Famous Quotes About Stomp
Browse 121 famous quotes and sayings about Stomp.
Top Quotes About Stomp
1. "And I've got THIS," I pulled out the signum and held it up for him to see, "that says I'm kindred. And I've got THIS," I pointed at my head, "that says I'm as smart as you. And I have THIS," I held up my middle finger, "that says go to hell, you immortal bigot."And with that I spun around and stomped out the door, filing the expression on Arthur's face in a mental folder labeled "Kate's Proudest Moments"."
Author: Amy Plum
2. "Having a few half fish in my family tree keeps my vision from blurring through the pudgy tears-I can perfectly see the solid yellow line on the road as I walk it. When I hear him following, I rip off my heels and start sprinting. Two months ago, this kind of abuse to my feet would leave them bleeding and with who-knows-what embedded in them. But with the convenience of my new thick skin, running barefoot is like running in Nike's latest kicks.Galen is apparently a flying fish though-his hand wraps around my arm, braking my own sad attempt at flight. He whirls me around. Pulling me to him, he lifts my chin with the pad of his thumb. When I jerk away, he grasps it tight, forcing me to look at him. The old Emma would be bruised within the next ten minutes. The new one is just pissed off."Let go!" I screech, pushing against his chest. Somehow this just gets me closer to him."Emma," he growls as I stomp his foot. "What would you have done?"Okay, that's unexpected. I stop flailing. "What?"
Author: Anna Banks
3. "Why couldn't Jesus command us to obsess over everything, to try to control and manipulate people, to try not to breathe at all, or to pay attention, stomp away to brood when people annoy us, and then eat a big bag of Hershey's Kisses in bed?"
Author: Anne Lamott
4. "I still say Kellyanne could do with some real-live mates," went on my dad, as if he was talking to someone inside his beer.Mum had stomped off into the kitchen. "Maybe they are real!" she shouted back at him after rattling a few plates together. "Ever thought about that, ye of little bloody imagination?"
Author: Ben Rice
5. "I stomp toward her and point. I've SO had it with her. "That is SO not nice."You don't even talk like a queen." She glares at me.Nick raises an eyebrow at me. "You're a QUEEN?"I walk to the edge of the bed, stand just a few inches away from her. Power rolls off of her. "Okay, please refrain from your insidious comments, which are obviously geared to inflict harm upon my psyche. I do not appreciate it."Nick cracks up. "Well, you ARE the same Zara."
Author: Carrie Jones
6. "With that, I hurled the slipper at him, not caring if I caused his decapitation. (I did not.) Marshaling what little dignity I yet possessed, I stomped down the corridor - challenging indeed with one shoe - and around the corner. I lay awake for hours. The prince had no right, not one, to indict me so, and if I had held the slightest hope of the book's assistance, I would have climbed at once to my wizard room for a spell with which to punish him. Death, perhaps, or humiliation. A croaking frog would be nice, particularly a frog that retained Florian's dark eyes. I should keep it in a box and poke it occasionally with a stick; that would be satisfying indeed."
Author: Catherine Gilbert Murdock
7. "If babies held the same tendency toward self-criticism as adults, they might never learn to walk or talk. Can you imagine infants stomping, 'Aarggh! Screwed up again!' Fortunately, babies are free of self-criticism. They just keep practicing."
Author: Dan Millman
8. "Life is anything that dies when you stomp on it."
Author: Dave Barry
9. "Poe was standing on the border of the clearing, acting most peculiarly. He took a few steps toward the cabin, the paused, shook his head, and marched back out. He repeated the move a few times before stomping off for good.I stood at the window, confused as hell. Why in the wild... and then it hit me, way, way harder than the water when I'd fallen off the boat.Poe liked me."
Author: Diana Peterfreund
10. "My only goal as a comedian was to stomp the life out of the model-minority myth."
Author: Eddie Huang
11. "Of course I am!" Mattie stomped her foot, and the entire house shook. "Everyone should be afraid of change—people die in such times."
Author: Ekaterina Sedia
12. "So, kid, you've got to live,and not just that stoic existence you've been stomping trough all this time.You've got to be kind,you've got to fall in love,fall out of love,no matter how much it hurtsbecause my god,it's worth it. Don't let the world turn you to stone;you've got to feel.And sometimes,your heart will threaten to march right out of your chest because you're so fucking full of it all-of the people, the places,the endless days,the eternal nights-and kid, that's fine.Be brave.Courage isn't measured by thenumber of people you've turned awayor by the counts of the nights you'vespent alone because you refuse to give someone the chance to love you. Being alone is not poetic;you've got to let them in.Let them peel back your skinand waltz into your bloodstreamand love them,love them,love them.And finally, kid,your life has already begun.Stop waiting.Chaos is already underway."
Author: Emily Palermo
13. "I distracted Herbert by pretending to trip and break a bone. Ethan darted around to the red golf cart with a cocky smile on his face. He put the key in ignition, and the vehicle roared to life. "Hey," Herbert shouted, snapping his attention to Ethan. I sprang up and ran up to Ethan. He pulled me in the cart and stomped on the gas pedal. We shot through the automatic doors with Herbert on our tail. "Go faster!" I cheered. My brother smacked the steering wheel. "I can't; it's a golf cart."
Author: Erica Sehyun Song
14. "He ignored me, thank God, saying to Kat, "Let go of Frosty's leash. You're choking the life out of him." Kat's eyes narrowed to tiny slits, a sure sign of her aggression. "He deserves to choke. He didn't keep little frosty in his pants this summer." the words snapped like a whip. "He did." Cole snapped back with unwavering confidence."Not.""Did.""Not!""Did,""Not, not, not!" she shouted with a stomp of her foot."What are we five?" Cole said."Six."
Author: Gena Showalter
15. "I have a meanness inside me, real as an organ. Slit me at my belly and it might slide out, meaty and dark, drop on the floor so you could stomp on it."
Author: Gillian Flynn
16. "A true artist removes his heart willingly, allows constructive criticism to stomp it, then puts it back—bruised and aching—as he continues to strive for excellence due to the all-consuming obsession and love for his art."
Author: H.G. Mewis
17. "No...Andrew,' I step away from him, crossing my arms, 'you can't make me sing in front of people. That's just cruel.''To you or the audience?'He grins.I stomp on his foot."
Author: J.A. Redmerski
18. "Shepley stomped into the apartment and slammed the door behind him. "She's fucking impossible!" I kissed Travis on the cheek. "That's my cue." "Good luck," Travis said. I slid in beside America, and she huffed. "He's fucking impossible!"
Author: Jamie McGuire
19. "I pounded the mattress with my fists. "You can't tell me what to do anymore, Travis! I don't belong to you!"In the second it took him to turn and face me, his expression had contorted into anger. He stomped toward me, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face."WELL I BELONG TO YOU!" The veins in his neck bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. "I belong to you," he whispered, his anger melting as he realized how close we were."
Author: Jamie McGuire
20. "It was that you had to take so many stompings from life that you'd be happy when the time came to close your eyes and never open them ever again"
Author: Janet Fitch
21. "I've heard that men are like fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the shit out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with."
Author: Jill Shalvis
22. "He walked over to Isaac and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Dude, pillows don't break. Try something that breaks."Isaac reached for a basketball trophy from the shelf above the bed and then held it over his head as if waiting for permission."Yes," Augustus said. "Yes!" The trophy smashed against the floor, the plastic basketball player's arm splintering off, still grasping its ball. Isaac stomped on the trophy."Yes!" Augustus said. "Get it!" And then back to me, "I've been looking for a way to tell my father that I actually sort of hate basketball, and I think we've found it."
Author: John Green
23. "Where is he? Bridgerton!" he bellowed.Three chestnut heads swiveled in his direction. Simon stomped across the grass, murder in his eyes. "I meant the idiot Bridgerton.""That, I believe," Anthony said mildly, tilting his chin toward Colin, "would refer to you."
Author: Julia Quinn
24. "He smiled at that, and then his gaze shifted to a spot over my shoulder and it faded. 'These doubts wouldn't have anything to do with the company you're keeping of late, would they?'I didn't get a chance to answer before the shop door was thrown open and a furious war mage stomped in. Pritkin spotted me and his eyes narrowed.'You shaved my legs?!'Mircea looked at me and folded his arms across his chest. I looked from one unhappy face to the other and suddenly remembered that I had somewhere else to be."
Author: Karen Chance
25. "Heard my girl Avery stomped you so hard in a game of pool that Grayson had to take pity on you before every college freshman at UVU saw just how small your junk is."
Author: Kelly Oram
26. "Stop," a woman shouted. Everyone turned to see someone in a power suit and sensible pumps stomping out of the trees toward me. It was not Raquel. Raquel was running after her, swearing rapidly in Spanish and trying to grab Anne-Whatever Whatever."Wow, you are so not invited," I said."
Author: Kiersten White
27. "One lesson I got from Gandhi, 'Be the change you want to see,' haunts me. I just feel like I can't keep stomping around pointing the finger at BP when I am supporting the oil industry with my very own dollars and actions by buying their products, helping to pay their mortgage - plastic is from oil... polyester, shower curtains."
Author: Kristin Bauer Van Straten
28. "Maybe it would be better if we didn't love. If we didn't lose, either. If we didn't get our hearts stomped on, shattered; if we didn't have to patch and repatch until we're like Frankenstein monsters, all sewn together and bound up by who knows what."
Author: Lauren Oliver
29. "But hope got in, no matter how hard and fast I tried to stomp it out. Like these tiny fire ants we used to get in Portland. No matter how fast you liked them, there were always more, a steady stream of them, resistant, ever-multiplying.Maybe, the hope said. Maybe."
Author: Lauren Oliver
30. "I knew how much it hurt to be the daughter of people who can't see you, not even if you are standing in front of them stomping your feet."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
31. "As I sit here writing to you, I have propped my stocking feet much too close to the hearth. I've actually singed my stockings on occasion, and once I had to stomp out my feet when they started smoking. Even after that I can't seem to rid myself of the habit. There, now you could pick me out of a crowd blindfolded. Simply follow the scent of scorched stockings."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
32. "Well, but you two are dancing around in your iridescent little downpour, whooping and stomping as sane people ought to do when they encounter a thing so miraculous as water."
Author: Marilynne Robinson
33. "George you were very very bad to run away from Alice. Very bad But you were very good to stomp Sinclair when he was being a dick so I think we'll call this a wash."
Author: MaryJanice Davidson
34. "This is growing up, having to stomp out love, this is how people turn terrible."
Author: Michelle Tea
35. "Go that way, past the viaduct, and the wops will jump you, or chase you into Jew town...Polacks would stomp on you...Micks will shower you with Irish confetti from the brickyards."
Author: Mike Royko
36. "She got to me.""It happens to the best of us.""Yeah? Who gets to you?" He was so strong that sometimes she worried. Everyone needed to bend a little, even a panther responsible for the lives of his entire pack."That damn wolf. He sent you a present last week."Sascha smiled at the thought of Hawke's flirting. The SnowDancer alpha did it only to jerk Lucas's chain. "I never saw any present. What was it?""How the hell should I know? I stomped on it and threw it into the deepest crevice I could find." He smirked. "Then I called him to ask how Sienna was doing."She burst out laughing. "Wicked, wicked man."
Author: Nalini Singh
37. "I can totally identify with the younger kids. I'll never do what Jon Spencer did to me when I was 16, though. I made a tape with my friends and I put it onstage right near his mic stand by the pedal board and he pulled it out with his foot, kicked it to the center of the stage, looked me in the eye and stomped it to pieces."
Author: Patrick Carney
38. "Maybe he stomped on my vagina and I'm pissed about it." Stella Murphy"
Author: R.L. Griffin
39. "I think Ken should grow some balls and tell Barbie to piss off," Matt said after Ashley waved an accusing finger in Darren's (leg-puppy) face, then stomped off to a table beside a window."
Author: Rebekkah Ford
40. "Hades has a nice corner of Tartarus waiting for you. (Dionysus)Like that scares me. What's he going to do? Tear the flesh off my body? Break my bones? Better yet, why not hold me down and stomp on me until I bleed or make me shovel shit? Oh wait, been there, done that, and got the videotape. (Zarek)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
41. "I take it you didn't get the permits...again. (Brian)What was your first clue? (Geary)Oh, I don't know. That stomping stance as you walked down the street, clenching and unclenching your fists like you're already choking someone, or maybe it's that way you're looking at me like you could claw out my eyes when I haven't done anything to piss you off. (Brian)Yes, you have. (Geary)And that is? (Brian)You don't have a gun. (Geary)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
42. "What good will it do to tell her her mother´s alive if her mother gets herself killed in the next hour?really?call me provincial, but to me it seems cruel to say, guess what?your mom´s alive. oh wait. she WAS alive. now she is dead again´cause our worthless asses couldn´t save her. sorry,hon. hope you´re ok with me jerking your emotions around and stomping on them. and while i´m at it, you got a newborn puppy i can kick too?"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
43. "If I was a cynic I would be wondering if sooner or later some charismatic douche-bag might stomp all over this Little House on the Prairie dream of yours."
Author: Stephen Baxter
44. "It will be as if I'd never existed. The words ran through my head, lacking the perfect clarity of my hallucination last night. They were just words, soundless, like print on a page. Just words, but they ripped the hole wide open, and I stomped on the brake, knowing I should not drive while this incapacitated.I curled over, pressing my face against the steering wheel and trying to breathe without lungs."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
45. "...I once thought I defeated the evil in my heart. I learned something: We can face our demons, burn them up, stomp them into the ground. I turned mine to ashes. But even if you destroy the evidence of evil, you can't heal your heart. Not by yourself."
Author: Ted Dekker
46. "Don't write something that is your passion project because all it will do is get the passion stomped out of you."
Author: Thomas Lennon
47. "Later than usual one summer morning in 1984, Zoyd Wheeler drifted awake in sunlight through a creeping fig that hung in the window, with a squadron of blue jays stomping around on the roof. In his dreams these had been carrier pigeons from someplace far across the ocean, landing and taking off again one by one, each bearing a message for him, but none of whom, light pulsing in the wings, he could ever quite get to in time. He understood it to be another deep nudge from forces unseen, almost surely connected with the letter that had come along with his latest mental-disability check, reminding him that unless he did something publicly crazy before a date now less than a week away, he would no longer qualify for benefits. He groaned out of bed. Somewhere down the hill hammers and saws were busy and country music was playing out of somebody's truck radio. Zoyd was out of smokes."
Author: Thomas Pynchon
48. "See? See what you can do? Never mind you can't tell one letter from another, never mind you born a slave, never mind you lose your name, never mind your daddy dead, never mind nothing. Here, this here, is what a man can do if he puts his mind to it and his back in it. Stop sniveling,' [the land] said. ‘Stop picking around the edges of the world. Take advantage, and if you can't take advantage, take disadvantage. We live here. On this planet, in this nation, in this county right here. Nowhere else! We got a home in this rock, don't you see! Nobody starving in my home; nobody crying in my home, and if I got a home you got one too! Grab it. Grab this land! Take it, hold it, my brothers, make it, my brothers, shake it, squeeze it, turn it, twist it, beat it, kick it, kiss it, whip it, stomp it, dig it, plow it, seed it, reap it, rent it, buy it, sell it, own it, build it, multiply it, and pass it on – can you hear me? Pass it on!"
Author: Toni Morrison
49. "It wasn't funny.""Oh, mon coeur. It was the funniest thing I've ever heard.""Jude!" she cried, stomping her foot before she realized she'd done it."I'd kiss you now if I wasn't sure that you'd bit me."She would. She'd nip that obnoxious smile right off his face."Now I know why you're so good at it. Kissing. You've had loads of practice."
Author: Victoria Dahl
50. "You can't create a monster, then whine when it stomps on a few buildings."
Author: Yeardley Smith
Quotes About Stomp Pictures