Famous Quotes About Success And The American Dream
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Success And The American Dream.
Top Quotes About Success And The American Dream
1. "Lie you easy, dream you light,And sleep you fast for aye;And luckier may you find the nightThan ever you found the day."
Author: A.E. Housman
2. "Once upon a time, when men and women hurtled through the air on metal wings, when they wore webbed feet and walked on the bottom of the sea, learning the speech of whales and the songs of the dolphins, when pearly-fleshed and jewelled apparitions of Texan herdsmen and houris shimmered in the dusk on Nicaraguan hillsides, when folk in Norway and Tasmania in dead of winter could dream of fresh strawberries, dates, guavas and passion fruits and find them spread next morning on their tables, there was a woman who was largely irrelevant, and therefore happy."
Author: A.S. Byatt
3. "The negative side of the American Dream comes when people pursue success at any cost, which in turn destroys the vision and the dream."
Author: Azar Nafisi
4. "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true? Or is it something worse?"
Author: Bruce Springsteen
5. "My dream life is just to go back to my job full-time. And be with my family. You know, regular dreams, common dreams that everyone has."
Author: Carla Bruni
6. "I didn't grow up in the typical happy American home, but music was always a safe and wonderful place for me to go."
Author: Chris Isaak
7. "It's never that hard for me to imagine what it must feel like to be someone else, whether it's an American teenage girl or a Japanese octogenarian man."
Author: Curtis Sittenfeld
8. "I am one of four girls and was inspired by my father to dream big. Some girls want to be doctors, but I wanted to run a company."
Author: Denise Morrison
9. "There's no doubt that what has emerged in the years after 9/11, unlike the situation in Britain, there were practices sanctioned in the U.S. that fall far below the standard of conduct that should have taken place. It is for the American system of government, in all of its branches, to address that. It is not for a British politician."
Author: Douglas Alexander
10. "... a real program of social and economic reform [in Vietnam] would have involved a real conflict ... between the peasants ... and the landlords and the city people... [it] was difficult ... because it required a concern for the peasants ... it was those capacities ... its American supporters lacked."
Author: Frances FitzGerald
11. "Come, let us go and try it. Why dream about it."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
12. "Raz was one of those vanguard human beings of indeterminate ethnicity, the magnificent mutts that I hope we are all destined to become given another millennium of intermixing. His skin was a rich pecan color from his dad, who was part African American and part native Hawaiian. His hair, straight and glossy black, and the almond shape of his eyes came from his Japanese grandmother. But their color was the cool blue he'd inherited from his mum, a Swedish windsurfing champion."
Author: Geraldine Brooks
13. "The third dream was hard to put into words. It was a rambling, incoherent dream without any setting. All that was there was a feeling of being in motion. Aomame was ceaselessly moving through time and space It didn't matter when or where this was All that mattered was this movement. Everything was fluid, and a specific meaning was born of that fluidity. But as she gave herself up to it, she found her body growing transparent. She could see through her hands to the other side. Her bones, organs, and womb became visible. At this rate she might very well no longer exist. After she could no longer see herself, Aomame wondered what could possibly come then. She had no answer."
Author: Haruki Murakami
14. "A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
15. "In a moment when criticism shows a singular dearth of direction every man has to be a law unto himself in matters of theatre, writing, and painting. While the American Mercury and the new Ford continue to spread a thin varnish of Ritz over the whole United States there is a certain virtue in being unfashionable."
Author: John Dos Passos
16. "I find standard American the hardest. It really fits in a different place in your mouth. Southern, I find the easiest. If you talk to a dialect coach and you get sort of technical, where an English person keeps their voice in their throat, a Southern person does the same, and it's got the same sort of music to talking."
Author: Juno Temple
17. "Somehow difficulties are easier to endure when you know your dream is waiting for you at the end."
Author: Lisa Mangum
18. "I'd just pledged to you to keep protecting the happiness of everyone on this planet, forever. And it's not a dream at all! Defending this planet is our everyday reality. We can't let ourselves get defeated here, by nightmares or even our own dreams...! ...There's no way we Sailor Guardians can lose!"
Author: Naoko Takeuchi
19. "Never quit on your one and only dream !!!"
Author: Raven Kaldera
20. "Luckily, a recent survey published in the American Sociological Review revealed that atheists are the least trusted group in America—less trusted, even, than homosexuals. It makes sense at least we trust the homosexuals with our hair."
Author: Stephen Colbert
21. "My life was forever changed the day I realized there was a big difference between having a dream and chasing it."
Author: Steve Maraboli
22. "What happened with Hurricane Katrina was the American electorate was forced to look at what lay behind the veneer of chest-beating. We all saw the consequences of having terrible government leadership."
Author: Susan Faludi
23. "My experience in Amsterdam is that cyclists ride where the hell they like and aim in a state of rage at all pedestrians while ringing their bell loudly, the concept of avoiding people being foreign to them.My dream holiday would be a) a ticket to Amsterdam b) immunity from prosecution and c) a baseball bat."
Author: Terry Pratchett
24. "(on cults) The pattern is classic. It is referred to by many names, milieu control and totalism, for example, but the method doesn't change. the essential element in this seemingly mysterious macabre is reclusion. The glasshouse flower of a dream cannot withstand the elements outside protected walls. Such a relationship and belief system cannot withstand a reality check. Therefore, the probability of conversion is much higher if the cult is able to gain control of the individual's environment and communication channels."
Author: Testy McTesterson
25. "Sin as little as possible - that is the law of mankind. Not to sin at all is the dream of the angel. All earthly tings are subject to sin. Sin is like gravity."
Author: Victor Hugo
Quotes About Success And The American Dream Pictures