the only thing you ever knew."
Author: Brooke Stevens
4. "The worth is in the act. Your worth halts when you surrender your will to change and experience life. But options are before you; choose one and dedicate yourself to it. The deeds will give you a new hope and purpose. ~ Eragon"
Author: Christopher Paolini
5. "Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew."
Author: Cicely Tyson
6. "--Why are we fighting them?--They're mad. We're sane.--How do we know?--That we're sane?--Yes.--Am I sane?--To all appearances.--And you, do you consider yourself sane?--I do.--Well, there you have it.--But don't they also consider themselves sane?--I think they know. Deep down. That they're not sane.--How must that make them feel?--Terrible, I should think. They must fight ever more fiercely, in order to deny what they know to be true. That they are not sane."
Author: Donald Barthelme
7. "To be in loveIs to touch things with a lighter hand.In yourself you stretch, you are well."
Author: Gwendolyn Brooks
8. "It is easier to act yourself into a new way of feeling than to feel yourself into a new way of acting."
Author: Harry Stack Sullivan
9. "Then one day, this kid named Darren Walsh touched the Cheese with his finger, and that's what started this thing called the Cheese Touch. It's basically like the Cooties. If you get the Cheese Touch, you're stuck with it until you pass it on to someone else. The only way to protect yourself from the Cheese Touch is to cross your fingers."
Author: Jeff Kinney
10. "So you cast yourself aside in advance? To save yourself some hurt, you hurt yourself? What kind of way is that to live?'She shrugged one shoulder. 'A safe way?'He released a gusty laugh. 'Is that what you call safe? It's not a safe way, Sparrow, it's a pathetic and lonely way. Sparrow, sometimes life is scary. Get over it, and live."
Author: Jill Williamson
11. "When you face adversity, you need to remind yourself that whatever is trying to defeat you could very well be what God will use to promote you."
Author: Joel Osteen
12. "Don't sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there's nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you."
Author: Karl Lagerfeld
13. "Even before I went to the UN, I often would want to say something in a meeting - only woman at the table - and I'd think, 'OK well, I don't think I'll say that. It may sound stupid.' And then some man says it, and everybody thinks it's completely brilliant, and you are so mad at yourself for not saying something."
Author: Madeleine Albright
Quotes About Shrinking Yourself Pictures