Famous Quotes About Slowly Drifting Apart
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Slowly Drifting Apart.
Top Quotes About Slowly Drifting Apart
1. "The soul is "torn apart in a painful condition as long as it prefers the eternal because of its Truth but does not discard the temporal because of familiarity."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
2. "Any ideal system is its own worst enemy, and as soon as you start to implement these visions of grandeur, they just fall apart and turn into a complete tyranny."
Author: Ben Nicholson
3. "If people feel lost and alone and helpless and broken and hopeless today, what will it be like if the world really begins to come apart at the hinges?"
Author: Brandon Andress
4. "Vengeous scowled. 'As you can see,' he said, 'you are vastly outnumbered.'I usually am.'Your situation has become quite untenable.'It usually does.'You are within moments of being swarmed by these filthy creatures of undeath and torn apart in a maelstrom of pain and fury.'Skulduggery paused. 'Okay, that's a new one on me."
Author: Derek Landy
5. "Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies."
Author: Dorothy Allison
6. "Hey. Do you want a cracker?" a velvet voice asked me. I didn't look up, I wasn't sure if he was even talking to me. Why would an attractive senior be talking to me?"Hey, I'm talking to you," he said, a chuckle in his voice. I slowly lifted my head peering at him from under my long lashes. His dark brown hair swept across his forehead, and his deep blue eyes made me gasp. He wore the ultimate laid back style, a white t-shirt and jeans. All he needed was a black leather jacket, and he would be the bad boy from my book. The smile on his face was breathtaking and I found myself unable to speak."
Author: Felicia Tatum
7. "Here comes the sun, here comes the sun And I say it's all right Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here Here comes the sun, here comes the sun And I say it's all right Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here Here comes the sun, here comes the sun And I say it's all right Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Little darlin' I feel the ice is slowly meltin' Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been clear Here come the sun, here comes the sun And I say it's all right Here come the sun, here comes the sun It's all right, it's all right"
Author: George Harrison
8. "Loretta folded her arms. She felt like a heroine in a movie, confronted by a jealous husband in a kitchen while outside the camera is aching to draw back and show a wonderland of adventures waiting for her—long, frantic rides on trains, landscapes of wounded soldiers, a lovely white desert across which a camel caravan draped voluptuously in veils moves slowly with a kind of mincing melancholy, the steamy jungles of India opening before British officers in white, young officers, the mysteries of English drawing-rooms cracking before the quick, humorless smirk of a wise young woman from America. . . ."
Author: Joyce Carol Oates
9. "I'd allowed myself to feel love –yes, love– for another person in a way I'd once sworn to myself I never would. I'd become completely vulnerable, and now I'd been torn apart with hurt and catapulted onto a path I might never have taken otherwise. I'd risked my life for an outsider. For a stranger. Worse, I had a feeling I was going to do it again."
Author: Kate Avery Ellison
10. "Now there was nothing but awful, terrible silence. Sight is a sense outside and apart from the body, an image on the surface of the eye. But sound enters the ears, the head, it lives inside. In sound's absence, silence echoes."
Author: Margaret Weis
11. "I've definitely grown apart from a lot of my friends. Some of them don't understand the schedule, and it's not that I don't want to talk to them, it's that sometimes I am really busy and can't get back to them."
Author: Mila Kunis
12. "Night was spreading slowly around the spinning Earth. It should have been full of pinpricks of light. It was not. There were five billion people down there. What was going to happen soon would make barbarism look like a picnic - hot, nasty, and eventually given over to the ants."
Author: Neil Gaiman
13. "Both my father and mother were survivors of the Warsaw Ghetto and the Nazi concentration camps. Apart from my parents, every family member on both sides was exterminated by the Nazis."
Author: Norman Finkelstein
14. "I think I've done everything on 'The X Factor' apart from the cleaning."
Author: Olly Murs
15. "Being apart from you is killing me. I feellost without you."
Author: S.C. Stephens
16. "What Karen wants to do - needs to do - is cry, but she can't. Here, alone, when she could howl, beat the sofa cushions, scream; now, somehow, she is unable. It's for fear that if she gives in to it, she'll lose all sense of who she is. She is afraid that if she falls apart in private, then she'll fall apart completely. That if she crumbles, like a house in an earthquake, she will disappear down some deep, dark crevasse, and never be able to pull herself out and put herself back together again."
Author: Sarah Rayner
17. "All of a sudden, he began to laugh. Had I said something funny? Had he? How long had I been spacing out for, slowly growing conscious that my fate was in the hands of a group of college kids who'd kill me off just for a laugh. Little did they realize that I was organizing a revolt."
Author: The Harvard Lampoon
18. "I didn't look at any of the newspapers, I look at the pictures sometimes, but apart from that I don't read them."
Author: Tom Daley
19. "Maybe his grief was like her wounded arm. Slowly healing. Gradually becoming les consuming as life delivered other worries and other joys. Other sources of pain and happiness. She wanted that for him. More life. More happiness."
Author: Veronica Rossi
Quotes About Slowly Drifting Apart Pictures