Famous Quotes About Smile
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Smile.
Top Quotes About Smile
1. "Ambrose's eyes shoot back to Charlotte and he nods. "She's changed, hasn't she? Charlotte, I mean.""Um, besides growing her hair long she doesn't seem to have changed much to me," I say, trying not to smile. "Why?""It's just that she seems so... in charge. I mean, she's always had her act together, but ever since she's been back she's seemed more confident or something. And now that she's Vincent's second... I guess I've always thought of her as a little sister. You know, the huggable kind you want to take care of. But now that I see her working with him and taking control... I mean... the girl is fierce."Ambrose's face shines with respect and a sort of curious awe, and I have to restrain myself from jumping up and cheering for the fact that it has finally happened. He has finally noticed what was right under his nose."
Author: Amy Plum
2. "She tried to smile sympathetically, but with her face it wasn't quite possible."
Author: Anthony Horowitz
3. "So many times LOVE knock the door..When door opened, it smiled & ran away.."
Author: Arafath Shanas
4. "How was your night?" I asked, my voice carefully neutral as I attempted to break the ice. My spying adventures still hung uncomfortably between us. "Interesting.Yours?""Not so much.""Homework was brutal,huh?"He was making fun of me. "I didn´t do homework." He had the smile of a fow. "Who did you do?" I was speechless a moment. I stood there with my mouth slightly open. "Was that an innuendo?" "Just curious what my competition is.""Grow upp." His smile stretched. "Loosen up."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
5. "Patch smiled. "You come by your red hairnaturally?"I stared at him. "I don't have red hair.""I hate to break it to you, but it's red. I could light iton fire and it wouldn't turn any redder."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
6. "Patch's eyes made a slow assessment of me, sharpening to vivid black. "I'm going to have a hard time sending you off with Scott in that dress. Just a heads-up: If you come home and the dress looks even slightly tampered with, I will track Scott down, and when I find him, it won't be pretty.""I'll relay the message.""If you tell me where he's hiding, I'll relay it myself."I had to work not to smile. "Something tells me your message would be a lot more direct.""Let's just say he'd get the point."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
7. "Michael turned from the counter with a cup of coffee in hand. "Don't start," he said to Gabriel."I didn't say anything. I'm just glad you weren't jerking her around." Gabriel paused. "So I guess you don't have too much baggage after all?"Michael gave him a look. "Trust me I do." He sat down at the table. "She just has enough to mach.""What does that mean?""It means she has a five-year-old son."Gabriel went still. "Holy crap.""So we're taking things really slowly.""Looks like it."This was quite possibly the first time Gabriel had ever seen his older brother blush. "It was late. She slept here. We did not-" Michael broke off. "I don't really think I need to explain myself to you."Gabriel smiled and took a sip of coffee. "No, no, I'm enjoying this."
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
8. "His smile turned into a grin. He looked down at his tray and shoveled rice onto his fork. "You guys hitting that party tonight?""Which one?" Becca said drily. "We try to make the circuit."He smiled in a way that said he saw right through her. "Well—and I want to make sure I get this straight—Monica said Claire said her boyfriend's best friend's brother was home from college with that skank Melissa—""No," said Becca sharply. "We're not."
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
9. "Somehow I'd still managed to go all retarded at the sight of some handsome asshole with a nice smile."
Author: C.J. Roberts
10. "All southern girls are raised to be nice and polite, can't be anything but, regardless of how meanspirited we might be deep down. The illusion of sweetness, that's all that counts. We don't have to be sincerely sweet, but by God we have to be good at faking it. Southern girls will stab you in the back, same as anyone else, but we'll give you a sugary smile while doing it. -Corrine, "Same Sweet Girls"
Author: Cassandra King
11. "There is a proper way to greet the sentinels in Ceris, certain patterns and forms that you must observe when presented to Queen Islanzadí, and a hundred different manners in which to greet those around you, if it's not better to just remain quiet.""With all your customs," Eragon risked saying, "it seems as though you've only made it easier to offend people."A smile flickered across her lips. "Perhaps."
Author: Christopher Paolini
12. "He[Tom] read from the Almenak."'The song that the Vigil Snake sings is in fact one immensely long word; the longest in the ancient language of the species. It is so long that an individual can sing it for a lifetime and never come to the end of it.'""That sounds like a Kleppism to me," Geneva said. "How would they ever learn it?""Good question," said Tom. "Maybe they're born with it, like a migration instinct?"'"Born with a song,"said Geneva.Tom smiled. "Yes. Don't you like that idea?""Liking it and having it be true aren't the same thing, Tom.""Huh. Sometimes you need to let things strike your heart and not your head, Geneva."
Author: Clive Barker
13. "I tilt my head sideways so I can look him straight on. "What firsts have we already passed?" "The easy ones. First hug, first date, first fight, first time we slept together, although I wasn't the one sleeping. Now we barely have any left. First kiss. First time to sleep together when we're both actually awake. First marriage. First kid. We're done after that. Our lives will become mundane and boring and I'll have to divorce you and marry a wife who's twenty years younger than me so I can have a lot more firsts and you'll be stuck raising the kids." He cups my cheek in his hand and smiles at me. "So you see, babe? I'm only doing this for your benefit. The longer I wait to kiss you, the longer it'll be before I'm forced to leave you high and dry."
Author: Colleen Hoover
14. "People complain about the bad things that happen to em that they dont deserve but they seldom mention the good. About what they done to deserve them things. I dont recall that I ever give the good Lord all that much cause to smile on me. But he did."
Author: Cormac McCarthy
15. "Bran," I sob. "You have to go." He just smiles. "Bran! You must!" Again the smile. He won't leave. He'll be my faithful friend forever. He'd rather die by my side than skip free without me. I return the smile. "Very well," I sigh and reach out a hand. Bran takes it, expecting only my touch. But what he gets on top of that is the last of my magic. A swift, improvised spell. I reach into his mind and send an image into his thoughts, of the hole, him dashing out of it, racing through the cave and not coming back. And then, with all the magical force I can muster, I yell at him— "Run fast!"
Author: Darren Shan
16. "Chrestomanci smiled and swept out of the room like a very long procession of one person."
Author: Diana Wynne Jones
17. "As I watched him, he turned it curiously, then pressed a button on the side of the case. The crystal kitty head popped up to reveal a hidden compact mirror."I think it's you," I chirped.Ben wheeled around and smiled approvingly. "I like it. Very Japanese.""Thank you," I said. "I also got something for you.""I'm not wearing a wig.""You're such a downer." I handed him a baseball cap, then took off my camera case and slung it around his neck. "There: Generic American Tourist. No one will look twice at you.""I'll choose not to take that as an insult."
Author: Hilary Duff
18. "She gives him what he can only call a sweet smile. 'So you are determined to go on being bad. Mad, bad, and dangerous to know. I promise, no one will ask you to change."
Author: J.M. Coetzee
19. "We walked to his Harley, and when I wrapped my arms around him, he rested his hand on mine."I'm glad you were there tonight, Pidge. I've never had so much fun at a fight in my life."I perched my chin on his shoulder and smiled. "That was because you were trying to win our bet."He angled his neck to face me. "Damn right I was." There was no amusement in his eyes, he was serious, and he wanted me to see it.My eyebrows shot up. "Is that why you were in such a bad mood today? Because you knew they'd fixed the boilers, and I would be leaving tonight?"Travis didn't answer; he only smiled as he started his motorcycle. The drive to the apartment was uncharacteristically slow. At every stoplight, Travis would either cover my hands with his, or he would rest his hand on my knee."
Author: Jamie McGuire
20. "Flipping to the front, I caught Aiden's gaze and offered a sympathetic smile."Skittles?""Please."I dumped some into his open palm, then picked out the green ones. Aiden grinned at me."You know I don't like the green ones?"Shrugging, I popped them in my mouth. "The few times I've seen you eat them, you leave the green ones behind."Deacon popped his head between our seats."That's true love right there.""That it is."Aiden's gaze flicked to the road. I flushed like a little schoolgirl and focused on the remaining pieces of candy until Deacon drifted back into his seat. I handed all the red ones to Aiden."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
21. "My eyes locked the fury's and I smiled.She hesitated.I snapped to my feet. "Bitch, please."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
22. "Tommy to Zack- "Aw, come on. Just a little slow torture, then? Can't I make him scream like a girl, just once?""I can make the worm disappear for you," Joaquin offered with a dangerous smile. "Permanently."Zack rolled his eyes. "Ignore Al Capone. Murdering the competition is never a good plan."
Author: Jo Davis
23. "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears."
Author: John Lennon
24. "I asked him did he really love New York or was he just wearing the shirt. He smiled, like he was nervous. I could tell he didn't understand, which made me feel guilty for speaking English, for some reason. I pointed at his shirt. "Do? You? Really? Love? New York?" He said, "New York?" I said, "Your. Shirt." He looked at his shirt. I pointed at the N and said "New," and the Y and said "York." He looked confused or embarrassed, or surprised, or maybe even mad. I couldn't tell what he was feeling, because I couldn't speak the language of his feelings. "I not know was New York. In Chinese, ny mean 'you.' Thought was 'I love you.'" It was then that I noticed the "I?NY" poster on the wall, and the "I?NY" flag over the door, and the "I?NY" dishtowels, and the "I?NY" lunchbox on the kitchen table. I asked him, "Well, then why do you love everybody so much?"
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
25. "Our eyes met across the crowded room, like in the movies, except we didn't share a knowing smile and race into each other's arms. Instead I fell into the trash can."
Author: Julie Anne Peters
26. "Young Mr. Maxwell would make a very good match."Camilla's lovely face hardened just a little at the mention of Maxwell. Grey could have kissed her. "He was quick to abandon her the last time he courted my daughter, so I will have to reserve judgment until he's proven himself a changed man, no matter how well I wish to think of him.""Very wise," Grey agreed, ignoring the look his brother slanted toward him."A few years can do wonders for a man's maturity," Archer remarked.Grey shrugged. "Or not. Some men simply become overgrown boys and never face the consequences of their actions."Archer smiled. "And some blame society and hide like scared mice for the rest of their lives."Were they alone Grey might have hit him. But they weren't alone, and instead of giving into his anger, he was left with having to face how much hearing his brother say such a thing hurt. Not only hurt, it made him deuced uncomfortable."
Author: Kathryn Smith
27. "Ben locked his eyes on mine for a long moment. Then, "How?" "How do you think?" I smiled, then slapped him full across the face"
Author: Kathy Reichs
28. "What did you call her?" she ask's but I don't think it's her real question."Sunshine," I say, and she smiles like she believes it's perfect and she may be the only person other than me who would think so."What is she to you?" she whispers. The real question and I know the answer even if I don't know how to say it.Drew's muffled voice rises up from the floor before I can respond."Family," he says.And he's right."
Author: Katja Millay
29. "How the fuck did a mummy get stuck under our floorboards?"Shaking my head, I smile. "I have no idea." I point toward the hallway leading to the closet between our bedroom doors. "Grab the explosives."
Author: Khalia Hades
30. "She craved a presence beside her, solid. Fingertips light at the nape of her neck and a voice meeting hers in the dark. Someone who would wait with an umbrella to walk her home in the rain, and smile like sunshine when he saw her coming. Who would dance with her on her balcony, keep his promises and know her secrets, and make a tiny world wherever he was, with just her and his arms and his whisper and her trust."
Author: Laini Taylor
31. "...I swear Dev your cock is going to be the death of us all.'Dev just sat back and smiled unrepentantly. 'I beg to differ. My cock is like a finely tuned homing device. He led me straight to the person I needed to see. His judgement is infallible..."
Author: Lanie Malone
32. "I smiled at him. Not even Wyatt would have known how to be this honorable when talking about a girl that had hurt him."
Author: Laura Anderson Kurk
33. "Gray watched her,watched the rush of pink travel up from her chest to her neck and out her throat.It was beautiful.Stunning.He turned.To his right,another female,one who had been shadowing him all night,had her hands on him,trying to stroke him through his jeans."What´s your name?"he shouted.She smiled."Marina.""You have a very pretty mouth,Marina.""So do you."His turn.He smiled too."Would you like to use it?""Gotcha,baby,"she thought,then let her tongue flicker out to swipe at her lower lip.Grinning,she unzipped his fly and released his straining prick.Gray´s nostrils flared as she wrapped her soft hand around him,then lowered her head and took him into her mouth."
Author: Laura Wright
34. "She smiled as sweetly as a show poster for the glorified, all-American Ziegfeld girl just before dumping her second cigarette into Wally's fresh cup of coffee."
Author: Libba Bray
35. "Rohan's fingertips drifted with stunning delicacy over her throat, behind her ear, pushing into the satiny warmth of her hair. "You are an interesting woman Amelia."Gooseflesh rose wherever his breath touched. "I can't f-fathom why you would think so."His playful mouth traced the wing of her brow. "I find you thoroughly, deeply interesting. I want to open you like a book and read every page." A smile curved the corners of his lips as he added huskily, "Footnotes included."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
36. "Cum gutters are pretty high up there too," I smiled sleepily. "Cum gutters?" he asked with a short laugh,"
Author: Lola Stark
37. "The flower in the vase smiles, but no longer laughs."
Author: Malcolm De Chazal
38. "During our visit, we noticed she was mixing up words. She started referring to Muslims as Mormons. After 9/11, she told Jon and me how it was important for America to stop the radical Mormons because they had perpetrated the attacks on the Twin Towers.There was no way we could convince her of the difference. We'd just smile and not. "That's right, Grandma, all the Mormons got together on September 11th and ran their bicycles into the Twin Towers!"
Author: Mollie Gross
39. "The two angels were both tall, but Aodhan was perhaps an inch taller, and now his eyes locked with Illium's for a long, quiet moment before he lowered his head slightly. Illium raised his hand, the movement slow, hesitant....and then his fingers brushed Aodhan's cheek just below the cut that had almost sealed. The first ray of dawn kissed the tear that rolled down Illium's face, caressed the painful wonder on Aodhan's as he lifted his hand to clasp the wrist of his friend's hand.That instant of contact, the power of it, stole her breath.Then Illium smiled, said something that made Aodhan's lips curve-Elena thought it might've been "Welcome back, Sparkle"-and they were separating to sweep off the Tower in a symphony of wild silver blue and heartbreaking light."Raphael," she whispered, having felt him come up behind her. "Did you see?""Yes." His hand on her nape, his thumb brushing over her pulse. "Of course it would be Illium who reached him," he murmured."
Author: Nalini Singh
40. "He sat up. He smiled. Something heavy and winged took off from his chest.Eleanor hadn't written him a letter, it was a postcard.Just three words long."
Author: Rainbow Rowell
41. "O smile, going where? O upturned look:new, warm, receding surge of the heart--;alas, we are that surge. Does then the cosmic spacewe dissolve in taste of us? Do the angelsreclaim only what is theirs, their own outstreamed existence,or sometimes, by accident, does a bit of usget mixed in? Are we blended in their featureslike the slight vagueness that complicates the looksof pregnant women? Unnoticed by them in theirwhirling back into themselves? (How could they notice?)"
Author: Rainer Maria Rilke
42. "What's past is past, nothing to do but smile through teeth that have been kicked in; only the future matters, the decisions you make from this moment on."
Author: Ralph E. Vaughan
43. "Life works on the same principle as a boomerang. It's simple, really—what you send out you get back. A smiling face receives many smiles. Friendliness finds itself surrounded by friends. Giving hugs creates hugs. Offered help is reciprocated. In contrast, if you hurt people you will find much hurt in your life. Unkindness begets unkindness. Misery begets misery. A dour face will receive many sour looks in response. That said, it is easy to understand that if you want a happy life you must contribute to the happiness of those around you."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
44. "Act like you care. Pray like you care. Speak, smile, reach out, and live like you care. The point is to make sure those in your life know beyond doubt that you do care."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
45. "Kate was about to protest when something caused her to look in her mother's direction. She was standing statue-like in front of the television with that brave, painted-on smile. Then Kate realized what had caught her attention: her mother's tear-filled eyes were reflecting the on-off motion of the blinkers like a watery mirror. Kate stared transfixed at the flashing points of light that betrayed her mother's pain. The urge to tell her father how much she wanted him to be proud of her and how much he had hurt her, faded in the dark depths of her mother's eyes."
Author: Sabrynne McLain
46. "So why hadn't he confronted me? Why hadn't he torn through my lies and forced me to own up that I'd caught him in a Binding? It wasn't like he could just brush this off. And that smile before he left, as if he'd been pulling my leg to see my reaction…I shook my head. Ryan was certainly providing his fair share of riddles. There was the tiny possibility he was still clueless and was just teasing me, but I doubted anyone could be that naïve. Even him. My mind began to tick over, desperate for an answer. Only one other thing stuck out in his behaviour. Maybe he was going for a fair exchange strategy. He wouldn't question my secrets, in the hope I wouldn't question his.Now that was naïve."
Author: Sam Dogra
47. "No, you're not getting exhausted yet, Garraty." [Stebbins] jerked a thumb at Olson's silhouette. "That's exhausted. He's almost through now."Garraty watched Olson, fascinated, almost expecting him to drop at Stebbins's word. "What are you driving at?""Ask your cracker friend, Art Baker. A mule doesn't like to plow. But he likes carrots. So you hang a carrot in front of his eyes. A mule without a carrot gets exhausted. A mule with a carrot spends a long time being tired. You get it?""No."Stebbins smiled again. "You will. Watch Olson. He lost his appetite for the carrot. He doesn't quite know it yet, but he has. Watch Olson, Garraty. You can learn from Olson."Garraty looked at Stebbins closely, not sure how seriously to take him. Stebbins laughed aloud. His laugh was rich and full-a startling sound that made other Walkers turn their heads. "Go on. Go talk to him, Garraty. And if he won't talk, just get up close and have a good look. It's never too late to learn."
Author: Stephen King
48. "One of the most spiritual things you can do is embrace your humanity. Connect with those around you today. Say, "I love you", "I'm sorry", "I appreciate you", "I'm proud of you"...whatever you're feeling. Send random texts, write a cute note, embrace your truth and share it...cause a smile today for someone else...and give plenty of hugs."
Author: Steve Maraboli
49. "You want me to make it better for you. Just the way you feel full and satisfied now, you're going to let me satiate you in the bedroom. Any way I want. Splayed out for me in chains on the bed, unable to move while my tongue finds all the places that drive you crazy.""I won't let that happen," she breathed."You already have. You've let me lick you. I swear I can still taste you--sweet. Addictive." He smiled. "I can already hear you moaning. Letting go. Submitting to me."~Trance"
Author: Sydney Croft
50. "Thus those two beings, so exclusively and touchingly devoted, who had lived so long for each other alone, came to suffer side by side, each through the other, without ever speaking of the matter, without reproaches, each wearing a smile."
Author: Victor Hugo
Quotes About Smile Pictures