Famous Quotes About Smiled
Browse 1756 famous quotes and sayings about Smiled.
Top Quotes About Smiled
1. "You're right. Sorry. So-don't you think they'd notice you more if you smiled and seemed happier?"
Author: A.S. King
2. "She smiled. "I know, this is a place where one employs nothing but aristocrats for the lousiest kinds of jobs.""They're all aristocrats, that's true," said Wyatt, "because they know that there's no such thing as a lousy job--only lousy men who don't care to do it."
Author: Ayn Rand
3. "Though Mrs. Fontaine smiled, I couldn't help but wonder if she'd sized me up and found me lacking."
Author: Beth Hoffman
4. "Okay. Would you rather I looked like Leonardo di Caprio or Justin Timberlake?""Ryan Gosling," Sophie smiled.She answered a little too fast for Adam's comfort. "What the hell, Sophie! You're supposed to say Mitchell! You're supposed to say you want me to look like me!""You weren't one of the options," Sophie smirked."Neither was Ryan Gosling!"
Author: Bethany Walkers
5. "He smiled despite the grief he felt at the deaths of his men; he smiled because that was what he did. That was how he proved to the Lord Ruler-and to himself-that he wasn't beaten."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
6. "What was she thinking? Tarnished Silver? Brother. He probably practiced that smoldering look in the mirror so all women within a mile would fall over like nine pins when he smiled. Well, count her out. He was mouthwatering to look at, but so was cheesecake, and cheesecake was a heck of a lot safer."
Author: Catherine Anderson
7. "I looked at Ethan and smiled a little."I love you," he mouthed."I love you, too," I mouthed back."And I'm nauseous," Catcher grumbled. "Let's get on with this. I am seriously in need of a beer and a Lifetime movie."
Author: Chloe Neill
8. "Not bad for a ‘common soldier,' hmm?" I quietly asked, then resheathed my katana and headed back toward the chapel. I could feel his gaze on my back as I walked away, so I decided to play it up. I paused at the sanctuary door, then looked back over my shoulder and smiled vampishly through hooded eyes."Coming?"
Author: Chloe Neill
9. "Bliss, wait one second."I took my time packing up my stuff, waiting for everyone else to leave the computer lab.When we were alone I asked, "What's up?"He smiled, "Nothing."Then he pressed me into the computer table behind me and kissed me."
Author: Cora Carmack
10. "He saw very clearly how all his life led only to this moment and all after led to nowhere at all. He felt something cold and soulless enter him like another being and he imagined that it smiled malignly and he had no reason to believe that it would ever leave."
Author: Cormac McCarthy
11. "You're a hero,' Mom repeated, squeezing my hand and kissing my forehead. 'You saved six lives in that house! Six! Sure, one of them was a creep,' she looked at Lauren, 'but that's what makes it so good. "Love thine enemies."'Lauren smiled at me. 'And don't worry about Curt,' she said. 'We are so broken up.''Six lives,' Mom repeated.But I had been trying to save seven."
Author: Dan Wells
12. "It's the what if? The what then? And we know that if we go for it, if we risk it, we immediately stand to lose it. But weirdly, some part of us believes the feeling is two-way, because it must be; it's too special not to be. We believe that something's been shared, even if the evidence we have is ... what? A look that lasted a breath longer then we're used to? A second glance, when the glance could easily have been to check whether there are any cabs coming, or whether the jacket we're wearing that's caught their eyes would look good on their boyfriend, or why it is we seem to be staring at them.I saw you. You don't use overhead handles on the train. Hoped it would jolt and you would fall to me. But no.I smiled. These small moments, never said out loud, as formed and perfect as sweet little haikus, romance and longing carved out in the dust of a grubby city."
Author: Danny Wallace
13. "He smiled at Billy's friends. "I got more where that came from. Never do that shit again." He found Mouse's eyes. "Jimmy, you hold your head high."That moment changed Mouse."
Author: Debra Anastasia
14. "Smiled like a homecoming queen, Pit Bull Terrier with a new collar, actress on the Letterman show."
Author: Dennis Vickers
15. "The white cat Sal-al was lying on the straw matting in the empty conservatory. She looked at us with a wicked, conceited expression as if all her appetites had just been satisfied. She was beautiful. Vesta and I both said, "I wish I were a cat!" Before we got to the last word we smiled at each other in annoyance, not liking the idea that most human beings think very much alike."
Author: Denton Welch
16. "Grand, there's one other thing.""What's that, Seth?""You always call me ‘favorite male grandchild,' and I like that. I do. But fact is, I'm your only male grandchild."Ralph looked at him, blue eyes sparkling. He smiled. Then he laughed out loud. "Details," he said. "Mere details, Seth."
Author: Elizabeth George
17. "Strangman shrugged theatrically. "It might," he repeated with great emphasis. "Let's admit that. It makes it more interesting—particularly for Kerans. 'Did I or did I not try to kill myself?' One of the few existential absolutes, far more significant than 'To be or not to be?', which merely underlines the uncertainty of the suicide, rather than the eternal ambivalence of his victim." He smiled down patronisingly at Kerans as the latter sat quietly in his chair, sipping at the drink Beatrice had brought him. "Kerans, I envy you the task of finding out—if you can."
Author: J.G. Ballard
18. "I smiled and I really felt at that moment that Judas and the Savior had met in me. [...] And yet even this was not as real as my despairing sense that nothing was real for me again—unless, indeed, this sensation of falling was reality."
Author: James Baldwin
19. "I perched my chin on his shoulder and smiled. "That was because you were trying to win our bet."He angled his neck to face me. "Damn right I was."
Author: Jamie McGuire
20. "He smiled. "You're into me, I can tell.""I'm not into you," I said hotly. Hotly, because as soon as the words left my lips, sparklers erupted on top of my head.Hudson looked at them, and a grin spread across his face. The baby cooed and reached out, trying to grab the flaring light. Hudson moved farther away. "Don't touch. Just look at Mommy's pretty liar hat."He was enjoying this way too much. "Okay," I said. "Maybe I like you a little."The sparklers dimmed, but didn't go out.Hudson raised an eyebrow."All right," I said, nervously eyeing the area to make sure no one saw us. "I'm into you."The sparklers died, but I didn't wait around for more commentary. I headed to the inn. Behind me I heard Hudson still talking to the baby. "Yes, we like Mommy's flaming hairdo, don't we?"
Author: Janette Rallison
21. "Bastard hits harder than a fucking freight train."I just smiled. "I know."
Author: Jeaniene Frost
22. "I pressed her thigh and death smiled"
Author: Jim Morrison
23. "He smiled then, and that smile was like the sunset, stretching from one end of her existence to the other, lighting her way not by sight, but with a slow kindle inside she knew would never leave her bereft for the sun's warmth."
Author: Joey W. Hill
24. "Cabal regarded her with mild amusement. "Smile when you whisper," he advised her. "You're supposed to be flirting with me, if you recall?" She stared at him icily. Then suddenly her expression thawed and she smiled winsomely, her eyes dewy with romantic love. "Oh, sweetheart… somebody tried to kill you? Whosoever would do such a thing to my nimpty-bimpty snookums?"Cabal could not have been more horrified if she'd pulled off her face to reveal a gaping chasm of eternal night from which glistening tentacles coiled and groped. That had already happened to him once in his life, and he wasn't keen to repeat the experience. "What?" he managed in a dry whisper."Smile when you whisper," she said, her expression fixed and blood-curdlingly coquettish. You're supposed to be flirting with me, remember?" "Please don't do that."
Author: Jonathan L. Howard
25. "So is that it? Will I have to live the rest of my life like this? Not doing the right thing? Not saying the right words?""That's your choice. You can't change the past. Ah, but the future. . .you own the future." The Greenman smiled. "So, you tell me. . .what choice do you want to make now?"
Author: Jonathan Maberry
26. "She leaned into my shoulder. "Maybe you don't have to be a Caster to have power."I pushed her hair behind her ear. "Maybe you just have to fall for one."I said it, just like that. No stupid jokes, no changing the subject. For once, I wasn't embarrassed, because it was the truth. I had fallen. I think I had always been falling. And she might as well know, if she didn't already, because there was no going back now. Not for me.She looked up at me, and the whole world disappeared. Like there was just us, like there would always be just us, and we didn't need magic for that. It was sort of happy and sad, all at the same time. I couldn't be around her without feeling things, without feeling everything.What are you thinking?She smiled.I think you can figure it out. You can read the writing on the wall. And as she said it, there was writing on the wall. It appeared slowly, one word at a time.You'renottheonlyonefalling."
Author: Kami Garcia
27. "I ached for what wasn't, and then I smiled for what was,"
Author: Kathryn Kennish
28. "Aidan smiled. "He's the amazing and beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire life," he replied, his voice choking off with emotion."
Author: Katie Ashley
29. "I stepped between him and the window so I was inches from his face. "There's only one Ophi I've ever been interested in." I tugged on his arm, making him face me again. I reached up on my toes and pressed my lips against his. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. His kiss was hungry, like he didn't want to let go. Finally, I pulled away, completely breathless. Alex just smiled, clearly impressed with himself."
Author: Kelly Hashway
30. "She's an ugly little thing. No child should look like that. Pale and sour, like a glass of milk that's turned.""And so skinny!" the cook replied. "Never finishes her supper."Crouched beside the girl, the boy turned to her and whispered, "Why don't you eat?""Because everything she cooks tastes like mud.""Tastes fine to me.""You'll eat anything."They bent their ears back to the crack in the cupboard doors.A moment later the boy whispered, "I don't think you're ugly.""Shhhh!" the girl hissed. But hidden by the deep shadows of the cupboard, she smiled."
Author: Leigh Bardugo
31. "Oh, Jesus," he said, wheezing with the effort it took to controlhimself. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. "You littleinnocent. I'm fluent in French, but it isn't my first language." Itwas plain by the mortified expression in those green eyes that shedidn't understand, so he explained. "Baby , if I can still thinkclearly enough to speak French, then I'm not totally involved inwhat I'm doing. It may sound pretty , but it doesn't meanany thing. Men are different from women; the more excited we are,the more like cavemen we sound. I could barely speak English withyou, much less French. As I remember, my vocabularydeteriorated to a few short, explicit words, ‘fuck' being the mostprominent."To his amazement, she blushed, and he smiled at this furtherevidence of her charming prudery. "Go to sleep," he said gently."Lindsey didn't even rate a replay."
Author: Linda Howard
32. "Don't grow much more, or you will be taller than I am, little Longlegs!" Annemarie smiled, but Peter's comment was no longer the lighthearted fun of the past. It was only a brief grasp at something that had gone."
Author: Lois Lowry
33. "While wandering a deserted beach at dawn, stagnant in my work, I saw a man in the distance bending and throwing as he walked the endless stretch toward me. As he came near, I could see that he was throwing starfish, abandoned on the sand by the tide, back into the sea. When he was close enough I asked him why he was working so hard at this strange task. He said that the sun would dry the starfish and they would die. I said to him that I thought he was foolish. there were thousands of starfish on miles and miles of beach. One man alone could never make a difference. He smiled as he picked up the next starfish. Hurling it far into the sea he said, "It makes a difference for this one." I abandoned my writing and spent the morning throwing starfish."
Author: Loren Eiseley
34. "Once Kimmy and Bobby walked in Taco Bell they saw their two friends already sitting at the table, and Kimmy and Bobby ordered their food before they joined them. "What's up?" Manning asked."Not much, just hanging out," Bobby answered. "And of course the two of you are always hanging out," Dave said, nodding toward Kimmy.Kimmy smiled. "Of course we are always hanging out. That's what you do when you've got a best friend, Dave. You'll learn that maybe one day when you have a best friend."
Author: Lynette Mather
35. "Elizabeth," Jamie began gruffly, "there is aught I would speak of with you." She lifted an eyebrow at his lordly tone. "Go ahead." "It may take me a few hours to accustom myself to these possible future ways, but that does not mean I am weak or stupid." Hours? She smiled. "I know that Jamie." "Nor does that mean I have ceased being your lord. You will obey me in all things, as always." "Of course, Jamie," she said meekly. "And should you demand knowledge about this or that, I would give it to you because you required it, not because I thought you didn't know the answer already." "Of course,"Jamie said arrogantly. "There would be no other reason to question you." Elizabeth suppressed her smile and was thankful that she was riding behind him so he didn't see the twinkle in her eyes. Heavens what an ego her husband had."
Author: Lynn Kurland
36. "Don't talk so, Lysis. I'm sure you kept your head much better than I did." He smiled, and quoted a certain phrase, recalling a personal matter between us. Then he said, "Am I getting old, to find myself always thinking, 'Last year was better'?"-"Sometimes it seems to me, Lysis, that nothing has been the same since the Games."-"We think so, my dear, because that was our concern. If you asked that potter over there, or that old soldier, or Kallippides the actor, each would name his own Isthmia, I daresay... It has been a long war, Alexias. Twenty-four years now. Even Troy was only ten."
Author: Mary Renault
37. "Is your future faery bride too ugly for you?"Rhys leaned back against the head rest and studied the seatback in front of him. "That's not it.""Too old or too young?""No."I rolled my eyes, but smiled. This was why he was upset. Hehadn't landed the perfect bride-to-be. "Her pretty faery wingsaren't the right shade of sparkly lavender and pink?"His eyes flashed with anger. "Actually, she doesn't have faerywings.""She doesn't?""No. As a matter of fact, the dragon oracle tells me the girl I'msupposed to marry, the one destined to someday become the queenof the faery realm, isn't a faery at all."Okay, that was surprising. Not a faery?"She isn't?" I said. "Then who is she?"His expression was severe as he turned to look me right in theeye."You," he said"
Author: Michelle Rowen
38. "Yes." She smiled, liking the word. "What I feel like right now—I'd compare it to waking from a dream and seeing the real world. It's a beautiful place, but it also has darkness. If you try to eradicate that darkness, you also destroy the light." Pain for the future of her people tightened her heart."
Author: Nalini Singh
39. "Let's clear the air here,Joshua." She leaned forward,the confidence in her eyes sultry. "I like sex.i think it's an excellent form of entertainment. But I don't have to be entertained every time someone suggests a party.I select the time,the place, and my playmates."Satisfied,she sat back and lazily chose a tiny cake from the basket. That, she was sure,should settle that."You might be able to get away with that.If you hadn't been trembling and moaning under me half an hour ago.""I was not moaning."He smiled. "Oh,yes.You were." Yes,indeed,he was feeling much,much better. "And on the verge of writhing.""I never writhe.""You will."
Author: Nora Roberts
40. "(...) ClanFintan's gaze captured mine once more."I said nothing because I hoped that you would trust me enough to confide in me." His voice had finally regained its emotion, and I was upset to hear the sadness that filled his words."I do trust you! It's just that there didn't seem to be a right time. And then, well, I didn't tell you because I didn't want to chance loosing your love."My voice had become a whisper.(...) So, I stood there trying to blink away the tears that were threatening to spill from my eyes. ClanFintan sighed heavily and closed the space between us before I could start bawling. He touched my face and cupped my chin in the warmth of his hand."My love is something you will never lose." He bent and kissed me softly, then smiled at my undoubtedly goofy expression."My patience, perhaps, but never my love."
Author: P.C. Cast
41. "You don't ask for much, do you? It may look like we've got a whole lot of supplies here, but I've got five hungry boys to feed, plus I give whatever I can to Adam and the Black Ridge lot. You need to give me a real good reason, otherwise the answer is going to be no." Sam took a deep breath. "I'm going to kill the Antichrist." Big Tom sat completely still for a moment. Then he smiled. "Yep. That'll do it."
Author: Phillip W. Simpson
42. "Adrian smiled and clasped my hands, taking a few steps toward me. "And as for who you are, you're the same beautiful, brave, and ridiculously smart caffeinated fighter you've been since the day I met you." Finally, he put "beautiful" at the top of his list of adjectives. Not that I should have cared."Sweet talker," I scoffed. "You didn't know anything about me the first time we met.""I knew you were beautiful," he said. "I just hoped for the rest."
Author: Richelle Mead
43. "What else do you want to do to me?" Jace asked, and Clint smiled. "That's a wicked look you've got going on.""Just remember, you're the one who asked for it.""It was merely a conversation starter.""Consider it started. Now I'm going to finish it."
Author: S.E. Jakes
44. "When Josey woke up and saw the feathery frost on her windowpane, she smiled. Finally, it was cold enough to wear long coats and tights. It was cold enough for scarves and shirts worn in layers, like camouflage. It was cold enough for her lucky red cardigan, which she swore had a power of its own. She loved this time of year. Summer was tedious with the light dresses she pretended to be comfortable in while secretly sure she looked like a loaf of white bread wearing a belt. The cold was such a relief."
Author: Sarah Addison Allen
45. "Acheron kissed her lightly on the cheek. "Rest. We'll be back when he needs you." He watched herclimb into bed before he took his nephew down to his room."Well, it appears to be just the two of us, little one. What say you we get naked, drunk and find us somewenches?"The baby actually smiled up at him as if he understood.Acheron nodded. "So that's it, eh? Barely a month old and you're already lecherous. You are your father's son."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
46. "Christ can forgive you," he whispered, though he didn't believe it. There wasn't a hint of compassion in those ice-blue eyes."That's grand," she said.Her features became again those of the pleasant brown-haired nurse. She smiled, pulled the pillow from under his head, and covered his face."
Author: Stephen M. Irwin
47. "Isn't it supposed to be like this?" He smiled. "The glory of first love, and all that. It's incredible, isn't it, the difference between reading about something, seeing it in the pictures, and experiencing it?""Very different," I agreed. "More forceful than I'd imagined."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
48. "Richard thought a moment. "I don't know, but we have to get across the pass. We're too tired to have to spend tonight fighting shadows again. We must get to the Midlands before dark. And this time, I promise I won't let go of your hand."Kahlan smiled and squeezed his hand.I won't let go of yours either."
Author: Terry Goodkind
49. "So what were you [Sonea] and Dorrien discussing before?' Akkarin asked.She turned to regard him. 'Discussing?''Outside the farmhouse when I was buying the food.''Oh. Then. Nothing.'He smiled and nodded. 'Nothing. Amazing subject, that one. Produces such fascinating reactions in people."
Author: Trudi Canavan
50. "She was still hugging the cat. "Poor slob," she said, tickling his head, "poor slob without a name. It's a little inconvenient, his not having a name. But I haven't any right to give him one: he'll have to wait until he belongs to somebody. We just sort of took up by the river one day, we don't belong to each other: he's an independent, and so am I. I don't want to own anything until I know I've found the place where me and things belong together. I'm not quite sure where that is just yet. But I know what it's like." She smiled, and let the cat drop to the floor. "It's like Tiffany's," she said.[...]It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits, and that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name."
Author: Truman Capote
Quotes About Smiled Pictures