Famous Quotes About Stretch Marks
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Stretch Marks.
Top Quotes About Stretch Marks
1. "That Sindy. She was so damn smart. But I never told her that. I also never told her that I loved her, or that I loved the two little stretch marks she got from carrying Vera. Or that I loved that freckle on her forehead. I never told her that I loved her lasagna or that I thought her views on politics were clever. I just kept my mouth shut because I thought that made me safe."
Author: A.S. King
2. "I got highways for stretchmarksSee where I've grown."
Author: Ani DiFranco
3. "When she thinks of the toxins built up inside of her from so many years of eating carelessly, of the resentment that has grown steadily over fifteen years of marriage, of the stretch marks and the varicose veins that came from two pregnancies, only one of them fulfilled, she thinks the inside of her body must tell a story like a tree. Were she to break open a bone, perhaps it would look like the inside of a coffee mug - riddled with lines, stained with brown blotches."
Author: Benjamin Percy
4. "Christ, Heather, I know what I look like. And you're…" His words dropped off lifting a hand towards me and looked away.I folded my arms in front of me. "I'm what? I'm nothing but an ex-fat child who's completely familiar with self-esteem issues–don't kid a kidder, Ry, I'm not perfect either." Thoughts of my tantalizing stretch marks flitted through my mind. Yeah I'm far from perfect.His amazing green eyes flipped back to me, a wary pain etched in his face. "So, I'm to believe you're not repulsed by the sight of me?"
Author: Beth Mikell
5. "They came and bound me up and I had awful stretch marks. I hated my breasts after that."
Author: Christine Keeler
6. "Bidding the wizard farewell, he turned to his daughter, who held up her fingerand said, "Daddy, look — one of the gnomes actually bit me!""How wonderful! Gnome saliva is enormously beneficial!" said Mr. Lovegood, seizing Luna's outstretched finger and examining the bleeding puncture marks. "Luna, my love, if you should feel any burgeoning talent today — perhaps an unexpected urge to sing opera or to declaim in Mermish — do not repress it! You may have been gifted by the Gernumblies!"Ron, passing them in the opposite direction, let out a loud snort."
Author: J.K. Rowling
7. "I'm not as hard on myself anymore. I'm comfortable exactly where I am, though it took me until I was 34 years old! I still have things I'm really insecure about, but I've changed by loving me - C-section scars, stretch marks, and all."
Author: Jenny McCarthy
8. "Oh, you are a little ray of sunshine today, aren't you? Now, look at your progesterone levels. Still higher than normal. Are you pregnant? Have you been throwing up?""No. But I get cravings. Will I get stretch marks?" said Fi.Gilamar kept a straight face. "Yeah, say goodbye to your figure. Everything sags from now on."
Author: Karen Traviss
9. "We have babies because we want them to love us, to make us important, but the only make us tired and fat and stinking of spit up because they're babies, not saviors. Their fathers leave us, sick of crap and sour milk, sweatpants and tears. But the babies still need all of us, only there isn't anything left to give because we based our worth on the lowlifes who knocked us up and around. So our babies end up screwed up and screwed with because not we're single again, too, so we're bringing home guys who secretly like pink satin baby skin more than our silvery stretch marks. We don't see what we should see because having anyone is till supposedly better than being alone."
Author: Laura Wiess
10. "Don't tell thin women to eat a cheeseburger. Don't tell fat women to put down the fork. Don't tell underweight men to bulk up. Don't tell women with facial hair to wax, don't tell uncircumcised men they're gross, don't tell muscular women to go easy on the dead-lift, don't tell dark-skinned women to bleach their vagina, don't tell black women to relax their hair, don't tell flat-chested women to get breast implants, don't tell "apple-shaped" women what's "flattering," don't tell mothers to hide their stretch marks, and don't tell people whose toes you don't approve of not to wear flip-flops. And so on, etc, etc, in every iteration until the mountains crumble to the sea. Basically, just go ahead and CEASE telling other human beings what they "should" and "shouldn't" do with their bodies unless a) you are their doctor, or b) SOMEBODY GODDAMN ASKED YOU."
Author: Lindy West
11. "That was the next-to-last time I felt any desire. And he was pale and tall (how disgusting tall men are, such a waste of space and flesh, so uncompact). (I am hideous myself now. Discovered in new, M.C., mirror that skin is a jungle of pearly stretch marks all over. Face sags too. Always new awful discoveries. If could only vomit up age like the food I relentlessly wolf.)"
Author: Maryse Holder
12. "She thought he was about to kiss her again. Instead, he slowly sank to his knees, grasped her waist, and pressed his lips to her belly. Her stretch marks. He was kissing her stretch marks."
Author: Pamela Clare
Quotes About Stretch Marks Pictures