Famous Quotes About Style
Browse 1699 famous quotes and sayings about Style.
Top Quotes About Style
1. "I'm not sure how to describe my style. A lot of my work is dark and looks a bit sad, which is strange because I'm such a smiley, over-the-top positive guy who wears gold shoes most days."
Author: Aaron Huey
2. "But everything written has style. The list of ingredients on the side of a cornflakes box has style. And everything literary has literary style. And style is integral to a work. How something is told correlates with - more - makes what's being told. A story is its style."
Author: Ali Smith
3. "Orange Nya Nya Style....Orange Nya Nya Style....I am an orange,people think that I'm annoyingSay what you want'cuz I'm certainly not boringI hang out in the stableswith a bunch of unicornsand i ride them into outspace -honking unihorns!I hangout with pearIn the kitchen every we really like it here We do?We're having fun timeseven squash is here.....Marshmallow is really happy with his teddy bear - his evil teddy bear"
Author: Annoying Orange
4. "Je l'entends toujours. Alors que je repose mon stylographe et que je me dirige vers mon lit, je perçois l'archet qu'on tire sur le chevalet, et la musique qui s'élève dans le ciel nocturne. C'est lointain et à peine audible - mais c'est là! Un pizzicato. Un trémolo. Le style est impossible à à confondre avec un autre. C'est Sherlock Holmes. ll faut que ce soit lui. J'espère que c'est pour moi qu'il joue..."
Author: Anthony Horowitz
5. "With the super duper flow, I created that one word rhyme style."
Author: Big Sean
6. "Forget about style; worry about results."
Author: Bobby Orr
7. "Music is pretty much the lifestyle, not the music itself. The lifestyle really pulled me off the street. Made me want to do something organized and positive."
Author: Brandon Thomas
8. "British and American women have very different styles and a different way of living."
Author: Carolina Herrera
9. "Everybody has their own style. If you went to the movies every week and everybody acted the same way Tom Cruise did, boy, wouldn't that suck?"
Author: Carrot Top
10. "Because it is the triumph of a lack of planning –both for good and bad. It's chaos –and whether you say that with a gasp of despair or glee or both is up to you. Whereas Paris (certainly in the centre) is the success of a single overarching monomaniacal topographic vision, London is a chaotic patchwork of history, architecture, style, as disorganised as any dream, and like any dream possessing an underlying logic, but one that we can't quite make sense of, though we know it's there. A shoved-together city cobbled from centuries of distinct aesthetics disrespectfully clotted in a magnificent triumph of architectural philistinism. A city of jingoist sculptures, concrete caryatids, ugly ugly ugly financial bombast, reconfiguration. A city full of parks and gardens, which have always been magic places, one of the greenest cities in the world, though it's a very dirty shade of green –and what sort of grimy dryads does London throw up? You tell me."
Author: China Miéville
11. "The Ed Hardy man is confident with a strong sense of personal style. He is not afraid to be seen and take risks. He enjoys comfort and flexible style, yet he wants to stand apart from the crowd."
Author: Christian Audigier
12. "Each simian had a much different body suit, so besides trying to define class across species, there was a definite attempt to dress each group in different styles."
Author: Colleen Atwood
13. "In the philosophical dialect, a cynic takes an insult as a compliment since opposition is already his style."
Author: Criss Jami
14. "During the shoot in November 2003, I was vaguely aware of the stylist's sulky demeanor and eye-rolling vibe, but I blocked her out. Some fashion people are snotty drama queens; this is not news. Whatever was going on with her, I was determined to be positive and not get infected by her energy. Later, Fiorella told me that the entire time I was in makeup, the stylist had been clomping up and down the hall, sputtering into her cell phone, "I can't believe I have to style a FAT GIRL!" Believe it, bitch."
Author: Crystal Renn
15. "What did the fish say when it hit a concrete wall?" he asks me. We're sitting on the bank of a stream and he's tying a fly onto my fishing rod, wearing a cowboy hat and a red lumberjack-style flannel shirt over a gray tee. So adorable."What?" I say, wanting to laugh and he hasn't even told me the punch line.He grins. Unbelievable how gorgeous he is. And that he's mine. He loves me and I love him and how rare and beautiful is that?"Dam!" he says."
Author: Cynthia Hand
16. "Literary criticism can be no more than a reasoned account of the feeling produced upon the critic by the book he is criticizing. Criticism can never be a science: it is, in the first place, much too personal, and in the second, it is concerned with values that science ignores. The touchstone is emotion, not reason. We judge a work of art by its effect on our sincere and vital emotion, and nothing else. All the critical twiddle-twaddle about style and form, all this pseudoscientific classifying and analysing of books in an imitation-botanical fashion, is mere impertinence and mostly dull jargon."
Author: D.H. Lawrence
17. "Even when [profanity, sex, and violence] might be judged as appropriate to a film, the Christian must ask himself whether or not he should watch the film in the first place. While our subjective experience of a movie's style elements should not be the sole criterion in evaluating a film's overall goodness, we may need to avoid certain films simply because the style elements overshadow whatever good might be found in the film."
Author: Douglas Beaumont
18. "I was attracted to the concept of Hollywood and the lifestyle here. But I've grown to mistrust it because it has changed. I didn't bargain for digital access parking in some concrete structure. Real heaven for me was to drive somewhere and park right in front. Now the city is going vertical."
Author: Edward Ruscha
19. "Just a whole different style, just a whole different way of going about an audience and a way about skating. And they are so brilliant in their own way, which is great, and that's what Brian was saying; is the styles are different, and it's the whole mentality."
Author: Elvis Stojko
20. "The higher up you go, the more mistakes you are allowed. Right at the top, if you make enough of them, it's considered to be your style."
Author: Fred Astaire
21. "I like the Cyclostyle ink; it is so inky. I do not think there is anyone who takes quite such a fierce pleasure in things being themselves as I do. The startling wetness of water excites and intoxicates me: the fieriness of fire, the steeliness of steel, the unutterable muddiness of mud. It is just the same with people.... When we call a man "manly" or a woman "womanly" we touch the deepest philosophy."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
22. "Some girls get swept up in the lifestyle - clubbing and partying with celebrities. You can't live your life like that, though. It's fake."
Author: Gemma Ward
23. "Free folk don't follow names, or little cloth animals sewn on a tunic," the King-Beyond-the-Wall had told him. "They won't dance for coins, they don't care how your style yourself or what that chain of office means or who your grandsire was. They follow strength. They follow the man."
Author: George R.R. Martin
24. "It's my firm conclusion that human meaning comes from humans, not from a supernatural source. After we die, our hopes for an afterlife reside in the social networks that we influenced while we were alive. If we influence people in a positive way -- even if our social web is only as big as our nuclear family -- others will want to emulate us and pass on our ideas, manners, and lifestyle to future generations. This is more than enough motivation for me to do good things in my life and teach my children to do the same."
Author: Greg Graffin
25. "I love this book. When other U.S. reporters were licking Ken Lay's loafers, Leopold went for Enron's thieving throat. Leopold is a journalist who insists on real investigative reporting–inside documents, inside sources, hard knife-in-the-gut evidence–detective-style reporting that is just about illegal in the U.S.A. Bravo and my personal Pulitzer to Jason Leopold. Every journalist in America should read this, then quit or riot."
Author: Greg Palast
26. "In his earliest youth, he had drawn inspiration from really bad authors, as you may have seen from his style; as he grew older, he lost his taste for them, but the excellent authors just didn't fill him with the same enthusiasm"
Author: Gustave Flaubert
27. "Each one of us, and, indeed, all those who aspire to national leadership must bring their own visions, views and styles to the business of reforming Nigeria, and the search for solutions."
Author: Ibrahim Babangida
28. "Fashions are changes in the day-to-day activities of people, in the manner of speech ( Egolaa, Elhaa, Migolaa ), attitude and in dress style"
Author: Irak.Ibrahim Hussain Didi
29. "It was around the summer of 1982 when the drug problem really impacted. It became a lifestyle rather than a recreation. When you start lying and stealing, you cannot con yourself you're in control any more."
Author: Irvine Welsh
30. "Dresscodes are for styleless people."
Author: James Salter
31. "I love traditional shoes. I have a nice couple of pairs of traditional Oxford-style shoes, a pair of Edward Green shoes, and I aspire to a pair of hand-made George Cleverley shoes. Mark McNairy, all those are amazing."
Author: Jamie Cullum
32. "One man's style must not be the rule of another's."
Author: Jane Austen
33. "I trained for months to be a boxer. Not Mike Tyson style, but more like Fed Ex. I'm a lover, not a fighter. Well, I'm not really a lover, but I am slightly more romantic than I am brave, and I'm not at all courageous."
Author: Jarod Kintz
34. "My way of remaining French was the financing scheme I used for Quest for Fire, with Fox funds, since it started as a 100% American production. The film was not in French and yet was French in style, reflecting my personality."
Author: Jean Jacques Annaud
35. "I went through a big Alice Cooper phase, which was probably a major influence on my writing style later, especially after Plastic Surgery Disasters."
Author: Jello Biafra
36. "I'm a playmaker. I'm always attacking the rim and have somewhat of a reckless style. I try to be everywhere at once."
Author: Jeremy Lin
37. "No, there's not much competition between puppeteers in general because everybody's working their own style."
Author: Jim Henson
38. "Yet she lays out this family plan the way you'd say, "After yoga, I'll go to Lia's for the mani-special and then wax on about hairstyles and hemlines until dinner."If I were gifted at making long-term plans, which by now we all know I'm not, and if I was at all hopeful, which we all know that I can never be, although it crosses my mind that it's entirely possible these are all just huge, f*&king, temporary setbacks and nothing more, even though it's been going on for over three years now, since Holly died, and I met Lincoln Presley. Events that could be construed as somehow inevitably related. Yes, perhaps there's an expiration date on the said pursuit of unhappiness. Perhaps, things will eventually go my way after I actually discover what that way is supposed to be."
Author: Katherine Owen
39. "Michael [Hutchence] is hands down one of the greatest frontmen in music. The style, the voice—all of it. Any way that I was ever influenced by him really comes down to small, pale imitations compared to the real thing. There is a fearlessness about him. Watching him at Wembley Stadium with 70,000 people, he looks as comfortable as if he were in his own living room. — Rob Thomas, Matchbox Twenty"
Author: Lori Majewski Jonathan Bernstein
40. "What a cheek. I do live a healthy life style. I don't smoke, I don't drink and I don;t exercise, how much healthier can I be?"
Author: Lynda Renham
41. "A future priest, I faced her as before an altar: one of her cheeks was the Epistle and the other the Gospel. Her mouth might have been the chalice, her lips the paten. All I needed to do was to say a new mass, according to a Latin that no one learns at school, and is the catholic language of mankind. Don't think me sacrilegious, devout lady reader; the purity of the intention cleanses anything unorthodox in the style. We stood there with heaven within us. Our hands, their nerve ends touching, made two creatures one: a single, seraphic being. Our eyes went on saying infinite things, and the words did not even try to pass our lips: they went back to the heart as silently as they had come…"
Author: Machado De Assis
42. "I just don't feel much interested in the lifestyles of the rich and famous."
Author: Michael Cunningham
43. "Actors have this amazing skill - we bond quite quickly but equally we move on quite quickly. There's nothing particularly cold or capricious about it - we're troubadours and lead a troubadour's lifestyle."
Author: Natalie Dormer
44. "True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style."
Author: Nicole Richie
45. "I don't smoke, don't drink much, and go to the gym five times a week. I live a healthy lifestyle and feel great. I can run a marathon, you know."
Author: Sarah Michelle Gellar
46. "Soccer is a great game, and the rich variety of styles and passions that come with being truly global makes the World Cup a nonpareil event in the universe of competitive sport."
Author: Serge Schmemann
47. "Mrs. Porter was from Virginia and had a smooth-as-cat-fur way of speaking. She taught me how to say, "Fiddle-Dee-Dee," just like Scarlett O'Hara and she made her split-pea soup with bacon and even let me try on her lipstick sometimes as she teased up my hair in the same sixties style she wore, "Ala Pricilla Presley," whoever that was."
Author: Shannon Celebi
48. "Hat head is a sad affliction wherein the chosen hat and the selected hairstyle are grossly incompatible. The unfortunate combination results in a condition that can be hidden only with the application of another hat."
Author: Stephanie Pearl McPhee
49. "The monarchy is foremost a business, and it's important to them that the British public continue to finance the excessive luxurious lifestyles of the now quite enormous, wasteful and useless 'royal' family. I find it very sad."
Author: Steven Patrick Morrissey
50. "Grime is a particular style of music. You've got electro, funk and garage; grime is its darker side. It's constantly evolving."
Author: Tinie Tempah
Quotes About Style Pictures