Famous Quotes About Something Never Happening
Browse 33 famous quotes and sayings about Something Never Happening.
Top Quotes About Something Never Happening
1. "St. Augustine wrote something once, something I think about often," he said. " ‘God triumphs on the ruins of our plans.' And maybe that is what is happening here. We make blunders, we make mistakes, and somehow new doors open, new possibilities arise, opportunities of which we've never dreamed."
Author: Anne Rice
2. "It's always going to be easy to live like others or other's life, because creating or innovating something of own is always difficult in comparison to buying or borrowing anything from others."
Author: Anuj Somany
3. "There's pressure to come up with something genius every time. I feel like I keep letting myself down with my Twitter posts. I have to start keeping a journal of rough drafts of prophetic ideas about the world."
Author: Ari Graynor
4. "Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit."
Author: Bear Bryant
5. "During this very, very long poemYou could have connectedMaybe you are connectingMaybe we're connectingSee, I believe that the only things that really matterIn the grand scheme of life are God and peopleAnd if people are made in the image of GodThen when you spend your time with peopleIt's never wasted- A Very Long Poem, by Marty Schoenleber III"
Author: Colleen Hoover
6. "No doubt, the White House thinks the American people know Obama's story. But since the Inauguration, we've seen only the president's present: his perfect family, his Ivy League elegance, his effortless mastery of complex issues. We never see him sweat. And we forget that he ever had to struggle."
Author: Dee Dee Myers
7. "It's okay. I'm just in a weird mood. Have you ever had a feeling like something was about to happen?""Of course," Kat replied. "It's called PMS."
Author: Dianne Sylvan
8. "We all look for love, roving in the cocoon of affection, never wanting to venture out of the warmth of the silk or the rims of the emotion"
Author: Dr.Mohammed Abad Alrazak
9. "You took my heart and you held it in your mouthAnd, with a word all my love came rushing outAnd, every whisper, it's the worst, emptied out by a single wordThere is a hollow in me now...And Every whisper, every sighEats away at this heart of mineAnd there is a hollow in me now.So I put my faith in something unknownI'm living on such sweet nothingBut I'm trying to hope with nothing to holdI'm living on such sweet nothing."
Author: Florence Welch
10. "The people who wrote the mediaeval ballads knew more about fairies than you do. It isn't only nice things that happen in fairyland. .…I never said it was wrong to enter fairyland. I only said it was dangerous."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
11. "I've never been the sexy or the cute girl."
Author: Izabella Scorupco
12. "Any difficulties posed by lack of rooms, space or even beds should never be permitted to interfere with the demands of hospitality to family or friends. Something can always be contrived."
Author: Jane Austen
13. "I'd heard about Texas football and how much of a religion it is, but to go to Odessa and experience it first-hand is something different than just hearing about it."
Author: Jay Hernandez
14. "The fact was, I wanted the same thing again and again. And so I yielded, bought the good, took them home, cooked, ate, accompanied usually by music, preferably a public radio station that played music I liked. And I am here to tell you, the pleasure never diminished I was happy every time. - Beverly Lowery"
Author: Jenni Ferrari Adler
15. "Right now I want a word that describes the feeling that you get--a cold sick feeling, deep down inside--when you know something is happening that will change you, and you don't want it to, but you can't stop it. And you know, for the first time, for the very first time, that there will now be a before and an after, a was and a will be. And that you will never again quite be the same person you were."
Author: Jennifer Donnelly
16. "And in our Scripture class, Owen said, "IT'S TRUE THAT THE DISCIPLES ARE STUPID - THEY NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT JESUS MEANS, THEY'RE A BUNCH OF BUNGLERS, THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD AS MUCH AS THEY WANT TO BELIEVE, AND THEY EVEN BETRAY JESUS. THE POINT IS, GOD DOESN'T LOVE US BECAUSE WE'RE SMART OR BECAUSE WE'RE GOOD. WE'RE STUPID AND WE'RE BAD AND GOD LOVES US ANYWAY - JESUS ALREADY TOLD THE DUMB-SHIT DISCIPLES WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. "THE SON OF MAN WILL BE DELIVERED INTO THE HANDS OF MEN, AND THEY WILL KILL HIM..." REMEMBER? THAT WAS IN MARK, RIGHT?""Yes, but let's not say "dumb-shit disciples" in class, Owen," Mr. Merrill said."
Author: John Irving
17. "If we were scars, our memories would be the stitches holding us together. You couldn't cut them apart, and if you did, it would tear you in two.""But my memories hurt," she said. "I want to forget. There's so much I just want to forget.""How are you going to do that ? Everything that's happened to you is still happening today. Once something has begun, it doesn't end. There, in your head, it never ends."
Author: Kai Meyer
18. "No one fears death more than immortals. Humans adjust to their lot in life little bits at a time. They're introduced to the concept with goldfish, then move up to puppies, ancient relatives and reckless friends, each victim closer to them than the last. Death follows them through life, making itself known. Numbing them bit by bit until there is nothing left in them but resignation. We had no such preparation. We were never meant to die."
Author: Kaitlin Bevis
19. "Excitement is never comfortable. When it comes, you just hang on and hope you don't fall off."
Author: Karen Hawkins
20. "Don't leave me, Rainbow Girl."Rainbow Girl. Was that who I was?It seemed so long ago. I smiled faintly. "Remember the skirt I wore to Mallucé's the night you told me to dress Goth?""It's upstairs in your closet. Never throw it away. It looked like a wet dream on you."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
21. "You have enchanted me with a single kissWhich can never be undoneUntil the destruction of language"
Author: Kenneth Koch
22. "The sage produces without possessing, acts without expectations, and accomplishes without abiding in her accomplishments. It is precisely because she does not abide in them that they never leave her."
Author: Lao Tzu
23. "I thought if you wore that, no matter what face you saw every morning in the mirror," he said in his deep voice, "you'll never forget who you really are."My eyes filling with tear, I held my hand out across the tabletop. He grasped my fingers, his grip strong and reassuring."As if I ever could," I said, my voice clogged with emotion, "with you around to remind me."
Author: Meg Cabot
24. "I don't mind nothing happening in a book, but nothing happening in a phony way--characters saying things people never say, doing jobs that don't fit, the whole works--is simply asking too much of a reader. Something happening in a phony way must beat nothing happening in a phony way every time, right? I mean, you could prove that, mathematically, in an equation, and you can't often apply science to literature."
Author: Nick Hornby
25. "Leo wondered what unknown sin they must have committed in some previous life to deserve this. The answer came the same way their feet later shocked to life in the warming hut after being so numb for hours- you think you'll never feel your toes again, and then all of a sudden life, damaged, stiffened, clammy, but life, dog-eat-dog life! We have not done a single thing to deserve this."
Author: Peter Orner
26. "But I must go on," said the Lady Amalthea, "for it is never finished. Even when I wake, I cannot tell what is real, and what I am dreaming as I move and speak and eat my dinner. I remember what cannot have happened, and forget something that is happening to me know. People look at me as though I should know them, and I do know them in the dream, and always the fire draws me nearer, though I am awake—"
Author: Peter S. Beagle
27. "I am already living, but something is telling me with unchallengeable authority: you are not living properly. The numinous authority of form enjoys the prerogative of being able to tell me 'You must'. It is the authority of a different life in this life. This authority touches on a subtle insufficiency within me that is older and freer than sin; it is my innermost not-yet. In my most conscious moment, I am affected by the absolute objection to my status quo: my change is the one thing that is necessary. If you do indeed subsequently change your life, what you are doing is no different from what you desire with your whole will as soon as you feel how a vertical tension that is valid for you unhinges your life."
Author: Peter Sloterdijk
28. "Your self-confidence is simply the part of your brain that tells you whether or not you should try something different or new or believe in yourself, and just as a Jedi truly believes that it is within their power to control their thoughts and stay in the Light, so can you."
Author: Stephen Richards
29. "Life is just one long day separated into sections by sleep. Life never stops happening until you are dead. So whatever happens-love, grief, hate, shame- never disappears. It just gets easier to live with. It just scabs over, waiting for something else significant to happen."
Author: Sunshine O'Donnell
30. "I think that must be a lot like how God has it--not to sound as if I think I'm anything like God, mind you. But the whole idea--sitting up there behind glass you can't be seen through. The person down below looks up and it's just a reflection of themselves, a mirror is what they see. But behind the glass, somebody who loves you more than anything is watching, and is hoping for the best for you, and cheering you on, and is loving you even when you are doing something you shouldn't be."
Author: Suzanne Strempek Shea
31. "With any role, you're extending yourself and acting out things that never happened to you."
Author: Tom Hiddleston
32. "Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out."
Author: Vaclav Havel
33. "I think humor is a very serious thing. I use it as a way of weakening the reader's defenses so that I can more easily take him to something more."
Author: William Collins
Quotes About Something Never Happening Pictures