Famous Quotes About Starting A Journey
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Starting A Journey.
Top Quotes About Starting A Journey
1. "It's definitely time to stop. We're getting too old. We both realised that the show wasn't as engaging as it used to be. We were starting to look a bit ridiculous."
Author: Adrian Edmondson
2. "Because life slips away, and because I need for the rest of my journey a star that will not play false to me, a compass that will not lie."
Author: Alan Paton
3. "Intensity-seeking is an enslavement of our own perpetuation. When we step out of the delirium of always seeking someone new, and meet the same old sad and lonely child within, our healing journey begins. Exhausting ourselves with novelty is a defense against our deepest pain, one that we cannot outrun. But once we stop and feel our losses, we can begin our healing journey and be the authentic, joyous person we were born to be."
Author: Alexandra Katehakis
4. "I'm starting to judge success by the time I have for myself, the time I spend with family and friends. My priorities aren't amending; they're shifting."
Author: Brendan Fraser
5. "When the gold was half-melted and starting to run, Drogo reached into the flames, snatched out the pot. "Crown!" he roared. "Here. A crown for Cart King!" And upended the pot over the head of the man who had been her brother."
Author: George R.R. Martin
6. "Fats was starting to think that if you flipped every bit of received wisdom on its head you would have the truth. He wanted to journey through dark labyrinths and wrestle with the strangeness that lurked within; he wanted to crack open piety and expose hypocrisy; he wanted to break taboos and squeeze wisdom from their bloody hearts; he wanted to achieve a state of amoral grace, and be baptised backwards into ignorance and simplicity."
Author: J.K. Rowling
7. "As Zoey turns to face me, I realize that life is made up of a series of moments, each one a journey to the end."
Author: Jenny Downham
8. "Part of abandoning the all-or-nothing mentality is allowing yourself room for setbacks. We are bound to have lapses on the road to health and wellness, but it is critical that we learn how to handle small failures positively so that we can minimize their long-term destructive effects. One setback is one setback—it is not the end of the world, nor is it the end of your journey toward a better you."
Author: Jillian Michaels
9. "A train full of shadows. Of living ghosts. On a journey to nowhere."
Author: John Larkin
10. "Note that this journey is uniquely yours, no one else's. So the path has to be your own. You cannot imitate somebody else's journey and still be true to yourself. Are you prepared to honor your uniqueness in this way?"
Author: Jon Kabat Zinn
11. "Because it was starting to get dark, and because the streets were crowded, I bumped into a googolplex people. Who were they? Where were they going? What were they looking for? I wanted to hear their heartbeats, and I wanted them to hear mine."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
12. "But I believed in starting over. There was finally, I knew, only rupture and hurt and falling short between all persons, but, Shirley, the best revenge was to turn your life into a small gathering of miracles.If I could not be anchored and profound, I would try, at least, to be kind."
Author: Lorrie Moore
13. "Yes and no. I thought maybe there could be something more, but I couldn't deny that I still wanted you in the dirtiest ways." He ran his thumb along the seam of my jeans. "Then I watched you crumble. I never expected you to get that call from the doctor and watching you break made me see a whole other side of you. I want to be your knight in shining armor. To take away the pain. I've never felt like this before and whatever we have, I don't want to lose it. I don't care if it's just starting and may be the most fucked up thing. I just want to give it a try. So please call me?"
Author: Magan Vernon
14. "Plane Ride - In our sport it is natural and necessary to set up goals to inspire us. We all want to achieve the next level, the break-thru performance. What we (all of us) must not forget is that the journey to these goals is the best part. The daily process of obtaining success takes up the majority of our time and effort throughout our lives. Remember to appreciate what you've done in the past and what you are doing in the present on your way to higher goals. This will allow you to always strive for something more without missing out on the fact that your path to success is as much a starting point as it is a finish line."
Author: Matthew Alan
15. "Maybe learning how to be out in the big world isn't the epic journey everyone thinks it is. Maybe that's actually the easy part. The hard part is what's right in front of you. The hard part is learning how to hold the title to your very existence, to own not only property, but also your life."
Author: Meghan Daum
16. "We can feel the vibration that comes from the candle flame, burning it way into our innermind, no blurry images, clear as crystal, we enter into the highest consciousness, on our journey back home, we possess the eagle's eye, the eye that can see the invisible."
Author: Michael Bassey Johnson
17. "When just starting out on a new journey it's only natural to feel vulnerable. After all it may seem that you have much to lose. But may I remind you that never again at any other point in the same journey will you have so much to gain."
Author: Mike Dooley
18. "He looks at Mama out of the corner of his eye, again surprised by how little she is. As if all of her life has been a slow process of shrinkage.But just what is that shrinkage?Is it the real shrinkage of a person abandoning his adult dimensions and starting on the long journey through old age and death toward distances where there is only a nothingness without dimension?"
Author: Milan Kundera
19. "The only reason nice guys finish last is because they think they'll finish last. You don't win the race by walking around the starting line saying ‘I'm not going to win this race'."
Author: Mitch Rowland
20. "I will believe.I will believe!It's scary...but I have to do it. If I believe, maybe I'll be saved...But who knows? It might not happen immediately.Maybe things won't change today, or even tomorrow. Good things don't happen right away...because I don't deserve them, right? But I'm starting to think maybe I'm just not noticing them. If I don't believe good things will happen...why would I look for them? I think...that I'll never find them if I don't have faith. If I don't believe in myself, then..."
Author: Miyoshi Tomori
21. "Well, for Blow I had to age from 20 to 60, starting out in shape and then later putting on fat pads."
Author: Ray Liotta
22. "We'd caught a commuter flight from there to Philadelphia, and from there to Seattle and now Fairbanks. It reminded me a little of the crazy flights I'd had to take from Siberia back to the U.S. That journey had also gone via Seattle. I was starting to believe that city was a gateway to obscure places."
Author: Richelle Mead
23. "Another term for preventive war is aggressive war - starting wars because someday somebody might do something to us. That is not part of the American tradition."
Author: Ron Paul
24. "Go now. Our journey is done. And may we meet again, in the clearing, at the end of the path."
Author: Stephen King
25. "I waited at least two hours. I'd begun to think that he'd given up on me in the weeks that had passed. Or that he no longer cared about me. Hated me even. And the idea of losing him for ever, my best friend, the only person I'd ever trusted with my secrets, was so painful I couldn't stand it. Not on top of everything else that had happened. I could feel my eyes tearing up and my throat starting to close the way it does when I get upset. Then I look up and there he was, three metres away, just watching me. Without even thinking, I jumped up and threw my arms around him, making some weird sound that combined laughing, choking and crying."
Author: Suzanne Collins
26. "Listen to me, baby. From the time we walk in the door to my apartment, you will have less than a minute before I put my cock inside you. No foreplay. No kissing. There won't be any time, because you've got me strung so damn tight I can barely think straight. I need you to keep yourself wet for me on the ride home. Starting now." Reaching across the car's console, he yanked her skirt high on her thighs. "Put your hand between your legs, Ginger."
Author: Tessa Bailey
27. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of being well-preserved, but to skid sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, still screaming, 'Whoo what a ride!"
Author: Theresa Hollis
Quotes About Starting A Journey Pictures