Famous Quotes About Singer
Browse 583 famous quotes and sayings about Singer.
Top Quotes About Singer
1. "I love Ray Charles. He can still teach everybody a lot about how to make great music. Not necessarily how to make hits, but how to make great music. Of course, part of it is his incredible talent. Who are the greatest jazz singers in the world? Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday and Ray Charles."
Author: Ahmet Ertegun
2. "I think a lot of singers are shy people. I suppose singing on stage is not like talking; you are not as exposed."
Author: Alison Goldfrapp
3. "The Internet," [Judy] Singer said, "is a prosthetic device for people who can't socialize without it." For anyone challenged by language and social rules, a communication system that does not operate in real time is a godsend."
Author: Andrew Solomon
4. "The life bears a likeness to a song, it, though low or high, pours the whole of itself into each musical note. The song will be only wonderful if a singer sings it in the perfect pitch. This resembles to the life, it overwhelms with tasks that you have to finish. Thus, you must come up with proper timetable to bring strength to your health before doing well everything. I consider health as the most important reward of this life. Just put it in priority, don't ruin it due to any reasons"
5. "It was darn nigh impossible for women in rock in the '70s. There wasn't a mold if you were a woman and you were in the entertainment in the '70s. You were probably a disco diva or a folk singer, or simply ornamental. Radio would play only one woman per hour."
Author: Ann Wilson
6. "He had no illusion that this was bittersweet or somehow necessary to make art. It just burned. Anyone who felt this would take their hand off the stove at once, but he was locked in position, inches from the source of his pain, for as far into the future as he could see, because if he was going to be a musician, if he was going to protect the one profound and real thing about himself, the one thing he loved besides her (but which only she made appear at its strongest), then he would be a fool to leave a singer who so obviously was going to go all the way."
Author: Arthur Phillips
7. "It was really fun. Well, Bobby was just basically a folk singer. He didn't play with any bands or anything, like all the rest of us. Just played his guitar and sang his songs."
Author: Barry McGuire
8. "My mother's a singer and my mother's father is a singer, and everyone on both sides are all country-western bluegrass musicians."
Author: Brandi Carlile
9. "With love that knew no fear, the Singer caught his torment, wrapped it all in song and gave it back to him as peace."
Author: Calvin Miller
10. "If I wanted to be a pop singer, I would have done that 20 years ago. I love country music."
Author: Chely Wright
11. "When Arthur Schlesinger Sr. pioneered the 'presidential greatness poll' in 1948, the top five were Lincoln, Washington, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and Jefferson. Only Wilson appears to be seriously fading, probably because his support for the World War I-era Sedition Act now seems outrageous; in this analogy, Woodrow is like the Doors and the Sedition Act is Oliver Stone."
Author: Chuck Klosterman
12. "My dad was a singer in a band and neither of my parents went to college, and I ended up getting into Harvard and was the first person in my family that went to college and it happened to be Harvard."
Author: Dean Norris
13. "I'm a talentless but popular young singer and I have the feeling someone is watching me. I use the term loosely because I have few feelings, and even they're too simple, like primary colors."
Author: Dennis Cooper
14. "I'm not really a country singer, although I did make a couple albums and love its simple, straight-from-the-heart approach, but I have always sung a lot of jazz, show tunes, pop tunes, gospel and blues."
Author: Dinah Shore
15. "The Latin musical tradition is very rich and gives the singer a lot of freedom to explore a range of."
Author: Ednita Nazario
16. "If you watch the evening news, Dr. Kissinger is very often brought on to sort of be the statesman of his age and to reflect dispassionately on world events. And so a film challenging his legacy, a film that assesses charges that are quite grave against him, is something that is touchy for the media to show."
Author: Eugene Jarecki
17. "Just look at the messages today's media are sending everybody, from TV and commercials to actors and singers. Kids are just drowning in that 24-7 and it's getting really bad."
Author: Evan Rachel Wood
18. "Some have called we rock and roll performers who never retire 'troubadours.' I enjoy this misnomer immensely. While there are many differences between me and my distant predecessors in L'Occitane, I do believe there is a lineage that connects us of the last 70 years with those romantic singers of the High Middle Ages."
Author: Frank Black
19. "I'm a country singer. I love all kinds of music, but country is where my loyalty lies. That's just me and what I do, and I'm not going to change it."
Author: George Strait
20. "Oh, man, pop singers are terrible actors. We're all bad."
Author: Graham Parker
21. "You can cage the singer but not the song."
Author: Harry Belafonte
22. "I had no interest in being an actress what so ever, and when I was about 14 or 15, I was signed to a company in England. They owned a children's TV show which they put me in as a singer, and I was on the show for three years, and I left the show when I was 18 and started looking for a record contract."
Author: India De Beaufort
23. "I was always one of those fortunate people who never wanted to be anything other than a singer and an actor. Most people know me as a singer, but I am also an actor."
Author: Irwin Thomas
24. "Readers will recall that the little evidence collected seemed to point to the strange and confusing figure of an unidentified Air Force pilot whose body was washed ashore on a beach near Dieppe three months later. Other traces of his ‘mortal remains' were found in a number of unexpected places: in a footnote to a paper on some unusual aspects of schizophrenia published thirty years earlier in a since defunct psychiatric journal; in the pilot for an unpurchased TV thriller, ‘Lieutenant 70'; and on the record labels of a pop singer known as The Him — to instance only a few. Whether in fact this man was a returning astronaut suffering from amnesia, the figment of an ill-organized advertising campaign, or, as some have suggested, the second coming of Christ, is anyone's guess."
Author: J.G. Ballard
25. "It was now Frodo's turn to feel pleased with himself. He capered about on the table; and when he came up a second time to the cow jumped over the Moon, he leaped in the air. Much too vigorously; for he came down, bang, into a tray full of mugs, and slipped, and rolled off the table with a crash, clatter, and bump! The audience all opened their mouths wide for laughter, and stopped short in gaping silence; for the singer disappeared. He simply vanished, as if he had gone slap through the floor without leaving a hole!"
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
26. "Then she got up, went to Monty's mirror, and began combing her hair, while little cadenzas absentmindedly cascaded out of her throat, and cold drops cascaded over Mildred's heart. For Veda was stark naked. From the massive, singer's torso, with the Dairy quaking in front, to the slim hips, to the lovely legs, there wasn't so much as a garter to hide a path of skin."
Author: James M. Cain
27. "Yeah... I was a singer as a kid. I had a lot of stage fright, and what's happened with 'Idol,' it has got me past so much of that."
Author: Kara DioGuardi
28. "I have such happy memories of performing in a choir and I don't think I'd have got where I am today without all that experience. So my advice to young singers is to either join your school or church's choir or find one in your local area. Choral music at any level teaches you so much about musicianship and blending your voice."
Author: Katherine Jenkins
29. "People have always had these weird things about how you have to be really good looking to be a singer."
Author: Kathleen Hanna
30. "Like a groupie incognito posing as a real singer, life imitates art."
Author: Lana Del Rey
31. "With a dreamy sigh, I prop my chin on my fists. "Who knew that one day I'd be on a date with the lead singer from a famous boy band?"He scowls. "Infinite Gray was not a boy band.""Were there any girls in the band?""No.""That makes you a boy band.""It made us an all-male rock group."I bite back my smile. He's so cute when he's irritated. "Right, like 'N Sync."He winces. "Not like 'N Sync. Jesus, watch where you hurl those things. Words hurt, Maggie."
Author: Lexi Ryan
32. "When I'm singing, it's like I'm at home. And music is a great healer. I think I'd have been a basket case if I hadn't been a singer."
33. "I leaned across the table towards the crumb-thrower. "Do that again," I said, loud enough to be heard over the opera singer, Dolly, my mother, and the smell of the breadsticks, "and I will sell your firstborn child to the devil."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
34. "In Hollywood, for me, it's all about the movie stars and the singers. Baseball players don't draw too much attention; we're low key. I'm good with faces and sometimes bad with names, but I'll walk up to somebody if I know who they are... show them some love."
Author: Matt Kemp
35. "I love female singer-songwriters!"
Author: Melissa Benoist
36. "Every time a new rock singer comes out they don't say, 'Are you the new John Lennon?' Every time a new rapper comes out, it's not, 'Are you the new Dre?' I am never sure why this sort of genre, the categorization is so strong. I have not earned the right to be called the young Sinatra, but give me time."
Author: Michael Buble
37. "Pegi just recorded "I Don't Want to Talk About," written by Danny Whitten, the original Crazy Horse guitar player and singer who's all over Early Daze, an album of songs from the beginning of Crazy Horse that I have been working on compiling recently. Danny was every bit the artist I am, but he died of a heroin OD in the early seventies. Every time I hear Pegi sing that song, it makes me tremendously sad. She sings it so beautifully, phrasing it to break my heart. She does it justice. You can see I have some unfinished business with Danny."
Author: Neil Young
38. "In Washington Square, one could still feel the characters of Henry James and the presence of the author himself. Entering the perimeters of the white arch, one was greeted by the sounds of bongos and acoustic guitars, protest singers, political arguments, activists leafleting, older chess players challenged by the young. This open atmosphere was something I had not experienced, simple freedom that did not seem to be oppressive to anyone."
Author: Patti Smith Just Kids
39. "I'm not a singer who plays a bit of drums. I'm a drummer that sings a bit."
Author: Phil Collins
40. "I'm just a very primitive, infantile folk singer."
Author: Robert Wyatt
41. "Man knows, and in the course of years he comes to know it increasingly well, feeling it ever more acutely, that memory is weak and fleeting, and if he doesn't write down what he has learned and experienced, that which he carries within him will perish when he does. This is when it seems everyone wants to write a book. Singers and football players, politicians and millionaires. And if they themselves do not know how, or else lack the time, they commission someone else to do it for them...engendering this reality is the impression of writing as a simple pursuit, though those who subscribe to that view might do well to ponder Thomas Mann's observation that, 'a writer is a man for whom writing is more difficult than it is for others"
Author: Ryszard Kapuściński
42. "My brother is the lead singer of The Torn, and my parents are in a country duo."
Author: Sheridan Smith
43. "I want to be a soul singer."
Author: Solomon Burke
44. "I read an article about Nirvana on one visit, and it didn't have any references to honey mustard dressing or lettuce. They kept talking about the singer's stomach problems all the time, though. It was weird."
Author: Stephen Chbosky
45. "If I wasn't an actor, I'd be a moody folk singer, sitting on stools and being very depressing."
Author: Stephen Mangan
46. "They call her my singer—because her blood sings for me."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
47. "Come indoors then, and open the books on your library shelves. For you have a library and a good one. A working library, a living library; a library where nothing is chained down and nothing is locked up; a library where the songs of the singers rise naturally from the lives of the livers."
Author: Virginia Woolf
48. "Poets to ComePOETS to come! orators, singers, musicians to come!Not to-day is to justify me, and answer what I am for;But you, a new brood, native, athletic, continental, greater than before known,Arouse! Arousefor you must justify meyou must answer.I myself but write one or two indicative words for the future,I but advance a moment, only to wheel and hurry back in the darkness.I am a man who, sauntering along, without fully stopping, turns a casual look upon you, and then averts his face,Leaving it to you to prove and define it,Expecting the main things from you."
Author: Walt Whitman
49. "I think Henry Kissinger grew up with that odd mix of ego and insecurity that comes from being the smartest kid in the class. From really knowing you're more awesomely intelligent than anybody else, but also being the guy who got beaten up for being Jewish."
Author: Walter Isaacson
50. "I felt the weight of the past at the beginning of my career of singer."
Author: Yannick Noah
Quotes About Singer Pictures