Famous Quotes About Sky
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Sky.
Top Quotes About Sky
1. "A step lower and strangeness creeps in: perceiving that the world is "dense", sensing to what a degree a stone is foreign and irreducible to us, with what intensity nature or a landscape can negate us. At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of these trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we had clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise. The primitive hostility of the world rises up to face us across millenia."
Author: Albert Camus
2. "Only the sun is in the sky. Nothing flies. There are no angels here."
Author: Ally Condie
3. "You look like a demented bunny," I told him."What are you doing?""You switched to lemon shampoo."I blinked, thought back to my morning shower,which felt like years ago.He was right.His hands were clenched, but his voice was soft and husky. He turned his head away, was close enough that his hair brushed my cheek."Smells good."
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
4. "All men have stars, but they are not the same things for different people. For some, who are travelers, the stars are guides. For others they are no more than little lights in the sky. For others, who are scholars, they are problems... But all these stars are silent. You-You alone will have stars as no one else has them... In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night..You, only you, will have stars that can laugh! And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me... You will always be my friend. You will want to laugh with me. And you will sometimes open your window, so, for that pleasure... It will be as if, in place of the stars, I had given you a great number of little bells that knew how to laugh"
Author: Antoine De Saint Exupéry
5. "The light in that room was a glow; I seem to remember the color green, or perhaps flowers. A pale green sheet covered his inert body but not his head, which lay (eyes closed, mouth set in a tense and terrible grimace) unmoving. Gianluca. Barely able to see, barely able to stand - my knees kept buckling – and breathing so quietly I thought that I, too, might die; that out of shock, I would just drift away, the shell of my body cracking open. No longer anchored by my brother's love, I would be reabsorbed by sky. Gianluca. If there was never another sound in the world, I would understand – yes, that would be appropriate, it would be fitting. This was the antithesis of music, the antithesis of noise. My brother's death seemed to demand silence of all the world. Gianluca."
Author: Antonella Gambotto Burke
6. "So much time ago, we lovedWe love stillWe will love foreverMy heart was brokenNow it is mendedEach new day begins And my heart singsTo the feel of your loveAnd the beat of your heartAt night I sleepWith you in my heartIt beats only for you my loveEach beat matched by yoursI long for the timeThat we spend togetherEach snatched momentI will treasureYou eyes they shineWith your love for meSo tender and caringSo full of loveIf I cannot have you to myselfI will treasure each moment that we haveForever my darlingYou are my soulOur hearts are linkedBy the bond we shareEach thought we haveWe also careTo you my loveI give my AllMy heart And my soulYou are the stars in the skyThe wind on my faceThe rain in my eyesThe tears on my cheeksYou are the biggest part of meThat I cannot denyAs I sit here with a tear in my eyeA tear of joy shed only for youFor all you areFor all you can beThis I am grateful forTill the day I dieYou are my worldYou are my lifeYou are my soul."
Author: Bethany Walkers
7. "It would be perfect if everyone who makes love, is in love, but this is simply an unrealistic expectation. I'd say 75 percent of the population of people who make love, are not in love, this is simply the reality of the human race, and to be idealistic about this is to wait for the stars to aline and Jupiter to change color; for the Heavens to etch your names together in the sky before you make love to someone. But idealism is immaturity, and as a matter of fact, the stars may never aline, Jupiter may never change color, and the Heavens may never ever etch your names together in the sky for you to have the never-ending permission to make endless love to one another. And so the bottom line is, there really is no difference between doing something today, and doing something tomorrow, because today is what you have, and tomorrow may not turn out the way you expect it to. At the end of the day, sex is an animalistic, humanistic, passionate desire."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
8. "There's a book called"A Dictionary of Angels."No one has opened it in fifty years,I know, because when I did,The covers creaked, the pagesCrumbled. There I discoveredThe angels were once as plentifulAs species of flies.The sky at duskUsed to be thick with them.You had to wave both armsJust to keep them away.Now the sun is shiningThrough the tall windows.The library is a quiet place.Angels and gods huddledIn dark unopened books."
Author: Charles Simic
9. "You don't deserve words, Sky. You deserve actions."
Author: Colleen Hoover
10. "Today I will find something beautiful.Delicate pink blossoms on a cherry tree.The dove resting near the lemon buds.Sunbeams smiling from sky to earth.Smiling on me."Creating" in BREATHE IN"
Author: Eileen Granfors
11. "A whole tree of lightning stood in the sky. She kept looking out the window, suffused with the warmth from the fire and with the pity and beauty and power of her death. The thunder rolled."
Author: Eudora Welty
12. "My theme is memory, that winged host that soared about me one grey morning of war-time. These memories, which are my life—for we possess nothing certainly except the past—were always with me. Like the pigeons of St. Mark's, they were everywhere, under my feet, singly, in pairs, in little honey-voiced congregations, nodding, strutting, winking, rolling the tender feathers of their necks, perching sometimes, if I stood still, on my shoulder or pecking a broken biscuit from between my lips; until, suddenly, the noon gun boomed and in a moment, with a flutter and sweep of wings, the pavement was bare and the whole sky above dark with a tumult of fowl. Thus it was that morning."
Author: Evelyn Waugh
13. "Rather the artist's delight in what becomes, the cheerfulness of artistic creation that defies all misfortune, is merely a bright image of clouds and sky mirrored in a black lake of sadness."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
14. "Gradually the mist had lifted, and the sun burst forth, a ball of fire radiating the sky with unnaturally incandescent hues. Coral was reminded of the strident brushwork and wild colours of the Fauvist paintings that filled her mother's gallery, which Coral had always loved. The scene was now set for the show to begin: the drama in which the broad, breath-taking landscapes of Africa were the stage and the animals the actors."
Author: Hannah Fielding
15. "But the past is passed; why moralize upon it? Forget it. See, yon bright son has forgotten it all, and the blue sea, and the blue sky; these have turned over new leaves.Because they have no memory . . . because they are not human."
Author: Herman Melville
16. "You didn't think I really liked you? Do you think I really like you now?"He turned toward her, uncertainty in his face."You did go quite a lot of effort to be having this conversation, but... I don't want to read too much of what I hope into that."Val stretched out beside him, resting her head in the crook of his arm. "What do you hope?"He pulled her close, hands careful not to touch her wounds as they wrapped around her. "I hope that you feel for me as I do for you," he said, his voice like a sigh against her throat.And how is that?" she asked, her lips so close to his jaw that she could taste the salt of his skin when she moved them.You carried my heart in your hands tonight," he said. "But I have felt as if you carried it long before that."She smiled and let her eyes drift closed. They lay there together, under the bridge, city lights burning outside the windows like a sky full of falling stars, as they slid off into sleep"
Author: Holly Black
17. "Somewhere, a rattlesnake strike makes the dance begin. Three hawks float in the light blue sky overhead. Crows caw and the sweet seduction of lavender fills my head. And she waltzes through my thoughts."
Author: Hunter S. Jones
18. "Watching the moon at midnight, solitary, mid-sky, I knew myself completely, no part left out."
Author: Izumi Shikibu
19. "Death is the night sky, the background against which the fleeting fireworks of life are displayed, an empty stage upon which the drama of life is played."
Author: James Rozoff
20. "I kiss like a skyscraper meets the sky, only with less scraping and more vertigo."
Author: Jarod Kintz
21. "[...] with the protecting sky in all its splendour and the golden sun blazing forth against a backdrop of crystalline blue, to use the inspired words of a television reporter[...]."
Author: José Saramago
22. "The queen of the sky told him that in death there is no satisfaction. Only pain will find you. So he asked her when the pain would lessen. The queen told him never. The pain is what shows us how much we loved them. If you truly love someone, then the pain of their loss will always be in your heart. (Nora)"
Author: Kinley MacGregor
23. "You had two prerequisites." Regin plopped down on a snowbank. "And I do believe I have Russian ex-mil contacts, and I speak the language-""Oh, come on! I've since learned that you do not by any stretch. You think Dostoyevsky is Russian for ‘How ‘s it hanging?'"She blinked up at Kaderin as she paced by. "Then how do you say it?""I-don't-know.""Then how do you know it's not Dostoyevsky? No. Really." She blew a bubble with her gum – possibly the first to do so at this location – but it flash-froze, and she had to crunch it back to gum consistency with her molars. "Obi-Wan, I was your only hope."(Kaderin and Regin)"
Author: Kresley Cole
24. "There the rose of joy bloomed immortal by dale and stream; clouds never darkened the sunny sky; sweet bells never jangled out of tune; and kindred spirits abounded."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
25. "Home"It would take forever to get therebut I would know it anywhere:My white horse grazing in my blossomy field.Its soft nostrils. The petalsfalling from the trees into the stream.The festival would be about to beginin the dusky village in the distance. The doefrozen at the edge of the grove:She leaps. She vanishes. My face—She has taken it. And my name—(Although the plaintive lark in the tallgrass continues to say and to say it.)Yes. This is the place.Where my shining treasure has been waiting.Where my shadow washes itself in my fountain.A few graves among the roses. Some mosson those. An ancientbell in a steeple down the roadmaking no sound at allas the monk pulls and pulls on the rope."
Author: Laura Kasischke
26. "Naucila jsem se, že si musíte udelat cas na to, co je duležité. Musíte bojovat o to, abyste si do života vtesnali malé kousky štestí, nebo vás každodenní starosti sežerou."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
27. "But Dostoevsky does allow himself to ask just this very question: whether our reason has any right to judge between the possible and the impossible."
Author: Lev Shestov
28. "She couldn't imagine how she could have forgotten a man this attractive. His features were strong and decisively formed, too masculine to be called beautiful, too striking to be ordinary. And his eyes were the rich sky-blue of morning glories, even more intense against the sun-glazed color of his skin. There was something extraordinary about him, a kind of barely leashed vitality that nearly caused her to take a step backward, the force of it was so strong."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
29. "It is very risky. But each time a child opens a book, he pushes open the gate that separates him from Elsewhere."
Author: Lois Lowry
30. "Family, that slippery word, a star to every wandering bark, and everyone sailing under a different sky."
Author: Mark Haddon
31. "I'm a really cautious person, so I don't let myself get into near-death experiences. I'm not into the idea of skydiving or anything."
Author: Mary Elizabeth Winstead
32. "Some of the best news stories start in gossip. Monica Lewinsky certainly was gossip in the beginning. I had heard it months before I printed it."
Author: Matt Drudge
33. "Oh, we will know, won't we?The stars will explode in the skyOh, but they don't, do they?Stars have their moment and then they die"
Author: Nick Cave
34. "What is it about stars that you love so much?" he asks.That answer comes quickly. "Because they're infinite. They're miracles, and anything is possible when you look out into the massive space that goes on and on." Because I want that. I want to explore and see what's out there and feel as free as those stars in the sky."
Author: Nyrae Dawn
35. "And the marvellous rose became crimson, like the rose of the eastern sky. Crimson was the girdle of petals, and crimson as a ruby was the heart"
Author: Oscar Wilde
36. "From the sky, everything looked fake. The buildings were doll houses. The cars were Matchbox racers. People scuttled about, but they weren't really people anymore. Their little lives meant absolutely nothing from this altitude."
Author: P.S. Baber
37. "The sky hides the night behind it, and shelters the people beneath from the horror that lies above."
Author: Paul Bowles
38. "Her eyes were wide-set and there was thinking room between them. Their color was lapis-lazuli blue and the color of her hair was dusky red, like a fire under control but still dangerous. She was too tall to be cute. She wore plenty of make-up in the right places and the cigarette she was poking at me had a built-on mouthpiece about three inches long. She didn't look hard, but she looked as if she had heard all the answers and remembered the ones she thought she might be able to use sometime."
Author: Raymond Chandler
39. "As Vivi drove, it seemed that not only the Ya-Ya's bodies but the earth and sky were sweating. The very air they breathed was almost a juice. Moonlight spilled down into the convertible, onto the four friends' shoulders and knees and on the tops of their heads, so that their hair seemed to have little sparks shooting off it. Vivi had no idea at all where she was headed, but she knew that whatever direction she went, her friends would go with her."
Author: Rebecca Wells
40. "Today You Soar"Like the grand eagle, you spread your wingsAnd put forth the effort to do great things.Looking skyward you dared to challenge the wind,Harnessing power to help you ascend.With an eye on the goal, fixed in flight,You climbed to an impressive height.Undaunted by gusts and unkind gails,You never gave up and would not fail.So now you've reached where few even tryAs the eagle high in a glorious sky.Not superior, but grand.Not proud, but sure.Not a cub, wolf, or bear but an eagle pure.Today you soar."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
41. "You said you were having a dream." "It's true, I did." "Was it the one where you're inside the girl and you are pumping her and pumping her and you are so happy but then it turns out it's not a girl, it's really one of those super poisonous box jellyfish, and it stings you and you are screaming and screaming and the sky rains the diarrhea of babies?" "The . . . no, I don't think so." "I get that sometimes. Anyway, see you around."
Author: Sam Lipsyte
42. "We all have one idea of what the color blue is, but pressed to describe it specifically, there are so many ways: the ocean, lapis lazuli, the sky, someone's eyes. Our definitions are as different as we are ourselves."
Author: Sarah Dessen
43. "Wow, Angela and Holly," Ash said, sounding awed. "Hot." "Excuse me, what is wrong with you?" Kami demanded. "Other people's sexuality is not your spectator sport." Ash paused. "Of course," he said. "But—" "No!" Kami exclaimed. "No buts. That's my best friend you're talking about. Your first reaction should not be ‘Hot.' " "It's not an insult," Ash protested. "Oh, okay," Kami said. "In that case, you're going to give me a minute. I'm picturing you and Jared. Naked. Entwined." There was a pause. Then Jared said, "He is probably my half brother, you know." "I don't care," Kami informed him. "All you are to me are sex objects that I choose to imagine bashing together at random. Oh, there you go again, look at that, nothing but Lynburn skin as far as the mind's eye can see. Masculine groans fill the air, husky and...""Stop it," Ash said in a faint voice. "That isn't fair."
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
44. "Risky, thought Paul D, very risky. For a used-to-be-slave woman to love anything that much was dangerous, especially if it was her children she had settled on to love. The best thing, he knew, was to love just a little bit; everything, just a little bit, so when they brok its back, or shoved it in a croaker sack, well, maybe you'd have a little love left over for the next one."
Author: Toni Morrison
45. "Lightning struck, the sky roared, and the night cried a giant's tears, thunderous and inconsolable."
Author: Vaddey Ratner
46. "She looked up. "A world of nevers under a never sky."She fit in well then, he thought. A girl who never shut up."
Author: Veronica Rossi
47. "The sky was so heartless and dark, and her body, her head, and particularly those damned thirsty trousers, felt clogged with Oceanus Nox, n,o,x. At every slap and splash of cold wild salt, she heaved with anise-flavored nausea and there was an increasing number, okay, or numbness in her neck and arms. As she began losing track of herself, she thought it proper to inform a series of receding Lucettes -- telling them to pass it on and on in a trick-crystal regression -- that what death amounted to was only a more complete assortment of the infinite fractions of solitude."
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
48. "You are the only beautiful thing that has ever come close to me. You came line an angel out of the sky. You are like the music you sing, you are like the stars and the snow on the mountains where I played when I was a little boy. You are like all tha they have killed in me. I die for you tonight, tomorrrow, for all eternity. I am not a cowaqrd; I was afraid cause I lovey ou more than Christ who died for me, more than I am afraid of hell, or hope for heaven. I was never afraid before."
Author: Willa Cather
49. "It's a half-moon tonight and it's shinin' half-bright as if the sky could understand the way I feel inside-Half of me is livin' half a world from here, half of me is dyin', cryin' one lonely tear silently in the half-moon light Sparrow. Nothing will be completely right until you're with me."
Author: Willow Aster
50. "Basically, being alive means keeping yourself ready for the sky to fall in on you at any time. If you start from the assumption that existence is only an ordeal, a test we have to pass, then you're equipped to deal with its sorrows and its surprises. If you persist in expecting it to give you something it can't give, that just proves that you haven't understood anything. Take things as they come; don't turn them into a drama. You're not piloting the ship, you're following the course of your destiny."
Author: Yasmina Khadra
Quotes About Sky Pictures