Famous Quotes About Supportive
Browse 134 famous quotes and sayings about Supportive.
Top Quotes About Supportive
1. "I'm the kindest, most supportive friend ever, probably to my own detriment, but I hope that I am toughening up a little bit."
Author: Aisha Tyler
2. "My family couldn't be more supportive. They're worried and they're always in my business, and my mother does send me grad-school applications every now and again."
Author: Ana Ortiz
3. "Luckily my parents were not against my ambition, they've always been very supportive. But they were adamant that I went to university first."
Author: Archie Panjabi
4. "They established their patriotic credentials long ago, and are either supportive of the Bush agenda or know when to keep their traps shut."
Author: Bill O'Reilly
5. "I pride myself as being a very supportive parent. I go to my daughter's soccer games. I hit most of them. I try to go to all of them."
Author: Bill Simmons
6. "My family would be supportive if I said I wanted to be a Martian, wear only banana skins, make love to ashtrays, and eat tree bark."
Author: Casey Affleck
7. "I'm really proud to be Filipino. Filipinos are really supportive, and I want to thank all of them. I love them!"
Author: Charice Pempengco
8. "It was something I was more interested in myself. When I went to see my sister dance at ballet, I was really into costumes and the arts, and my family was also supportive of whatever me and my sister wanted to do. I would say I pushed myself the most to be into design."
Author: Christian Siriano
9. "I am fully supportive of 'open service' and committed to LGBT military families."
Author: Chuck Hagel
10. "Geffen was never supportive of the band."
Author: Edie Brickell
11. "Country music fans are extremely supportive. Once they're with you, they're with you for life."
Author: Faith Hill
12. "I loved making 'The Hunger Games' - it was the happiest experience of my professional life. Lionsgate was supportive of me in a manner that few directors ever experience in a franchise: they empowered me to make the film I wanted to make and backed the movie in a way that requires no explanation beyond the remarkable results."
Author: Gary Ross
13. "The labour of the farmers, no doubt is of greater value than the financial capacity of the government and non-government institutions which can only play a supportive role."
Author: Girma Woldegiorgis
14. "It is not only the viability and variety of the seed that makes the harvest look plumpy. Sometimes, the soil must value the value of the seed. When the soil is not supportive, the seed's value becomes a waste!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
15. "Children born to teens have less supportive and stimulating environments, poorer health, lower cognitive development, and worse educational outcomes. Children of teen mothers are at increased risk of being in foster care and becoming teen parents themselves, thereby repeating the cycle."
Author: Jane Fonda
16. "You are the best, most loving, supportive family anyone could ever have," I said through my sobs. "I'm so sorry if I'm a burden."They all told me not to be so bloody silly, I told them not to swear, and Landen gave me a handkerchief for my tears."
Author: Jasper Fforde
17. "Connect with supportive people who empower you. The more you jump into your life, the further away from Ed you can get. Don't have a backup plan for living. Live today. […] Trust in God. Believe in yourself. Get friends and family members to stand behind you. That's the only backup you'll need."
Author: Jenni Schaefer
18. "When we are being compassionate, we consider another's circumstance with love rather than judgement... To be compassionate is to move into the right here, right now with an open heart consciousness and a willingness to be supportive."
Author: Jill Bolte Taylor
19. "I had a really wonderful upbringing. We were a tight family. It was wonderful to grow up with so many siblings. We were all just a year or two apart, and we were always so supportive of each other. I learned everything from my older brother and sister and taught it to my younger sisters."
Author: Joaquin Phoenix
20. "It is crucial that members of Congress cast votes that are supportive of the values upon which our nation was founded: equality, freedom, and opportunity for all people."
Author: Joe Baca
21. "I had thirty weeks of prep on 'Captain America.' I have a small team of qualified, supportive, creative producers who are actually helping me achieve my vision of the film. I had a dream cast headed by Chris Evans. I had the best designers, artists, sculptors, craftspeople."
Author: Joe Johnston
22. "But good friends are nothing to each other if they are not supportive."
Author: John Irving
23. "I have an amazing and supportive family. I'm fortunate to have a close relationship with everyone."
Author: Jonathan Keltz
24. "We can, and must, develop dialogue and relatedness with our body because it's talking to us all the time. And please remember, your body loves you. It does everything it can to keep you alive and functioning. You can feed it garbage, and it will take it and digest it for you. You can deprive it of sleep, but still it gets you up and running next morning. You can drink too much alcohol, and it will eliminate it from your system. It loves you unconditionally and does its best to allow you to live the life you came here for. The real issue in this relationship is not whether your body loves you, but whether you love your body. In any relationship, if one partner is loving, faithful and supportive, it's easy for the other to take that person for granted. That's what most of us do with our bodies. It is time for you to shift this, and working to understand your cravings is one of the best places to begin. Then you can build a mutually loving relationship with your own body."
Author: Joshua Rosenthal
25. "I come from a middle class family, and my parents weren't too supportive of my career choices."
Author: Kangna Ranaut
26. "So when we start talking about the state and all those that are so important and engaged and supportive around Florida, we've gotten overwhelming support, and it's so exciting."
Author: Katherine Harris
27. "'One Tree Hill' was my first television experience, so naturally I was nervous initially. There is no rehearsal, you get your script a few days ahead, and you work. I was also the youngest actor, 13, on set at that time, but it was amazing to be able to 'learn the ropes' with such a supportive group of people."
Author: Kelsey Chow
28. "I'm very blessed that I have such a supportive wife who is secure with letting me embarrass myself."
Author: Ken Jeong
29. "I had very supportive parents that made the way for me, even at a time when there were very few women - no women, really; maybe two or three women - and very few, fewer than that, African-American women heading in this direction, so there were very few people to look up to. You just had to have faith."
Author: Leah Ward Sears
30. "The fans that I have met so far have been nothing but supportive and extremely passionate about the books. I feel so honored to meet all these people. Something like this, which I think is bigger than anyone in the film, it's pretty crazy."
Author: Liam Hemsworth
31. "I guess it's time."While Cress's thoughts continued to churn through the horrible things that could happen to her, she felt herself being suddenly spun around and dipped backward, a supportive arm scooping beneath her back. She yelped and caught herself on Thorne's shoulder.Then he was kissing her."
Author: Marissa Meyer
32. "My parents were supportive of my creativity but did not have a lot of patience for whimsy with zero production value. They had stuff to do."
Author: Mindy Kaling
33. "Egyptians are always and will always be supportive of their Palestinian brothers, all Palestinians."
Author: Mohammed Morsi
34. "Most parents are not really ‘supportive' because they want their kid(s) to succeed; they ‘support' their kid(s) as an attempt to avoid appearing to have bred a failure, or, failures … in the eyes of their peers and/or neighbours."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
35. "I'm used to always being different, in any context. People always want to know how I grew up, so I just say I grew up Muslim. That's the truth. Two Muslim girls can write me two extremely different letters - and they do. Some are very supportive, and some question what I do."
Author: Noureen DeWulf
36. "I am thankful for all the blessings and talents I have been given, but most of all I am thankful for my loving and supportive family."
Author: Olivia Holt
37. "My parents were neither wealthy nor academic, but we lived comfortably and they were always extremely supportive of my academic efforts and aspirations, both at school and university."
Author: Paul Nurse
38. "Of all mushrooms commonly consumed, oyster mushrooms in the genus Pleurotus stand out as exceptional allies for improving human and environmental health. These mushrooms enjoy a terrific reputation as the easiest to cultivate, richly nutritious and medicinally supportive."
Author: Paul Stamets
39. "At age 12, I was put on tranquilizers when I should have gotten help. There was nothing major and awful, I just didn't feel my family was supportive and emotionally generous."
Author: Paula Danziger
40. "Our true friends are those who are with us when the good things happen. They cheer us on and are pleased by our triumphs. False friends only appear at difficult times, with their sad, supportive faces, when, in fact, our suffering is serving to console them for their miserable lives."
Author: Paulo Coelho
41. "Students of the psychedelic realm know that one's expectations are a powerful determinant of the direction, content, and outcome of the experience. So, we should say at the outset that the experiences recounted here were preceded by careful preparation, where the trip was presented as a learning experience and a process of self-discovery. They all took place in safe, supportive environments. They generally did not fit the stereotypical model of teenagers dropping acid at a rock concert, looking for awesome visuals and good vibes."
Author: Rick Doblin
42. "I always vaguely knew I wanted to perform, but I haven't got the greatest singing voice and my dancing isn't up to scratch. Acting was really the only alternative. My parents have been really supportive throughout."
Author: Ruth Wilson
43. "Move. For one thing, you're going to start paying more attention. Yes, perhaps you'll sometimes have a crazed, wild-eyed look, but that's a price you're willing to pay to "free your mind." I'd like to be supportive, so let me alert you to the possible pitfalls of this strategy. In the psychological study of attention, one comes across a famous short video clip of three students dressed in white and three dressed in black, with each team passing a basketball back and forth as the members constantly change positions. The goal for viewers is to count how many times the white team passes the ball from one member to another. If you'd like to participate yourself, which I recommend, you can view the video online at http://viscog.beckman.uiuc.edu/flashm..."
Author: Sheena Iyengar
44. "The best schools tend to have the best teachers, not to mention parents who supervise homework, so there is less need for self-organised learning. But where a child comes from a less supportive home environment, where there are family tensions perhaps, their schoolwork can suffer. They need to be taught to think and study for themselves."
Author: Sugata Mitra
45. "Although any help is genuinely welcomed, it is more important to be a supportive, proactive parent than it is to be a supportive parent after academic failure and negative behaviors occur."
Author: Tanya R. Liverman
46. "'American Playhouse' is very supportive of writers. That's really why writers like to write for 'American Playhouse' for very little money. They care about making your play, your script, not some network production. We're treated like playwrights, not like fodder for some machine."
Author: Terrence McNally
47. "It was important for us to be as supportive as our candidates and as our incumbent senators would have us be."
Author: Tom Daschle
48. "Because of my unique experience as my mom's child, the beginning of my journey was more about me trying to figure out who I was on my own. My mom is one of the greatest moms and so supportive of all my siblings and of all of us being who we are, and not who she wanted us to be."
Author: Tracee Ellis Ross
49. "The problem with certainty is that sometimes it can sound cold and heartless, although it is the most compassionate and supportive answer."
Author: Yehuda Berg
50. "My parents are supportive of anything I want to do, as long as it's not bad."
Author: Zoey Deutch
Quotes About Supportive Pictures