Famous Quotes About Sparkly
Browse 47 famous quotes and sayings about Sparkly.
Top Quotes About Sparkly
1. "I scroll past images every bit as violent and beautiful as Jeb's paintings: luminious, rainbow-skinned creatures with bulbous eyes and sparkly, silken wings who carry knives and swords; hideous, naked hobgoblins in chains who crawl on all fours and have corkscrew tails and cloven feet like pigs; silvery pixielike beings trapped in cages and crying oily black tears."
Author: A.G. Howard
2. "Don't write off a book (or person, or movie) just because it had a pink, sparkly cover."
Author: Abby McDonald
3. "She oozes the kind of over-confidence that only comes to people who wear deep red lipstick and sparkly tissue sarees in bright daylight."
Author: Aditi Mathur Kumar
4. "Rob chuckles, "I'm not some sparkly-skinned, jealous, child whose sensibilities are still stuck at the turn of the twentieth century. Eve, I can adapt. If we survived the sixties I promise you we can survive learning to share the most important person in either of our long lives."
Author: Angela Louise McGurk
5. "I was a daughterless mother. I had nowhere to put the things a mother places on her daughter. The nail polish I used to paint our toenails hardened. Our favorite videos gathered dust. Her small apron was in a box in the attic. Her shoes - the sparkly ones, the leopard rain boots, the ballet slippers - stood in a corner."
Author: Ann Hood
6. "It's pink AND sparkly!"
Author: Audrey Regan
7. "I don't sell spells, and I don't sell tricks. I don't carry illusions or marked cards or weighted coins. I cannot sell you an endless purse or help you win the lottery. I can't make that girl you've got your eye on fall in love with you, and I wouldn't do it even if I could. I don't have a psychic hotline to your dead relatives, I don't know if you're going to be successful in your career, and I don't know when you're going to get married. I can't get you into Hogwarts or any other kind of magic school, and if you even mention those stupid sparkly vampires I will do something unpleasant to you."
Author: Benedict Jacka
8. "Since the moment I saw her yesterday, I've been looking through the sparkly prism of exhilaration that comes with any old flame. But now, for the first time, I'm not just seeing what I want. I'm seeing what my friend needs."
Author: Brad Meltzer
9. "You could dress it up with a sequined headband," Magnus suggested, offering his boyfriend something blue and sparkly. "Just a thought." "Resist the urge, Alec." Simon was sitting on the edge of a low wall with Maia beside him, though she appeared to be deep in conversation with Aline. "You'll look like Olivia Newton-John in Xanadu." "There are worse things," Magnus observed."
Author: Cassandra Clare
10. "I am a man, and men do not drink pink drinks. Now, be gone, woman, and fetch me something brown." Jace said. "Brown?" said Isabelle."Yes. Brown. It's a manly color. See? Alec is wearing it." Jace said."Well, it was black but it faded." Alec said."Well, I can always fix it up with something sparkly," Magnus said, holding a sparkley headband. "Resist the urge, Alec, resist the urge." Simon said."
Author: Cassandra Clare
11. "Against his will, Magnus found a smile curving his lips as he rummaged around for his big blue coffee cup that said BETTER THAN GANDALF across the front in sparkly letters. He was besotted; he was officially revolted by himself."
Author: Cassandra Clare
12. "As long as you smile, have sparkly eyes and stick your shoulders back, nobody's going to notice your bum or your waist or your feet, for that matter."
Author: Cat Deeley
13. "Silver, gold - I don't discriminate! I like sparkly things."
Author: Charlaine Harris
14. "Stephenie Meyer: Her vampires are sparkly, which I think we can all agree is wrong."
Author: Christopher Moore
15. "I rather like the fact that women are so into vampires though. I suppose if it wasn't for Sparkly the neighborhood vampire that would not have been possible."
Author: Cyma Rizwaan Khan
16. "Veeva should count her blessings. Three years ago it was cocaine and a year ago it was crack and lemme tell you, that stuff you got to have. You do anything for that high." He laughed again, savoring his memories. "Where do you think the furniture went? Up my nose, that's where. She finally had me carted out of here screaming like an insane man. Spent some time in Bellevue with little sparkly bugs coming out my orifices. Compared to that being a drunk is practically a sensible existence."
Author: Dan Ahearn
17. "Unicorns are man-eating monsters. They don't have wings, they aren't lavender or sparkly, and you could never catch one to ride without its goring you through the sternum. And even if it somehow managed to miss your major arteries-and it never misses-you'd still die from the deadly poison in its horn."
Author: Diana Peterfreund
18. "Sure. I' ll go out and start drinking blood right now . Then I' ll come back with fangs and a melanin deficiency and rule the world. And also, David willfall so madly in love with me that the Signet will pick me as his Queen and we' ll live happily ever after in bloodsucking bliss among the sparklyunicorns."
Author: Dianne Sylvan
19. "People always fall in love with the most perfect aspects of each other's personalities. Who wouldn't? Anybody can love the most wonderful parts of another person. But that's not the clever trick. The really clever trick is this: Can you accept the flaws? Can you look at your partner's faults honestly and say, ‘I can work around that. I can make something out of it.'? Because the good stuff is always going to be there, and it's always going to pretty and sparkly, but the crap underneath can ruin you."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
20. "HOLY MOTHER EFFING SPARKLY VAMPIRES IS HE HOT"
Author: Fanny Merkin
21. "My dad has more sparkly stuff than most men."
Author: Georgia Jagger
22. "Amy held up the sparkly silver one-piece catsuit."
Author: Jacqueline Rayner
23. "I like the way the morning can be stormy and the afternoon clear and sparkly as a jewel in the water. Put your hand in the water to reach for a sea urchin or a sea shell, and the thing desired never quite lies where you had lined it up to be. The same is true of love. In prospect or contemplation, love is where it seems to be. Reach in to lift it out and your hand misses"
Author: Jeanette Winterson
24. "Adolescence isn't just about prom or wearing sparkly dresses."
Author: Jena Malone
25. "Now, I bought us a movie to watch, the one that has sparkly vampires in it."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
26. "Everybody was wearing rhinestones, all those sparkly clothes, and cowboy boots. I decided to wear a black shirt and pants and see if I could get by with it. I did and I've worn black clothes ever since."
Author: Johnny Cash
27. "Now go and stake some vamps. Especially the sparkly emo ones."
Author: Kevin Hearne
28. "Silver knives! Painful and sometimes deadly to all paranormals!''Tasey!' I counterd 'Hot pink and sparkly!"
Author: Kiersten White
29. "Ernie greets us again and slaps some glasses on the bar. A young-looking guy in the back of the room mutters something about "damn Cullenist" loud enough for me to hear. (Well, me and everybody else, since we've all got superhearing.) What's he talking about? What did I--oh wait, yeah, those vampire books with the sparkly vampires. Great."
Author: Kimberly Pauley
30. "She had left her legs bare, and if he wasn't mistaken, they had a slight sheen. He realized she'd caught him staring when she cleared her throat."Are your legs...sparkly?" he managed to ask, feeling the need to explain since he'd been caught leering."My body lotion has a little bit of glitter in it," she said with a trace of diffidence.She seemed apologetic. For what, he had no idea."
Author: Linda Morris
31. "He was trying to buy his way into her knickers. She was enormously insulted......but it was rather sparkly...It was rather like having a bowling ball attached to her arm. She could live with that though."
Author: Lola Salt
32. "I am Preachers little girl. And I'm gonna be just like him when I grow up. I'm gonna have a Fatboy but I want mine to be sparkly and I want a pink helmet with skulls on it. And instead of being the club President, I'm gonna be the club Queen cuz I'm gonna marry the biggest, scariest biker in the whole world and he's gonna let me do whatever I want because he's gonna love me like crazy."
Author: Madeline Sheehan
33. "My eyes are not sparkly! I'm not a sparkly sort of girl … I go around with dirty knees and slay dragons in my spare time, for the love of … oh!"
Author: Marc Secchia
34. "Dorothy Parker once said: I require three things in a man. He must be handsome, ruthless, and stupid." Upon delivering this Dot bon mot, with much waving of sparkly rings and jingly bracelets, Constance Langtry comments that she'd add a fourth: "Deft tongue. And I don't mean a good talker."
Author: Marie Wilson
35. "It drains the bars and cafes after hours, concentrates the wicked and the guilty along its chipped Formica counter, and thrums with the gossip of criminals, policemen, shtarkers,and schlemiels, whores and night owls ... three or four floaters, solitaries, and drunks between benders lean against the sparkly resin counter, sucking the tea from their shtekelehs and working the calulations of their next big mistake."
Author: Michael Chabon
36. "For $425 you can buy pills containing real gold that make your poop sparkle. How have I lived this long without sparkly poop?"
Author: Michael Makai
37. "Is your future faery bride too ugly for you?"Rhys leaned back against the head rest and studied the seatback in front of him. "That's not it.""Too old or too young?""No."I rolled my eyes, but smiled. This was why he was upset. Hehadn't landed the perfect bride-to-be. "Her pretty faery wingsaren't the right shade of sparkly lavender and pink?"His eyes flashed with anger. "Actually, she doesn't have faerywings.""She doesn't?""No. As a matter of fact, the dragon oracle tells me the girl I'msupposed to marry, the one destined to someday become the queenof the faery realm, isn't a faery at all."Okay, that was surprising. Not a faery?"She isn't?" I said. "Then who is she?"His expression was severe as he turned to look me right in theeye."You," he said"
Author: Michelle Rowen
38. "Alone you're refinding a glittering, a clarity, you're finding your distilled self. ...You think of the two types of aloneness you've known recently: this wonderful, sparkly, soul-refreshing type, and the despairing loneliness that sucks the breath from your life."
Author: Nikki Gemmell
39. "Oh, for crap's sake, I can barely look at it," Aphrodite said, turning her head from the archway and averting her eyes. "And I usually love sparkly things."
Author: P.C. Cast
40. "Nothing sparkly can stay."
Author: S.E. Hinton
41. "He looks a bit like Robert Pattinson—if you genetically spliced him with Buzz Lightyear. He has dark, quiffy hair and wide-spaced eyes, though his skin is tanned as opposed to diamond sparkly white. He has a very square jaw with a dimple in the center of his chin but alas no jet65THE SOUNDSARAH ALDERSONpack. I note that his eyebrow is cocked and the smile on his face is half sneer, half smirk as if he's laughing at Eliza but she doesn't seem to realize.I shake my head. I'm making a lot of assumptions here and the only two that I can safely claim are true are the ones about him being neither a vampire nor a space ranger."
Author: Sarah Alderson
42. "Do you believe in vampires? Not the sparkly variety."
Author: Sarah Beth Durst
43. "I want to introduce the world to my princess.' In a state of disbelief, Izzy took his hand and they walked back towards the stage. Happiness bubbled up inside her as it slowly dawned on her that this was real. She lifted her face to look at him. ‘I think I'm going to look cute in a tiara. I've never worn anything sparkly on my head before.' He laughed and tightened his grip on her hand. ‘First thing tomorrow I'm going to buy you one.' ‘Slow down.' She winced and stooped to fiddle with her feet. ‘My shoes are hurting.' ‘This is not news. Your shoes are always hurting, tesoro.' ‘Do princesses absolutely have to wear shoes at all times?' A slow smile spread across his face and he scooped her into his arms and carried her the last few steps onto the stage. ‘Of course not. Didn't you read Cinderella?"
Author: Sarah Morgan
44. "It was a dangerous world for a sparkly flying horse"
Author: Shannon Messenger
45. "The Simi has needs. Lots of needs. I need akri's plastic card, for one thing. It very nice. People give me lots of stuff when I hand it to them. Ooo, I really like the new plastic card he gave me with my own name on it. It blue and all sparkly and it says Simi Parthenopaeus. Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? I have to say it again. Simi Parthenopaeus. I like that a lot. It even has my picture in the corner and I am a very attractive demon if I do say so myself. Akri says it, too. ‘Simi, you are beautiful.' I like it when he tells me that. (Simi)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
46. "If you're going to expend energy being mad about Photoshop, you'll also have to be mad about earrings. No one's ears are that sparkly!"
Author: Tina Fey
47. "Then I saw Juli. She was two tables away from me, facing my direction. Only she wasn't looking at me. She was looking at Jon, her eyes all sparkly and laughing.My heart lurched. What was she laughing about? What were they talking about? How could she sit there and look so... beautiful?I felt myself spinning out of control. It was weird. Like I couldn't even steer my own body. I'd always thought Jon was pretty cool, but right then I wanted to go over and throw him across the room."
Author: Wendelin Van Draanen
Quotes About Sparkly Pictures