Famous Quotes About Silence Is Golden
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Silence Is Golden.
Top Quotes About Silence Is Golden
1. "Katy was neither a Methodist nor a Masochist. She was a goddess and the silence of goddesses is genuinely golden. None of your superficial plating. A solid, twenty-two-carat silence all the way through. The Olympian's trap is kept shut, not by an act of willed discretion, but because there's really nothing to say. Goddesses are all of one piece. There's no internal conflict in them. Whereas the lives of people like you and me are one long argument. Desires on one side, woodpeckers on the other. Never a moment of real silence."
Author: Aldous Huxley
2. "I need this conversation. They say silence is golden. Maybe it is, although I'm not sure it's worth that much. It has its price certainly; you have to pay for it."
Author: Andrzej Sapkowski
3. "The lesson we are indebted to Egypt for, our future generations learned that in the face of oppression silence is never golden."
Author: Aysha Taryam
4. "Some say silence is golden, I choose noise!"
Author: Blake Lewis
5. "Silence is not only golden, it is seldom misquoted."
Author: Bob Monkhouse
6. "In the radiance and the silence, she ran on the vast expanse of hard, smooth sand, beside herself with joy. Ah, when you only have a holiday once in a while, what a happiness it is! Each golden minute had to be held and perfected before it was let go."
Author: Dorothy Whipple
7. "If "silence is golden" then we have a 24 carat prime minister...!!!"
8. "And silence is the golden mountain"
Author: Jack Kerouac
9. "There is a level of consciousness between sleeping and fully wakening when the worries of the day have not settled upon us; the body is stilled, and the senses wholly receptive. If the sun is bright, there is pure silence, or the birds are beginning to sing, this shining level of consciousness can come to be the nearest we will get to paradise this side of our quietus, Every day should begin so, This is no dream. This is the reality. The world outside is beautiful. We do our best to hide it. We cover it. We push it father back. The ugliness we make ourselves. We originate our own worries. We put on our own shackles; build our prisons. We can only glimpse the golden reality, briefly, through our tiny barred windows."
Author: John Wyatt
10. "Silence isn't golden, it's deadly. It's a vacuum that fills up with ghosts."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
11. "There is a vast yawning that opens within usit pulls us and claims us and calls us, "come home..."it beckons "come in..."where your teardrops are sacred, where silence is golden, and you are His own. slip deeper,and deeperbeneath all the churning let deepness engulf you let His will be done.for this is your country, your kingdom, your homeland,the place where you know you are never alone. yes, there's a vast yawning,a chasm within you an ache,and a hunger to know and be known "come inand be silent" it call from the stillness come in and allow Me to call you My own there is a vast yawning, a depth you can't fathom,a refuge,a quiet, a rest, and a home"come in and find comfort,come in and find shelter, come in and find peacein your heart that's His home."
Author: Kate Mullane Robertson
12. "...And he shouldn't have talked to Mama in the hurtful ways he did neither. Calling her despicable names because she wanted to do things her own independent way instead of his. He uses his silver tongue like a sword. Nicking away at your heart, cutting word by cutting word. Maybe silence really is golden."
Author: Lesley Kagen
13. "I beg your pardon for questioning your judgement," she said. "It is nothing to me, after all, if it proves faulty. I am not the one responsible for the Marquess of Atherton's heir and sole offspring. I am not the one who will be toppled from my pedestal if the world learns I have not only permitted but encouraged my nephew to associate with the most shocking persons. I am not the one who-""I wish you were the one who had heard of the rule Silence is Golden," he said."
Author: Loretta Chase
14. "Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
Author: Muhammad Ali
15. "It is well, when in difficulties, to say never a word, neither black nor white. Speech is silver but silence is golden."
Author: Muriel Spark
16. "The orange of the golden carp appeared at the edge of the pond. . . . We watched in silence at the beauty and grandeur of the great fish. Out of the corners of my eyes I saw Cico hold his hand to his breast as the golden carp glided by. Then with a switch of his powerful tail the golden carp disappeared into the shadowy water under the thicket."
Author: Rudolfo Anaya
17. "For me, family means the silent treatment. At any given moment, someone is always not speaking to someone else.'Really,' I said.We're passive-aggressive people,' she explained, taking a sip of her coffee. 'Silence is our weapon of choice. Right now, for instance, I'm not speaking to two of my sisters and one brother... At mine [my house], silence is golden. And common.'To me,' Reggie said, picking up a bottle of Vitamin A and moving it thoughtfully from one hand to the other, 'family is, like, the wellspring of human energy. The place where all life begins.'...Harriet considered this as she took a sip of coffee. 'Huh,' she said. 'I guess when someone else does something worse. Then you need people on your side, so you make up with one person, jsut as you're getting pissed off at another.' So it's an endless cycle,' I said.I guess.' She took another sip. 'Coming together, falling apart. Isn't that what families are all about?"
Author: Sarah Dessen
Quotes About Silence Is Golden Pictures