Famous Quotes About Smile In Your Eyes
Browse 38 famous quotes and sayings about Smile In Your Eyes.
Top Quotes About Smile In Your Eyes
1. "Come here, Grimaud," said Athos. To punish you for having spoken without leave my friend, you must eat this piece of paper: then, to reward you for the service which you will have rendered us, you shall afterwards drink this glass of wine. Here is the letter first: chew it hard." Grimaud smiled, and with his eyes fixed on the glass which Athos filled to the very brim, chewed away at the paper, and finally swallowed it. "Bravo, Master Grimaud!" said Athos. "and now take this. Good! I will dispense with your saying thank you." Grimaud silently swallowed the glass of Bordeaux; but during the whole time that this pleasant operation lasted, his eyes, which were fixed upon the heavens, spoke a language which, though mute, was not therefore the least expressive."
Author: Alexandre Dumas
2. "Behind this smile in my faceLies the dark shadow of emptinessHiding from your eyes within my gazeConcealed with sham happiness."
Author: Alexia Chase
3. "I could win you a goldfish.""I don't think that's be fair to the goldfish," Gemma said. "I've had about a dozen of them, and they all seem to die within days of me getting them.""Oh, yeah." Alex smiled crookedly. "I remember you making your dad bury them out in the backyard.""They were my pets, and they deserved a proper burial.""I better be careful around you." Alex stepped back from her cautiously, giving her a wide berth. "You're a goldfish mass murderer. I don't know what you're capable of.""Stop!" Gemma laughed. "I didn't kill them on purpose! I was little. I think I overfed them. Out of love, though.""That's even scarier," he teased. "Do you plan to kill me with kindness?""Maybe." She narrowed her eyes at him and tried to look menacing, making him laugh."
Author: Amanda Hocking
4. "TEAI like pouring your tea, liftingthe heavy pot, and tipping it up,so the fragrant liquid streams in your china cup.Or when you're away, or at work,I like to think of your cupped hands as you sip,as you sip, of the faint half-smile of your lips.I like the questions – sugar? – milk? –and the answers I don't know by heart, yet,for I see your soul in your eyes, and I forget.Jasmine, Gunpowder, Assam, Earl Grey, Ceylon,I love tea's names. Which tea would you like? I saybut it's any tea for you, please, any time of day,as the women harvest the slopesfor the sweetest leaves, on Mount Wu-Yi,and I am your lover, smitten, straining your tea."
Author: Carol Ann Duffy
5. "Izzy," said Jace, as they neared the pond, and she jumped up and spun around. Her smile was dazzling."Jace!" She flew at him and hugged him. Now that was the way sisters were supposed to act, Clary thought. Not all stiff and weird and peculiar, but happy and loving. Watching Jace hug Isabelle, she tried to school her features into a happy and loving expression."Are you all right?" Simon asked, with some concern. "Your eyes are crossing.""I'm fine." Clary abandoned the attempt."Are you sure? You looked sort of… contorted."
Author: Cassandra Clare
6. "She smiled as she poured tea into his cup. "I hope you find your rooms comfortable?""Quite." He took a too-hasty sip of tea and scalded his tongue."The view is to your liking?"He had a view of a brick wall. "Indeed."She fluttered her eyelashes at him over the rim of her teacup. "And the bed. Is it soft and… yielding?"He nearly choked on the bite of cake he'd just taken."Or do you prefer a firmer bed?" she asked sweetly. "One that refuses to yield too soon?""I think"—he narrowed his eyes at her—"whatever mattress I have on the bed you gave me is perfect. But tell me, my lady, what sort of mattress do you prefer? All soft goose down or one that's a bit… harder?"It was very fast, but he saw it: Her gaze flashed down to the juncture of his thighs and then up again. If there hadn't been anything to see there before, there certainly was now."Oh, I like a nice stiff mattress," she purred. "Well warmed and ready for a long ride."
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
7. "All's well that ends well.''Assuming there's an end somewhere,' Aomame said.Tamaru formed some short creases near his mouth that were faintly reminiscent of a smile. 'There has to be an end somewhere. It's just that nothing's labeled "This is the end." Is the top rung of a ladder labeled "This is the last rung. Please don't step higher than this'?"Aomame shook her head.'It's the same thing,' Tamaru said.Aomame said, 'If you use common sense and keep your eyes open, it becomes clear enough where the end is.'Tamaru nodded. 'And even if it doesn't' -- he made a falling gesture with his finger -- 'the end is right there."
Author: Haruki Murakami
8. "After a long night at a tropical beach and bar,I helped a drunken couple find their cabin in the early morning darkness. The husband remarked that he is only happy when he is drunk. (I am not sure what to make of that.)When I hear birds serenading the gift of a new day,When I watch the trees sway like fields of wheat,and feel a warm wind ruffle my hair and caress my face,When I see clouds slowly drift and turn like leaves floating on a meandering stream,I know joy. When I hear your sweet voice and see your generous smile, When I gently pull you closer and inhale your perfume,which harks back wonderful memories of love and joy,When I gaze into your eyes, azure pools that draw me in,and gently kiss your crimson lips, When you are lying next to me with your hand on my chest and we feel intimately connected, as if your body is my body, your heart is my heart and our souls are intermingled,I know happiness,I know love."
Author: Jeffrey A. White
9. "Hayden gave me a lopsided smile before turning to Olivia. "Aunt Liz is baking cookies."Her eyes lit up like someone shoved a diamond in her face. "Cookies? Coca chip?""Uh-huh, but isn't it your bedtime?" asked Hayden. "You probably missed out on the chance.""Nooo." She dragged the word out, eyes wide.I shook my head, smiling. "So wrong."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
10. "I am intrigued by the smile upon your face, and the sadness within your eyes"
Author: Jeremy Aldana
11. "He touched my cheek softly, his eyes intense as they gazed into mine."You might have to teach me a little about the human world, but I'm willing to learn if it means being close to you." He smiled again, a wry quirk of his lips. "I'm sure I can adapt to 'being human' if I must. If you want me to attend classes as a student, I can do that. If you want to move to a large city to pursue your dreams, I will follow. And if, someday, you wish to be married in a white gown and make this official in human eyes I'm willing to do that, too." He leaned in, close enough for me to see my reflection in his silver gaze." For better or worse, I'm afraid you're stuck with me now."
Author: Julie Kagawa
12. "Oftentimes we call Life bitter names, but only when we ourselves are bitter and dark. And we deem her empty and unprofitable, but only when the soul goes wandering in desolate places, and the heart is drunken with overmindfulness of self.Life is deep and high and distant; and though only your vast vision can reach even her feet, yet she is near; and though only the breath of your breath reaches her heart, the shadow of your shadow crosses her face, and the echo of your faintest cry becomes a spring and an autumn in her breast.And life is veiled and hidden, even as your greater self is hidden and veiled. Yet when Life speaks, all the winds become words; and when she speaks again, the smiles upon your lips and the tears in your eyes turn also into words. When she sings, the deaf hear and are held; and when she comes walking, the sightless behold her and are amazed and follow her in wonder and astonishment."
Author: Kahlil Gibran
13. "I need a bath." He chuckled. "You smell of smoke, as do I." The duke turned, leaning heavily on his cane. "Jameson, open the carriage door. We shall return to the house." Beth smiled up at Christian. "Shall we adjourn to the house to get some ointment for your hands and a bath, my love?" His eyes lit. "A bath?" Grandfather snorted. "Someone send to London for a special license! Now."
Author: Karen Hawkins
14. "I love you. I love the way you rub the scar on the back of your hand when you're nervous. I love the way you make a sword into a living part of your body. I love the way you burn your eyes into me, as if you're seeing me fresh every time. I love the black streak in you that wants to kill the world, and the soft streak that is sorry afterward. I love the way you laugh, as if you're surprised that you can laugh at all. I love the way you kiss my breath away. I love the way you breathe and speak and smile. I love the way you take the air out of my lungs when you hold me. I love the way you make a dance out of death. I love the confusion I see in your eyes when you realize you are happy. I love every muscle and bone in your body, every twist and bend in your soul."
Author: Kate Quinn
15. "Time moves on for us, for you it stands still. You will be forever ageless as we grow old, your smile will never wrinkle, nor will that shine in your eyes fade.."
Author: Kendal Rob
16. "I'm smile when I look into your eyes; yet, I'm still not Okay."
Author: Kent Ian N. Cny
17. "A couple of minutes later I was surprised when the figure that came back was . . . not him. It was Arianna, holding something bulky draped over her arm.She opened my door, and I got out. "Where's Lend? I'm supposed to wait for him.""Nope." She smiled bigger than I'd ever seen her smile before, and suddenly I was a touch nervous. What if she was working with Nona and the faeries? "You were waiting for me. Now, strip.""I—What?""You heard me. Strip. Take off your coat, shirt, and pants. You can leave your bra, for all the good it does you."I noticed then that the bulky thing over her arm was a garment bag. Aha! "Ar, listen, I don't feel that way about you. You're not my type.""Oh, shut up, take your clothes off, and close your eyes.""Again, not something I was hoping to hear from you tonight."Her smile was replaced by an annoyed scowl. "DO IT NOW."
Author: Kiersten White
18. "Lady Katsa, is it?" "Yes, Lord Prince.""I've heard you have one eye green as the Middluns grasses, and the other eye blue as the sky.""Yes, Lord Prince.""I've heard you can kill a man with the nail of your smallest finger."She smiled. "Yes, Lord Prince.""Does it make it easier?""I don't understand you.""To have beautiful eyes. Does it lighten the burden of your Grace, to know you have beautiful eyes?"
Author: Kristin Cashore
19. "Oh, now my Erin, she'd smile down on me no matter where I walked." Grandpop smiled that little smile again. "But I'd be separated from her, and I'd feel that separation in my soul, you see?"Nathan shook his head.Grandpop sighed. "You have the Irish eyes, boy. One of these days, you'll see from eyes, not your own, feel with a heart outside your chest. Wild Irish eyes. Nathan. When you love, love well and love true, and take care, lad, because those Irish eyes are windows into not just your own soul, but the soul of the one you love." Grandpop looked out at his Erin's grave."And when you lose that heart, you can't leave the places where your memories are the best. And if I left her, I'd not be buried beside her."
Author: Lora Leigh
20. "When I was a boy, I went to war searching for glory. I didn't find it. I came here, thinking I'd find glory if I built a ranching empire or a thriving town. Instead I discovered that I didn't even know what glory was, not until you smiled at me for the first time with no fear in your eyes... A hundred years from now, everything I've worked so hard to build will be nothing more than dust blowing in the wind, but if I can spend my life loving you, I'll die a wealthy man, a contented man.-Dallas to Dee"
Author: Lorraine Heath
21. "Elizabeth," Jamie began gruffly, "there is aught I would speak of with you." She lifted an eyebrow at his lordly tone. "Go ahead." "It may take me a few hours to accustom myself to these possible future ways, but that does not mean I am weak or stupid." Hours? She smiled. "I know that Jamie." "Nor does that mean I have ceased being your lord. You will obey me in all things, as always." "Of course, Jamie," she said meekly. "And should you demand knowledge about this or that, I would give it to you because you required it, not because I thought you didn't know the answer already." "Of course,"Jamie said arrogantly. "There would be no other reason to question you." Elizabeth suppressed her smile and was thankful that she was riding behind him so he didn't see the twinkle in her eyes. Heavens what an ego her husband had."
Author: Lynn Kurland
22. "You are funny like a kid and awesome like a princessUnseen like an angel, like the morning sunshine… Kindness like a river and highness like a mountain, In the middle of the Rheine, the cute face and sweet lips …(La la la la, La la , mmmm , mm …)Keep the lovely smile, in your juicy icy eyes Open the heaven for my eyes, forever angel voice Never angry never harsh, never mad never marsh Dear or darling, either diamond or dime, Overall the dream of the world"
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
23. "Now tell me the truth," he said. "Why are you doing this?" She cringe from him. "I told you why." "I know you still love me." He smiled. "I can see it in your face." Mimi sneered. "We are with Lucifer now; we have always been false." "I don't believe it for one second," Kingsley whispered, looking into her eyes tenderly."
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
24. "A sad fact widely knownThe most impassionate songTo a lonely soulIs so easily outgrownBut dont forget the songsThat made you smileAnd the songs that made you cryWhen you lay in aweOn the bedroom floorAnd said : oh, oh, smother me mother...No ...Rubber ring, rubber ring, rubber ring, rubber ringLa ...The passing of timeAnd all of its crimesIs making me sad againThe passing of timeAnd all of its sickening crimesIs making me sad againBut dont forget the songsThat made you cryAnd the songs that saved your lifeYes, youre older nowAnd youre a clever swineBut they were the only ones who ever stood by youThe passing of time leaves empty livesWaiting to be filled (the passing ...)The passing of timeLeaves empty livesWaiting to be filledIm here with the causeIm holding the torchIn the corner of your roomCan you hear me ? And when youre dancing and laughingAnd finally livingHear my voice in your headAnd think of me kindly"
25. "Hi, Dean," Allie says breathlessly."Hey, Allie." His voice is like hot water sliding over a polished floor. "How's that boyfriend of yours treating you?"Allie smiles, her face getting a little pink. "Really well, thanks.""Good." Dean reaches out to give my long ponytail a gentle tug. "And how's that husband of yours treating you, Liv?"I meet his gaze, my heart thumping at the potent combi- nation of heat and tenderness in his eyes. "He does all right.""Guess he'd better work harder, huh?""Couldn't hurt.""God, you two. Get a room." Allie fans herself with a magazine and rolls her eyes."
Author: Nina Lane
26. "Girl lithe and tawny, the sun that formsthe fruits, that plumps the grains, that curls seaweedsfilled your body with joy, and your luminous eyesand your mouth that has the smile of the water.A black yearning sun is braided into the strandsof your black mane, when you stretch your arms.You play with the sun as with a little brookand it leaves two dark pools in your eyes."
Author: Pablo Neruda
27. "Samira's guards are coming for you. You're being summoned. Didn't you hear the horn? Come on, they'll be here any second looking for you." I bit my lip to hold back a smile of my own at why we hadn't heard the horn."Summoning me …""Your guess is as good as mine, now come on. Cam, for crying out loud, fix your hair." She cocked her eyebrow and gave me the I-know-you've-been-messing-around look. "And you," she shot Gavin the same look, "zip up your fly, Don Juan." She rolled her eyes and turned for the door."
Author: Rachael Wade
28. "When you smile it looks like God is smiling. . When you close your eyes it looks like an evening . . When you open your eyes it looks like a morning. . When you touch me it looks like an positive energy is running my all body. . When you spent your time with me it looks like i am in heaven. . . Do you know why ? Coz i am in love with you. . I love you."
Author: Raj Kumar
29. "This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
30. "Don't do that!" she exclaimed, shivering at the realization that it had been his fingers touching her.He gave her his lazy, slightly twisted smile and brushed a few pieces of unruly black hair out of his face."Are you asking me or ordering me?""Shut up." She glanced around, both to avoid his eyes and make sure no one saw them together."What's the matter? Worried about what your slaves'll think if they see you talking to me?""They're my friends," she retorted."Oh.Right. Of course they are. I mean, from what I saw, Camille would probably do anything for you, right? Friends till the end." He crossed his arms over his chest, and in spite of her anger, she couldn't help but notice how the silvery gray of his shirt set off his black hair and blue eyes.(Lissa&Christian)"
Author: Richelle Mead
31. "I was glad my father was an eye-smiler. It meant he never gave me a fake smile because it's impossible to make your eyes twinkle if you aren't feeling twinkly yourself. A mouth-smile is different. You can fake a mouth-smile any time you want, simply by moving your lips. I've also learned that a real mouth-smile always has an eye-smile to go with it. So watch out, I say, when someone smiles at you but his eyes stay the same. It's sure to be a phony."
Author: Roald Dahl
32. "Do you think me horselike, my lord?"Realizing the threat to his personage, Blackmoor wiped the smile from his face and replied, "Not at all. I said I think you charming.""A fine start.""And I appreciate your exuberance." His eyes glitered with barely contained laughter."Like that of a child." Hers sparkled with irritation."And, of course, you are entertaining.""Excellent. Like the aforementioned child's toy."He couldn't hide a chuckle. "Not at all. You are a far better companion than any of the toys I had as a child.""Oh, I am most flattered.""You should be. I had some tremendous toys."
Author: Sarah MacLean
33. "I like the way you look at me," I said seriously. "Sometimes when you do, your eyes light up, and I think maybe I could be Lucky enough for you to care about a fucked up asshole like me.""That's love, you know," Raine said with a smile. "I see it in your eyes when you look at me, too."
Author: Shay Savage
34. "Did A tell you your eyes remind me of blown glass? I can see your soul through those eyes, Amy. They get darker when you're trying to be sexy and shine when you smile. And when you think you're in trouble you blink double the amount that you usually do. And when your sad the corners of your eyes turn down. I miss your eyes. And I don't want the sad ones to be my last memory of you."
Author: Simone Elkeles
35. "What I don't get is how this helps me. You two get superpowers, and I get what?"Cian smiled broadly. "You have a power, Meggie. You have a magical pussy. It was sleeping with you together that brought us into our power. That vagina of yours is pure gold, lover." Meg gave Cian a playful shove and rolled her eyes while he and his brother had a good laugh."Don't go expecting to use it on anyone else," Beck said as though the thought had suddenly occurred to him. "That only works on the two of us."Meg walked up to him and gave him a saucy smile. "Yes, Beck, I was planning on opening up shop. I was going to hang a sign on the cottage door and charge for it."
Author: Sophie Oak
36. "You've gone mad. What's driven you to this nonsense?""You have," he snarled. "You, with your pretty gray eyes and your smile and the way you speak your mind. The sound of your laugh, your tears when something makes you sad." He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to imagine anyone else who had ever made him feel the way he did when he was with her. Emptiness looked back at him. There wasn't anyone else. "You're the only woman I've ever… liked."
Author: Suzanne Enoch
37. "Juliette"I inhale too quickly. A stifled cough is balloning in my throat. His glassy green eyes glint in my direction. "Are you not hungry?" "No, thank you."He licks his bottom lip into a smile. "Don't confuse stupidity for bravery, love. I know you haven't eaten anything in days."Something in my patioence snaps. "I'd rather die than eat your food and listen to you call me love," I tell him. Adam drops his fork. Warner spares him a swift glance and when he looks at my way again his eyes have hardened. He holds my gaze fo a few infinitely long seconds before he pulls a gun out of his jacket pocket. He fires."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
38. "You will be the first test subject, Tobias. Beatrice, however...." She smiles. "You are too injured to be of much use to me, so your execution will occur at the conclusion of this meeting."I try to hide the shudder that goes through me at the word "execution," my shoulder screaming with pain, and look up at Tobias. It's hard to blink tears back when I see the terror in Tobias's wide, dark eyes."No," says Tobias. His voice trembles, but his look stern as he shakes his head. "I would rather die.""I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice in that matter," replies Jeanine lightly.Tobias takes my face in this hands roughly and kisses me, the pressure of his lips pushing mine apart. I forget my pain and the terror of approaching death and for a moment, I am grateful that the memory of that kiss will be fresh in my mind as I meet my end."
Author: Veronica Roth
Quotes About Smile In Your Eyes Pictures