Famous Quotes About Something You Deserve
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Something You Deserve.
Top Quotes About Something You Deserve
1. "The capacity to do something horrible to someone who doesn't deserve it is there in everyone, human or hybrid. Being human doesn't make you any less likely to kill someone; being hybrid any more."
Author: Addison Lane
2. "And every time I did spectacularly well in my classes, and I'm here to tell you that I did spectacularly well, I could always see the look of surprise on my professors' faces. You don't think I noticed? What you saw on Dave's face, I saw every damned day of my academic career. So what, Andres? I wanted to do something, to be something - and I did it. I don't think I deserve a medal, and I don't think I'm particularly special. I wanted to do something, and I figured out a way to do it."
Author: Benjamin Alire Sáenz
3. "Can't you just relax," she asked him, "just for a little while?""The rules—""Everyone else—""I cannot be everyone else!" Dalinar said, more sharply than he intended. "If I ignore our code and ethics, what am I, Navani? The other highprinces and lighteyes deserve recrimination for what they do, and I have let them know it. If I abandon my principles, then I become something far worse than they. A hypocrite!"
Author: Brandon Sanderson
4. "I've been gone for a long time. I really want to give the fans something that they deserve to have. So, I'm working really hard on this. I really want to make it the best work I've done so far."
Author: Brandy Norwood
5. "Every small thing grows when you nurture it, Rosie. Love is just the same. But if that is making you miserable then, leave and find something else that brings you happiness you deserve to feel."
Author: Cecelia Ahern
6. "Jacey," I continue, trying to make my voice steady, "I don't know what I can offer you. But I'll try to offer you something more than… this. I know you deserve more. Trust me, I know that. You're different from everyone I know. You're a breath of fresh air, and I just want to keep breathing you in. That's a big thing for me, you have no idea."
Author: Courtney Cole
7. "I love you," she says."I love you," I say.And then we hang up, because nothing else needs to be said after that.I want to give Zara her life back. Even if I feel I deserve something like this, I don't deserve it at her expense."
Author: David Levithan
8. "He wants to tell her that he is not hopeless, that he is not filled with hatred or violence, that he is not a number, a 300 or 600 or any hundred, but just a kid with no one and nothing, and who would do anything to make it otherwise. Just tell me how, he wants to scream. He wants to tell her what it's like to have the same dream night after night, that he's playing tag with his little sister, laughing, happy - then waking up and not knowing if the image in his head is a dim memory, or just something his mind cooked up to fill the black hole. Do you know what it's like to have no past? he wants to ask. And behind it all, like a ringing in his ears, is the question that really nags at him all the time, the one that has haunted him since he was six years old and his family evaporated. He wants to ask it, then and there and for good: What did I do wrong back then? What did I do to deserve this life?"
Author: Edward Humes
9. "Never accept evil as something you must walk with, something you deserve."
Author: Ellen Hopkins
10. "I can't give you much, or anything at all. But when I say those words to you, it won't just be words—It will be me giving you something that means something. And you deserve to know that, to feel that. So please, let me be the first to say it—because I need to be able to at least give you that...and when I do—those three words will be yours, forever. And so will I."
Author: Jay McLean
11. "He did something truly remarkable with hips, causing me to gasp."Yeah," he said smugly. "I deserve another kiss."Yes. Yes he did."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
12. "I don't know. i don't care. all i know is when you pay for something that's supposed to give you a cup of coffee, you deserve to get your fucking cup of coffee."
Author: Jodi Picoult
13. "Here's the sick, twisted thing: part of me thinks i deserve this. that maybe if i wasn't such an asshole, issac would have been real. if i wasn't such a lame excuse for a person, something right might happen to me. it's not fair, because i didn't ask for dad to leave, and i didn't ask to be depressed, and i didn't ask for us to have no money, and i didn't ask to want to fuck boys, and i didn't ask to be so stupid, and i didn't ask to have no real friends, and i didn't ask to have half the shit that comes out of my mouth come out of my mouth. all i wanted was one fucking break, one idiotic good thing, that was clearly too much to ask for, too much to want."
Author: John Green
14. "Fear holds us back from living the lives we want. Use your 20s to make bold decisions, follow different paths, learn from heartbreak, and figure out who you are. When you're 30, do you want to look back at the same boring job, the stale relationship that isn't working, and no stamps in your passport? If you want something different, if you want a life that is filled with experiences, if you want to learn and grow, if you want to make a difference…conquer the fears, believe in yourself, and just do it. You may be questioning something right now. You may be battling thoughts in your mind about taking a leap. Ask yourself what you have to lose if you leap. Ask yourself what kind of stories you want to have. Ask yourself if you're worth it, if you deserve it."
Author: Katie Robinson
15. "He did not really understand the game they were playing: in his world, the best way to get something was to deserve it, not to toady to the giver."
Author: Ken Follett
16. "They don't find peace. It's pure bullshit. When something unspeakable happens, or when you do something unspeakable, it changes you. It takes you apart and reassembles you. You are a Frankenstein of circumstance, and the parts never fit back quite right and the life you live is a stolen one. You don't deserve to walk among the living, and you know it."
Author: Lisa Unger
17. "I was too fresh from childhood. Subconsciously, my deepest brain still a cupboard of fairy tales, I suppose I believed that if pretty woman was no longer pretty she had done something to deserve it. I had a young girl's belief that this kind of negative aging would never come to me. Death would come to me - I knew this from reading British poetry. But the drying, hunching, blanching, hobbling, fading, fattening, thinning, slowing? I would just not let that happen to moi."
Author: Lorrie Moore
18. "I don't deserve you. I'm not made for relationships. I know I'm going to fuck this up. I'm going to drive you away or do something to hurt you, and you'll be added to my list of people I screwed over. You should walk away now."
Author: M.A. Stacie
19. "He might be out of her skin, but she'd left him as something other than what he'd been before- not moral, but not strong enough to deserve the title of Dark King."
Author: Melissa Marr
20. "When I touched that boy, I felt something. Something awful. Something I can't describe.""We all felt it," Nick said."You may have felt it, but I caused it." Then both his eyes seemed to go far away. "Something changed out there. I don't know what it was, but something in the world changed because that kid didn't deserve what I did to him—and the powers that be know that I did it." Nick watched as a tear fell from his Everlost eye and disappeared through the living world table."What if," said Nick, not even sure what he was going to say yet, "what if you were that kid and you were told you could change the world, but you would have to sacrifice yourself to do it?"Clarence chuckled at the thought. "I believe that question was already asked a long time ago, and that creepy kid did not look anything like Jesus to me.""But you do think that something changed. . . .""I don't know whether it's good or bad.""What if it's neither?" suggested Nick. "What if we get to make it one or the other?"
Author: Neal Shusterman
21. "Jude," I said, biting my lip. "I just can't. I can't do this." His expression darkened. "I know I don't deserve a second, or third, or whatever the hell this is chance, but you and I have something special, Luce, and you know it. Give me another chance, one more chance, and I'll walk a line so straight people will think I've been possessed." God I wanted to look away from those eyes, but I just couldn't. They were impossible to ignore. "One more chance. Not because I deserve it, but because we deserve one."
Author: Nicole Williams
22. "I knew there was going to be pain whether I did anything wrong or not – so maybe I should do something to actually deserve it."
Author: Rebecca Donovan
23. "Sometimes the crime follows the punishment, which only serves to prove the foresight of the Great God.""That's what my grandmother used to say," said Brutha automatically."Indeed? I would like to know more about this formidable lady.""She used to give me a thrashing every morning because I would certainly do something to deserve it during the day," said Brutha."A most complete understanding of the nature of mankind,"
Author: Terry Pratchett
Quotes About Something You Deserve Pictures