Famous Quotes About Society Being Corrupt
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Society Being Corrupt.
Top Quotes About Society Being Corrupt
1. "I loved being in London. Always walking everywhere, always out and about and always at markets, walking around Brick Lane and Covent Garden and Soho."
Author: Alice Temperley
2. "No one gets found in love. Everyone gets lost in it, Because love is overwhelming. Its beyond your control. You have to relinquish control to be in love. And that's a good thing. There's a beauty to being lost in something bigger than you."
Author: Andrew Kaufman
3. "Does she still love you?""I don't think so," Magnus said dryly. "She wasn't very pleasant the last time I saw her. Of course, that could be because I've got an eighteen year-old boyfriend with a stamina rune and she doesn't."Alec sputtered. "As the person being objectified, I ... object to that description of me."
Author: Cassandra Clare
4. "Are you tired of sand being kicked in your face? I promise you new muscles in days!"
Author: Charles Atlas
5. "A new kind of mind thus beings to come into being which is based on the development of a common meaning that is constantly transforming in the process of the dialogue."
Author: David Bohm
6. "The mistake you make, don't you see,is in thinking one can live in a corrupt society without being corrupt oneself. After all, what do you achieve by refusing to make money? You're trying to behave as though one could stand right outside our economic system. But one can't. One's got to change the system, or one changes nothing. One can't put things right in a hole-and-corner way, if you take my meaning."
Author: George Orwell
7. "Abby being in my room made it feel like home, and the emptiness no longer seemed right."
Author: Jamie McGuire
8. "Writers have to have a knack for listening. I need to be able to hear what is being said to me by the voices I create."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
9. "Risk means everything from being honest about your faith, to moving, to quitting a job that's paying you a fortune but it's not what's in your heart. Risking things is one of the biggest fears we have."
Author: John Tesh
10. "I tell you as well as myself: what we see with our own eyes is nothing other than a cloud concealing what we should perceive with our inner sight, while what we listen to with our ears is merely a ringing sound disturbing what we should understand with our hearts. When we see a man being taken to prion by a police officer let us not hasten to assume he is a wrong-doer. When we see a corpse, and a man standing beside it with bloodstained hands, let us not conclude that this is a victim and his assassin. When we hear one man singing and another lamenting, let us ascertain which one of the two is truly happy."
Author: Kahlil Gibran
11. "But the voice goes on, calling us, beckoning us, luring us to think that there might be such a thing as justice, as the world being put to rights, even though we find it so elusive. We're like moths trying to fly to the moon. We all know there's something called justice, but we can't quite get to it."
Author: N. T. Wright
12. "Whatever you read, there's no better place to read than the cockpit or the berth of a boat. It's kind of like being in a womb."
Author: Nathaniel Philbrick
13. "This is the time that I really miss being in my courtroom because I believe that that's the last place in this country where there's supposed to be fairness."
Author: Star Jones
14. ". . . and what are you exactly, my friend? Their subordinate? Their employee? Or, I would suggest, their equal? That's what young Karl would certainly have said, and probably still does. Unless he's no longer alive.' Dodger gave Solomon and strange look and Solomon hastened to clarify. "'Mmmm, as I recall, if you go around telling people that they are downtrodden, you tend to make two separate enemies: the people who are doing the downtreading and have no intention of stopping, and the people who are downtrodden, but nevertheless -- people being who they are -- don't want to know. They can get quite nasty about it.' (205)"
Author: Terry Pratchett
Quotes About Society Being Corrupt Pictures