Famous Quotes About Sorry
Browse 2140 famous quotes and sayings about Sorry.
Top Quotes About Sorry
1. "Now constipation was quite a different matter...It would be dreadful for the whole world to know about troubles of that nature. She felt terribly sorry for people who suffered from constipation, and she knew that there were many who did. There were probably enough of them for a political party - which a chance of government. Perhaps - but what would such a party do if it was in power? Nothing, she imagined. It would try to pass legislation, but would fail." (p, 195)"
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
2. "We found Trent and pulled him off the leggy girl. "Trent, it's time to get home before your parents realize we snuck out." I said. "What?" he asked confusedly. "Plus the bouncer found out we were sixteen and he does not look happy." Logan added. The girl froze, "You're sixteen? What the hell. You little perv, you're going to pay for this." Trent sputtered, "What? No." Logan looked at her all doe eyed innocence and said "Sorry Ma'am, we have to get home now because it's past our curfew." Trent stood open mouthed in shock but his eyes were shooting murderous rays. So many death glares, so little time."
Author: Amanda Kelly
3. "Right." He slowly stood up. "This is new territory for you. Stupid sequestering, the Keepers better not have turned you into a nun or something."I snatched a book off my nightstand and threw it at him. "Get out of my room!"He caught the book in midair and laid it on the bed. "Easy, Lily. That was a bad joke. I didn't mean any offense."I shook with humiliation. "You don't know what it's been like.""I know, and I'm sorry." He came to my side and cupped my face. "I'm sure it hasn't been fun. You deserve better."I nodded. He lowered his head, softly brushing his lips over mine. "I'll show you how much fun it can be. You need to trust me."
Author: Andrea Cremer
4. "Football is a fertility festival. Eleven sperm trying to get into the egg. I feel sorry for the goalkeeper."
5. "You think to baffle me, you with your pale faces all in a row, like sheep in a butcher's. You shall be sorry yet, each one of you! You think you have left me without a place to rest, but I have more. My revenge is just begun! I spread it over centuries, and time is on my side. Your girls that you all love are mine already. And through them you and others shall yet be mine, my creatures, to do my bidding and to be my jackals when I want to feed. Bah!"
Author: Bram Stoker
6. "I feel so sorry that many Christians live in bondage even though Jesus has signed their release form with His own blood."
Author: Brother Yun
7. "He's probably one of those "love the one you're with" guys -- meaning he automatically goes after whatever woman happens to be around when he's feeling horny.""Just another reason why I'll never get married," I say, getting out of the car."Oh, Carrie." He sighs. "I feel sorry for you, then. I worry that you'll never find true love."
Author: Candace Bushnell
8. "Oh, my! I'm so sorry, my lord!" I apologised, my voice coated with sarcasm. "As hardy as I am, it's just impossible to catch myself when I trip."
Author: Cayla Kluver
9. "I'm sorry, but I was born with a towel on my head."
Author: Charles Olson
10. "Tally yanked her hand away and stuck it behind her back. "God. I am so sorry." She'd touched him. Felt the heat of his tanned skin, felt the crisp hairs at his groin...felt...oh, man."Nice try, but no cigar. Want to go for two out of three?"Tally closed her eyes and blew out a breath. "Oh, this day just gets better and better.""It's certainly looking up for me." With an amused glance, the pirate hitched his shorts back over the sharp angle of his hipbones. There'd been so sign of a tan line."
Author: Cherry Adair
11. "I heard you calling to me, love. I'm sorry it took me so long it get here."
Author: Corrine Jackson
12. "Ahem",she says. "I figured you were the only kid in the building, so it had to be you."It's too easy--I can't resist."Excuse me" I say somewhat abruptly."It's you, right?"I make George look as confused as possible. "Do I know you?"Now she starts to doubt herself. "Oh, I'm sorry. I just, uh, am supposed to meet somebody.""What does he look like?""I don't, um, know. It's, like, an online thing."I grunt. "Shouldnt you be in school?""Shouldnt you be in school?""I can't. There's this amazing girl I'm supposed to meet."She looks me hard. "You jerk."
Author: David Levithan
13. "She says what holds their marriage together is that she feels too damn sorry for him to ask for a divorce."
Author: Dean Koontz
14. "Being sorry is the highest act of selfishness, seeing value only after discarding it."
Author: Douglas Horton
15. "Well, Faye, dear, I'm sure Harlow's sorry she didn't think to ask if you'd been eaten by a shark. That's totally on her."
Author: Elle Lothlorien
16. "Amory, sorry for them, was still not sorry for himself - art, politics, religion, whatever his medium should be, he knew he was safe now, free from all hysteria - he could accept what was acceptable, roam, grow, rebel, sleep deep through many nights...There was no God in his heart, he knew; his ideas were still in riot; there was ever the pain of memory; the regret for his lost youth - yet the waters of disillusion had left a deposit on his soul, responsibility and a love of life, the faint stirring of old ambitions and unrealized dreams...And he could not tell why the struggle was worth while, why he had determined to use to the utmost himself and his heritage from the personalities he had passed...He stretched out his arms to the crystalline, radiant sky."I know myself," he cried, "but that is all."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
17. "Tell him yes. Even if you are dying of fear, even if you are sorry later, because whatever you do, you will be sorry all the rest of your life if you say no."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
18. "How strange it is, Anna. Yesterday, I have filed in my mind as a good day, notwithstanding it was filled with mortal illness and the grieving of the recently bereft. Yet it is a good day, for the simple fact that no one died upon it. We are brought to a sorry state, that we measure what is good by such a shortened yardstick."
Author: Geraldine Brooks
19. "No words for a long time. Which is fine, because even the most important ones-- I love you. I'm sorry. Forgive me? I'm here-- are only stand-ins for what you can say better without talking at all."
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
20. " Dear rabbis, I'm so sorry, I nuked your circle dude. Here is his head as a souvenir. Yeah, that would fly."
Author: Ilona Andrews
21. "No writer need feel sorry for himself if he writes and enjoys it, even if he doesn't get paid."
Author: Irwin Shaw
22. "I am sorry: sorry you have come in for this burden: sorry about everything. Don't adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
23. "So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry"
Author: Jack Kerouac
24. "Uh-oh,' said Gazzy, but Angel was so nauseated she didn't have time to leap to a safe distance, or grab a gas maskBbbbbrrrrrrrttthhhhhhttttttt.'Mother of God, no!' Total cried, doing a fast belly-crawl to the pool and throwing himself in. 'You said it wasn't your digestive system!''What was that?' Dylan asked. He winced and threw an arm oer his nose and mouth....'Sorry,' Gazzy said miserably, but he couldn't help a tiny grin.Nudge was clawing at a stack of towels to cover her face.'Nice one, Gaz,' said Iggy....'Wait-that was Gazzy? Is that why you call him...Oh, crap,' Dylan said weakly."
Author: James Patterson
25. "I'm sorry, Shepley," I called after him.He froze and wheeled around, with the face of a man that had reached his limit. "I wish you and Travis would just get your shit together! You're a goddamn tornado! When you're happy, it's love and peace and butterflies. When you're pissed, you take the whole fucking world down with you!"
Author: Jamie McGuire
26. "I murdered all my staff. I'm terribly sorry. I thought they were someone else (my wife)."
Author: Jarod Kintz
27. "I am immensely contrite. And I'm sorry for the damage I've done."
Author: Jayson Blair
28. "Apollo's lips spread into a smile. "Sorry. I'll try to come after dinner next time." The bowl disappeared from his hands, and I wondered where it went. "Well, it's good to see the Scooby gang all in one piece. Warms my heart and all that jazz, but let's get to the point."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
29. "I knew he was a prick, but a part of me wanted to hear what he'd say, to hear him say how sorry he really was that he'd screwed up. I wanted groveling for forgiveness and pledges of undying love. As dumb as I knew it was, I wanted him to fight for me, to prove that I hadn't made a mistake by believing in him. Or us."
Author: Jenny O'Connell
30. "I was afterwards sorry for this, though, if I ever travel again, I shall trust to none but natives, as the climate of Africa is too trying to foreigners."
Author: John Hanning Speke
31. "Noah's fingers lightly touched the long thick ridge below my left shoulder blade. His voice pitched low. "I'm sorry, baby." "No one else knows, Noah. Not even Lila." He kissed my back as he slid his hand over the scars on my arm. "You 're beautiful", he whispered against my skin. Noah lifted my arm and kept eye contact as his mouth trailed kisses along the scars. Pure hunger darkened those chocolate-brown eyes. "Kiss me."
Author: Katie McGarry
32. "It didn't hurt, did it? When I hit you?" "Sure. Fractured skull. Concussion, the lot..." "But seriously, Kath. No hard feelings, right? I'm awfully sorry. I honestly am."
Author: Kazuo Ishiguro
33. "We've been out of the closet for about 40 years.' His lips parted. ‘Out of the closet?' A grin came over my face. ‘Sorry, we came clean, uh, we told them we existed after a virus hiding in tomatoes, a sort of a plague, started killing humans. It dropped their numbers by about a quarter. They were going to find out about us anyway because we weren't dying.' Pierce watched my moving foot and smiled with half his face. ‘I've always been of the mind that tomatoes were the fruit of the devil', he said."
Author: Kim Harrison
34. "Cyrus's father looked at his son. "Is that true?"Cyrus wouldn't look at his dad, or anyone else. It was hard to look tough when you're being held in someone's arms, but he did his best to pull it off, even crossing beefy arms across his chest."Cyrus, I asked you a question, don't make me ask twice.""Yes," he finally said, very sullen."I don't know what got into him, but I'm sorry."Kevin Appleton said, "When Becky does something wrong she does her own apologizing."Cyrus's father glared at Appleton, but he said, "Apologize to the little girl, Cyrus.""I didn't mean to hurt her. I wanted to hurt him!" He pointed his own dramatic finger at Matthew."Matthew didn't start the fight, Cyrus, you did. Apologize to both of them, now."He turned a pouting face to Becky. "I'm sorry I hurt you, I didn't mean to.""I don't accept!" Becky said. Her eyes were dark and furious. I liked her."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
35. "Anyway, if you need your heroes to be perfect, you won't have very many. Even Superman had his Kryptonite. I'd rather have my heroes be more like me: trying to do the right thing, sometimes messing up. Making mistakes. Saying you're sorry. And forgiving other people when they mess up, too."
Author: Madeleine George
36. "Sorry. I get attacks of quotitis every once in a while. It's a very rare disease with no cure. It usually attacks older people, and here i am afflicted with it at my tender age."
Author: Madeleine L'Engle
37. "Nonsense Bella, it was all a misunderstanding. We just need to talk about it." Her stunned amazement quickly gave way to anger. "I don't think I misunderstood that twenty- something coed riding you like a pony!" She nearly shouted. "Bella, I am sorry about that, she caught me in a moment of weakness and she wouldn't take no for an answer. What was I supposed to do? I am a guy after all."
Author: Melissa Hale
38. "You're really good." That one got away from me. "Your drawing, I mean."He shrugged. "Not really. Besides, what difference does it make? It's not like I'm going to do anything with it. What's the point...?" He winced. "Jeez, I'm sorry.You're probably heading for MoMA via the Sorbonne and Bennington.""NYU if I'm really really lucky." I smiled, letting him off the hook. I still couldn't quite wrap my head around the fact that I was bantering with Alex Bainbridge. "After that, not a clue. You?""Yale,then Powel Law." No With Luck or I hope or even If all goes as decreed."Wow.It must be nice to be so certain in your path." I didn't mean to snound snide.I really didn't. "No starviing artistry in your future,that's for sure."Occasional stupid Mafia comments aside, Alex is no dummy. "It must be nice to be so certain in your convictions. No moral low road for you, that's for sure."I felt myself blushing, felt that Blood Surge of Humiliation beginning."
Author: Melissa Jensen
39. "I think that you are what you speak a lot of times, and there's power in the tongue. I feel sorry for the people who always have something negative to say. If something happens bad in my day, I don't tweet about it - I pray about it, or talk to my husband about it or my mother about it, and get it off of me and move on."
Author: Monica Denise Brown
40. "Then I am sorry I did not stay away longer I like being missed."
Author: Oscar Wilde
41. "I've never subscribed to that 'Love means never having to say you're sorry' bullshit. In fact, love means you always get the chance to say you're sorry. When we love someone, we always want to forgive them."
Author: Pamela Ribon
Author: Paul Pilkington
43. "I feel sorry for you, and I'm going to be your friend.""I don't want to be your friend," Cath said as sternly as she could. "I like that we're not friends.""Me, too. I'm sorry you ruined it by being so pathetic."
Author: Rainbow Rowell
44. "Sorry, there's nothing like a screaming baby to make a mother twitch."
Author: Sam Taylor Wood
45. "Do one of three things.One,go find a wailing wall and feel sorry for yourselves.Two,go psycho and start bombing-but this will only swing people to the right.Three,learn a lesson.Go home,organize, build power and at the next convention, you be the delegatepos"
Author: Saul D. Alinsky
46. "We go now," said Locke, "or I leave you here to die. Understanding is a luxury; you don't get to have it. Sorry."
Author: Scott Lynch
47. "Christians who have had so much to say with our mouths and so little to show with our lives. I am sorry that so often we have forgotten the Christ of our Christianity."
Author: Shane Claiborne
48. "Who the heck is Donald Trump to fire me? I regret I didn't tell Donald Trump, 'You need to fire your barber. I'm sorry. I ain't feeling you, man. You're fired! I fire you, Donald Trump.'"
49. "And there was no way to unsay words you'd blurted out, no matter how sorry you were."
Author: Terri Farley
50. "Never put off repairing a relationship you value. If sorry needs to be said say it now. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed to any of us."
Author: Toni Sorenson
Quotes About Sorry Pictures