Famous Quotes About Stars In The Fault In Our Stars
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Stars In The Fault In Our Stars.
Top Quotes About Stars In The Fault In Our Stars
1. "Really, life is complicated enough without having a bunch of Senators deciding what we should do in the privacy of our own homes."
Author: Barbara Boxer
2. "The obstacles in our path are not blocking us-they are redirecting us. Their purpose is not to interfere with our happiness; it is to point us toward new routes to our happiness, new possibilities, new doorways."
Author: Barbara De Angelis
3. "In my fifty years of experience and memory, I have seen the most amazing increase in the standard of living of a people ever achieved anywhere in the world. This is why I am so sure that our system of free competition and industrial development is sound and must be preserved."
Author: Charles E. Wilson
4. "I yelled for joy. We passed the bottle. The great blazing stars came out, the far receding hills got dim. I felt like an arrow that could shoot out all the way."
Author: Jack Kerouac
5. "Success comes through determination and hard work and that "the fault … is not in our stars but in ourselves that we are underlings."
Author: Jane Goodall
6. "Instead of letting our emotions run amok, we can use our minds as tools to build or create realities that serve us better"
Author: Jay Woodman
7. "Fight your genes.' The Big Hoom said to us once, to Susan and me. He did not explain. He did not know how to. But we knew what it meant. It meant that we were to march into the hall and take out our school books and reproduce the slipper-shaped animalcule whose psuedopodia power it through a world without feeling; to learn how to inscribe a hexagon into a circle without tearing the paper; to assimilate the causes and consequences of the battle of Panipat without ever identifying your own enemy because that would be mean identifying yourself.'Fight your genes'. Focus. Be diligent. Concentrate. Do"
Author: Jerry Pinto
8. "But we must take other steps, such as increasing conservation, developing an ethanol industry, and increasing CAFE standards if we are to make our country safer by cutting our reliance on foreign oil."
Author: Jim Costa
9. "Pero diré esto: Cuando los científicos del futuro aparezcan en mi casa con ojos robot y me digan que los pruebe, yo les diré a los científicos que se larguen, porque no quiero ver un mundo sin él"—The Fault in Our Stars - John Green."
Author: John Green
10. "[I]n the interests of our common tasks, we must sometimes overlook their stupidities," one Soviet official explained in 1973."
Author: John Lewis Gaddis
11. "I think of animals more as spirits that come and go. They enter our lives at a particular time and they leave at a particular time. The whole glorious history of animals with people is about joy and connection. It's about loving this creature and letting this creature love you."
Author: Jon Katz
12. "While the resurrection promises us a new and perfect life in the future, God loves us too much to leave us alone to contend with the pain, guilt and loneliness of our present life."
Author: Josh McDowell
13. "The first light of day today revealed what we had feared. The devastation is greater than our worst fears. It's just totally overwhelming."
Author: Kathleen Blanco
14. "I love no one but you, I have discovered, but you are far away and I am here alone. Then this is my life and maybe, however unlikely, I'll find my way back there. Or maybe, one day, I'll settle for second best. And on that same day, hell will freeze over, the sun will burn out and the stars will fall from the sky."
Author: Lemony Snicket
15. "While we enjoy the benefits of living in the greatest democracy in the world, we must be ever conscious of the fact that none of the achievements or freedoms enjoyed in America would be possible without the price that has been paid for by our servicemen and women."
Author: Mark Kennedy
16. "The cologne you pick should make you feel good when you go out with it. I think confidence comes across more than any other of our attributes."
Author: Mark Ronson
17. "Our real work is prayer. What good is the cold iron of our frantic little efforts unless first we heat it in the furnace of our prayer? Only heat will diffuse heat."
Author: Mother Maribel
18. "Well, all these stars have their houses swept quite regularly by people who work in the surveillance security business. They come in and they look for bugs and things."
Author: Peter Weir
19. "A tolerance that no longer distinguishes between good and evil would become chaotic and self-destructive, just as a freedom that did not respect the freedom of others or find the common measure of our respective liberties would become anarchy and destroy authority."
Author: Pope Benedict XVI
20. "For many in our high-paced world, despair is not a moment; it is a way of life."
Author: Ravi Zacharias
21. "Mother wasn't afraid of the sky in the day so much, but it was the night stars that she wanted to turn off, and sometimes I could almost see her reaching for a switch in her mind, but never finding it."
Author: Ray Bradbury
22. "Whatever controls us is our lord. The person who seeks power is controlled by power. The person who seeks acceptance is controlled by acceptance. We do not control ourselves. We are controlled by the lord of our lives."
Author: Rebecca Manley Pippert
23. "Happiness and goodness, according to canting moralists, stand in the relation of effect and cause. There was never anything less proved or less probable: our happiness is never in our own hands; we inherit our constitution; we stand buffet among friends and enemies; we may be so built as to feel a sneer or an aspersion with unusual keenness and so circumstanced as to be unusually exposed to them; we may have nerves very sensitive to pain, and be afflicted with a disease very painful. Virtue will not help us, and it is not meant to help us."
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
24. "Yes, and because we grow old we become more and more the stuff our forbears put into us. I can feel his savagery strengthen in me. We think we are so individual and so misunderstood when we are young; but the nature our strain of blood carries is inside there, waiting, like our skeleton."
Author: Willa Cather
25. "Look how many of our young are ill prepared to enter adult life today. This was designed by progressives to create government dependency."
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Stars In The Fault In Our Stars Pictures