Famous Quotes About Social Networking
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Social Networking.
Top Quotes About Social Networking
1. "Take a moment think who would actually miss you if you deactivate all your social networking accounts, whatsapp, BBM etc"
Author: Anamika Mishra
2. "Yeah…uh, about Facebook…all that social networking. I don't have it. My parents check my sister's emails, Facebook, and texts like stalkers. In order to get our cell phones, Kika and I had to agree to the Jordan Household No Privacy Act. I do have a school email account. But Facebook and Twitter…if you're me…there's no point. You'd be my only ‘friend' besides my family."
Author: Anne Eliot
3. "In Friendster's wake, a throng of social networking sites blossomed in San Francisco attempting to duplicate its appeal. Each tackled the idea of connecting people in a slightly different way. One was Tickle, a service which, on observing Friendster's broad-based appeal, altered its own service, which had previously been based on self-administered quizzes and tests. Two of the other new social sites—LinkedIn and Tribe.net—were founded by friends of Abrams."
Author: David Kirkpatrick
4. "Search without Google is like social networking without Facebook: unimaginable."
Author: Evgeny Morozov
5. "It was still the pre-eminent social networking site for the 0-3 age group"
Author: Greg Egan
6. "Create a website that expresses something about who you are that won't fit into the template available to you on a social networking site."
Author: Jaron Lanier
7. "What do you gain if you ban employees from, say, visiting a social-networking site or watching YouTube while at work? You gain nothing. That time doesn't magically convert to work. They'll just find some other diversion."
Author: Jason Fried
8. "Not everyone will like what you have to say. Not everyone will like what you do. Social networking is a garbage pile waiting for rats to feed. Pointless nothings of your everyday lives. Still the fumes rise."
Author: Jerica Barsht
9. "Social gatherings can serve three purposes: networking, gossip, or politics. Many care about the social, some about the gatherings, and a few about neither..."
Author: Joan Marques
10. "We are at a crossroads in the music business: with the rise of the internet, the world we live in has changed, and the past is not coming back. But I see the glass as half-full: the internet and social networking are new avenues for the next Bob Dylan to be born on."
Author: Jon Bon Jovi
11. "Google and Facebook, each in their own way, have revolutionized the delivery of advertising based on search and social networking, creating a sort of anti-Spam: targeted, relevant ads that a consumer might actually welcome rather than spurn."
Author: Marcus Buckingham
12. "You look at the tremendous success of Facebook. To my mind there is not a lot of commerce going on in these social networking sites. eBay is a community anchored in commerce. It is a commerce site that built a community around it. What has not been proven is if the reverse can happen and people will go to community sites to do commerce."
Author: Meg Whitman
13. "Time is our most precious currency. So it's significant that we are being encouraged, wherever possible, to think of our attention not as expenditure but as consumption. This blurring of labor and entertainment forms the basis, for example, of the financial alchemy that conjures deca-billion-dollar valuations for social-networking companies."
Author: Mohsin Hamid
14. "Before social networking platforms, people needed to know you to know your name. Today, people only need to know your name to know you."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
15. "Social networking platforms made it unnecessary to know people to know people."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
16. "What's the golden rule of social networking?"Luther hangs up his coat. "Don't do it?"
Author: Neil Cross
17. "Man, Farmville is so huge! Do you realize it's the second-biggest browser-based social-networking-centered farming game in the world?"
Author: Randall Munroe
18. "The reason the social-networking phenomenon is something that I invested in early and massively - I led the Series A financing for Friendster; I founded a company called Socialnet in 1997; I founded LinkedIn; and I was part of the first round of financing in Facebook - it sounds trivial, but people matter."
Author: Reid Hoffman
19. "Generally, social networking sites can be hugely promising and beneficial in opening new friendships and vistas and knowledge of the world, but they are also fraught with peril, when young people are reckless or headless."
Author: Richard Blumenthal
20. "I was also one of those people who hadn't caught up with the latest social networking site. Maura belonged to most of them. She passed most evenings befriending men who had tried to date-rape her in high school, but I was still stuck in the last virtual community, a sad place to be, like Europe, say, during the Black Death. Whenever I cruised this site, with its favorites lists and its paeans to somebody's cousin's gas station art gallery, I could not help but think of medieval corpses in the spring-thaw mud, buboes sprouted in every armpit and anus, black bile curling out of frozen mouths. Those of us still cursed with life wandered the blasted dales of this stricken network, wept and moaned and flogged ourselves with frayed AC adaptors, called out for God to strike us dead, or else let us find somebody who liked similar bands."
Author: Sam Lipsyte
Quotes About Social Networking Pictures