Famous Quotes About Silent Friendship
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Silent Friendship.
Top Quotes About Silent Friendship
1. "In that moment, I truly believed that I would never see him again. That our years of a silent friendship would be for naught, because he loved me, and it was too good to be true, and the universe wouldn't let me have him. Because the universe didn't grant beautiful things like Brendan Tanner. Not to people like me."
Author: Allie Burke
2. "I remembered how much that friendship had meant to me, that way you could just open your mouth, sitting on a bench in the park, lying across your twin bed, standing over a sink in the girls' room, pulling the phone into the closet—just open your mouth and let your whole self out, all those small mosaic pieces of self that barely held together with plaster of personality half the time."
Author: Anna Quindlen
3. "In a perfect Friendship this Appreciative love is, I think, often so great and so firmly based that each member of the circle feels, in his secret heart, humbled before the rest. Sometimes he wonders what he is doing there among his betters. He is lucky beyond desert to be in such company. Especially when the whole group is together; each bringing out all that is best, wisest, or funniest in all the others. Those are the golden sessions; when four or five of us after a hard day's walk have come to our inn; when our slippers are on, our feet spread out toward the blaze and our drinks are at our elbows; when the whole world, and something beyond the world, opens itself to our minds as we talk; and no one has any claim on or any responsibility for another, but all are freemen and equals as if we had first met an hour ago, while at the same time an Affection mellowed by the years enfolds us. Life — natural life — has no better gift to give. Who could have deserved it?"
Author: C.S. Lewis
4. "You have very Grace Kelly-like tendencies about you. I hear Grace Kelly had a filthy mouth too," he added. "You love my filthy mouth.""True. But I like it better when its full," he said, meaningful smirk in place. "You know, if you would shut up once in a while you'd be damn near perfect.""But I'd be a silent panty ripper, which I think is a lot creepier than the angry-boss panty ripper."
Author: Christina Lauren
5. "Cinema is a mixed form. L'Avventura has characters, it has social context, and these things are not trivial. Its plot is the disappearance of a disappearance. Possibly the most frightening plot imaginable. Forgetting the dead, whom all of history tells us we must remember. But what makes movies themselves, rather than novels or plays, is something else. What is it if not the film medium itself? The purity of the visual, which lies in the silence of the stilled image. The freeze frame. The deeply, deeply silent image. Like death. The image in itself in its silent purity reaches--it reaches!--for the purity of death."
Author: Frank Lentricchia
6. "In a friendship, especially in a friendship between two young boys, you are allowed to inflict a certain amount of pain. This is even expected. But you must cause no serious injury; you must never, under any circumstances, leave wounds that will result in permanent scars."
Author: Joe Hill
7. "Bicycles, bullock carts, and buses that belched thick, black smoke moved in anarchic streams with the auto rickshaws and cars along the streets. Many of the shops—normally selling everything from groceries to stainless steel cookware to shoes—stood silent behind shutters and honeycomb grilles."
Author: Ken Doyle
8. "Thus we use our supposed "knowledge" of others to speak on their behalf, and condemn them for their words we ourselves put in their silent mouths."
Author: Margaret George
9. "When you speak of silent movies, everyone thinks of Charlie Chaplin first."
Author: Michel Hazanavicius
10. "Clearly, sharing something could take you a long way, or at least to a different place than you'd planned. Like a friendship or a family, or even jsut alone on a curb on a Saturday, trying to get your bearings as best you can."
Author: Sarah Dessen
11. "If you're going through friendship issues, I would say, first of all take a step back. How important is the friendship to you? Sometimes, if someone's not being a good friend to you and isn't treating you the way you should be treated, then you kind of have to move on sometimes."
Author: Victoria Justice
Quotes About Silent Friendship Pictures