Famous Quotes About Someone Who Breaks Your Heart
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Someone Who Breaks Your Heart.
Top Quotes About Someone Who Breaks Your Heart
1. "And we've read scary books and watched scary movies and TV shows together. He's met monsters, ghouls, and demons on the page and on the screen. There's nothing like watching Anaconda with your best friend or lying in bed next to your mother reading Roald Dahl, because that way you get to explore dark stuff safely. You get to laugh with it, to step out on the vampire's dance floor and take him for a spin, and then step back into your life. When you make friends with fear, it can't rule you."
Author: Anne Lamott
2. "The power of HEART is much stronger than the power of MIND to empower our life."
Author: Anuj Somany
3. "You didn't wake up, your dreams just changed gear."
Author: Ben Elton
4. "If you truly own who you are, no one can use you against you."
Author: Chris Colfer
5. "Bill Withers and Curtis Mayfield, those are the people who informed me in playing the bass."
Author: Colin Greenwood
6. "Those who hate rain hate life."
Author: Dejan Stojanovic
7. "Ma chère, I serve a man who multiplied the loaves and fishes"—he smiled, nodding at the pool, where the swirls of the carps' feeding were still subsiding—"who healed the sick and raised the dead. Shall I be astonished that the master of eternity has brought a young woman through the stones of the earth to do His will?" Well, I reflected, it was better than being denounced as the whore of Babylon."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
8. "Everything you do on set is directly related to your imagination when you read the script for the first time."
Author: Ewan McGregor
9. "Tomorrow you may bring about the destruction of your world. Tomorrow you may sing in Paradise above the smoking ruins of your world-cities. But tonight I would like to think of one man, a lone individual, a man without name or country, a man whom I respect because he has absolutely nothing in common with you - MYSELF. Tonight I shall meditate upon that which I am."
Author: Henry Miller
10. "Through such advanced techniques like sleeping, I started exploring the depths of me. And until you find out who you are, or stop yawning, I suggest you do the same."
Author: Jarod Kintz
11. "...a strong heart will always overcome a strong body"
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
12. "They tried to teach you to make lists in grade school, remember? Back when your day planner was the back of your hand. And if your assignments came off in the shower, well, then they didn't get done. No direction, they said. No discipline. So they tried to get you to write it all down somewhere more permanent."
Author: Jonathan Nolan
13. "It is tempting when looking at the life of anyone who has committed suicide to read into the decision to die a vastly complex web of reasons; and, of course, such complexity is warranted. No one illness or event causes suicide; and certainly no one knows all, or perhaps even most, of the motivations behind the killing of the self. But psychopathology is almost always there, and its deadliness is fierce. Love, success, and friendship are not always enough to counter the pain and destructiveness of severe mental illness"
Author: Kay Redfield Jamison
14. "I do know plenty of atheists, agnostics and skeptics who have become Christians through the years. In fact, several of my friends were once strong atheists but are now committed followers of Jesus."
Author: Lee Strobel
15. "The man who ten years earlier and one year later was considered a bandit and outlaw is sent a two-day sail from France, to an island given into his possession, with his guards and several million, which are paid to him for some reason."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
16. "Sometimes when life hits you with too much, it makes you stronger and you learn from it. I know where I want to go while some of my friends don't. Life has brought me maturity. I make my decisions based on who I don't want to be, rather than whom everyone else wants me to be. I always want to be better. It took me time to see this, but it's true."
Author: Lisa De Jong
17. "A pleasant voice, which has to include clear enunciation, is not only attractive to those who hear it... its appeal is permanent."
Author: Loretta Young
18. "For one who reads, there is no limit to the number of lives that may be lived, for fiction, biography, and history offer an inexhaustible number of lives in many parts of the world, in all periods of time."
Author: Louis L'Amour
19. "Dreiser... I love... and almost wouldn't speak to anyone who ever attacked him."
Author: Marguerite Young
20. "That feeling of hopelessness only serves your masters."
Author: Mort Sahl
21. "Rankin put down his glass and stared at him coldly. "I beg your pardon?" he said. "I gather this is some more of your officious—"Laurence paid no attention, but seized the back of his chair and heaved. Rankin fell forward, scrabbling to catch himself on the floor. Laurence took him by the scruff of his coat and dragged him up to his feet, ignoring his gasp of pain."Laurence, what in God's name—" Lenton said in astonishment, rising to his feet."Levitas is dying; Captain Rankin wishes to make his farewells," Laurence said, looking Lenton squarely in the eye and holding Rankin up by the collar and the arm. "He begs to be excused." The other captains stared, half out of their chairs. Lenton looked at Rankin, then very deliberately sat back down. "Very good," he said, and reached for the bottle; the other captains slowly sank back down as well."
Author: Naomi Novik
22. "If biking is your passion, set aside time to enjoy a good ride."
Author: Patrick Dempsey
23. "He asked my girlfriend if we could come over and sing some of the songs that we had written, which we did. After he heard the songs, he said that he knew someone in the record business by the name of Bob Shad."
Author: Phil Harris
24. "Free your mind, Jowendrhan. A cage is only a cage as long as you believe it is."
25. "This one kid Mark at the party that gave me this came out of nowhere looked at the sky and told me to see the stars. So, I looked up, and we were in this giant dome like a glass snowball, and Mark said that the amazing white stars were really only holes in the black glass of the dome, and when you went to heaven, the glass broke away, and there was nothing of a whole sheet of star white, which is brighter than anyhting but doensn't hurt your eyes."
Author: Stephen Chbosky
26. "To all those unfortunate men who are widowers, I throw the sublime proclamation of Bonaparte to the army of Italy: "Soldiers, you are in need of everything; the enemy has it."
Author: Victor Hugo
27. "All of the information that we were getting up to that time from the NRC people, from our people who knew something about nuclear power, was that the breach of the core was not a likelihood to happen."
Author: William Scranton
28. "But we should not cling! A plague upon fundamentalists and literalists! I am reminded of a story of Lord Krishna when he was a cowherd. Every night he invites the milkmaids to dance with him in the forest. They come and they dance. The night is dark, the fire in their midst roars and crackles, the beat of the music gets ever faster - the girls dance and dance and dance with their sweet lord, who has made himself so abundant as to be in the arms of each and every girl. But the moment the girls become possessive, the moment each one imagines that Krishna is her partner alone, he vanishes. So it is that we should not be jealous with God."
Author: Yann Martel
Quotes About Someone Who Breaks Your Heart Pictures