Famous Quotes About Someone Almost Dying
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Someone Almost Dying.
Top Quotes About Someone Almost Dying
1. "It would be so great to have someone my own age to talk to, even if it was just about books."
Author: Alex Flinn
2. "As the Roman Empire came to its close, all the old gods of the pagan world were seen as demons by the Christians who rose. It was useless to tell them as the centuries passed that their Christ was but another God of the Wood, dying and rising, as Dionysus or Osiris had done before him, and that the Virgin Mary was in fact the Good Mother again enshrined. Theirs was a new age of belief and conviction, and in it we became devils, detached from what they believed, as old knowledge was forgotten or misunderstood."
Author: Anne Rice
3. "Her eyes were those of someone who's just fallen in love, someone who sees nothing but her lover, someone who has no fear of anything. The eyes of someone who believes that every dream will come true, that reality will move if you just give it a push."
Author: Banana Yoshimoto
4. "Life has no victims. There are no victims in this life.No one has the right to point fingers at his/her past and blame it for what he/she is today. We do not have the right to point our finger at someone else and blame that person for how we treat others, today.Don't hide in the corner, pointing fingers at your past. Don't sit under the table, talking about someone who has hurt you. Instead, stand up and face your past! Face your fears! Face your pain! And stomach it all! You may have to do so kicking and screaming and throwing fits and crying- but by all means- face it!This life makes no room for cowards."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
5. "Never invite someone who is speaking a foreign language in your presence to "Go back to your country." The only time that phrase is every acceptable is if you are British and you are speaking to Madonna."
Author: Celia Rivenbark
6. "Why do people, when they are wrong, twist the conversation around and place the blame on someone else?"
Author: Hilary Grossman
7. "America is so vast that almost everything said about it is likely to be true, and the opposite is probably equally true."
Author: James T. Farrell
8. "Every creative story is different. And yet every creative story is the same: There was nothing, now there is something. It's almost like magic."
Author: Jonah Lehrer
9. "A revolutionary career does not lead to banquets and honorary titles, interesting research and professorial wages. It leads to misery, disgrace, ingratitude, prison and a voyage into the unknown, illuminated by only an almost superhuman belief."
Author: Max Horkheimer
10. "I didn't realize until those few days how much a hug meant. To have someone hold you could be the greatest medicine of all."
Author: Melina Marchetta
11. "Then he holds her and for a moment I hear total silence; that totally silent part of a cry that announces that the most horrible grief is going to follow. And it does, and he's muffling it, but I can hear and I want someone to come over and jab her with a sedative because its pitch pierces my soul."
Author: Melina Marchetta
12. "Once someone dreams a dream, it can't just drop out of existence. But if the dreamer can't remember it, what becomes of it? It lives on in Fantastica, deep under earth. There are forgotten dreams stored in many layers. The deeper one digs, the closer they are. All Fantastica rests on a foundation of forgotten dreams."
Author: Michael Ende
13. "To die in a battle is often referred to as a heroic act, but I will never understand that. What glory is there in bleeding to death in agony on the battlefield? I have no intention of dying at the hands of my enemy."
Author: Peter Koevari
14. "I criticize a lot of players and coaches. But I back it up with facts. A lot of times guys get mad at me because someone told them what I said. I say, 'You're wrong: Go check the tape.'"
Author: Phil Simms
15. "Always give your resume of good deeds when you run into someone that you wronged many years ago. They simply need to know today's version of you before they judge you on yesterday's news."
Author: Shannon L. Alder
16. "Your choices of which clothes to wear or which soda to drink, where you live, which school to attend and what to study, and of course your profession all say something about you, and it's your job to make sure that they are an accurate reflection of who you really are.But who are you, really? The imperative "Just be yourself!" seems straightforward enough. (What could be easier than being who you already are?) Yet we often end up blinking in its headlights, perhaps frozen in place by the concomitant notion that we might, if we are not careful, turn into someone else. It's difficult to move forward when each step could move us further away from the "authentic" self, and so we dither."
Author: Sheena Iyengar
17. "Emblematic of this era was the prolific Viennese surgeon Theodor Billroth. Born in 1821, Billroth studied music and surgery with almost equal verve. (The professions still often go hand in hand. Both push manual skill to its limit; both mature with practice and age; both depend on immediacy, precision, and opposable thumbs.)"
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
18. "Challenging someone is good. You need to do it. Sometimes they don't even realize you're doing it, like when you joke with a goalie, 'What's wrong today? You losing it?'"
Author: Sidney Crosby
19. "I saw you happy. Happier than you've been in a long time. With someone you like that much, the lows are as low as the highs are high."
Author: Simone Elkeles
20. "His mother?" Gracie couldn't believe it. Suzy Denton looked much too young to be his mother. And much too respectable. "But you're not a-" She cut herself off in mid-sentence as she realized what she'd almost let slip.Suzy's wedding ring clicked against the steering wheel as she gave it a hard smack. "I'm going to kill him! He's been telling that hooker story again, hasn't he?"
Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
21. "Knowing someone isn't coming backdoesn't mean you ever stop waiting"
Author: Toby Barlow
22. "But he thought about him a lot in the years that followed, whenever anyone made a fag joke or said that gay men deserved to get AIDS. Sometimes, if the circumstances were right, Tim would challenge the speaker, ask if he- in Tim´s experience, it was always a he- had any friends who were gay. Almost always the guy would say no."Wait till you do" Tim would tell him. "That´s when you´ll realize what an asshole you used to be."
Author: Tom Perrotta
Quotes About Someone Almost Dying Pictures