Famous Quotes About Something New And Exciting
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Something New And Exciting.
Top Quotes About Something New And Exciting
1. "Karl was no glamour boy. But even during this first meeting I discovered he had something better. The kind of intelligence that's more attractive than physical beauty."
Author: Aidan Chambers
2. "From this process has emerged a parallel process of translating traditional working and living values into a new political and economic power - a power increasingly based upon the strength of money and those material things money can purchase."
Author: Alex Campbell
3. "Who says history is stagnant? For a historian, facts do not change; it is the way we look at things, our interpretations, that are always changing. This is what makes history exciting - that we can always find something new in what is old."
Author: Ambeth R. Ocampo
4. "The [Booker] prize was actually responsible in many ways for my political activism. I won this thing and I was suddenly the darling of the new emerging Indian middle class – they needed a princess. They had the wrong woman. I had this light shining on me at the time, and I knew that I had the stage to say something about what was happening in my country. What is exciting about what I have done since is that writing has become a weapon, some kind of ammunition."
Author: Arundhati Roy
5. "For home had a way of shifting, of changing shape and temperature. Home was homeless. It could exist anywhere, because its only substance was familiarity. If it was broken by long journeys or tornadoes it emerged again, reinvented itself with new decor, new idiosyncrasies of morning, noon and dusk, and old routines."
Author: Diana Evans
6. "In the creative industries, there are few things more exciting than a zinger - a thought, idea, line, plot device - anything really, that just totally works in a fundamentally new and fresh way. It's like a uniquely lovely melody or a new taste idea in cooking. Something special, something new, something wonderful. They're also very rare."
Author: Jasper Fforde
7. "You've fallen in love with someone and feel that the both of you was meant to be. However, something or someone is standing in the way..... wait patiently, continue to have faith and set that one free from out of your life if that question ever gets asked.... and in due time your question will be answered. ......Jonathan Anthony Burkett"
Author: Jonathan Anthony Burkett
8. "Don't you long for something different to happen, something so exciting and new it carries you along with it like a great tide, something that lets your life blaze and burn so the whole world can see it?"
Author: Juliet Marillier
9. "All through luncheon fragments of my conversation with Lord Trimingham kept coming back to me. Two things stood out: one was that whatever happened it was never a lady's fault, and the other, that is might be necessary to kill someone although you didn't really dislike him. These were new ideas to me and their magnamity appealed to me very much."Leo"
Author: L.P. Hartley
10. "I sometimes worried I'd never experience that sense of wonder you feel meeting a new friend or traveling to a new place for the first time. I was afraid the major milestones of my life, marriage and childbirth, were past. Was it foolish to hope I still had something exciting ahead of me, something even important, that I could have a life of my own?"
Author: Lilly Ledbetter
11. "It's so exciting to be doing radio on the cutting edge of technology. Being in on something new is the biggest thrill in the world."
Author: Lynn Samuels
12. "A wrongdoer is often a man who has left something undone, not always one who has done something."
Author: Marcus Aurelius
13. "I like the word 'affection' because it signifies something habitual, and we are soon to meet to try whether we have mind enough to keep our hearts warm."
Author: Michael Kelahan
14. "The secret to so many artists living so long is that every painting is a new adventure. So, you see, they're always looking ahead to something new and exciting. The secret is not to look back."
Author: Norman Rockwell
15. "I'm not going to roll the window down," I told him. "This car doesn't have automatic windows. I'd have to pull over and go around and lower it manually. Besides, it's cold outside, and unlike you, I don't have a fur coat."He lifted his lip in a mock snarl and put his nose on the dashboard with a thump."You're smearing the windshield," I told him.He looked at me and deliberately ran his nose across his side of the glass.I rolled my eyes. "Oh, that was mature. The last time I saw someone do something that grown-up was when my little sister was twelve."
Author: Patricia Briggs
16. "Solitude in the city is about the lack of other people or rather their distance beyond a door or wall, but in remote places it isn't an absence but the presence of something else, a kind of humming silence in which solitude seems as natural to your species as to any other, words strange rocks you may or may not turn over."
Author: Rebecca Solnit
17. "I can't wait to front my band with these new songs and play for fans, but I've decided to keep my day job too."
Author: Richard Marx
18. "I wanted to be a part of something special and contributing to the launch of a new league was very exciting to me."
Author: Rickey Henderson
19. "It is never too late to get into tennis! While I started playing at the age of 8 when my parents gave me a tennis racquet for Christmas, tennis is a lifelong sport that can be enjoyed by people of almost any age. It's also something you never forget once you learn."
Author: Samantha Stosur
20. "Today is a new day! You have the opportunity to pick up life's pen and change your story. Become the hero; the greatest hero in your story, and you'll see how much more exciting your life will be. You will watch your goals and dreams transition from something you simply hoped for to something within your powerful grasp."
Author: Steve Maraboli
21. "Harper saw a dark young guy, trying to stop from laughing so much. By some trick of perspective the tracers illuminated Sam's profile with a halo of fireflies. Something about him touched Harper, so that long after the gunship had swung low and away Sam's image remained on his retina."
Author: Witi Ihimaera
Quotes About Something New And Exciting Pictures