Famous Quotes About Sniffle
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Sniffle.
Top Quotes About Sniffle
1. "I...I'm sorry," Kylie mumbled."Don't you even try to talk your way out of me being pissed!" Burnett growled. "Not a word!""I just...""That's two words and I said not one!" he snapped, and he swiped his hand through the air for emphasis.Kylie bit down on her lip, and wouldn't you know it that's when the tears started flowing. Big, fat, and fast tears. She sniffled and wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand. Her breath caught in her chest. But damn it. Why couldn't this have happened when she was alone?"Those tears do not affect me, young lady!" He pointed a finger at her. While she couldn't hear his heart beat to the rhythm of a lie, she heard it in his voice. ***"I just...""Did I say you could talk?" he asked. He did three more pacing laps, as if working off steam, before he looked at her again. "Where were you going, Kylie?"When she just looked at him, he bit out, "Answer me.""You said I couldn't talk."
Author: C.C. Hunter
2. "By the way, don't thank me for saving you, thank the lifeguards. If it was up to me, I would've just carried you off to the building by the boardwalk that said SURGERY. I'm sorry, but there's a big difference between a family doctor treating you for the sniffles, and a guy who actually owns and knows how to use an operating table."
Author: Elle Lothlorien
3. "What were you chanting when you gave me your blood?""More of my vampire magic. I cast a healing spell to aid the powers of my blood."She sniffled, her nose stuffy. "It was better than Vicodin.""Vicodin?""A painkiller from my world.""A killer of pain. Did you love him?" The words were growled.A burst of unexpected humor gave her strength. "No. In fact, he was hard to shake. He, uh, stalked me, that kind of thing. I had to pretend he didn'texist."Nicolai kissed her temple and relaxed against her."
Author: Gena Showalter
4. "So, Lucile thinks, Gabrielle has the prospect of escape; but in her apartment at the rue des Cordeliers, she sits still and silent, in the conscious postures of pregnant women. Sometimes she cries; this chit Louise Gély trips down the stairs to join her in a few sniffles. Gabrielle is crying for her marriage, her soul and her king; Louise is crying, she supposes, for a broken doll or a kitten run over in the street. Can't stand it, she thinks. Men are better company."
Author: Hilary Mantel
5. "Brianna peered through the large transparent window into the sea of plexiglass cradles. Each infant, so small and precious, belonged to someone. Someone that cared for them. Someone that loved them. Brianna sniffled and turned away, unable to bear the thought that she had no one."
Author: J.E.B. Spredemann
6. "I'm trying to go viral, but so far I'm just a sniffle"
Author: J.L. Madore
7. "There was a sniffle from the crowd. At which point, Rhage's voice hissed, "What. This is beautiful, 'kay? Fuck all y'all."
Author: J.R. Ward
8. "Alexa sniffled. "Oh my God, he gave her an airport scene! Just like in the books I read and all those movies. He followed her to an airport and confessed his love before she could board the plane!"Nick laughed. "Sweetheart, she wasn't boarding the plane.""Close enough."
Author: Jennifer Probst
9. "Now," my mother sniffled, "WERE you abducted? Kidnapped?""You mean did somebody snatch me?""Yes. Well?""Why would anybody wanna snatch ME?""Megin. Just DID they?""Did who? Who's THEY?"ANYBODY! Snatch you?"I laughed. "Jeez no!" And she grabbed me again and we cried some more."
Author: Jerry Spinelli
10. "She sniffled. "Does he know?""Not a clue," Law said. "There are concrete bricks less dense than my beloved."
Author: Jez Morrow
11. "Well, Ma, see... there's this girl."Silence.He checked to make sure the call hadn't been dropped. "You still there, Ma?"A sniffle."You can't be crying already," he said. "I haven't told you anything about her yet.""It doesn't matter, Nick," his mother said through her tears. "Those are the three words I've been waiting thirty-four years to hear."
Author: Julie James
12. "You're stuck with me."She sniffled. "Promise?"He rested his forehead against hers. "Cross my heart."
Author: Kaylea Cross
13. "Gabby," Jenna cried. "It's so horrible. I can't believe this happened.""Jenna," I said in a soothing voice, "I'm alive and okay. No worries."She sniffled into the phone. "No, it's not that."I waited a beat. "What?""The bridesmaid dresses are all wrong!" she wailed."Wait a second," I said. "You aren't upset over my being dead for four days?""I knew you'd be fine," she explained, brushing off the subject. "But these dresses? I don't know what to do. They're the wrong color, and they're hideous!" She went into a hysterical fit of tears."
Author: Laura Kreitzer
14. "Why did you marry Dad, Mom?" My mother sniffled through her nose, looked at me, then smiled. "I wanted something more and he was it. We both had big dreams." "That must have taken a lot of courage," I said. "To marry Dad. He was so different from you.""It was hardly courageous. It was just the only thing to do. We were in love."
Author: Margaret McMullan
15. "Before Kiki and I headed toward the Keep, I thanked my friends."For what? We didn't do anything," Janco grumbled."For caring enough to follow my guards. And the next time, I might need the help.""There better not be a next time," Ari said, giving me a stern look."How touching," Janco said, pretending to wipe his eyes."Get going, Yelena. I don't want you to see me cry." He faked a sniffle."I'm sure your ego can handle it," I said. "Or will you need to beat up some trainees to feel like a man again?""Very funny," he said."
Author: Maria V. Snyder
16. "Sara had named her daughter Zoe Elena. Damn if Elena hadn't sniffled like a baby herself when she found out."
Author: Nalini Singh
17. "Life is made up of sobs, sniffles, and smiles, with sniffles predominating."
Author: O. Henry
18. "Hoover Dam," Thalia said. "It's huge."We stood at the river's edge, looking up at a curve of concrete that loomed between the cliffs. People were walking along the top of the dam. They were so tiny they looked like fleas.The naiads had left with a lot of grumbling—not in words I could understand, but it was obvious they hated this dam blocking up their nice river. Our canoes floated back downstream, swirling in the wake from the dam's discharge vents."Seven hundred feet tall," I said. "Built in the 1930s.""Five million cubic acres of water," Thalia said.Graver sighed. "Largest construction project in the United States."Zoe stared at us. "How do you know all that?""Annabeth," I said. "She liked architecture.""She was nuts about monuments," Thalia said."Spouted facts all the time." Grover sniffled. "So annoying.""I wish she were here," I said."
Author: Rick Riordan
19. "At first I was protecting you two because I promised. Now even if I hadn't promised, I would. You two are like kittens to me. I won't fail you again."I'll admit I got a lump in my throat. I'd never been called someone's kitten before.Sadie sniffled. She brushed something from under her eye. "You're not going to wash us, are you?"
Author: Rick Riordan
20. "Grover started to sniffle and I figured if I didn't cheer him up he'd either start bawling or chewing up my mattress. He tends to eat household objects whenever he gets upset."
Author: Rick Riordan
21. "Come on," I said. "Let's reconnect this bad boy." Getting the dragon's head to the bottom was easy. It tumbled right down the slope and hit the neck with a loud, metallic BONK! Reconnecting it was harder. We had no tools and no experience. Annabeth fiddled with the wires and cursed in Ancient Greek. "We need Beckendorf. He could do this in seconds." "Isn't your mom the goddess of inventors?" I asked. Annabeth glared at me. "Yes, but this is different. I'm good with ideas. Not mechanics." "If I was going to pick one person in the world to reattach my head," I said, "I'd pick you." I just blurted it out—to give her confidence, I guess— but immediately I realized it sounded pretty stupid. "Awww. . ." Silena sniffled and wiped her eyes. "Percy, that is so sweet!"
Author: Rick Riordan
22. "Not another word, not another thought, not another sniffle. If you need to pass gas, I pray you'll clench your backside and keep walking until we are certainly alone."
Author: S.C. Barrus
23. "Hospitals are great places, and you can learn from them, but you don't necessarily need to go in anytime you get the sniffles. And maybe you shouldn't treat pregnancy as a disease."
Author: Sarah Wayne Callies
24. "The Four Horsemen whose Ride presages the end of the world are known to be Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence. But even less significant events have their own Horsemen. For example, the Four Horsemen of the Common Cold are Sniffles, Chesty, Nostril, and Lack of Tissues; the Four Horsemen whose appearance foreshadows any public holiday are Storm, Gales, Sleet, and Contra-flow."
Author: Terry Pratchett
25. "I narrate the story but he dies off-stage between commercials. A washing machine ad later, we are dressed in our funereal best. We sniffle and indulge in product placement for Kleenex. The credits roll."
Author: Thomm Quackenbush
Quotes About Sniffle Pictures