Famous Quotes About Stay
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Stay.
Top Quotes About Stay
1. "He reels me in, cups my face with both hands, and becomes my whole world. This is a kiss--maybe the last one we'll ever know, so we stay there forever, warm and safe. When he pulls away, something is lost. I think it's my heart."
Author: Alex Adams
2. "In real life, Snow White stays dead and Rapunzel grows old, alone in her tower. In real life, you gotta have enough sense to stay away from ugly bitches offering you shiny apples and have enough balls to cut off your own hair and use it as a ladder if needs be. In real life, you gotta save yourself and the only happy endings are the ones paid for in massage parlors."
Author: Amy Sumida
3. "But isn't that what love is, the old man said, being happy to stay?"
Author: Andrés Neuman
4. "To me, my Christian faith is all about being held, comforted, forgiven, strengthened, and loved--yet somehow that message gets lost on most of us, and we tend only to remember the religious nutters or the God of endless school assemblies. This is no one's fault, it is just life. Our job is to stay open and gentle, so we can hear the knocking on the door of our heart when it comes. The irony is that I never meet anyone who doesn't want to be loved or held or forgiven. Yet I meet a lot of folk who hate religion. And I so sympathize. But so did Jesus. In fact, He didn't just sympathize, He went much further. It seems more like this Jesus came to destroy religion and to bring life."
Author: Bear Grylls
5. "I guess after you've been doing something for 20 plus years, you have to work to stay interested."
Author: Bruce Hornsby
6. "Ethereal, adj.You leaned your head into mine, and I leaned my head into yours. Dancing cheek to cheek. Revolving slowly, eyes closed, heartbeat measure, nature's hum. It lasted the length of an old song, and then we stopped, kissed, and my heart stayed there, just like that."
Author: David Levithan
7. "Ian was living in fairyland and in our own way we all helped him to stay there."
Author: Deborah Curtis
8. "His breath was a sucking gasp that sounded more like a draining tub than a man filling his lungs with air. Then she heard him form the words "Play dead."So Livia did. She closed her eyes as much as she dared. She could still see outlines through her lashes. She squeezed her hands against Blake's chest. Hold on, Blake. Stay with me."
Author: Debra Anastasia
9. "The U.S. should support the Nigerian government to stay in Sierra Leone under the ECOMOG umbrella. The U.S. should also support other countries, including Ghana, in ECOMOG until stability is established."
Author: Ed Royce
10. "Brush those tears from your eyesAnd try and realizeThat from now onI'll always be true.I went awayBut I didn't mean to stayAnd I will regret it until my dying day."
Author: Edna O'Brien
11. "So now you know that, as dark as the depths of the sea may be, as dark as the night gets without a moon, it is not really true darkness. It's just waiting for light to return. There are places that are truly dark in this world, Ven, but this place here, this open stretch of sea where you are floating, is not one of them. It's not really dark here - it's just night. If you hang on and stay awake, in a short while the edges of the sky will start to turn gray, then pink, and the sun will rise, and there will be blue above and all around you again."
Author: Elizabeth Haydon
12. "Survival is staying alive one breath at a time. p. 251"
Author: Frank Herbert
13. "I love the film route and I'm gong to try my hardest to stay on it."
Author: Hailee Steinfeld
14. "You stay in the surreal world of so-called higher learning. You are comfortable there. You have very little reason to leave it."
Author: Harlan Coben
15. "Mankind is like dogs, not gods - as long as you don't get mad they'll bite you - but stay mad and you'll never be bitten. Dogs don't respect humility and sorrow."
Author: Jack Kerouac
16. "To espresso or to latte, that is the question...whether 'tis tastier on the palate to choose white mocha over plain...or to take a cup to go. Or a mug to stay, or extra cream, or have nothing, and by opposing the endless choice, end one's heartache..."
Author: Jasper Fforde
17. "We always stayed true to what the Ramones are."
Author: Joey Ramone
18. "Because, you know, it's never a hard work when you enjoy yourself. Look, I've been here since 57 years, and I don't have to explain why I've stayed so long. I always enjoyed it."
Author: John Hench
19. "Franny's Hollywood name, her acting name, is one you know. This is our family's story, and it's inappropriate for me to use Franny's stage name – but I know that you know her. Franny is the one you always desire. She is the best one, even when she's the villain; she always the real hero, even when she dies, even when she dies for love – or worse, for war. She's the most beautiful, the most unapproachable, but the most vulnerable too, somehow – and the toughest. (She's why you go to the movie, or why you stay.)"
Author: John Irving
20. "If a tornado twists at 175 miles an hour and stays on the ground like a massive lawnmower for 50 miles, God gave the command."
Author: John Piper
21. "Me and Jerry left because we felt we weren't getting anywhere playing our old songs in tiny clubs. The group was getting stale and staying behind the times."
Author: Johnny Thunders
22. "Friends, to me for years St. Louis represented a city of fear... humiliation... misery and terror... A city where in the eyes of the white man a Negro should know his place and had better stay in it."
Author: Josephine Baker
23. "Our past may explain why we're suffering but we must not use it as an excuse to stay in bondage."
Author: Joyce Meyer
24. "If you are born an artist, you have no choice but to fight to stay an artist."
Author: Lana Del Rey
25. "The trick to staying alive wasn't surviving forever without being broken; it was finding people to help with the sanding and smoothing, people with their own hidden broken places, people who knew to be gentle with yours."
Author: Layla M. Wier
26. "Jazz, of course, is our heritage. Jazz is a culture, it's not a fad. It's up to us to see to it that it stays alive."
Author: Marla Gibbs
27. "I would have practically done all my films in 3D. There is something that 3D gives to the picture that takes you into another land and you stay there and it's a good place to be. (…) It's like seeing a moving sculpture of the actor and it's almost like a combination of theater and film combined and it immerses you in the story more. I saw audiences care about the people more. The minute it started people wanted three things: color, sound and depth. You want to recreate life."
Author: Martin Scorsese
28. "I feel like I'm broken—like I don't fit together anymore. Like there's no more room for me in the world or something. Like I've overstayed my welcome here on Earth, and everyone's trying to give me hints about that constantly. Like I should just check out."
Author: Matthew Quick
29. "Us in the graveyard, we wants you to stay alive. We wants you to surprise us and disappoint us and impress us and amaze us."
Author: Neil Gaiman
30. "Fox was here first, and his brother was the wolf. Fox said, people will live forever. If they die they will not die for long. Wolf said, no, people will die, people must die, all things that live must die, or they will spread and cover the world, and eat all the salmon and the caribou and the buffalo, eat all the squash and all the corn. Now one day Wolf died, and he said to the fox, quick, bring me back to life. And Fox said, No, the dead must stay dead. You convinced me. And he wept as he said this. But he said it, and it was final. Now Wolf rules the world of the dead and Fox lives always under the sun and the moon, and he still mourns his brother."
Author: Neil Gaiman
31. "The adage 'a family that prays together, stays together' is so true."
Author: Niecy Nash
32. "In my trailer, I work out with free weights and do situps and push-ups. I'm just trying to stay lean and active looking."
Author: Norman Reedus
33. "We are not built for mountains and dawns and artistic affinities; they are for moments of inspiration, that is all. We are built for the valley, for the ordinary stuff of life, and this is where we have to prove our mettle. A false Christianity takes us up on the mount and we want to stay there. But what about the devil-possessed world? Oh, let it go to hell! We are having a great time up here."
Author: Oswald Chambers
34. "He [dad] always had some kind of trouble with his leg. He'd have bandages wrapped around it all the time but he'd never go and see a doctor. He'd rather have dropped dead than go to a doctor. He was terrified of them, like a lot of people his age were. And he'd never take a day off work. If he ever stayed at home feeling ill, it was time to call the undertaker."
Author: Ozzy Osbourne
35. "Anyone who is in love is making love the whole time, even when they're not. When two bodies meet, it is just the cup overflowing. They can stay together for hours, even days. They begin the dance one day and finish it the next, or--such is the pleasure they experience--they may never finish it. No eleven minutes for them."
Author: Paulo Coelho
36. "Let your rest be perfect in its season, like the rest of waters that are still. If you will have a model or your living, take neither the stars, for they fly without ceasing, nor the ocean that ebbs and flows, nor the river that cannot stay, but rather let your life be like that of the summer air, which has times of noble energy and times of perfect peace. It fills the sails of ships upon the sea, and the miller thanks it on the breezy uplands; it works generously for the health and wealth of all men, yet it claims it hours of rest.. "I have pushed the fleet, I have turned the mill, I have refreshed the city, and now though the captain may walk impatiently on the quarter-deck, and the miller swear, and the city stink, I will stir no more until it pleases me."
Author: Philip Gilbert Hamerton
37. "I did notice as I walked that Amos had stayed right next to me. And Jack was close on the other side of me. And Miles was in front of us and Henry was in back of us. They were surrounding me as we walked through the crowds of kids. Like I had my own emperor's guard."
Author: R.J. Palacio
38. "What would we do together?" Cath asked. "He'd want to go to the bar,and I'd want to stay home and write fanfiction."
Author: Rainbow Rowell
39. "Whilst the wolflets bayed, A grave was made, And then with the strokes of a silver spade, It was filled to make a mound. And for two cold days and three long nights, The father tended that holy plot; And stayed by where his wife was laid, In the grave within the ground."
Author: Roman Payne
40. "Every moment a taste of that beauty in our mouths, another stashed in a pocket. Impossible to say what: no cypress so handsome, no sunlight, a lonely hiddenness. Other pleasure gathers a crowd, starts a fight, lots of noise there. But soul beauty stays quiet..his amazing whereabouts unknown inside my heart."
41. "Killing oneself is, anyway, a misnomer. We don't kill ourselves. We are simply defeated by the long, hard struggle to stay alive. When somebody dies after a long illness, people are apt to say, with a note of approval, "He fought so hard." And they are inclined to think, about a suicide, that no fight was involved, that somebody simply gave up. This is quite wrong."
Author: Sally Brampton
42. "I kept my whole life in suitcase, Never really stayed in one place,Maybe that's the way it should be,You know I live my life like a gypsy."
43. "I don't do the L.A. scene. I stay focused and very myopic. I don't feel I need to prove myself or be in people's faces, especially in this town."
Author: Taylor Kitsch
44. "I probably reread novels more often than I read new ones. The novel form is made for rereading. Novels are by their nature too long, too baggy, too full of things – you can't hold them completely in your mind. This isn't a flaw – it's part of the novel's richness: its length, multiplicity of aspects, and shapelessness resemble the length and shapelessness of life itself. By the time you reach the end of the novel you will have forgotten the beginning and much of what happens in between: not the main outlines but the fine work, the detail and the music of the sentences – the particular words, through which the novel has its life. You think you know a novel so well that there must be nothing left in it to discover but the last time I reread Emma I found a little shepherd boy, brought into the parlour to sing for Harriet when she's staying with the Martin family. I'm sure he was never in the book before.http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/..."
Author: Tessa Hadley
45. "A girl's life was defined by lines: fine lines, hairlines, bikini lines, class lines, the tightrope line between being a good girl and a slut. But there was always a moment when the lines blurred and a good girl had to decide whether to toe the line, cross the line, or stay safe behind the line that guarded her virtue."
Author: Thea Devine
46. "I am like a freight train. Working on the details, twisting them and playing with them over the years, but always staying on the same track."
Author: Valentino Garavani
47. "I would bring down the sky, if it meant I was able to stay with youalways."
Author: Victoria Escobar
48. "Little Pessimism in life reminds of staying alive and not wandering in a fairy land."
Author: Vikram Adhikari
49. "Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it's done right."
Author: Walt Disney Company
50. "I must be gone and live, or stay and die."
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Stay Pictures