Famous Quotes About Suicidal
Browse 99 famous quotes and sayings about Suicidal.
Top Quotes About Suicidal
1. "Gaia Bank & Trust: Building a Natural Economy Capitalism is fueled by the goal of perpetual growth. This fixation with linear economic growth violates nature's principle of working in cycles, feedback, loops. Since western culture's economy is built on the two pillars of consumerism and war, and since both pillars require the destruction of natural resources, the goal of perpetually expanding such an economy is ultimately suicidal. Like a feckless heir carelessly spending his inheritance, western culture grinds up its capital—natural resources—far faster than nature can replace it. The ultimate outcome of such a system is not only collapse of the economy, but of the global ecosystem as well."
2. "A spirituality that is only private and self-absorbed, one devoid of an authentic political and social consciousness, does little to halt the suicidal juggernaut of history. On the other hand, an activism that is not purified by profound spiritual and psychological self-awareness and rooted in divine truth, wisdom, and compassion will only perpetuate the problem it is trying to solve, however righteous its intentions. When, however, the deepest and most grounded spiritual vision is married to a practical and pragmatic drive to transform all existing political, economic and social institutions, a holy force - the power of wisdom and love in action - is born. This force I define as Sacred Activism."
Author: Andrew Harvey
3. "Does any man have the right to dispose of his own life? This is the ultimate question of moral entitlement, and relevant only if right is relevant in this context, and it is not. A suicidal man cannot be concerned - and nor should he be - with questions of moral entitlement. (And how absurd.) His one concern should be whether self-execution will most expediently relieve his suffering."
Author: Antonella Gambotto Burke
4. "I, myself, spent 9 years in an insane asylum and never had any suicidal tendencies, but I know that every conversation I had with a psychiatrist during the morning visit made me long to hang myself because I was aware that I could not slit his throat."
Author: Antonin Artaud
5. "Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism."
Author: Carl Sagan
6. "I have the insecurities of any actress, I suppose of any woman. Even the most beautiful ones feel unhappy. Look at Bardot: she was suicidal. But I like to play with the camera. I like to ham it up."
Author: Chloe Sevigny
7. "I didn't mean to scare you. I'm not suicidal if that's what's freaking you out. I'm not fucked up in the head. I'm not deranged. I'm not suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. I'm just a brother who loved his sister more than life itself, so I get a little intense when I think about her."
Author: Colleen Hoover
8. "Seemingly suicidal, it's not. I never wanted to live. I wanted to be happy. Living was always accidental."
Author: Darnell Lamont Walker
9. "It's a bit like the feeling I get when I'm standing on a cliff or high building, looking down at a suicidal drop. I start thinking about what would happen if I stepped off, the rush of the fall, the shattering collision, the quiet emptiness of death. Part of me wants to experience the thrill of complete surrender..."
Author: Darren Shan
10. "After a long, labored sigh, I said, "She was really happy when I got there. I'm pretty sure she was suicidal when I left.""You do have that effect on people."
Author: Darynda Jones
11. "I had set myself an unattainable ideal. Such human skill I could summon wasn't enough for the job. I felt the suicidal despair of all who longed to do what they couldn't, what only a few in each century could – whether blessed or cursed in spirit. No achievement was ever finite. There was no absolute summit. No peak of Everest to plant a flag on. Success was someone else's opinion."
Author: Dick Francis
12. "If you know people who are suicidal, or if you know people who are bipolar, depressed, have panic attack disorder, just be there for them. They're going through something that's very, very hard."
Author: Eric Millegan
13. "The art, the art of living, involves the act of creation. The work of art is nothing. It is only the tangible, visible evidence of a way of life, which, if it is not crazy is certainly different from the accepted way of life. The difference lies in the act, in the assertion of a will, and individuality. For the artist to attach himself to his work, or identify himself with it, is suicidal. An artist should be able not only to spit on his predecessor's art, or on all works of art, but on his own too. He should be able to be an artist all the time, and finally not be an artist at all, but a piece of art."
Author: Henry Miller
14. "The great incestuous wish is to flow on, one with time, to merge the great image of the beyond with the here and now. A fatuous, suicidal wish that is constipated by words and paralyzed by thought."
Author: Henry Miller
15. "I'm usually called upon to play the dreary suicidal girl."
Author: Hope Davis
16. "To me our bombing policy appears to be suicidal. Not because it does not do vast damage to our enemy, it does; but because, simultaneously, it does vast damage to our peace aim, unless that aim is mutual economic and social annihilation."
Author: J. F. C. Fuller
17. "He's unrepentant,' McClane pronounced, 'and insulting. And possibly suicidal. Can we kick him in the face?"
Author: J. Fally
18. "Apart from being suicidal I'm fine"
Author: Jack Harries
19. "Most suicidal teens are different; they're tempted to kill themselves. with me, i know i need to die; i should be killed for the things i've done. but i keep feeling this nudge, this TEMPTATION TO LIVE. and everyday i pray to god that i never lose that temptation."
Author: Jake Vander Ark
20. "He's like a suicidal Energizer bunny."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
21. "I frowned at the list. "So… I'll go back and tell the Traynors that I'm going to get their suicidal quadriplegic son drunk, spend their money on strippers and lap dancers, and then trundle him off to the Disability Olympics—"
Author: Jojo Moyes
22. "The denial of language is a suicidal one and we pay for it with our own lives."
Author: Joyce Carol Oates
23. "Suicide by train is also popular in many developed countries. Without ready access to firearms, suicidal people often turn to trains. —Der Spiegel, July 27, 2011Once it happens you can't rememberhow you started out: innocent,barreling into the tunnel,shooting out at each stationlike a dolphin out of a dim green pool.Pneumatic doors inhale open, puff shut,lock with a solid thump.Up and down the line, fifty times a day,it's a long slow song. Youfeel the rumble as much as hear it.In your dim green trancethe words retain wonder:Vorsicht, Türe werden geschloßen.Caution, the doors are closing.Then the first time:someone decides darkness will answer,hides out in the tunnel,steps out in front of the trainlike he knows where he's going,steps out at you, dying at you,knowing you can't stop in time.Now each time the doors close,they seal you in. You are a human bulletshot into the tunnels, hoping no onewill block the light far ahead,each station one minute's reprieve."
Author: Karen Greenbaum Maya
24. "When people are suicidal, their thinking is paralyzed, their options appear spare or nonexistent, their mood is despairing, and hopelessness permeates their entire mental domain. The future cannot be separated from the present, and the present is painful beyond solace. ‘This is my last experiment,' wrote a young chemist in his suicide note. ‘If there is any eternal torment worse than mine I'll have to be shown."
Author: Kay Redfield Jamison
25. "Suicidal glory is the luxury of the irresponsible."
Author: Lois McMaster Bujold
26. "Taking risks is not being suicidal. Otherwise, skydivers need serious help."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
27. "With the arrival of electric technology, man has extended, or set outside himself, a live model of the central nervous system itself. To the degree that this is so, it is a development that suggests a desperate suicidal autoamputation, as if the central nervous system could no longer depend on the physical organs to be protective buffers against the slings and arrows of outrageous mechanism."
Author: Marshall McLuhan
28. "I wanted to kill the me underneath. That fact haunted my days and nights. When you realize you hate yourself so much, when you realize that you cannot stand who you are, and this deep spite has been the motivation behind your behavior for many years, your brain can't quite deal with it. It will try very hard to avoid that realization; it will try, in a last-ditch effort to keep your remaining parts alive, to remake the rest of you. This is, I believe, different from the suicidal wish of those who are in so much pain that death feels like relief, different from the suicide I would later attempt, trying to escape that pain. This is a wish to murder yourself; the connotation of kill is too mild. This is a belief that you deserve slow torture, violent death."
Author: Marya Hornbacher
29. "And don't even suggest that these would be better off in Tiercel's hands. No, Tiercel has other things to do with his life. You, on the other hand, get to protect him. And guess what that makes you?""Stupid?" Harrier suggested. "Suicidal?""A Knight-Mage!" the unicorn cried cheerfully."
Author: Mercedes Lackey
30. "Any good Irwin can make going to the corner store for a candy bar and a Coke lood death defying and suicidal."
Author: Mira Grant
31. "I'm a decent sprinter and I can gun a motorcycle from zero to suicidal in less than ten seconds."
Author: Mira Grant
32. "I guess I'm a hopeful optimist, because to be a pessimist is to be suicidal."
Author: Peter Benchley
33. "He sits aloof from the rest of the family, an inaccessible island with a rocky shoreline. You cannot make landfall on your own. You must first take my mother on board as the pilot to guide you through the treacherous channel. And her MO depends on the nature of the mission. Sometimes when we had infuriated him, she was like one of those little grooming fish swimming right up to the great white shark in an apparently suicidal approach an nibbling at the menacing snout. And we would hold our breath, waiting for her to be gobbled up in a flash of fish fangs, but the great white wld exhibit some instinctive override, some primal understanding of emotional symbiosis, and would tolerate her proximity. And so the pattern had been established over decades."
Author: Peter Godwin
34. "Well, darkness with humor... I'm not an extremely suicidal or sad person."
Author: Peter Steele
35. "Oh Google, she thought I was suicidal."
Author: Rae Mariz
36. "The work in S, M, L, XL was almost suicidal. It required so much effort that our office almost went bankrupt."
Author: Rem Koolhaas
37. "Every citizen must be actively aware of, participating in, and overseeing research, and that research should be focused on creating prosperity and peace, not war and poverty or suicidal needs.Transparency, which engenders truth, is the foundation for all this."
Author: Robert David Steele
38. "I stared at her. "But she drugged us.""That is no longer news, dumbass. Are you going to ask why she drugged you?""Allright," I said, narrowing my eyes. "Why?""Because, dear October, you're the most passively suicidal person I've ever met, and that's saying something. You'll never open your wrists, but you'll run headfirst into hell. You'll have good reasons. You'll have great reasons, even. And a part of you will be praying that you won't come out again."
Author: Seanan McGuire
39. "Don't be stupid, Jess." – Abigail"Brains don't exactly run in my family. Suicidal lunacy, on the other hand…" – Sundown"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
40. "Kat laughed. 'Who wants to live forever?'Kish put his hand up. 'For the record, I do.'Sin scowled at him. 'Then why do you irritate me so often?'Suicidal tendencies are inherent in my species?"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
41. "DAMN! damn it all downtook one to the chest without even a sound soWHAT! what are you worththe things you love or the people you hurtHEY! it's like deja vua suicidal maniac with nothing to loseso wait, it's the exception to the ruleeveryone of us in EXPENDABLE"
42. "Borderline means you're one of those girls……who walk around wearing long sleeves in the summer because you've carved up your forearms over your boyfriend. You make pathetic suicidal gestures and write bad poetry about them, listen to Ani DiFranco albums on endless repeat, end up in the emergency room for overdoses, scare off boyfriends by insisting they tell you that they love you five hundred times a day and hacking into their email to make sure they're not lying, have a police record for shoplifting, and your tooth enamel is eroded from purging. You've had five addresses and eight jobs in three years, your friends are avoiding your phone calls, you're questioning your sexuality, and the credit card companies are after you. It took a lot of years to admit that I was exactly that girl, and that the diagnostic criteria for the disorder were essentially an outline of my life."
Author: Stacy Pershall
43. "You don't get a lot of suicidal vampires."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
44. "Suicide is a form of murder - premeditated murder. It isn't something you do the first time you think of doing it. It takes getting used to. And you need the means, the opportunity, the motive. A successful suicide demands good organization and a cool head, both of which are usually incompatible with the suicidal state of mind."
Author: Susanna Kaysen
45. "At least when I was an adult, I had a name for what was wrong with me: manic depression. It's easier to make sense of things - even very disturbing things like sexual acting out and suicidality - when there's a big, fat label slapped on top. But as a child, I knew nothing. I had no diagnosis. All I had was a vague and gnawing awareness that I was different from other children, and that different was not good. Different must be kept hidden."
Author: Terri Cheney
46. "Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere, by force, with a persons decision to commit this act. The result is a far-reaching infantilization and dehumanization of the suicidal person."
Author: Thomas Stephen Szasz
47. "I won't say I wouldn't be grateful and happy and delighted and thrilled to bits to receive a nomination. But I wouldn't be suicidal if it didn't happen."
Author: Tom Wilkinson
48. "In advertising not to be different is virtually suicidal."
Author: William Bernbach
49. "In our new age of terrifying, lethal gadgets, which supplanted so swiftly the old one, the first great aggressive war, if it should come, will be launched by suicidal little madmen pressing an electronic button. Such a war will not last long and none will ever follow it. There will be no conquerors and no conquests, but only the charred bones of the dead on and uninhabited planet."
Author: William L. Shirer
50. "Neo-Spenglerians who are attuned to the racial view of history (call them "racists" for convenience) hold that the "final" phase of a Culture—the imperialistic stage—is final only because the cultural organism destroys its body and kills its soul by this process. Obviously, if we are to draw analogies between cultures and organisms we must agree that the soul of the organism dies only because of the death of the body. The soul can sicken—the soul of the West is now diseased and perhaps mortally ill—but it cannot die unless the organism itself dies. And this, point out the racists, is precisely what has happened to all previous cultures; death of the organism being the natural result of the suicidal process of imperialism."
Author: Willis Carto
Quotes About Suicidal Pictures