Famous Quotes About Snack
Browse 118 famous quotes and sayings about Snack.
Top Quotes About Snack
1. "The Freemen have 987 levels of membership, the first three of which are achieved merely by filling out an application. The 8th level is granted upon full acceptance into the local lodge, the 13th following Initiation, the 21st at the end of the Initiate's second week, and the 89th the first time he brings snacks."
Author: Adam Rex
2. "The hour [...] can be anywhere between three and six o'clock in the afternoon. The general rule is that the earlier tea is served, the lighter the refreshments. At three, tea is usually a snack -- dainty finger sandwiches, petits fours, fresh strawberrries; at six, it can be a meal -- or "high" tea -- with sausage rolls, salads, and trifle."
Author: Angela Hynes
3. "I nod and tap my fingers against my knees. "What to do with a girlfriend while I work my hours at the TOG. Hmm…Can I really do this? Will I be able to pull it off? Will she be able to read at the snack bar tables without losing her mind," I mumble. "Do you always talk to yourself?" "Yes. Bad habit. Does it bother you?" I walk back over to her side of the small stage. "No. It's interesting. I hate people knowing my thoughts. But yours just fall out of your head so easily." She shrugs. "I never thought of it like that…but you're my girlfriend now…so who cares if you know what I think?" Her cheeks turn pink, and I laugh."
Author: Anne Eliot
4. "The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, and you should try not to forget snacks and magazines."
Author: Anne Lamott
5. "It's a tradition to drink rakia with snacks. Not like the Russians, you know, who just drink to get drunk. I like a little snack with the news."
Author: Annie Ward
6. "Claudia! That's not for snacking, you bitch." Livvie spanked the other girl on the ass and both of them giggled.Girls are so strange. If another man called me a bitch and spanked me, it would not end in giggles."
Author: C.J. Roberts
7. "Luke opened the pizza box and, finding it empty, shut it with a sigh."Though you did eat allthe pizza." "I only had five slices," Simon protested, leaning his chair backward so itbalanced precariously onits two back legs. "How many slices did you think were in a pizza, dork?" Clary wanted toknow. "Less than five slices isn't a meal. It's a snack." Simon looked apprehensively at Luke. "Does thismean you're going towolf out and eat me?"
Author: Cassandra Clare
8. "If you knew how to cook, maybe I would eat," Jace muttered.Isabelle froze, her spoon poised dangerously. "What did you say?"Jace edged toward the fridge. "I said I'm going to look for a snack to eat."That's what I thought you said." Isabelle turned her attention to the soup."
Author: Cassandra Clare
9. "We incorporated new tastes and flavors into our kids' diets from a very early age, which helped to develop their palates and prevented them from becoming picky eaters. We don't buy junk food and give them options of fresh fruit, yogurt, raw almonds, or dried whole grain cereals for snack time."
Author: Cat Cora
10. "If I had never changed my mind about what I wanted in a relationship or about what I wanted out of a relationship, do you know who I'd be with? Probably not, but I do:SUSAN: former crush from the third grade.ATTRIBUTES: blonde hair, proficient at reading and writing, great at freeze tag, excellent at all recess and playground activities.RELATIONSHIP STRENGTHS: female, talked to me, shared her fruit snacks with me, didn't hate me.RELATIONSHIP PITFALLS: I like things other than recess now; the qualities I liked in third grade might not be enough for a healthy adult relationship...but having fruit snacks never hurts."
Author: Chad Eastham
11. "Waaant equity," hisses the alien intruder."You can't be Pamela Macx," says Pierre, his back to the wall, keeping the sword point before the lobster-woman-thing. "She's in a nunnery in Armenia or something. You pulled that out of Glashwiecz's memories - he worked for her, didn't he?"Claws go snicker-snack before his face. "Investment partnership!" screeches the harridan. "Seat on the board! Eat brains for breakfast!" It lurches sideways, trying to get past his guard."
Author: Charles Stross
12. "She tucked her lips in and eyed the pancakes Tristan pulled from the pan. "Making a midnight snack?"She tried to sound light and casual. Normal. Friendly.Not because Tristan deserved it, but because she wanted pancakes. And Tristan, apparently, was keeper of the pancakes."
Author: Chelsea Fine
13. "I love sashimi, mainly tuna sashimi. I will buy six pieces or so a day and just snack on them. Sometimes I wrap them up in my mini seaweed sheets."
Author: Christine Teigen
14. "During the act of making something, I experience a kind of blissful absence of the self and a loss of time. When I am done, I return to both feeling as restored as if I had been on a trip. I almost never get this feeling any other way. I once spent sixteen hours making 150 wedding invitations by hand and was not for one instance of that time tempted to eat or look at my watch. By contrast, if seated at the computer, I check my email conservatively 30,000 times a day. When I am writing, I must have a snack, call a friend, or abuse myself every ten minutes. I used to think that this was nothing more than the difference between those things we do for love and those we do for money. But that can't be the whole story. I didn't always write for a living, and even back when it was my most fondly held dream to one day be able to do so, writing was always difficult. Writing is like pulling teeth. From my dick."
Author: David Rakoff
15. "I believe that I was a dog in a past life. That's the only thing that would explain why I like to snack on Purina Dog Chow."
Author: Dean Koontz
16. "Trust. Affection. Respect." I shoved her tainted after-school snack across the table. "It must be hard to think of qualities you don't possess."
Author: Dia Reeves
17. "Every day it got swept. All of the dirt each piece of dust and even the tiniest bread crumb of secret midnight snacks. It lay under that rug.Years went by nobody noticed it's more defeated crumbled appearance with all the misshaped lumps and bumps. Eventually a boy drips and falls over it people are so surprised and nobody knows what why or how it could have happened. Not even the lady with the sweeping brush."
Author: Donal O'Callaghan
18. "Oh bats, oh bats, oh snacks with wings–Come and hear how Taggle sings!Oh squirm, oh squeak, my wriggly bats–You'll make a gift for lady cats!"
Author: Erin Bow
19. "Take deep slow breaths," it told her. "It will calm you."Calm her? Slow breaths? Instead she sucked in a breath to tell it togo to hell, but ended up sending her late-night snack spewing across thedragon's foot.Staring down, it muttered, "Oh, that's just vile."Talaith's eyes narrowed and suddenly she found her voice. "And yet, Ifeel remarkably better," she sneered."
Author: G.A. Aiken
20. "To be honest, Briec doesn'tconsider fights with humans as battles. I think he sees that more ashunting. Or a snack that runs."
Author: G.A. Aiken
21. "How often, in our Christian lives, do we settle for a "snack"--something quick--instead of feasting on all we have in Jesus? Are we looking into the Word, considering all we have been given, gazing at the cross in gratefulness? Jesus didn't just set us free from bondage-- He gave us an inheritance. He didn't simply pay our debt-- He gave us His bank account of righteousness. He didn't merely release us from Satan's grip--He asked us to be His bride. He takes us from dungeon to palace. Ashes to beauty. Rejected to cherished. Starving to feasting."
Author: Grace Mally
22. "Satisfying news hunger no longer involves a twice daily diet of a morning newspaper and evening TV news bulletin: news comes in snack-form"
Author: Ian Hargreaves
23. "I like to stay hydrated with water throughout the day and snack on apples, but my guilty pleasure would definitely be a caramel macchiato from Starbucks!"
Author: Janel Parrish
24. "I always leave a box of unsalted almonds in my house. A handful of those are a good snack that should keep you satisfied."
Author: Jenna Ushkowitz
25. "You're right. This is a lot. I faced him. I thought that you were normal. And you're not. You're telling me that I have the DOD gunning for me. That if I ever decide to leave this place, I'm going to be a Snack Pack for an Arum. And better yet, I am going to lose complete control over whatever powers I have and wipe out a family of four, then be put down! All I wanted to do today was eat some god damn fries and be normal!"
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
26. "I like dogs. They give Mister something to snack on."
Author: Jim Butcher
27. "We all know he kept a bowl of live frogs by his resting slab in the Oval Office that he would snack on during meetings."
Author: John Hodgman
28. "The Scooby gang doesn't travel because they are looking for crimes to solve. They travel because they're one step ahead of the deprogrammers. Somehow, Fred's got them all snookered. It probably has something to do with the Scooby Snacks."
Author: John Scalzi
29. "The ruggers followed me all the way to the cafeteria. I felt like the Pied Piper, except that the rats probably weren't offering to share protein-rich snacks with him."
Author: Justine Larbalestier
30. "I was just wondering, what would you say to a pair of kittens?"""Hi, snack food?"
Author: Kaje Harper
31. "On a perfect day in your perfect little world (and it's always perfect) there is breakfast time, playtime, lunchtime, nap time, snack time, dinnertime, bath time, story time, and bedtime. There is time for everything when you are the timekeeper."
Author: Karen Maezen Miller
32. "Do you miss her?I blinked. Did I what? This was my best friend since preschool we were talking about, the girl whose snack and math homework I'd shared since before I had memorized my own phone number, who'd buried her cold, annoying little feet underneath me during a thousand different movie nights and showed me how to use a tampon. She'd grown up in my kitchen, she was my shadow- self—or I was hers— and Sawyer wanted to know if I missed her? What the hell kind of question was that?"
Author: Katie Cotugno
33. "Oooooo...pity. My favorite snack next to dog shit." Lucian Roman"
Author: Laura Wright
34. "Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;All mimsy were the borogoves,And the mome raths outgrabe."Beware the Jabberwock, my son The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!"He took his vorpal sword in hand; Long time the manxome foe he sought—So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought.And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!One, two! One, two! And through and through The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!He left it dead, and with its head He went galumphing back."And hast thou slain the Jabberwock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy!O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;All mimsy were the borogoves,And the mome raths outgrabe."
Author: Lewis Carroll
35. "I smelled like a really nice snack."
Author: Lili St. Crow
36. "What are their names? Psycho and Killer?"He shook his head. "Cupcake and Twinkie."My mouth dropped open. "You're kidding."A grin flitted across his lips. "Afraid not."If naming them after dessert snacks had been Miss Marva's attempt to make them seem cute, it wasn't working."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
37. "They looked for one another when nothing else was happening, the way you pick up a magazine or look in the cupboard for a snack. Not exactly by accident and not exactly on purpose. You could go out in the world and do new things and meet new people, and then you could come home and just sit on the stoop with someone you had never not known, and watch lightning bugs blink on and off."
Author: Lynne Rae Perkins
38. "Grab your chance when the snack is offered"
39. "July had already been a busy month as Twitter had also moved into new offices: a fancy, modern, loftlike space with lots of windows and room to grow. Among the fun features they had added to the office (a living-room setup with a couch and video games, a large red phone booth, and a fully stocked kitchen with cereal and other snacks), Jack had suggested putting in a Radiohead room. "It can play Radiohead twenty-four hours a day!" he said excitedly when suggesting the idea."
Author: Nick Bilton
40. "I recently have gotten into juicing as an in-between-meals snack. I think the more vegetable ingredients the better, especially if they are green. I find that a good juice can really curb my appetite when I need to wait for the next meal."
Author: Noureen DeWulf
41. "Talking of being eaten by dogs, there's a dachshund at Brinkley who when you first meet him will give you the impression that he plans to convert you into a light snack between his regular meals. Pay no attention. It's all eyewash. His belligerent attitude is simply—"Sound and fury signifying nothing, sir?"That's it. Pure swank. A few civil words, and he will be grappling you . . . What's the expression I've heard you use?"Grappling me to his soul with hoops of steel, sir?"In the first two minutes. He wouldn't hurt a fly, but he has to put up a front because his name's Poppet. One can readily appreciate that when a dog hears himself addressed day in and day out as Poppet, he feels he must throw his weight about. Is self-respect demands it."Precisely, sir."You'll like Poppet. Nice dog. Wears his ears inside out. Why do dachshunds wear their ears inside out?"I could not say, sir."Nor me. I've often wondered."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
42. "Myrnin, who hadn't said much, suddenly reached out and wrapped his arms around her. She stiffened, shocked, and for a panicked second wondered whether he'd suddenly decided to snack on her neck... but it was just a hug. His body felt cold against hers, and way too close, but then he let go and stepped back. "You've done very well. I'm extremely proud of you," he said. There was a touch of color high in his pale cheeks. "Do go home now. And shower. You reek like the dead."Which, coming from a vampire, was pretty rich."
Author: Rachel Caine
43. "So neither massive head injuries, nor finding out you're a member of this family thirty freaking minutes ago-and therefore have very little experience handling weapons-gets you out of patrol?" I asked as I met Finley and Izzy by the backdoor.After Aislinn had made her announcement, Mom had tried to argue on my behalf, saying that A) I was still processing the whole "being a Brannick" thing, and B) I had gone through a lot, so maybe I could use a nap. Or a snack.Aislinn's answer was to give me ten minutes to take a shower, some of Finley's clothes, and a flask full of that Pine-Sol-tasting liquid."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
44. "What if I was the sexual equivalent of popcorn? Suitable for light snacking only?"
Author: Rachel Vincent
45. "I need to use the Dam Bathroom, I need to use the Dam Snack bar, I want a Dam Tee-Shirt."
Author: Rick Riordan
46. "Grover wore his fake feet and his pants to pass as human. He wore a green rasta-style cap, because when it rained his curly hair flattened and you could just see the tips of his horns. His bright orange backpack was full of scrap metal and apples to snack on. In his pocket was a set of reed pipes his daddy goat had carved for him, even though he only knew two songs: Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 12 and Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday," both of which sounded pretty bad on reed pipes."
Author: Rick Riordan
47. "It took a bit of popcorn and a library snack bar to make me realize that being a librarian was about more than just giving people information. It was about serving a community. And if the community is hungry for more than just knowledge, then maybe it's about time to open a snack bar."
Author: Scott Douglas
48. "...Don't be surprised, and I say it darkly, do not be surprised if you lose your Luke in this cause; perhaps Mrs. Dudley has not yet had her own mid morning snack, and she is perfectly capable of a filet de Luke á la meuniére, or perhaps dieppoise, depending upon her mood; if I do not return" -and he shook his finger warningly under the doctor's nose- "I entreat you to regard your lunch with the gravest suspicion." Bowing extravagantly, as befitted one off to slay a giant, he closed the door behind him."
Author: Shirley Jackson
49. "I usually eat six times a day, small meals. For breakfast, an egg and a corn tortilla, salsa and cilantro, and some ham. For snacks, I'll have an apple, some string cheese, a yogurt. For lunch I'll have salad with protein in it and for dinner usually steamed vegetables and chicken or fish."
Author: Sprague Grayden
50. "But I'm hungry. I bypass the line and smile to myself when the peeps behind me mumble complaints. Telling their families and friends about "this dick in the snack line" will be the highlight of their day."
Author: Victoria Scott
Quotes About Snack Pictures