Famous Quotes About Strength Courage And Wisdom
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Strength Courage And Wisdom.
Top Quotes About Strength Courage And Wisdom
1. "Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart, and never forget that until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'—Your friend, "Edmond Dantes, Count of Monte Cristo." During the perusal of this letter, which"
Author: Alexandre Dumas
2. "Good nutrition and vitamins do not directly cure disease, the body does. You provide the raw materials and the inborn wisdom of your body makes the repairs. Someday healthcare without megavitamin therapy will be seen as we today see childbirth without sanitation or surgery without anaesthetic."
Author: Andrew W. Saul
3. "I should attempt to treat human vice and folly geometrically... the passions of hatred, anger, envy, and so on, considered in themselves, follow from the necessity and efficacy of nature... I shall, therefore, treat the nature and strength of the emotion in exactly the same manner, as though I were concerned with lines, planes, and solids."
Author: Baruch Spinoza
4. "You have some balls."Frankie hated that expression, ever since Zada had pointed out to her that it equates courage with the male equipment..."
Author: E. Lockhart
5. "How am I ever going to find the strength to leave him?"
Author: Faith Sullivan
6. "... we whose task is wakefulness itself have inherited all the strength which has been cultivated by the struggle against this error."
Author: Fredrich Nietzsche
7. "We rely upon the poets, the philosophers, and the playwrights to articulate what most of us can only feel, in joy or sorrow. They illuminate the thoughts for which we only grope; they give us the strength and balm we cannot find in ourselves. Whenever I feel my courage wavering, I rush to them. They give me the wisdom of acceptance, the will and resiliance to push on."
Author: Helen Hayes
8. "The citadel of Jones was now taken by surprise. All those considerations of honour and prudence which our heroe had lately with so much military wisdom placed as guards over the avenues of his heart, ran away from their posts, and the god of love marched in, in triumph."
Author: Henry Fielding
9. "In this new year, may you have a deep understanding of your true value and worth, an absolute faith in your unlimited potential, peace of mind in the midst of uncertainty, the confidence to let go when you need to, acceptance to replace your resistance, gratitude to open your heart, the strength to meet your challenges, great love to replace your fear, forgiveness and compassion for those who offend you, clear sight to see your best and true path, hope to dispel obscurity, the conviction to make your dreams come true, meaningful and rewarding synchronicities, dear friends who truly know and love you, a childlike trust in the benevolence of the universe, the humility to remain teachable, the wisdom to fully embrace your life exactly as it is, the understanding that every soul has its own course to follow, the discernment to recognize your own unique inner voice of truth, and the courage to learn to be still."
Author: Janet Rebhan
10. "It may be assumed as an axiom that Providence has never gifted any political party with all of political wisdom or blinded it with all of political folly."
Author: John George Nicolay
11. "He lay before God as a woman opens herself to a man, with legs apart, stomach exposed, arms open. But unlike some women, he did not have the inner strength that allowed them to do such a thing without fear. There was no woman's strength in Mellas at all."
Author: Karl Marlantes
12. "Joy is wisdom I trust."
Author: Marty Rubin
13. "Out of fear, out of the desire for approval, out of misguided notions of duty, people surrender themselves--their convictions and their aspirations--every day. There is nothing noble about it. It takes far more courage to fight for your values than to relinquish them."
Author: Nathaniel Branden
14. "But we never get back our youth… The pulse of joy that beats in us at twenty becomes sluggish. Our limbs fail, our senses rot. We degenerate into hideous puppets, haunted by the memory of the passions of which we were too much afraid, and the exquisite temptations that we had not the courage to yield to."
Author: Oscar Wilde
15. "When Jack came in he found him sitting before a tray of bird's skins and labels. Stephen looked up, and after a moment said, 'To a tormented mind there is nothing, I believe, more irritating than comfort. Apart from anything else it often implies superior wisdom in the comforter. But I am very sorry for your trouble, my dear.''Thank you, Stephen. Had you told me that there was always a tomorrow, I think I should have thrust your calendar down your throat."
Author: Patrick O'Brian
16. "This is not the wisdom of the crowd, but the wisdom of someone in the crowd. It's not that the network itself is smart; it's that the individuals get smarter because they're connected to the network."
Author: Steven Johnson
17. "There's kind of wisdom that must be firstly rejected before accepted."
Author: Toba Beta
18. "The law of evolution is that the strongest survives!' 'Yes, and the strongest, in the existence of any social species, are those who are most social. In human terms, most ethical...There is no strength to be gained from hurting one another. Only weakness."
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
19. "Freedom! That was the thought that sung in her heart so that even though the future was so dim, it was iridescent like the mist over the river where the morning sun fell upon it. Freedom! Not only freedom from a bond that irked, and a companionship which depressed her; freedom, not only from the death which had threatened, but freedom from the love that had degraded her; freedom from all spiritual ties, the freedom of a disembodied spirit, and with freedom, courage , and a valiant unconcern for whatever was to come."
Author: W. Somerset Maugham
Quotes About Strength Courage And Wisdom Pictures