Famous Quotes About Sixth Sense
Browse 35 famous quotes and sayings about Sixth Sense.
Top Quotes About Sixth Sense
1. "It has been said, people drawn to law enforcement have a sixth sense, an ability to see what others do not. He prayed he was wrong. His sixth sense said there was much more than a broken heart in Claire's past."
Author: Aleatha Romig
2. "I didn't make 'The Sixth Sense' because I thought the ending wouldn't work!"
Author: Amy Pascal
3. "He released her hand back in her own lap. "Sometimes you give up what you love to stay alive.""Have you ever had to do that?"He turned his head to look at her so long it should have been dangerous, but he seemed to have a sixth sense when it came to the road. "It's coming," he said.And he turned away, driving into the slowly dawning day."
Author: Anne Stuart
4. "After us they'll fly in hot air balloons, coat styles will change, perhaps they'll discover a sixth sense and cultivate it, but life will remain the same, a hard life full of secrets, but happy. And a thousand years from now man will still be sighing, "Oh! Life is so hard!" and will still, like now, be afraid of death and not want to die."
Author: Anton Chekhov
5. "Identify your Radar – it's your brain functioning optimally; not a vague intuition or cosmic sixth sense.Train your Radar in key areas like: evaluating people, personal safety, healthy relationships, physical and mental well-being, money and credit cards, career choice, how to get organized.Meet the Radar Jammers. They have the power to turn down or turn off our clear thinking Radars.?Some are well known: alcohol and drugs, peer pressure, infatuation, sleep deprivation.?Others are surprising: showing off, fake complexity, anger, unthinking religions, the need for speed, dangerous personality disorders, and even fast food!?Learn reasonable approaches and specific techniques to deal with them all."
Author: C.B. Brooks
6. "Could she sense her life as she knew it hanging precariously in the balance? Could she feel his eyes on her? Did she have a sixth sense for monsters? The thought of it made him smile"
Author: C.J. Roberts
7. "Caleb looked at the girl sitting outside the café. Did he even know her anymore? Could she sense her life as she knew it hanging precariously in the balance? Could she feel his eyes on her? Did she have a sixth sense for monsters? The thought made him sad."
Author: C.J. Roberts
8. "By the end of the war, I could pick out Jewish people almost as if I had a sixth sense about it, even if they had blue eyes and blond hair. I would have been a very valuable Gestapo person."
Author: Diet Eman
9. "He (Kris Medlin) has a communication with a force in pitching that most of us can't talk to. It's an awareness; it's a sixth sense. When he steps in and stares in to that catcher, that little man on his shoulder's going to take over and tell him what to do. And he's done it well."
Author: Don Sutton
10. "Don't call me Bistle, yeh sodding half-wit," said the gravely voice, which belonged to a particularly grizzly goblin in black shirt and trousers. "I'm Mr. Saffron when we're on the job. And blast yehr sixth sense. Yeh're just a great coward whenever yeh get in an unfamiliar place. The sooner we get on, the sooner it'll be over and we'll be back to the shack to celebrate."
Author: G. Norman Lippert
11. "But I think we are seeing a resurgence of the graphic ghost story like The Others, Devil's Backbone and The Sixth Sense. It is a return to more gothic atmospheric ghost storytelling."
Author: Guillermo Del Toro
12. "Didn't someone once say, 'A friend to kill time is a friend sublime'?""That was you who said that, no?""Sixth sense, sharp as ever. Right you are."
Author: Haruki Murakami
13. "We each have a sixth sense that is attuned to the oneness dimension in life, providing a means for us to guide our lives in accord with our ideas."
Author: Henry Reed
14. "When we fall asleep, we withdraw our awareness from its hypnotic fascination with physical sensation, thereby enabling us to listen with our now awakening sixth sense."
Author: Henry Reed
15. "The sixth sense is at the core of our experiences. It is what makes experiences out of events."
Author: Henry Reed
16. "I imagine having that sixth sense, the certainty that what I'm looking for is within reach, even if it's still hidden."
Author: Jodi Picoult
17. "Ah, I know," Bridget said. "For sure, you have the sixth sense." Mrs. Glover, wrestling with the plum pudding, snorted her disapproval. She was of the opinion that five senses were too many, let alone adding on another."
Author: Kate Atkinson
18. "Dropped two classes before school even started. It was actually Mom's idea. I had a novel to write. When she read the outline I developed during our move, she said school could wait, the book couldn't. An unexpected statement from her, but she had her own sixth sense. Mine told me if people were unusually good or bad, as if I picked up on a brainwave revealing their overall intentions. Mom could feel truths—and she was never wrong. She felt the truth my book would be published. She even said, mysteriously, it needed to be written. On the first day of college, with several hours between my morning classes and my one night class, I took the opportunity to do some research and planted my butt in a hard plastic"
Author: Kristie Cook
19. "So why don't you tell him you're sorry?" Gaby suggested. "Uh... because he probably never wants to speak to me again?""How do you know? Do you have a fifth sense too?"Scarlett sighed. "No. And I think that's sixth sense.""No, I don't see dead people. It's different."
Author: Lauren Conrad
20. "It is a pity indeed to travel and not get this essential sense of landscape values. You do not need a sixth sense for it. It is there if you just close your eyes and breathe softly through your nose; you will hear the whispered message, for all landscapes ask the same question in the same whisper. 'I am watching you -- are you watching yourself in me?' Most travelers hurry too much...the great thing is to try and travel with the eyes of the spirit wide open, and not to much factual information. To tune in, without reverence, idly -- but with real inward attention. It is to be had for the feeling...you can extract the essence of a place once you know how. If you just get as still as a needle, you'll be there."
Author: Lawrence Durrell
21. "Part of one's despair, of course, is that the world cares nothing for the little shocks endured by the sensitive stickler. While we look in horror at a badly punctuated sign, the world carries on around us, blind to our plight. We are like the little boy in The Sixth Sense who can see dead people, except that we can see dead punctuation. Whisper it in petrified little-boy tones: dead punctuation is invisible to everyone else -- yet we see it all the time. No one understands us seventh-sense people. They regard us as freaks. When we point out illiterate mistakes we are often aggressively instructed to "get a life" by people who, interestingly, display no evidence of having lives themselves. Naturally we become timid about making our insights known, in such inhospitable conditions. Being burned as a witch is not safely enough off the agenda."
Author: Lynne Truss
22. "For instance, 'The Sixth Sense' had mediocre to bad reviews. Slowly, the audience pushed it and it received critical attention."
Author: M. Night Shyamalan
23. "Only the sixth sense can expose what the other five have hidden."
Author: Matthew A. Petti
24. "The truth was that I'd been spending years running away from myself. I hid myself in drama, silliness, stupidity, banality. So afraid to grow up. So afraid to involve myself in relationships where I might be expected to give the same love I got - instead of sixth-grade shenanigans. I bored myself with all the when I grow up nonsense, but I was worried it would never happen even as I longed for it."
Author: Megan Crane
25. "Inventions are not solely the making of material things, inventions are also the mental unleashing of ideas by a genuis with a sixth sense."
Author: Michael Bassey Johnson
26. "I like the old, classic scary movies. I love 'Psycho,' 'The Sixth Sense,' and 'Poltergeist.'"
Author: Miranda Cosgrove
27. "Snyder:There are some things I can just smell. It's like a sixth sense."Giles: Well, actually, that would be one of the five."
Author: Mutant Enemy/Joss Whedon
28. "I am part of a light, and it is the music. The Light fills my six senses: I see it, hear, feel, smell, touch and think. Thinking of it means my sixth sense. Particles of Light are written note. O bolt of lightning can be an entire sonata. A thousand balls of lightening is a concert.. For this concert I have created a Ball Lightning, which can be heard on the icy peaks of the Himalayas."
Author: Nikola Tesla
29. "The one charm about the past is that it is the past. But women never know when the curtain has fallen. They always want a sixth act, and as soon as the interest of the play is entirely over, they propose to continue it. If they were allowed their own way, every comedy would have a tragic ending, and every tragedy would culminate in a farce. They are charmingly artificial, but they have no sense of art."
Author: Oscar Wilde
30. "All women have a perception much more developed than men. So all women somehow, being repressed for so many millennia, they ended up by developing this sixth sense and contemplation and love. And this is something that we have a hard time to accept as part of our society."
Author: Paulo Coelho
31. "Sense of place is the sixth sense, an internal compass and map made by memory and spatial perception together."
Author: Rebecca Solnit
32. "I think with Blair Witch and The Sixth Sense, people are much more open to something that is different."
Author: Sam Mendes
33. "Since extra-sensory perception (ESP) is awareness of the world beyond the senses, it would be inappropriate to term this Sixth Sense ‘extrasensory'."
Author: Stephen Richards
34. "You know that movie, where the little boy says 'I see dead people'?The Sixth Sense.Well, I see them all the time, and I'm getting tired of it. That's what's ruined my mood. Here it is, almost Christmas, and I didn't even think about putting up a tree, because I'm still seeing the autopsy lab in my head. I'm still smelling it on my hands. I come home on a day like this, after two postmortems, and I can't think about cooking dinner. I can't even look at a piece of meat without thinking of muscle fibers. All I can deal with is a cocktail. And then I pour the drink and smell the alcohol, and suddenly there I am, back in the lab. Alcohol, formalin, they both have that same sharp smell."
Author: Tess Gerritsen
35. "She drinks in his nakedness. Her sixth sense of knowing assures her that he is the one she has been waiting for all her life."
Author: Truth Devour
Quotes About Sixth Sense Pictures