Famous Quotes About Silver Lining
Browse 36 famous quotes and sayings about Silver Lining.
Top Quotes About Silver Lining
1. "DISOBEDIENCE, n. The silver lining to the cloud of servitude."
Author: Ambrose Bierce
2. "Believe you can fly so high on the eagle's wings and elucidate the soupcon of susurration, buzz, fizzle, whiz and silver-lining façade of the cloud even if the earth is in a blaze, the world on a maze, the sphere in a raze and the inhabitants laze away"
Author: Anyaele Sam Chiyson
3. "Stop torturing yourself, her friends said. Stop living in the past. He was gone. Capital G--Gone. He wasn't coming back. She should focus not on the pain, but on the possibility. Something good would come from all this heartache, something always did. Everything, her friends told her, happened for a reason. She should start looking for the silver lining. She thought she might start looking for new friends."
Author: Aryn Kyle
4. "The seemingly omnipresent storm clouds hanging over the Constitution often make it hard to find a silver lining. Every day, the front page of The Drudge Report is littered with stories of government assaults on our civil liberties - from local government officials all the way up to the Oval Office."
Author: Bob Barr
5. "There, on our favourite seat, the silver light of the moon struck a half-reclining figure, snowy white... something dark stood behind the seat where the white figure shone, and bent over it. What it was, whether man or beast, I could not tell."
Author: Bram Stoker
6. "Courtesy is a silver lining around the dark clouds of civilization; it is the best part of refinement and in many ways, an art of heroic beauty in the vast gallery of man's cruelty and baseness."
Author: Bryant McGill
7. "Our happiness is certainly mixed in with the tragedies of life. You have to find the lemonade. You have to find the silver lining in the middle of everything that happens in life."
Author: Chandra Wilson
8. "It is true that from a behavioral economics perspective we are fallible, easily confused, not that smart, and often irrational. We are more like Homer Simpson than Superman. So from this perspective it is rather depressing. But at the same time there is also a silver lining. There are free lunches!"
Author: Dan Ariely
9. "A shaft of sunlight pierced the dark cluds and she looked up to see a silver lining. It was a sign, she thought."
Author: Diane Grifith
10. "Every cloud has its silver lining but it is sometimes a little difficult to get it to the mint."
Author: Don Marquis
11. "Demeanor-wise, Reagan was a conservative, but a pragmatic conservative, and he found silver linings in things. He liked to be a mediator. He didn't like to have enemies around him."
Author: Douglas Brinkley
12. "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it is a very unfortunate situation for the batting team. On the other side of the image, although being definitely unfortunatable for the batting team, it is most definitely a glorious silver lining for the bowling team."
Author: Ian B.G. Burns
13. "So then I thought, I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you ever meet some veela when you're off doing whatever you're doing.'I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest.'There's a silver lining I've been looking for,' she whispered, and then she was kissing him as she never kissed him before, and Harry was kissing her back, and it was a blissful oblivion, better than firewhiskey; she was the only real thing in the world, Ginny, the feel of her, one hand on her back, the other in her long sweet-smelling hair..."
Author: J.K. Rowling
14. "There's the silver lining I'm looking for."
Author: J.K. Rowling
15. "We must assume every event has significance and contains a message that pertains to our questions...this especially applies to what we used to call bad things...the challenge is to find the silver lining in every event, no matter how negative."
Author: James Redfield
16. "Even if you cannot always see that silver lining on your clouds, God can, for He is the very source of the light you seek. He does love you, and He knows your fears. He hears your prayers. He is your Heavenly Father, and surely He matches with His own the tears His children shed."
Author: Jeffrey R. Holland
17. "We all want to do something to mitigate the pain of loss or to turn grief into something positive, to find a silver lining in the clouds. But I believe there is real value in just standing there, being still, being sad."
Author: John Green
18. "Hey listen, I already have a complete list of silver linings. It's the goddamn cloud that's killin me."
Author: John L. Parker Jr.
19. "I am a sanguinely optimistic person, I see the bright side, the silver lining, a half-full glass. Hence, my day is always sunny even though the sky foreboding."
Author: Joseph V. Angeles
20. "I may be weak but i'm never defeated and i'll keep believing in clouds with that sweet silver lining."
Author: Kate Voegele
21. "Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings"
Author: Led Zeppelin
22. "He is beauty, inside and out.He is the silver lining in a world of darkness.He is my light."
Author: Marie Lu
23. "In my world, reserved Italians, heterosexual hairdressers, clouds without silver linings, ignoble savages, hard-hearted whores, advantageous ill-winds, sober Irishmen, and so on, are not permitted to exist."
Author: Martin Amis
24. "Most people lose the ability to see silver linings or even though they are always there above us."
Author: Matthew Quick
25. "When I read the actual story-how Gatsby loves Daisy so much but can't ever be with her no matter how hard he tries-I feel like ripping the book in half and calling up Fitzgerald and telling him his book is all wrong, even though I know Fitzgerald is probably deceased. Especially when Gatsby is shot dead in his swimming pool the first time he goes for a swim all summer, Daisy doesn't even go to his funeral, Nick and Jordan part ways, and Daisy ends up sticking with racist Tom, whose need for sex basically murders an innocent woman, you can tell Fitzgerald never took the time to look up at clouds during sunset, because there's no silver lining at the end of that book, let me tell you."
Author: Matthew Quick
26. "I do see why Nikki likes the novel, as it's written so well, but her liking it makes me worry now that Nikki doesn't really believe in silver linings. Because she says The Great Gatsby is the greatest novel ever written by an American, and yet it ends so sadly. One thing's for sure. Nikki is going to be very proud of me when I tell her I finally read her favorite book. Here's another surprise: I'm going to read all the novels on her American Literature class syllabus, just to make her proud. To let her know that I am really interested in what she loves."
Author: Matthew Quick
27. "If clouds are blocking the sun, there will always be a silver lining that reminds me to keep on trying."
Author: Matthew Quick
28. "Every crowd has a silver lining."
Author: P. T. Barnum
29. "The silver lining of those years when I was trying to get 'Tinkers' published but couldn't were the years when I had to decide, Why do I want to be a writer? I realized that writing is the thing itself; writing is not a means to publication, writing is not a predicate of publication, so I spent years making art for art's sake."
Author: Paul Harding
30. "He watched the early light of the new moon glint fretfully on the river, now silver slivers, now darkness, as the night breeze stirred the choked growth on the banks and lifted the tree branches. The watersteps were a deserted invitation, and he envied Hori who must surely even now be reclining on the bottom of his skiff, Antef beside him, their fishing lines tied to the boat whilst they watched the stars and gossiped. His fountain tinkled like music in the darkness, and the monkeys sighed and snuffled in their favourite warm spot under the stone basin, which still held the warmth of the day's heat."
Author: Pauline Gedge
31. "People often say "Just look for the silver lining." But what do you say to the person surrounded by fog? They don't see a fluffy object in the sky, blocking the sun for a moment or two. But instead, they see everything as it was before, but through the murky, un-clarity of hopelessness. As if they were standing at the bottom of a grimy lake except able to breathe. But not wanting to because with each breath they grow numb from the cold loneliness. What if they're surrounded by a dreary blanket of darkness, made up of their own thoughts, too impenetrable for any light to break through? So what do you tell that person who, as far as the eye could see, only sees fog? A place where there is no silver lining peeking around the corner. Imagine a place where your only companion is the confusion you walk around with."
Author: Sadie Turner
32. "Is is, therefore, not an exaggeration to say that if the city of New York were suddenly replaced by a ball of fire, some significant percentage of the American population would see a silver-lining in the subsequent mushroom cloud, as it would suggest to them that the best thing that is ever going to happen was about to happen: the return of Christ. It should be blindingly obvious that beliefs of this sort will do little to help us create a durable future for ourselves - socially, economically, environmentally, or geopolitically. Imagine the consequences if any significant component of the US government actually believed that the world was about to end and that its ending would be glorious. The fact that nearly half of the American population apparently believes this, purely on the basis of religion dogma, should be considered a moral and intellectual emergency."
Author: Sam Harris
33. "They say there is always a silver lining in the end but have you ever considered that it could be silver plated ..always a catch"
Author: Sandile Sean Mntla
34. "I am learning everyday to see the silver lining on every dark cloud. To see the life lesson in every situation; to feel joy and peace in every circumstance; to hear and speak only positive, uplifting, kind and caring words; to touch hearts in a positive and meaningful way; to be inspired by others and to be inspirational for others. To truly make a significant difference in my life and the lives of others by becoming my best self and being the best I can be in service to them. I still have a long way to go, but I feel life becoming more enriched as I keep climbing upwards and moving forward in my quest to create a more Loving, Peaceful, Joyous and Beautiful world."
Author: Sean D. Hamilton
35. "A golden heart, a dioamond soul, a silver lining attitude and a titanium will power is the finest and the only jewellery I wear."
Author: Shahla Khan
36. "Every cloud has a silver lining. The edge of light that shines brightest holds a sliver of hope for a bright today & an even better tomorrow."
Author: Truth Devour
Quotes About Silver Lining Pictures