Famous Quotes About Summer Flings
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Summer Flings.
Top Quotes About Summer Flings
1. "The subjects range from the pastoral (sniffing of the butt of a melon to tell if it's ripe. and almost romantically lush descriptions of lightening storms sweeping across fields on summer nights) to elaborations on the value of man's having a life of his own, apart from whatever life he has with his family, a private life that no one knows anything about, "a place he can be himself without concern of disappointment or rejection"."
Author: A.M. Homes
2. "In case you haven't heard, my girlfriends and I have declared the summer of 2012 as the best summer ever. The best way to document said 'best summer ever' is with a good ol' disposable camera. Smile, click, move on! Nobody gets pic approval, and there's no time wasted gathering around the camera to analyze a moment that just happened."
Author: Candice Accola
3. "Wash your dress in running water. dry it on the southern side of a rock. let them have four guesses and make them all wrong. take a fistful of snow in the summer heat. cook haluski in hot sweet butter. drink cold milk to clean your insides. be careful when you wake: breathing lets them know how asleep you are. don't hang your coat from a hook in the door. ignore curfew. remember weather by the voice of the wheel. do not become the fool they need you to become. change your name. lose your shoes. practice doubt. dress in oiled cloth around sickness. adore darkness. turn sideways in the wind. the changing of stories is a cheerful affair. give the impression of not having known."
Author: Colum McCann
4. "My folks made me a Jawa costume for the Halloween after 'Star Wars' opened in '77. In '78, when it was re-released, I was hired by the local cinema to be the Jawa: to dress up all summer long, and I could frighten people with my Jawa sounds and my Jawa outfit and watch 'Star Wars Episode IV' all summer long and get paid with movie passes."
Author: Dee Bradley Baker
5. "A soft Sea washed around the HouseA Sea of Summer AirAnd rose and fell the magic PlanksThat sailed without a care —For Captain was the ButterflyFor Helmsman was the BeeAnd an entire universeFor the delighted crew."
Author: Emily Dickinson
6. "It was an Indian summer afternoon in Indiana, a rare gift. We walked home slowly. I thought Mom might be wrong about me having all I needed, but just at that moment, I had no need to complain."
Author: Haven Kimmel
7. "Phury lit a blunt and eyed the sixteen cans of Aqua Net that were lined up on Butch and V's coffee table."What's doing with the hair spray? You boys going drag on us?"Butch held up the lenght of PVC pipe he was punching a hole in."Potato launcher, my man. Big fun.""Excuse me ?""Didn't you ever go to summer camp ?""Basket weaving and woodcarving are for humans. No offense, but we have better things to teach our youngs."
Author: J.R. Ward
8. "For me, my favorite trends of summer are lots of color, wedges, rompers and bright lipstick."
Author: Janel Parrish
9. "My Dearest Breena, They will remember us. Long after these wars have been mourned and then forgotten long after Summer and Winter fairies lay aside their rancor for one another and forget that they have ever tasted hatred they will remember – Summer fairies and Winter too – of a fairy king who loved his queen. - Prince Kian"
Author: Kailin Gow
10. "I lead a very active lifestyle. When I am not working, I enjoy snowboarding in winter. I golf and swim in the summer months. However, trying to find the time to exercise when I am traveling is quite a challenge. I find myself working out at hotel gyms quite regularly - just so that I can keep up with my training."
Author: Lee Byung Hun
11. "In the summer or fall of 1974, I read some books about factory farming, and decided that I wanted no part of it."
Author: Matthew Scully
12. "The Summer King stroked her cheek with his thumb. "Can you offer me your fidelity? Your heart and your body and your companionship for eternity? Do you want my fidelity? Either love me or kiss me goodbye, my Summer Queen."
Author: Melissa Marr
13. "My fealty to the Summer Court is rescinded. You are my King no more."
Author: Melissa Marr
14. "Tread softly for you tread on my dreams.-Honor,from the Summer King."
Author: O.R. Melling
15. "Very intense first summer out, to be 18 years old and never having gone on a date, never having smoked a cigarette, never had a drink, even a sip of beer, never kissed a girl, all of those things. It made for a fairly intense first year out."
Author: Peter Jurasik
16. "Before Summer RainSuddenly, from all the green around you,something-you don't know what-has disappeared;you feel it creeping closer to the window,in total silence. From the nearby woodyou hear the urgent whistling of a plover,reminding you of someone's Saint Jerome:so much solitude and passion comefrom that one voice, whose fierce request the downpourwill grant. The walls, with their ancient portraits, glideaway from us, cautiously, as thoughthey weren't supposed to hear what we are saying.And reflected on the faded tapestries now;the chill, uncertain sunlight of those longchildhood hours when you were so afraid"
Author: Rainer Maria Rilke
17. "I dwell in a lonely house I knowThat vanished many a summer ago."
Author: Robert Frost
18. "Then, as I stood in that English garden on the soft early summer night, I felt a surge of pure well-being engulf my whole body. I felt a shivering current of happiness and benevolence flow through me."
Author: William Boyd
19. "Tipsy, they tumbled early into bed - to get as much sleep as they could. So they would feel less hunger. The summer catch had been poor; there wasn't much food. They ate with care and looked sideways at the old: the old were gluttons, everybody knew it, and what was the good of feeding them? It wouldn't harm them to starve a little. The hungry dogs howled. The women rinsed the children's bellies with hot water three times a day, so they wouldn't cry so much for food. The old starved silently. ("The North")"
Author: Yevgeny Zamyatin
20. "Conservatism is far from what I'm aiming at in proclaiming the establishment of a Sethian left-hand path tradition in the West as one of the first missions of the SLM. In fact, in establishing such a tradition, true to the spirit of sacred transgression and holy subversion that is essential to both Seth and the left-hand path, we are opening a door that enlightens through endangerment, that awakens through risk and peril: this is a radical (from Latin radix, root, implying how deep a change is required) enterprise that is the very opposite of conservatism."--"From the Eye of the Storm" (Zeena's column as Hemet-Neter Tepi Seth for the SLM), Volume I - Summer Solstice issue (2003): "Building a Sethian Left-Hand Path Tradition in the West."
Author: Zeena Schreck
21. "Life has puffed and blown itself into a summer day, and clouds and spring billow over the heavens as if calendars were a listing of mathematical errors."
Author: Zelda Fitzgerald
Quotes About Summer Flings Pictures