Famous Quotes About Stella Stanley
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Stella Stanley.
Top Quotes About Stella Stanley
1. "My legion!" Stanley said. "I have achieved an even greater level of mastery! Behold!" He held up his beer mug and pointed the open end toward a nearby palm tree. "Mulciber!" he yelled. Nothing happened. He shook the beer mug, and held it out once more. "Mulciber!" Once again he intoned the word, but with a slightly different emphasis. Again nothing happened."Damn. Mulciber! Mulciber! Mulciber!" Suddenly a large ball of fire erupted from the end of the beer mug, nearly singed Stanley's eyebrows, and flew up into the sky in a large, fiery arc, eventually plunging with a sizzle into the lake."
Author: Abramelin Keldor
2. "«C'era una volta una donna simile a una stella che ardeva incandescente nella vastità del cielo. Così come Venere appare al tramonto, lei splendeva di una luce tutta sua. Quando passeggiava, gli alberi ondeggiavano per l'amore che provavano per lei, e l'umile terra le accarezzava i piedi. Giacere accanto a lei significava sentire risuonare nelle tempie il pulsare delle maree che vengono attratte ad adorare la luna. Baciare le sue labbra significava assaporare l'eternità e nutrirsene. Chi può descrivere l'immensità della sua gloria?»"
Author: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
3. "Jimmy held on to the reins for dear life, and thought that a horse was about the most slippery creature to sit on that he had ever met. He slithered first one way and then another, and at last he slid off altogether and landed with a bump on the ground. Sticky Stanley and Lotta held on to one another and laughed till the tears ran down their faces. They thought it was the funniest sight in the world to see poor Jimmy slipping about on the solemn, cantering horse."
Author: Enid Blyton
4. "Then I heard this genius teacher Stella Adler - I recommend you read anything you might find about her and if you have anyone interested in theatre, you get them one of her books."
Author: Harvey Keitel
5. "I finally had to go to the American Civil Liberties Union here in northern California to get my reply published to what I considered to be a hatchet job done by Stanley Crouch."
Author: Ishmael Reed
6. "I don't even know what the odds are for one kid or one team to make it here. Obviously, being from Canada this is their Stanley Cup - they made it. It's hard enough to get here and it's hard enough to advance."
Author: John Atkinson
7. "A good zoo," Stella said, "is a large domain. A wild cage. A safe place to be. It has room to roam and humans who don't hurt." She pauses, considering her words. "A good zoo is how humans make amends."
Author: Katherine Applegate
8. "Holes BY LOUIS SACHAR"Nearly everything in the room was broken; the TV, the pinball machine, the furniture. Even the people looked broken, with their worn out bodies sprawled over the various chairs and sofas." (p.43) This is Stanley's view of the "wreck room" at Camp Green Lake. It is the one place the boys are allowed to relax somewhat and they have trashed it. The inhumanity of the camp has possessed the boys. Stanley sees this room as a reminder that the boys have the capacity for violence, and he does not want to mess with the other campers."
Author: Louis Sachar
9. "I was a student of Stella Adler and then later Lee Strasberg, and they were into sensory work. At its best, acting is not about words - even when the words are important."
Author: Mark Margolis
10. "It's how they've stayed popular for so long. By not doing anything that will make them look like fools. They never leave home without their safety nets and I think, good for them, but the thing with safety nets is this. I got tangled in them so many times and the Stella girls always seemed to leave me dangling, upside down, to the point where I almost couldn't breathe anymore."
Author: Melina Marchetta
11. "I miss the Stella girls telling me what I am. That I'm sweet and placid and accommodating and loyal and nonthreatening and good to have around. And Mia. I want her to say, "Frankie, you're silly, you're lazy, you're talented, you're passionate, you're restrained, you're blossoming, you're contrary."I want to be an adjective again. But I'm a noun. A nothing. A nobody. A no one."
Author: Melina Marchetta
12. "La stella lasciò andare la catena. - Una volta lui mi ha catturato con una catena simile, ma poi mi ha liberato e io sono scappata via. Quando mi ha ritrovata mi ha legata a sé con un vincolo più forte di qualunque catena."
Author: Neil Gaiman
13. "It wasn't the paramedics or the surgical team that saved my life. It was Ray and Stella Quinn."
Author: Nora Roberts
14. "The best conversation with Stanley Kubrick is a silent one: you sit in a theatre and watch his films and you learn so much."
Author: Peter Weir
15. "I think you may be right." Stella thought for a minute he had read her thoughts. Then he said, "Best regret ever." Jamie"
Author: R.L. Griffin
16. "Individual honors and scoring championships are great, but my No. 1 goal is to win the Stanley Cup."
Author: Sidney Crosby
17. "He settled his big hands on her hips. He let them slide slowly down to cup her ass which she had jammed into a Spanx hide and seek high rise panty. Before slipping on the slinky purple faux wrap dress that her daughter had given her after surviving being held at gunpoint together gift the prior fall. Stella was fairly sure she would enjoy the sensation of Goat's strong fingers kneading her flesh if it hadn't gotten numb in its fierce polyester lycra prison hours ago."
Author: Sophie Littlefield
18. "…Finally, although Tennent's Super Strong lager, White Lightning, and for the rare rich alcoholic Stella Artois are perfectly acceptable drinks, could you please come up with something less damaging? I think lighter fuel is better for you and contains fewer chemicals."
Author: Tom Reynolds
19. "Boston got Roberts on the July 31 trade deadline—exchanging prospect Henri Stanley for the fleet-footed outfielder. Roberts fittingly got 86 at bats for Boston, but it was his speed on the bases that the Red Sox sought—and it was his speed that brought to an end 86 years of frustration for the Fenway Faithful."
Author: Tucker Elliot
Quotes About Stella Stanley Pictures